collapse

Author Topic: How did u discover mugen?  (Read 59695 times)

Offline ace_tales

• Initiate
  • Last Login:May 20, 2010, 12:49:03 AM
    • Email
Re: How did u discover mugen?
« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2008, 06:38:55 PM »
youtube vids!!! XD  :thumbsup:

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2008, 06:42:22 PM »
i was on youtube and saw a video of ichigo vs sasuke and i was like ZOMG :o someone commented saying it was just mugen so i went on google  and downloaded it :w00t:

Offline Z

• Graphic Designer
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:January 28, 2024, 08:03:34 PM
« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2008, 02:44:17 AM »
I Discovered It On Youtube As Well.. When I Saw Guilty Gear Bars When There's Capcom Characters Fighting :)..My Brother Quickly Google  It..And Bam!.. We Have Been Playing Ever Since.. :D

Offline ExSlayer

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 31, 2009, 09:56:21 PM
  • The world needs ppl like me.
« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2008, 03:51:36 PM »
Yup, I saw it on youtube.... I was looking for SF vs MK vids so I just put ryu vs, thats when I saw a vid named evil ryu vs evil ken (the ones made by rubenkee) and I wuz tramatized in a good way! I would of got it right there if I wasn't on a public computer...that wuz back when I didn't have my good old laptop

its a inspiron 1525 with a custome design on the back 8)
-work'n on it-

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2008, 05:18:57 AM »
True Story

One night about 3 o'clock in the morning after clubbing . I was pretty bent &  accidentally wandered down this dark alley . At the end of the alley stood someone . He was tall & dark , He was wearing all black & his face was shrouded by a hood . A very ominous individual , almost seemed menacing . He called out my internet screen name " DARKTALBAIN " & spoke to me . I seemed to be frozen in my tracks like some sort of spell had been cast on me & couldn't run , so I listened to his deep , almost hypnotic voice .  He described to me in great detail about something  that existed on the internet . He said it was an engine of sorts , where all my dreams of SubZero (MK) fighting Ken (SF)  or whoever , is possible . He mentioned that characters that never existed could be made for it . That I must get involved in this because it could bring world peace & solve world hunger  . His hood started to fall & I thought I seen what appeared to be horns . I shook my head & closed my eyes to try clear my clouded/drunk vision & make sure I wasn't seeing things . When I opened my eyes he was gone that fast , as if he disappeared  into thin air or wasn't ever there at all . Because of that , I stumbled home & instantly looked up this mugen thing on the internet .

That's the last time I ever listen to dark strangers in deserted alley ways .    :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie

(click to show/hide)

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline supermystery

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:July 02, 2011, 02:22:50 PM
    • Supermystery's Site
« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2008, 05:19:51 AM »
When i downloaded the DOS mugen fan game Dragon Ball vs Street Fighter.
Check out Mugen - Lair Below

Mugen - Lair

Offline ExSlayer

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 31, 2009, 09:56:21 PM
  • The world needs ppl like me.
« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2008, 05:31:34 AM »
True Story

One night about 3 o'clock in the morning after clubbing . I was pretty bent & accidentally wandered down this dark alley . At the end of the alley stood someone . He was tall & dark , He was wearing all black & his face was shrouded by a hood . A very ominous individual , almost seemed menacing . He called out my internet screen name " DARKTALBAIN " & spoke to me . I seemed to be frozen in my tracks like some sort of spell had been cast on me & couldn't run , so I listened to his deep , almost hypnotic voice . He described to me in great detail about something  that existed on the internet . He said it was an engine of sorts , where all my dreams of SubZero (MK) fighting Ken (SF) or whoever , is possible . He mentioned that characters that never existed could be made for it . That I must get involved in this because it could bring world peace & solve world hunger  . His hood started to fall & I thought I seen what appeared to be horns . I shook my head & closed my eyes to try clear my clouded/drunk vision & make sure I wasn't seeing things . When I opened my eyes he was gone that fast , as if he disappeared  into thin air or wasn't ever there at all . Because of that , I stumbled home & instantly looked up this mugen thing on the internet .

That's the last time I ever listen to dark strangers in deserted alley ways .  :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie

(click to show/hide)

Okay, that story was cool as hell even it wan't real! very creative bravo! =D>
-work'n on it-

Offline Vault-tec Rep Høröúßøí

• Vault-tec rep and part time
  • Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:May 17, 2022, 03:49:32 AM
  • Hello, i would like to welcome you to vault IMT...
    • Hollow_boy
« Reply #82 on: November 29, 2008, 10:10:55 PM »
That I must get involved in this because it could bring world peace & solve world hunger.

solve world hunger? how the hell is mugen going to do that  ;*))
but world peace will happen when u release wolvenom  :) (or the end of the world as we know it :DxDie)

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #83 on: December 01, 2008, 02:09:26 PM »
solve world hunger? how the hell is mugen going to do that  ;*))
but world peace will happen when u release wolvenom  :) (or the end of the world as we know it :DxDie)

:o Wolvenom means the end of the world ?

I may never release him now . Back to working on Medieval Spawn  ;)

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline Ref Cortez

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:December 14, 2017, 02:06:29 PM
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: December 01, 2008, 02:36:22 PM »
i was playing marvel vs capcom in 2005 and my nephew came over and said he was making a game better then that. i called him a liar because he usually is then he went home. he came back with a dvd with mugen. all he had was kfm vegeta and ken. i didn't like it, about a week later i googled mugen and a buch of race car sites came up until... i found mugenation, then i found street mugen, and 3 years, hundreds of sites and 2,000 chars later i think mugen is the greatest thing ever made. and once i learn how to sprite and code i'ma be the next big thing in mugen, i got so many ideas and time. can any one recommend a good place to learn how to make mugen chars?
border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>

Offline capthowdy

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 26, 2009, 11:42:30 PM
  • Flawless Victory!
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: December 01, 2008, 02:44:19 PM »
First off great story DT!!!!! I was checking out youtube like everyone else i guess and stumbled into a video of{ homer vs peter } and i was in awe! and being a fan of {marvel vs capcom} i was instantly hooked and started dreaming of the possibilites!! what an awsome game engine so thanks to the creators of mugen and all the char and stage creators with out you guys the game would slowly dissapear!!!          THANK YOU :thumbsup:

Offline Shin K

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 26, 2017, 11:27:08 PM
  • "Principle Logged In The Eyes."
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: December 08, 2008, 05:19:18 PM »
Well I one day I was just doing my regular daily routine then I hear that Capcom vs SNK 2 is out. Me a SNK fan bought it (waste of 50 bucks) and played it. As I played it I realized how different the game was from King of Fighter and I cried because it did'nt remind me of KOF. :'(

"MAN!" I said slaming the controller down on the floor. BTW it was a titan ps2 controller very cheaply made go to your local gamestop and buy one there VERY crappy.
"If I was to make a Capcom SNK cross over it would not be this!" I said as peaces of the broken controller flew by my eyes.
"There must be someway I can make my own fighting game without wasting money!"
"Well now there is!" Strange Announcer voice and a man popped out fo now where with a laptop.
"Shin K DASH." The man started.
"Wait how do you know my internet name?"
"Anyway meet this all new game engine created by a dead company called elecbyte called...." trumpet plays
"MUGEN created by those who wants to make there own fighting game but cant afford it!" The man yeeped handing me his laptop. "Try it for yourself!"
FALSE

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TRUE
Okay I was bored and saw DT story so I decided to BS to. I was with my friend and we were talkin about how bad butt dragonball z was and he showed me Evil Ryu & Evil Ken vs Broli and that video kicked butt so I decided to get it for myself and play it......  #:-S

Offline Vault-tec Rep Høröúßøí

• Vault-tec rep and part time
  • Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:May 17, 2022, 03:49:32 AM
  • Hello, i would like to welcome you to vault IMT...
    • Hollow_boy
« Reply #87 on: December 08, 2008, 05:24:09 PM »

I may never release him now . Back to working on Medieval Spawn&nbsp; ;)

what have I done? :'(

Offline Shin K

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 26, 2017, 11:27:08 PM
  • "Principle Logged In The Eyes."
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: December 08, 2008, 05:30:18 PM »

I may never release him now . Back to working on Medieval Spawn&nbsp; ;)

I'm exited about Wolvenom cant wait for his release.

Offline Hizzpanic87

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 09, 2010, 09:15:16 PM
« Reply #89 on: December 31, 2008, 06:32:37 PM »
I discovered mugen through you tube :thumbsup:, I was looking for details on the upcoming street fighter release for the 360 ps3 and I believe the wii. Now I am grateful for finding this site and very happy i found out about mugen and im looking forward to contributing new chars in the near future. :)

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 27, 2012, 12:49:15 AM
  • Some mothaf***as always Tryna iceskate uphill
    • Email
« Reply #90 on: December 31, 2008, 06:46:59 PM »
this epic butt vid

(click to show/hide)

Offline The <<Fsjal>> Conscript Who Came Back Alive

• Initiate
  • Last Login:May 09, 2012, 05:42:22 PM
  • $5000, as I return from an Allied Base ALIVE!
« Reply #91 on: January 02, 2009, 04:17:38 PM »
The JudgeSpear2.
Really, JS got me here. It sucks that he retired.
Conscript excited to fight!
Yeah, I am $5000 because I destroyed a Prism Tank... WITH ONLY AN AK-47!
Well, I've gotten fat cuz of my success, but the new Health Care Plan Obama has planned out doesn't care! Dang FOX news and Glenn Beck. It's the current health care that hates my gut.

Offline HyperGogeta

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 30, 2011, 08:10:17 AM
  • I can has text ;3
« Reply #92 on: February 26, 2009, 08:35:39 PM »

Yes, by this video. I saw it and said to myself...What the f**K?
I had no idea.

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 19, 2016, 06:01:36 PM
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: February 27, 2009, 06:55:40 PM »
went outside looked under a rock...there it was :D

SIG BY AKEME & ROSALINA BY LG

Offline El Chupacabras

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 11, 2010, 04:34:36 PM
« Reply #94 on: March 04, 2009, 05:50:27 PM »
Just like the majority of the people here... through Youtube.

Offline ANGELM

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 03, 2018, 05:02:16 AM
  • The One and Only........
    • The new home of MKR
« Reply #95 on: March 04, 2009, 05:58:57 PM »
A friend told me about mugen. I have been playing and making characters for a year now. November 14 was when i started.

Offline kratos

• The Legendary Ghost of Sparta!
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:August 14, 2013, 08:17:33 PM
  • In the end, there will be only chaos!
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: March 14, 2009, 11:59:43 PM »
It was back in 2003 before all the youtubers. I was searching google for "make your own fighting game", because, well, that's what I wanted to do. Saw 2d fighter maker, didn't like it, saw Game maker, ehhh, kept searching. I came upon a site with a screenshot of I believe terry bogard fighting the hulk (this was a long time ago, so the memory is vague).

I was in awe and had to find out more. I learned that I needed to download something call mugen. So I found the main site, back then elecbyte was still around ( yea I miss 'em..), and I downloaded it. (This was also before winmugen, so it was dos based. And that means A LOT of the characters you see today, were nonexistent back then.) It came with the one character that everyone knows, kung fu man. I thought, well this is cool but there can't only be one character in this. How do I get that teryy bogard and hulk that I saw? So i read the mugen docs and readme's, and learned that you have to make the characters. Back then, it all looked like a foreign language and I thought, hah..hah...MAKE the characters, you got to be kidding right?

So I thought, some people must have made characters for mugen. So I began searching and came across sites like streetmugen, mugenation, mugenBR, ZGTeam, and Kissdbz.

I began downloading and putting characters in my roster. I thought I had discovered every fighting game fan's dream. But when I realized I could actually change the boring default screenpack too, it was too much lol.

So yea, there you have it. I find it very surprising that 6 years later I'm still in this. It must be the communities, cause there are some very cool people who do mugen, and even those who don't. And 6 years later, I'm making my own chars, stages, etc. Back in 2003 I wouldn't even dream of it. :-??

Offline Dzayan, The Warrior

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 07, 2014, 10:24:47 PM
  • I write stories.
    • My Warehouse
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: April 10, 2009, 01:00:38 PM »
It Was
JUDGESPEAR
One does not have to create to critique.

Offline CarnageBrunner

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 01, 2018, 09:32:08 AM
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: April 10, 2009, 01:18:43 PM »
youtube for me, I saw a vid of a BLACK (yes finally not sky blue) Venom fighting Carnage...my jaw almost dropped so I had to look into it and boom, MUGEN IS THE MOST AMAZING THING EVER lol just about

Offline triplec716

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 20, 2014, 10:41:49 PM
« Reply #99 on: April 10, 2009, 01:29:57 PM »
I went to my friends house and he was like hey play this. so i did and it was fun but didnt think anything of it, then i saw a juggernaut bee-otch version of juggy and i was sold. and we almost beat psycho shredder with him and i think dragon claw.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 [29] 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal