collapse

Author Topic: MvC Punisher: EoH Project  (Read 60583 times)

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
Re: MvC Punisher: EoH Project
« Reply #600 on: July 03, 2008, 04:40:59 PM »
I'm loving the new moves. I jsut wonder if his stance wouldn't look a little better with a knife in that open hand.

Offline aPoCaLyPsE

• :+:Simply Twist'D:+:
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 30, 2018, 06:11:39 PM
  • ...I spit blood before I speak...
    • -"aPoCaLyPsE's Bio... Enter with Caution..."
    • Email
« Reply #601 on: July 03, 2008, 06:27:22 PM »
I'm loving the new moves. I jsut wonder if his stance wouldn't look a little better with a knife in that open hand.

The only downside to placing a knife in hand on his opening stance is that he would need the knife to remain thru-out the rest of his animations, so it stays consistance thru all his movements from crounching LK's to jumping motions to Hypers that don't include Punisher using both of his hands. It might be a little much to just throw in a knife for the stance alone. I see where your comming from with the sugguestion tho.

Hey apoc was watching ur two most recent vids and i was 1drn if r u finshed working on the walking animation? I ask cause he looks  wheightless.

It would be nice 2 c his full walk to be centain.

Ps. Love ur work keep it strong

Are you speaking in reguards to the new walking animation featured in "Punisher News" on Page 38? Or the walking animations seen in the lastest Punisher W.I.P videos? The one from the W.I.P videos are mis-aligned and no longer official animations (as most all his moves aren't anymore) They have been replaced with the new sprites courtesy of Wu and Ex (and a little me :P ). I think when it's seen in actual gameplay and not as a floating image on the forum, it may change your opinion of seeming "weightless". I appreciate the feedback and endless support Tenspeed and Rage.  :thumbsup:

-"aPoC."

« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 07:26:10 PM by aPoCaLyPsE »

Offline darkmoon766

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 10, 2014, 03:34:45 AM
    • Email
« Reply #602 on: July 04, 2008, 01:54:06 PM »
He's looking better and better.   :thumbsup:  Since you are putting so much work into him, are you planning at some point to give him a more realistic looking pistol, like a desert eagle?   If you already addressed this I apologize.

Offline aPoCaLyPsE

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #603 on: July 05, 2008, 02:06:29 PM »
He's looking better and better. :thumbsup: Since you are putting so much work into him, are you planning at some point to give him a more realistic looking pistol, like a desert eagle? If you already addressed this I apologize.

We will see, but i haven't had any intentions of updating the gun style due to time conflicts.

Minor Update and alternation to the Battle Van intro:

* Don't mind the animation speeds, it always speed up a little while rendering.
** Still need to edit the gun out of the hand prior to landing on the ground, but i needed to realign the van in the intro.
***And final sprite prior to stance still needs gun coloring (i just figured I'd still that from Ex since he's already done it with the stance animation.)
****His hand will flair open as the gun approaches

-"aPoC."
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 12:05:10 AM by aPoCaLyPsE »

Offline darkmoon766

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #604 on: July 05, 2008, 04:04:36 PM »
If you do update the pistol, I think it would be easiest to make about 6-10 sprites at various angles and just paste them in place like the team project batman head.  Nice van intro.

Offline moonmaster1

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:November 06, 2014, 10:42:08 PM
  • Amateur Movie Maker
    • Email
« Reply #605 on: July 05, 2008, 04:16:19 PM »
to be honest a more realistic gun could take away from the cartoony aspect of what marvel vs capcom is. everything is always out of whack in the vs games and with realism added into it, mvc would be a pretty big mess. but thats my opinion.

I am loving the battle van by the way apoc, mad justice to the punisher comics!
We don’t need a toilet. The pile of clothes in the hallway has worked fine for us for years, and it will continue to work. — Master Shake

Offline LameLikeMike

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 13, 2011, 01:10:40 AM
« Reply #606 on: July 05, 2008, 05:14:45 PM »
i hate to be negative apoc, because all your work thus far has been awesome, but are the van's wheels gonna stay that way, or did you simplify the van for the gif because a couple extra sprites of the van could make it a lot more life like
(i know its a bit of grunt work but it would help and im sure many of us, including myself wouldn't mind pitching in a couple sprite edits to make punisher feel more finished if you want nothing to do with it)

Offline aPoCaLyPsE

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #607 on: July 05, 2008, 05:48:02 PM »
are the van's wheels gonna stay that way, or did you simplify the van for the gif

Simplied. Theres 14 other sprites prior to the van stopping and letting Punisher out. I just wanted to show the alternative version of his van entrance (with the gun twirl).

-"aPoC."

Offline Esʞy

• Somebody that you use to know..
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 02, 2018, 04:18:20 PM
    • Email
« Reply #608 on: July 05, 2008, 06:59:09 PM »
do both if u can
(click to show/hide)

Offline moonmaster1

• Forum Member
  • Amateur Movie Maker
    • Email
« Reply #609 on: July 05, 2008, 07:58:13 PM »
how many intros will punisher have? and does he have any special interaction intros with other characters like spiderman?
We don’t need a toilet. The pile of clothes in the hallway has worked fine for us for years, and it will continue to work. — Master Shake

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #610 on: July 06, 2008, 12:51:54 AM »
Wow, its been too long sence ive checked in on this. Punisher is looking sweet, and that van is pritty freaking good, I know how hard it is to make a vehicle. Wow you have made like a ton of progress! Good Job
 XD||

Offline aPoCaLyPsE

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #611 on: July 06, 2008, 02:48:56 AM »
do both if u can

I suppose I can. The original pose (from the W.I.P video) wasn't aligned properly, and didn't look as smooth with the new stance, so I changed it figuring the "reloading" pose would be used in both the taunt and winpose.. We'll see.

how many intros will punisher have? and does he have any special interaction intros with other characters like spiderman?

2 or 3.

and  ^^(PM)^ . Currently zero, but I've been looking into that recently. I've been in contact with Team Unlimited for a special introduction between both Punisher and Deadpool, and since seeing the most recent progress, they have agree to work along side for a very "interesting" intro. Thats about all I can say for now.

Wow, its been too long sence ive checked in on this. Punisher is looking sweet, and that van is pritty freaking good, I know how hard it is to make a vehicle. Wow you have made like a ton of progress! Good Job
 XD||

::salute:: Ty man.

-"aPoC."

Offline J.C.McMinis

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:March 16, 2011, 03:56:49 AM
  • All American Father
    • Email
« Reply #612 on: July 06, 2008, 02:54:45 AM »
I've been in contact with Team Unlimited for a special introduction between both Punisher and Deadpool, and since seeing the most recent progress, they have agree to work along side for a very "interesting" intro. Thats about all I can say for now.

Oh that's gonna be awesome...all of Deadpools other custom intro's are hilarious...I am looking foreward to this.

"If we forget One Nation Under God, then we are a nation gone under" Ronald Regan.

Offline juelz aka wolfi

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 14, 2022, 06:32:03 AM
  • still no cajones to fight me? fuhgetdaboutit
    • Email
« Reply #613 on: July 06, 2008, 02:55:48 PM »
 :o :o :o :o :o

dayyum this is gona a fat file size for this character with the amount of stuff theres going into him
but i aitn complaining
i guarantee that no other punisher can touch yours apoc its jus toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sick

sig by jvalent2 what happens to hulk? tell you soon
avatar shield by akeme and darktalbain

Offline moonmaster1

• Forum Member
  • Amateur Movie Maker
    • Email
« Reply #614 on: July 06, 2008, 07:30:25 PM »
deadpool and punsiher...interacting? this is gonna be as good as the convo between dan and bison in svc chaos.

I love you apoc....in a platonic kind of way. I wish I had a time machine now so I Can fast forward to 2009.  :D

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #615 on: July 06, 2008, 09:47:35 PM »
I love that new van intro . Looks great young Logani.... I mean Apoc :thumbsup:

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #616 on: July 07, 2008, 12:01:04 AM »

The only downside to placing a knife in hand on his opening stance is that he would need the knife to remain thru-out the rest of his animations, so it stays consistance thru all his movements from crounching LK's to jumping motions to Hypers that don't include Punisher using both of his hands. It might be a little much to just throw in a knife for the stance alone. I see where your comming from with the sugguestion tho.

Hey apoc was watching ur two most recent vids and i was 1drn if r u finshed working on the walking animation? I ask cause he looks&nbsp; wheightless.

It would be nice 2 c his full walk to be centain.

Ps. Love ur work keep it strong

Are you speaking in reguards to the new walking animation featured in "Punisher News" on Page 38? Or the walking animations seen in the lastest Punisher W.I.P videos? The one from the W.I.P videos are mis-aligned and no longer official animations (as most all his moves aren't anymore) They have been replaced with the new sprites courtesy of Wu and Ex (and a little me :P ). I think when it's seen in actual gameplay and not as a floating image on the forum, it may change your opinion of seeming "weightless". I appreciate the feedback and endless support Tenspeed and Rage. :thumbsup:

-"aPoC."

yeahg I know it would be a pain to do. I'll tell ya though, if you took his walking forward animation and had him standing still and breathing, it would look good too. coupled with his walking animation it would almost be a throwback to the old punisher beat em up arcade game.

Offline aPoCaLyPsE

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #617 on: July 08, 2008, 11:10:07 AM »
yeahg I know it would be a pain to do. I'll tell ya though, if you took his walking forward animation and had him standing still and breathing, it would look good too. coupled with his walking animation it would almost be a throwback to the old punisher beat em up arcade game.

That could work, I'll play with the idea and see where it goes. We're animating a run for him similar to the walk currently, since his run from the video was set as a continuious roll.

-"aPoC."

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 26, 2024, 02:34:14 PM
« Reply #618 on: July 08, 2008, 11:30:16 AM »
That van intro looks awesome. Only thing I would personally change, is the way the wheels look. They look great, but are in the wrong position. The way they are now along with how the actual van is, doesn't look quite right. I would just have it look like they're positioned exactly in the center. Sorry if that sounds a bit confusing.

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline moonmaster1

• Forum Member
  • Amateur Movie Maker
    • Email
« Reply #619 on: July 08, 2008, 06:32:18 PM »

That could work, I'll play with the idea and see where it goes. We're animating a run for him similar to the walk currently, since his run from the video was set as a continuious roll.

-"aPoC."

Now I can get the fact that no one liked the punisher arcade strikers, but anything that gives punisher more of his style from the arcade is hardcore, I like...no...I LOVE THAT STANCE tenspeed had.

that mixed with the roll, its amazing. do you have it that if you hit a hard kick button midroll he does that shadow kick move? that move has killer back in the day, about 96.5% of all bad guys died to that move.  :D

Offline darkmoon766

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #620 on: July 09, 2008, 04:13:38 AM »
Here is another DC counterpart for Punisher to think about.  I loved reading this comic when Punisher was at his prime as well.

Vigilante - Adrian Chase

(http://www.titanstower.com/source/whoswho/vigilante.html)

Seems pretty much dead on to me.

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #621 on: July 10, 2008, 04:39:47 AM »

-"aPoC."

Now I can get the fact that no one liked the punisher arcade strikers, but anything that gives punisher more of his style from the arcade is hardcore, I like...no...I LOVE THAT STANCE tenspeed had.

that mixed with the roll, its amazing. do you have it that if you hit a hard kick button midroll he does that shadow kick move? that move has killer back in the day, about 96.5% of all bad guys died to that move. :D

well I didn't make that stance. that's actually the forward walk animation apoc posted a few pages back.

I'm glad to hear that the continuous roll is gonan be nixed. while I agree that the punisher should have some sort of a commando roll move, I didn't think ti worked as a forward dash. I'm really curious to see what you guys come up with, and thanks for taking my ideas into thought.

Offline Diek Stiekem

• Initiate
  • Last Login:February 26, 2022, 06:24:53 PM
« Reply #622 on: July 11, 2008, 03:53:20 PM »
How could I have missed the new vids on the first page?! Sometimes I'm just an idiot o.O#

I'm very suprised with the "Captain America" hyper (in a good way that is), keep up the good work and take all the time you need ::salute::
"Such heroic nonsense!"

Offline ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~

• Special Ops Mugen Creator
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 10, 2024, 04:28:06 PM
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
« Reply #623 on: July 12, 2008, 08:19:50 PM »
hey apoc, i was wondering if punisher had a stage that was in the works for him in EOH, well wthere he does and doesn't i want to make a music track for his stage for EOH....  I think i could wip up something really good... i'm already about to release a track for Dead X's EOH stage for lilith, and also i think punisher is tight enough for me to do a track for him, so pm me and let me kno if would like me too, but i'll probably make one anyway.... I already have done one for captain america, ryu, cyber ken, guile, DJ, Akuma so.... anyway, hit me up.......

Offline aPoCaLyPsE

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #624 on: July 12, 2008, 08:50:26 PM »
hey apoc, i was wondering if punisher had a stage that was in the works for him in EOH, well wthere he does and doesn't i want to make a music track for his stage for EOH....  I think i could wip up something really good... i'm already about to release a track for Dead X's EOH stage for lilith, and also i think punisher is tight enough for me to do a track for him, so pm me and let me kno if would like me too, but i'll probably make one anyway.... I already have done one for captain america, ryu, cyber ken, guile, DJ, Akuma so.... anyway, hit me up.......

^^(PM)^

I was going to save it as news for next month's progress, but since you'll touched on the topic.. Yeh, infact as of July 10th, I've looking into this area. A good friend of mine is currently working on MvC Punisher's official stage, and all i can say for now is that it will be VERY "Punisher Arcade Game Inspired". It will still need to be cleared suitable by the team as for if it will be used for EoH. As for the BGM for the stage, I'll definently shoot you a PM once we finalize the stage. Don't focus on anything for now until I can get back to ya with some screens.

-"aPoC."

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
[5] 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal