collapse

Author Topic: Fighter Factory Ultimate - Official thread  (Read 4410 times)

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 18, 2024, 11:29:37 PM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
Fighter Factory Ultimate - Official thread
« on: January 25, 2009, 07:01:12 PM »
(that is really official, hehehehe)

Hello there,

As some people know (some don't), I'm, with {_Carnificina_}, one of the main beta testers & mentor of Fighter Factory, that was greatly done by VirtualTek, a very skilled programmer. Thanx to Fighter Factory, we could land a mark into Mugen's history with the most complete, easier and better Mugen ever done.

The newcomers could not never faced this, but some old creators like me had started when you have to use MCM + Airedit + SounDzGood + notepad to make a character, back to a time when we haven't even a CPS2 emulation and artmoney wasn't in the scene...so we done the characters on the hardcore way, baby :)

MEE was a good tool, but have some problems, as the ZCharCad - and old tool - have too. But thanx to VirtualTek, this is history.

========================================================================================

FIGHTER FACTORY ULTIMATE

VT (and us) is working on a newer version called Fighter Factory Ultimate. You may ask why..because the previous version wasn't perfect yet. VT had decided to remake it FROM THE SCRATCH...I was shocked when he said that, but he was right.

The new version, private to just MGBR members who had Creator status, is comming nicelly, with some really wonderful new features. So I've decided to share this development with you all, so we can have a even better tool.

BUT, I would like to receive SERIOUS comments. Noob comments, or weird ones, will be just ignored. This is why we had the development process locked to MGBR creators (even PDM aren't allowed there), just the big guys are there. So, this is more serious than some people can imagine...we are here to make a revolution again, and we want your help too.

Enough talk, lets start!  :O*D

WHat is new?

- New interface (beta), with easier look, more room to work.

- the ability to open more than one character at the same time (the image above shows two open chars)

- background image on SFF, so you can check the sprite aligment (this can be customized)

- Improved performance: FFU works a lot faster than FF, thanks to the new memory acess system. You can choose to store the temp data workflow into disk cache (less ram need, but slower) or into RAM (more ram needed, faster).

- Live preview of Air effects, like A, A1, S and ASXXDXX formats:

- Hability to copy images from another SFF ON-THE-FLY, without have to export and remount the whole sff (avaliable on the previous version by my request, because we use it a lot to Spec Ops, hehe). I HOPE THAT NOOBS WON'T USE THIS TO STEAL. You can copy one image, a group, a interval and maitain the same number or change the number

- Option to have COMPRESSED chars into the .FFZ format, using a  LZW compression and saving 50% of all the size:

The whole char

compressed version

- New code highlight (with underlines), state numbers with name (as you can see on the left), chained states (you can jump to any trigger that is chained inside a statedef), CNS files organized into a dropdown menu (not on tabs anymore):

- Quick jump to any CMD command with a right click. You don't need even to click, just a mouse over and you see it.

- Improved image insert - now you can choose shared palete, unshared palete or the first image palete, with the buttons to set the default axis and even crop the images:

WHAT WAS REMOVED?

- Auto CLSN tool - Some new creators are OVERUSING that  making chars with tons of CLSN into a single sprite. This isn't smart, is was stated on Mugen docs and it slows mugen baddly. By my request, its gone and won't return, sorry guys.

- The one stance limit - now you can open as manyu FFU you want to (besides, you don't need to open two FFU when you have the tab hability). You can open the new and the old at the same time, but you need to open the old first.

And now, the two better new stuff to me:

- New throw creator - now you don't need to make a custom anim first to make a throw. You can choose which required sprites you will use (thats is why required sprites MUST BE RIGHT) and FFU will make a new anim to you (beta):

- Live, on-the-fly palete insert/change in images! You choose a new palete, with colors in different positions and you can choose to keep the previous order (like the old FF do) or the ADAPT THE IMAGE TO THE NEW PALETE. This means that you DON'T NEED TO EXPORT, APPLY PALETE and IMPORT BACK...its on real time!

===================================================================================

So, as you can say, its a lot of progress!  I've beeing working with it and I can say: its amazing.

If you know something that would help the creators' life, drop a line  here and I will send to VT myself.

WARNING: THIS IS A PRIVATE TEST, DO NOT REQUEST FFU.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 10:44:36 PM by Excursion »

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
Re: Fighter Factory Ultimate - Official thread
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 09:01:24 PM »
Edit: Restarted the thread  :-??  I think the following is my most common smiley this weekend.  o.O#

Back on topic (again). Thanks for sharing this information O Ilu. Without Fighter Factory 99% of us wouldn't be able to create characters and the new options really seems useful!

Offline MirageAtoli

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:May 13, 2011, 03:25:23 AM
  • Oh, my Paws and Whiskers!
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 09:18:26 PM »
An option to sort triggers by data type would be handy in regards to code hinting.

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 03, 2024, 04:36:18 PM
    • Excursion's Corner
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 09:54:01 PM »
O,
   What does the underline in sprpriority or hitdef mean in the code section of FFU? Also, as this is a major tool in many people's arsenal for creating, this is an auto-sticky thread. :thumbsup:

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 20, 2024, 07:30:49 PM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 11:11:57 PM »
Some handy suggestions for this new Fighter Factory Ultimate UPDATE!! WOOT! ...... ;*))

- Make helpers and projectiles simpler to make (if possible)... I understand you have to work to get it right, but it's like.. maybe when clicking on the helper key.. you add the helper AND a new state for that helper, making it easier for some people.. oh, and putting destroyself in properly would help a lot.

- Same goes as above for projectiles... (if possible)

- Make it easier to make stages using Fighter Factory... because I still use MCM to make a stage properly, and then use Fighter Factory to edit it later... which is stupid... you should be able to make a stage properly using Fighter Factory.. but most of the time it don't work... So, including some sort of new system for stage making would be great.

- Viewing more than just the training stage when creating a character to balance alignment and such...

- Making it Windows XP & Vista compatible (even though Vista was a failure)... Also, you might want to update this in the future, because the new Windows 7 is already in the beta stages, actually...

- OOO!! Being able to use different fonts in Fighter Factory maybe.. like viewing different fonts, so that it goes with people's liking...

- Not having to update to get Palette Editor, just put it in the main copy of the program this time around...

- Hopefully this version will be able to support most used languages like English, French, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, and etc.

Just some suggestiosn to take into consideration...

(Oh, and yes they are already making a new Windows because Windows Vista was REALLY a HUGE FAILURE... look it up, if you don't believe me.)

::salute::

:)

Offline .:K.I.N.G:.

• King &
  • Global Moderator
  • Last Login:May 16, 2013, 07:18:26 PM
  • Accepting All Challenges
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 11:25:09 PM »
nice work i indeed..i'll be waiting for the new version
as for the auto clsn thing i never thought it was that accurate so i never used it when making clsns..manual is the way for me.
I'm a Dude Playing a Dude, Disguised as Another Dude

Offline Superjoker

• Infinity Sprite Artist
  • Last Login:November 11, 2019, 10:01:54 PM
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 01:36:51 AM »

nice work man, makin our game more productive n effective.

2 questions

-pals.... easier 2 make n understand, easy sprite conversion from png 2 pcx???

-how many languages will it have???

:thumbsup:

%%- %%- %%-

Offline Error Macro

• Never finishes anything
  • Last Login:May 30, 2022, 05:37:56 AM
    • :)
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2009, 02:48:49 AM »
Will the Normalize/Resample features in the snd editor be remade?  Whenever I use it, the sounds get those annoying little clicks/pops in them.

Anyway, the new stuff looks awesome!  Especially the throw creator!  I always hate coding the throws.  I like the idea of having two chars open and the ability to view transparencies.
I can't wait to try this out! :thumbsup:

Offline ChAoTiC

• Global Moderator
  • Last Login:January 19, 2022, 08:06:22 PM
    • EMPTECLIP5E
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2009, 09:59:42 AM »
I was wondering if there was a way to incorporate the docs into the stctrls and the triggers.  like if you right click on a trigger word then a popup with the explanation of what it does will come on screen.  This would help alot and save time from switching from FF to the docs.

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2009, 10:24:51 AM »
Thanx Acey, now the thread is clean.  :w00t:

An option to sort triggers by data type would be handy in regards to code hinting.

You mean like was done with SCTRLS? I had the same idea, even with the exp.txt too. Another thing is to implement the mugen docs inside itself, since some people don't read those, hehe

O,
   What does the underline in sprpriority or hitdef mean in the code section of FFU? Also, as this is a major tool in many people's arsenal for creating, this is an auto-sticky thread. :thumbsup:

Thanx Ex. The underline feature is more to mark the SCTL, since its a reserved word.

- Make helpers and projectiles simpler to make (if possible)... I understand you have to work to get it right, but it's like.. maybe when clicking on the helper key.. you add the helper AND a new state for that helper, making it easier for some people.. oh, and putting destroyself in properly would help a lot.

But aren't easy yet? FF has a option to include projectiles, helpers and other codes, its under CNS:

Some codes could be included, though.

- Make it easier to make stages using Fighter Factory... because I still use MCM to make a stage properly, and then use Fighter Factory to edit it later... which is stupid... you should be able to make a stage properly using Fighter Factory.. but most of the time it don't work... So, including some sort of new system for stage making would be great.

Don't work? Why? Here works finelly. But VT had excluded the stage support for FFU. We will have 3 tools: Fighter Factory, Stage Factory and Font Factory (the most easier tool to make fonts that I ever saw). Stage Factory in on hold for now, but you can see some features:

Some features of Stage factory:

- Real time preview of any alpha (A,A1, S, ASXXDXX)
- Layers, like on Photshop
- Text edit or Drag and Drop edit. You simply drag the image to where you want
- Animation creation and preview
- screenbound (mugen screen) preview
- Support for stage controles, like CtrlSet, PosSet, etc

- Viewing more than just the training stage when creating a character to balance alignment and such...

As I said, the bg image can be customized. That image (the training image) was altered to be a bit lighter than the mugen one, so we can see dark characters easily. I'm planning to make a more detailed image, with numbers of pixels too.

- Making it Windows XP & Vista compatible (even though Vista was a failure)... Also, you might want to update this in the future, because the new Windows 7 is already in the beta stages, actually...

FFU is beeing developed into a Vista 64bits and tested on Xp too. Yes, Windows 7 its knocking the doors really soon.

OOO!! Being able to use different fonts in Fighter Factory maybe.. like viewing different fonts, so that it goes with people's liking...

Different fonts on the menu? hum...I dunno if this could be a right thing to do. Some fonts are bigger than others and could screw the menus

- Not having to update to get Palette Editor, just put it in the main copy of the program this time around...

you mean to use the new pallete editor into the previous version? It won't be done, its a different programation language. The update would work like the previous one: you will download just what you need to update.

- Hopefully this version will be able to support most used languages like English, French, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, and etc.

Like the previous version, it will have as many language as poeple could help us translating it to.  ;*))

as for the auto clsn thing i never thought it was that accurate so i never used it when making clsns..manual is the way for me.

That was made for speed the process on some small sprite, not the WHOLE char.

-pals.... easier 2 make n understand, easy sprite conversion from png 2 pcx???

VT made a tool to convert images, look at his website.

Will the Normalize/Resample features in the snd editor be remade?  Whenever I use it, the sounds get those annoying little clicks/pops in them.

For sure. The new version works fine now (the previous version was working too, but something gone wrong on some update)
On the previous versionm while in beta stage, there was a sound editor inside FF. Dunno why this was removed.

Anyway, the new stuff looks awesome!  Especially the throw creator!  I always hate coding the throws.  I like the idea of having two chars open and the ability to view transparencies.

yeah, to make throws, on the past, was a nightmare!

I was wondering if there was a way to incorporate the docs into the stctrls and the triggers.  like if you right click on a trigger word then a popup with the explanation of what it does will come on screen.  This would help alot and save time from switching from FF to the docs.

It will be done...but I think that language could be some trouble, because originally it will handle the portuguese version of docs. To make every language docs could be a hard work...or, we could put at least the english version

Some new features that I've forgot:

- you can make the CLSN bigger or smaller with the directional buttons
- Shortcuts, like CTRL S (SAVE), CTRL O (OPEN)

Offline Random Regular

• heyyeyaaeyaaaeyaeyaa
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 09, 2018, 05:54:53 AM
  • ??!!!
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2009, 11:02:27 AM »
 :w00t:

It lives!!  >:D
I thought the project was dead, I am happy to see that you guys are still working on it  :thumbsup:

Well I have some idea, I dont know if its (was) already included, or if its necessary but maybe it can be useful:

A code storage, it sounds strange but here is the idea: just like a database of codes, add the code to the database put the name/description (notes) etc
And then save it to the database, then if you have it click on the name, and then the description will show up and the code will show up too lol
copy it or do whatever you want and you are ready...

Well you get the idea: a place to save codes

Offline Fallen_Angel

• Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:July 04, 2012, 03:11:05 PM
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2009, 11:08:52 AM »
Maybe you could add a resize image tool.......also maybe a feature, where you only select the statedef, and you can see it in action...these willhelp reducing the time, of testing.......maybe you could add a tip section, when you select one sctrl, you have suggestion, these will help new creators............an easier way to add colors to a pallete, to simplify adding fx to the pallete...........also a tool to test the stages (something like stage viewer)

sig made by shullbocka

Offline ZVitor

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 01, 2024, 07:22:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2009, 11:14:41 AM »
i dont know if is only me, but i cant create pallets using the "Gerador de Paletas"....
if this is my mistake sry and delete this post....
the new throw tool look great, we lose a lot of time, moding and testing to see if throw are fine....

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2009, 11:35:39 AM »
yeah...i believe that many ppl don't like the way Fighter Factory handles the palette creation process...any ideas on modifying it in the next release?(not the applying stuff that you have already covered with the pics)
Amazing progress,do you have an estimated % of completion by any chance?

Offline Super Flip

• asdfasdfgasdf
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:May 26, 2012, 02:04:55 PM
  • That funeral aint gonna be open-casket.
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2009, 11:55:51 AM »
Will the SND creation tool have MP3 support?

Also, This new Fighter Factory looks AWESOME. Good Luck with it!

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2009, 12:03:51 PM »
I don't want to sound rude, but I think that people doesn't know how to use all FF power correctly, let me explain why:

Well you get the idea: a place to save codes

We alread have that:

We can expand it, through.

yeah...i believe that many ppl don't like the way Fighter Factory handles the palette creation process...any ideas on modifying it in the next release?(not the applying stuff that you have already covered with the pics)
Amazing progress,do you have an estimated % of completion by any chance?
i dont know if is only me, but i cant create pallets using the "Gerador de Paletas"....
the new throw tool look great, we lose a lot of time, moding and testing to see if throw are fine....

The way that it handle is almost perfect (besides the palete generator, that seams to be crashed while the updating) Its pretty simply to make a palete from the scracth, to edit a palete colors, to make new ones.

you can select the colors that you want, a range or colors, a group of colors and transfer it to the left side, who it will be your palete. It was done folling the PALETERO steps, a tool made by DCelso what I helped too. It can even eliminate duplicate colors, so what is the hard part?

Maybe you could add a resize image tool.......

Its already avaliable, look at SFF panel, its the last green button:

I think that the english documentation should be improved, because the brazilian creators know how to handle FF better, I think because we have more tips and tutos in portuguese. There is even a video tutorial showing how to do a char with ff from the scratch

[youtube=425,350]yuZxoUL_TO8[/youtube]
[youtube=425,350]0soevp_W4hU[/youtube]

in portuguese, right from {_carnificina_} page: http://www.mugeneasy.hpg.ig.com.br/tutobasico/index.htm
More tutos here http://virtualltek.mgbr.net/inicial.php?page=tutos&lang=pt-br

also maybe a feature, where you only select the statedef, and you can see it in action

That is not possible, its a Mugen limitation

maybe you could add a tip section, when you select one sctrl, you have suggestion, these will help new creators

Sure, we will do that. You move the mouse over the underlined sctl and a pop-up shows

an easier way to add colors to a pallete, to simplify adding fx to the pallete

I'm confused...but how hard it is? Its so easey to me to do that....should I make a tutorial?

- open the image on the right side
- choose the colors that you want (or click to optmize it)
- copy they to the left side
- save.

also a tool to test the stages (something like stage viewer)

It won't be done. Like I've stated before, FFU won't handle stages or SP anymore (it detects if its a stage and wont open it) because we will have a Stage Factory (and, If I'm not wrong, a ScreenPack Factory too).

Will the SND creation tool have MP3 support?

Its a mugen limitation. You mean convert MP3 into wav on the fly, by importing a MP3 and FFU converts it to wav?

Offline Fallen_Angel

• Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:July 04, 2012, 03:11:05 PM
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2009, 12:50:58 PM »
Its already avaliable, look at SFF panel, its the last green button:

Yeah I noticed that...but it screws the images.

i didnt know that you could add more than one color at a time

Maybe you could make an easier way to add the images....something like if the name of the sprite is 2,3 ...it will add it on group 2, sprite 3

sig made by shullbocka

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2009, 12:57:07 PM »

I use it for all my palettes (besides the original one of course).  :-?? I think O Ilu was right about alot of FF needs being simply training issues.

• King &
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2009, 01:11:51 PM »
if you guys mean fixing palettes using ff by transferring every single color on it's own then then it will take time but if there is some kind of a new option that allows multiple colors switching or transferring then i'm down for that.
i mean something like transferring a whole column or row at once instead..select all, copy then paste lol

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2009, 01:21:44 PM »
if you guys mean fixing palettes using ff by transferring every single color on it's own then then it will take time but if there is some kind of a new option that allows multiple colors switching or transferring then i'm down for that.
i mean something like transferring a whole column or row at once instead..select all, copy then paste lol

In the current version of FF we all have, you can already do that. You can hold down shift to select a whole bunch or hold down ctrl and hit all the ones you want then you can use the arrow icons to move the colors from the image to the palete your making in the palette editor.

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • Last Login:May 20, 2024, 07:30:49 PM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2009, 01:32:57 PM »
Regarding previous palette editor comment I made... No, what I meant was... I was having trouble with Fighter Factory at first, because the Palette Editor was included in an update instead of the original copy... so, if the NEW Palette Editor could be included with the NEW Fighter Factory Ultimate... that would be great... (or having a pop up note saying something like (at first installment) "Hey, thanks for downloading the program. Happy creating. P.S. Don't forget to check for updates ASAP." That would be a good idea..

I see what you're saying about the fonts, and that's a good idea... just keep it Times New Roman or w/e it is... lol...

Awesome! Waiting for the release, patiently...

• King &
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2009, 01:34:24 PM »
In the current version of FF we all have, you can already do that. You can hold down shift to select a whole bunch or hold down ctrl and hit all the ones you want then you can use the arrow icons to move the colors from the image to the palete your making in the palette editor.
/:O where was i? lol thanks dude..

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 20, 2024, 12:08:46 PM
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2009, 02:58:56 PM »
Best of luck with this.  It looks like so many new options are being added.  Looks like it will have so many more options for beginners and it will make things easier overall.  I can't wait to try it out one day.  :)

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2009, 03:23:20 PM »
Yeah I noticed that...but it screws the images.

i didnt know that you could add more than one color at a time

Maybe you could make an easier way to add the images....something like if the name of the sprite is 2,3 ...it will add it on group 2, sprite 3

I got what you means now. But its IMPOSSIBLE to do. Why? Let's me explain:

Raster images (bitmap) are made by the smaller unit on a computer: pixels. Its a group of many 1 pixel blocks that contruct all the image. Right...

But when you want to rotate it, it won't do it right...because you need to make an equation off all angles to rotate it (and this isn't possible with raster images), plus, a computer works better with splits of 15º degrees..if you try to rotate something without respecting the 15º degrees rule, the computer will try to 'fix' the image...and screws it.

I've beeing working on sprite rotation for about 9 years. On old systems, we at MGBR developed a way to rotate sprites without erros. But that system works on just very old machines, with graphic cards WIHTOU anti-aliasing. Saddly, that kind of machine isn't avaliable any more.

After that, I've discovered another way to do that, but when you export it...it screws again. Gosh! Some other day, Ive tryied another way...it works, but it gives to you a double sized image...when you try to resize it....guess what? it screws again.

THEN....I have a idea on mind that should work, a painfu one, but I haven't tryied it yet. If it works, I will make a tutorial here soon.

SO,

thatn button works better wiuth 90º values. Another value will screw the images

Exactly.

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2009, 03:30:42 PM »
If someone wants to know the old modes, here they are:

Ilu method - http://forum.mgbr.net/index.php?showtopic=28383&hl=girar+sprites
The Immortal (not Immortal Syn) method http://forum.mgbr.net/index.php?showtopic=19203&hl=girar+sprites

Both in portuguese only, sorry guys

Some rotated sprites with those methods:

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal