collapse

Author Topic: ANIME BATTLE ROYAL project  (Read 35842 times)

Offline Mach25

• You think this is a smile? It's not, it's the grimace of a lion.
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:November 02, 2014, 11:47:53 PM
Re: ANIME BATTLE ROYAL project
« Reply #475 on: October 31, 2012, 11:28:20 PM »
Dang....I had no idea you guys were doing all this from scratch....I thought you were simply throwing together various chars created and sticking them into a screenpack...major boost in respect for the CROMS. I thought you guys were just casual mugen guys, not serious, hardworking dudes who can go the whole nine yards. Wow. Will awakened Terry be included in the project, Lando bro?

Offline Enso

• C.R.O.M. Dancer, Sprite Artist, Winner of Sprite of the Week Contest #71, and Winner of Round 6 and 15 in Last Person To Post Wins!
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 03:41:40 AM
« Reply #476 on: November 01, 2012, 06:05:56 AM »
Dude, this project has been in progress since early last year I guess. There is one person who works on the SP and one is working on the portrait(s). There are a couple of stages that already got completed (one Terry stage by Mugen Ninja and one Luffy stage by Wolviesam). Those dudes are doing/have done their hard work.

About Terry, Terry will have some of his own moves. I believe the Awakened Terry by DemonKai won't be in. I will wait for Lando to explain more about this.

Sig by TGM

(click to show/hide)

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #477 on: November 01, 2012, 12:39:31 PM »
@ Mach25: Yeh the guys are putting a lot of passion into this project as far as everything thats going down. so it will take some time. All the characters will be locked in the game. My Awakened terry V3 is a separate project of my own ive been working on for quite some time now. Im not sure Lando will release a version of his terry open to the public after the release of the ABR game. He can more so let you know whats up with that. Time frame of release of my terry i cant confirm just yet but he is at 90% though. Hes a pretty heavy character. a lot of FX and sounds and other stuff....
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #478 on: November 01, 2012, 02:57:22 PM »
Dang....I had no idea you guys were doing all this from scratch....I thought you were simply throwing together various chars created and sticking them into a screenpack...major boost in respect for the CROMS. I thought you guys were just casual mugen guys, not serious, hardworking dudes who can go the whole nine yards. Wow. Will awakened Terry be included in the project, Lando bro?
:D wassup brop Mach! yeah man this thing is building from scratch bro.  all the characters in the game have to be actually made since 97% of them don't exist in mugen period ( other then the terry version i am doing but with alot of stuff being made ) there are tho versions of Luffy around and a hakufu but not like these ones in our project in they way they being sprited. Luffy is all scratch with no bases.  so yeah man this is a long haul project with alot of spriting to be done. cant throw together something that doesnt exist in mugen.  :D . well we are casual mugen guys but serious about what we doing.

enso and demonaki said much of what i would have said tho already on whats what. ABR Terry ( which is locked in the full game as all of them will be for the initial release)  will tho see an outside release as i believe all the characters will once the game has been out for awhile and release stages and all.  moreso release both characters with their corresponding stages in one pack each based on wether some are from same anime then it will be multiple ... example: Edward Elric and Scar from Full Metal Alchemist anime  will all be together while Vampire Hunter D will be solo since he the only one from his anime representing like a few in the game are just by themselves.

ABR terry will differ greatly from Kai's ,  thats his own project he started long before we even met. awesome character too  i must say bro Kai.  :thumbsup: thanx for taking me on as a young padawon bro.  ::salute::

the screenpack is being coded and even developed by hloader with his own awesome touches but the main layout of the lifebars, character select screen, big portraits and small portaits and ABR logo was designed by awesome graphic artist V-nix with  Shadaloo, , Jodafro, Overlordnick, Rage , Wolviesam and myself have and are contributing what he needs to help out in graphical stuff and voices and so on.  Huge Huge thanx to the bros for helping out to make it an awesome SP  to represent the project in good quality.

so yeah bro sorry to make this so long lol but this is a huge project well worth taking the good time to make the quality good in every way we can. Respect to you too bro mach. Hail Crom bro! ::salute::
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 03:06:57 PM by C.R.O.M - Lando »

Offline Trinitronity

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 13, 2023, 01:26:38 PM
  • Working on coming back to MUGEN
    • Email
« Reply #479 on: November 02, 2012, 08:12:20 AM »
With so much talk about the sprites, did you already found a coder?

Offline YoungSamurai5

• Young Coder
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:October 11, 2018, 09:37:13 PM
  • Live by the gun, Die by the sword
    • Email
« Reply #480 on: November 03, 2012, 12:58:19 AM »
With so much talk about the sprites, did you already found a coder?

numerous coders including myself, the awesome demonkai and lando is doing some coding which kai is teaching him  :)

hail crom lol
Mugen or Nothin

Offline Trinitronity

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 13, 2023, 01:26:38 PM
  • Working on coming back to MUGEN
    • Email
« Reply #481 on: November 03, 2012, 02:47:17 AM »
Lando is a coder, too?  :o
Did he already coded/released a char before?

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #482 on: November 03, 2012, 10:38:34 PM »
Lando is a coder, too?  :o
Did he already coded/released a char before?

wellllll i aint an aofficial coder. lol. but yeah i am gonna be coding onm the project as well. I have to cause i wanna learn everything there is to know so i can be an all round creator. as Young Samurai stated, i am learning from Demonkai . i have cool coder friends as well like Infinite, R@ce45 and others that if there is something we might wanna try and see if those cool guys can show me something to help me further getting sound in coding. plus my own tinckering around looking at stuff . lol.  i havenmt released anything because i am new to it in mugen but i done c++ programming long time ago.  ( very long time ago..lol) this is different and but i stopped looking at it like the Matrix and now as i see what others post on codes and getting fundamental understanding of stuff it all starts to look like a sexy lady ! lol. hope i get it all down right but starting off with basics first.  :thumbsup:

Offline Gizmo Hibiki

• Last Login:March 25, 2024, 03:10:43 PM
    • Email
« Reply #483 on: November 03, 2012, 10:58:05 PM »
Dude, we should have some Queens Blade characters in this thing! That would be epic!  :) :) :cool :cool :o :o ;D ;D :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #484 on: November 04, 2012, 12:42:23 PM »
WELL speaking of coding..lol

Let me know lando when you want to start chippin at the first character's basic stuff

HAIL CROM!!

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #485 on: November 04, 2012, 02:09:57 PM »
WELL speaking of coding..lol

Let me know lando when you want to start chippin at the first character's basic stuff

lol  :thumbsup: ...on that note bruh.. i am off thursday and friday , so ya boy off work and now got that good free time to get it in. got you on the jack so you know how we roll bro.  ::salute::

Offline Excahm

• MFFA/C.R.O.M. Stage Maker, Needless Fanboy, Lando's Headache and Rage's GFX Brother and Somewhat a Spriter.
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:April 24, 2019, 05:23:39 PM
  • Ready to shut the f*ck up your mount!
    • Mugen Team Mexico
« Reply #486 on: November 07, 2012, 11:05:24 PM »
Just waiting to see your Adam Blade in action someday bro.

Offline Mach25

• You think this is a smile? It's not, it's the grimace of a lion.
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:November 02, 2014, 11:47:53 PM
« Reply #487 on: November 18, 2012, 08:39:23 PM »
hot dog...man, the croms are my crew indeed! man, this crew is the s.@;, no joke! hail crom!

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #488 on: November 24, 2012, 01:03:06 AM »
Just waiting to see your Adam Blade in action someday bro.

dont worry you will. lol

well i decided since i got better at spriting and been working on revisions of Terry for ABR , i am doing a few things for his son and for his daughter Alissa ( who will only be in parts of the storyboard for terry) to solidify a cool look for her as well go back and do over the previous Terry Jr sprites for when i start doing the Hyper strikers and intros  again for coding them in. this is Terry and daughter Alissa in what is part of a storyboard for them but son will be in it as well as mom Blue Mary in new outfit for it.

son terry will still keep his red shirt as well with the Terry signature white star on the front.. :thumbsup:

Offline Enso

• C.R.O.M. Dancer, Sprite Artist, Winner of Sprite of the Week Contest #71, and Winner of Round 6 and 15 in Last Person To Post Wins!
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 03:41:40 AM
« Reply #489 on: November 24, 2012, 08:08:02 AM »
You are getting a lot better on this! Dang! That daughter and Terry are looking so good there! You're creative, Lando! Like what li-kun said, you will be better in spriting than him. :D I know you're getting there. Someday, I will ask you to help me on the shading.

Sig by TGM

(click to show/hide)

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #490 on: November 24, 2012, 04:26:10 PM »
Like i was telling you before man that shading deal you got down packed hardbody man!!  :Terry

HAIL CROM!!

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #491 on: December 14, 2012, 01:10:47 AM »
finshed Witchblade stance sprite and ported her to mugen and tested the look on Terry stage with Terry in it.  #:-S ::salute::lol

this stage is getting one more update and that is some more water animation added to it more than what is has now.

as always more work to do and still rockin and rolling.

Hail Crom  ::salute::

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #492 on: January 08, 2013, 08:28:08 PM »
Well folks its about time to get the train rolling this year more and i want to finish off the cast of the project in full. .  This is the last call for submissions for the game.  I think the first one went well way back.  these submissions will be for 5 characters that will be unlockable characters only.   how it will work is like this:

each person can list up to 5 characters only. after the submissions time frame is over the ones that have the most request will enter a poll. then people will vote for a whole month on the characters. there may be an extention is needed.
if there are any ties we will have a tie breaker vote. The top 5 will be in the game with only one extra will be chosen as a secret slide in.

rules  for submissions:

you cannot submit any character that is already part of the roster characters anime. show/movie.
no Gundams_ we have something already planned for Gundam gameplay involved.
No Naruto characters - we have that covered as well with 2 already in ( i wont say who but i will name one - Rock Lee - me and a cool homie i hope will work with me on him when time cause we both done Rock Lee sprites looks. lol)
No chibi characters
No hentai anime characters ( like bible black type stuff for example)
No god tier characters ( like DBZ characters- but might have something planned for a certain one for the game if we can squeeze him in . )

i would like to have fighter types,magic users fighter types, power user types, weapon fighters , either Male or Female.
the characters should be a character that has not been mugenized.
as well looking forward to some old school characters to be submitted .
if as well can , please add a photo of the character/s your submitting, the name of the anime they are from and what type of fighter the character is. This helps with the resources big time since i will and as well other will be looking to utilize some moves from these characters and can see how they fight and and use their skills /abilities.

I have been working very hard these couple years beefing up my own personal spriting skill to get better quality in the sprites and works that i am doing as best i can and as well there are people within the crew and contributors that are on other projects of their own so when they have free time then those people will def give a helping hand .  I will be as well doing coding, as i have been in the lab for quite a bit learning here and there but spriting mostly. This will be the year there will be much more shown and not just simple sprites.  Gameplay videos and screenshots of much of what has been done and what will be done will be shown but quality first as we can. this is a beastly project but one i am proud to be doing and will be a finished wip and released when everything is done completely.  I will make a seperate thread for the submissions my friends and fam. * cracks Knuckles* its time to get down and dirtier!

Hail Crom and thanks everybody.

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2021, 04:30:43 PM
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #493 on: January 09, 2013, 03:18:05 AM »
lol postedbeforereadingallthewayillwait

Offline Godbomber

• Initiate
  • Last Login:February 25, 2020, 07:59:02 PM
    • Email
« Reply #494 on: January 09, 2013, 06:12:14 PM »
hey Found you!!  I've been following this project when it was posted at Battle Arena Dojin but you haven't posted there in awhile and I thought you quit. Small Cyberverse huh. I'm a member of this forum too. Looks like you've done alot so far. well Good luck to you finnishing it!! hapyy 2013!! :Terry

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #495 on: January 09, 2013, 08:32:57 PM »
hey Found you!!  I've been following this project when it was posted at Battle Arena Dojin but you haven't posted there in awhile and I thought you quit. Small Cyberverse huh. I'm a member of this forum too. Looks like you've done alot so far. well Good luck to you finnishing it!! hapyy 2013!! :Terry

Hey there! good to see you here. yeah small cyber world indeed lol. Yeah i havent been there in a while . i was on other cpu  posting there and now been on this one i am using for now and oinly went there a few times. but i will update there with more concrete stuff for this year. i can do a poll there and all as well.  Toshio is a good friend and cool person. Thats how i found out about Battle Arena Dojin.  lol . i like his works as well.

Nahh i didnt quit, NEVER that! its alive and well bro. just going slow process cause its alot of work and i want to have this project right on track. with Marvel and DC as well as company stock stuff all in mugen and getting done even more i think its a good thing to bring more anime/manga love to mugen. So i wont quit and can't quit. lol . Happy 2013 to you too and let this be the year mugen /bor communities both shine great!  :thumbsup: ::salute::

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #496 on: January 19, 2013, 07:59:21 PM »
I wanted to show this off of the big character select screen port for original boss character of ABR - Kravix Von Gaudeamus -being developed and voiced by me.  made just a few tad small touch ups on him in details here and there ,  very very small but still gonna do the finish look maybe on the cape.
 The big port was created and all custom made by awesome artist Odin787 at IMT.   Awesome that he made this by sketch to full color and high quality res and as well incorperated how i described the characters core personality. Definitley nailed his narcissistic/megalomaniac like attitude with a healthy dose of evil intent and " I am everything and you are nothing " attitude in facial expression and sitting in throne chair ( which will now be incorperated in his stage intro, thanks for that original idea to roll with through your artwork bro.). very power mad individual and he captured it by words alone to physical look. Proud of your work  my friend.  Definitely pure win bro  .  mad respect and  major majorrrrr props!  Thanx and Hail Crom bro..

once i (or someone) can do some really good customized stylish fonts looks for these i will then remake the big port text.  now i got a lil how to make these i can start on some more big ports later. 

Offline Odin787

• Unit 01
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:October 21, 2018, 12:48:39 AM
    • My deviant Art
    • Email
« Reply #497 on: January 19, 2013, 08:17:44 PM »
Looks nice, although if you don't mind me saying the portrait looks like it lost a bit of quality, here, I used the original file and re-sized it you portraits dimensions, all you need to do is add the borders and the text.

"An artist's responsibility is to be irresponsible. As soon as you start to think about social or political responsibility, you've amputated the best limbs you've got as an artist. You are plugging into a very restrictive system that is going to push and mold you, and is going to make your art totally useless and ineffective." --David Cronenberg

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #498 on: January 19, 2013, 08:20:42 PM »
Looks nice, although if you don't mind me saying the portrait looks like it lost a bit of quality, here, I used the original file and re-sized it you portraits dimensions, all you need to do is add the borders and the text.

thanks!!! yeah i resized in stupid paint  ( i should have used Gimp  o.O# lol )and it did lose that quality big time. glad you hooked it up. i can def do the rest on that now. again bro great work and helpin out.   ^:)^

Offline Odin787

• Unit 01
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:October 21, 2018, 12:48:39 AM
    • My deviant Art
    • Email
« Reply #499 on: January 19, 2013, 08:22:06 PM »
no problem, I'm glad I was able to help.
"An artist's responsibility is to be irresponsible. As soon as you start to think about social or political responsibility, you've amputated the best limbs you've got as an artist. You are plugging into a very restrictive system that is going to push and mold you, and is going to make your art totally useless and ineffective." --David Cronenberg

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by GTFoxN6Y
[Today at 01:00:10 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat