collapse

Author Topic: Getting Xmugen running on the Xbox Q&A  (Read 3094 times)

Offline ANGELM

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 03, 2018, 05:02:16 AM
  • The One and Only........
    • The new home of MKR
Getting Xmugen running on the Xbox Q&A
« on: May 26, 2009, 08:16:11 PM »
And this whole time I thought you had to do all this crazy stuff to put Mugen on your XBOX. Cool man. I don't see why people would cuss you through pms. I actually find this quite useful. Even though I'm having problems with inserting characters, I'm am still able to play it.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 02:29:15 AM by Acey »

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
Re: Getting Xmugen running on the Xbox
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 11:24:12 AM »
Believe me , it was a more work than you think . I literally beat this thing to death for a couple of months every evening .

I made it easy for you , just download my pack & install . It will work fine
Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline InsanEvil

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 11, 2015, 06:50:44 PM
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 11:33:08 AM »
Thanks DARKTALBAIN I'll give a try later in my xbox  :thumbsup:

Offline moonmaster1

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:November 06, 2014, 10:42:08 PM
  • Amateur Movie Maker
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 10:43:30 PM »
works like a charm DT, thanx again!
We don’t need a toilet. The pile of clothes in the hallway has worked fine for us for years, and it will continue to work. — Master Shake

Offline jak33

• Last Login:July 28, 2009, 12:00:28 AM
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 05:47:59 PM »
i got it up and running fine, i have the renamer but still some of my characters wont work, am i doing something wrong or just some characters not work

Offline xPreatorianx

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 08, 2023, 09:35:27 PM
  • I'm done you know where to find me. Click my sig.
    • Deviant-Generation
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 06:00:14 PM »
i got it up and running fine, i have the renamer but still some of my characters wont work, am i doing something wrong or just some characters not work

>:-(-| Welcome to the forum

On-Topic just so it narrows down the char list by millions for the sake of DT please provide all character names and the author(if possible) that way its 100X easier to diagnose the problem.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 02:54:59 PM »

Yes , Welcome to the forum .

I've only come across a few characters that I could never get running . Mostly because it wasn't that good & I just gave up after messing with them for a few hours .

A common problem is ....

As I stated above some characters have the word reverse in there files some where . Linux on xbox does not understand the reverse command . You have to open up the cns files in word pads & look for all instances of the word reversed  . The common command is " movereversed " if you change them all to " movehit " the character should run . If that's the problem , which it usually is. There are other instances of characters not running , but each one is a different " fix "   Ghost Rider by Wucash drove me crazy . I can't even remember what ot was I did to fix him . But I am sure it was something totally out of the ordinary &I didn't have to do it before on any character .

On-Topic just so it narrows down the char list by millions for the sake of DT please provide all character names and the author(if possible) that way its 100X easier to diagnose the problem.

^^(PM)^

I usually remember some of the more tedious characters that needed to be fixed& what I did to fix them .

(click to show/hide)

Offline theeman2g

• Last Login:July 23, 2009, 04:29:26 PM
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 10:42:33 PM »
thanks alot for this i'm going to give it a shot tonight

Offline Spacetravel211

• Last Login:March 09, 2010, 02:20:02 PM
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2009, 12:31:30 AM »
Is it possible to see your whole roster slowly? Is it possible to maybe trade characters? Any news on when certain characters will be released?

Offline theeman2g

• Last Login:July 23, 2009, 04:29:26 PM
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2009, 09:15:44 PM »
after quite a bit of trial and error I got it to work on a Softmodded Xbox.  Its a bit different than your tutorial but I got it to work now.  Thanks again!!!

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2009, 11:46:15 AM »
after quite a bit of trial and error I got it to work on a Softmodded Xbox.  Its a bit different than your tutorial but I got it to work now.  Thanks again!!!

Yeah , all bets are off when it comes to a soft modded Xbox & my tutorial . The drive partitions , I think are even different . But the point is , that what I have uploaded isa tested working version that holds like 1000 characters . So it will run on the Xbox . Just one with the soft mod has to be done a different way .

Is it possible to see your whole roster slowly? Is it possible to maybe trade characters? Any news on when certain characters will be released?

For one thing , my roster in the vid is way outdated . I just actually redid my roster last week .

Second , look at our motto . " We create , we share , we are Infinity "  We/I do not really do the " trade " thing .

If you are looking for a certain character , just go request it in the proper section

http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/Forum_345/index.php?board=9.0

Someone will usually help you out unless it's really hard to come by .

If you just get into the " thrill " of trading for characters . Checkout youtube , that's where more of the mugen traders hang out .

In my opinion , trading is just frustrating & I haven't done that in a long time .

(click to show/hide)

Offline Blackstar

• Last Login:August 12, 2009, 10:55:19 PM
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2009, 07:03:03 AM »

I've got a soft modded xbox as well, and I've had quite a bit of trouble trying to get xmugen to work on it.  I've tried several different Xmugens and this one is the closest I've gotten to actually having it work.  I've gotten as far as the black screen with the picture of the guy that created it, and it doesn't do anything from their.  Its not frozen but it doesn't seem to want to go on from their, my xbox light just blinks.  If you can give me some help I would really apperciate it.  If I have to start from scratch just to get this thing to work, thats fine.  I just want this thing to work right. 

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2009, 12:48:54 PM »
I've got a soft modded xbox as well, and I've had quite a bit of trouble trying to get xmugen to work on it.  I've tried several different Xmugens and this one is the closest I've gotten to actually having it work.  I've gotten as far as the black screen with the picture of the guy that created it, and it doesn't do anything from their.  Its not frozen but it doesn't seem to want to go on from their, my xbox light just blinks.  If you can give me some help I would really apperciate it.  If I have to start from scratch just to get this thing to work, thats fine.  I just want this thing to work right.  

Maybe it is working .  My xmugen literally takes about 8 minutes to load since I have so many characters & stages on it . Even one with no characters takes awhile . So maybe just give it some time . If not I really have no idea about the soft mod & how to make it work  . Maybe theeman2g can post here how he did it & help us out .  

(click to show/hide)

Offline moonmaster1

• Forum Member
  • Amateur Movie Maker
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2009, 04:41:48 PM »
okay blackstar, this is my working config. It uses the E drive setup.

I'm not sure about how the F drive is set up (funny because most of my HD partition is the F drive) But i can look into that too if you so desire it.

E:\ (has the following files)
Mugen <main folder
bzimage
irdloop.grz
launch
linuxboot.cfg

now, I'm aware that probably some of these do not need to be under the root of the E drive, but some of the files do, so nothing bad will happen for having extra duplicate files in your mugen folder.

Also be sure to remove all of the existing characters and stages (sorry DT, they never seemed to work with me.  :-??) then download some characters from here or scruffydragon as they have the best track record of working (and deadpool too. :D).

Hope this long and drawn out semi-tutorial helps!  ::salute::

P.s. (make sure you have a madcatz or microsoft controller, mugen hates most 3rd party stuff) 
We don’t need a toilet. The pile of clothes in the hallway has worked fine for us for years, and it will continue to work. — Master Shake

Offline dampir

• Last Login:April 29, 2017, 12:12:14 PM
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2009, 05:02:39 PM »
nice to have mugen working on xbox but sendspace won´t let me download the file....how about a mirror...please

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2009, 12:28:41 PM »
nice to have mugen working on xbox but sendspace won´t let me download the file....how about a mirror...please

So you need Mediafire or something ?

(click to show/hide)

Offline dampir

• Last Login:April 29, 2017, 12:12:14 PM
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2009, 04:10:12 PM »
by the time a i am posting here i have already download it i am in a diferent machine so i have it now ....i will test it later at night if i have some probs i will ask around...many thanks

Offline nugslyzissou

• Last Login:February 13, 2010, 10:31:24 AM
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2010, 07:56:12 PM »
hey DT.  first off, thank you for this.

second, after I load the default.xbe and gentoox loads, I get the CD/DVD, Netboot, and Advanced incons, but not the FatX icon. 

Any idea whats wrong?

Offline Marctx

• Last Login:February 06, 2010, 11:15:28 PM
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2010, 01:13:52 AM »
Hello eveyone

First, I have a soft-modded xbox with a customized 160 GB Hard Drive,
After quickly downloading DARKTALBAIN's xmugen and ftp the files to the xbmc
I did the E and F partitions copying the one file DARKTALBAIN said to

I then noticed my wireless controller that is logitech didnt work at all to load it,
so I used a Microsoft instead and then took about a minute to figure out i needed to click left joystick when at the press F1 to continue screen.

The characters work and now want to figure out putting DBZ characters and rival school characters on my roster, any tips or a point in right direction cause I think the characters need to be certain type for the xbox and lower cased install is needed.

Thanks

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2010, 08:19:59 PM »
Oops kind of neglected this thread due to everyone having it working.

hey DT.  first off, thank you for this.

second, after I load the default.xbe and gentoox loads, I get the CD/DVD, Netboot, and Advanced incons, but not the FatX icon. 

Any idea whats wrong?

You have one of the files in the wrong partition.

Hello eveyone

First, I have a soft-modded xbox with a customized 160 GB Hard Drive,
After quickly downloading DARKTALBAIN's xmugen and ftp the files to the xbmc
I did the E and F partitions copying the one file DARKTALBAIN said to

I then noticed my wireless controller that is logitech didnt work at all to load it,
so I used a Microsoft instead and then took about a minute to figure out i needed to click left joystick when at the press F1 to continue screen.

The characters work and now want to figure out putting DBZ characters and rival school characters on my roster, any tips or a point in right direction cause I think the characters need to be certain type for the xbox and lower cased install is needed.

Thanks

Your welcome & it is all the the tutorial post about renaming the characters. If you need to know about editing the select def file, it is the same as you would do for the windows version of mugen

(click to show/hide)

Offline Worksa8

• Rocket Punch!
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:June 13, 2021, 01:19:25 PM
  • Rocket Punch!
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2010, 08:47:31 PM »
I want to buy and mod an Xbox JUST so I can play mugen on my TV xD

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2010, 12:06:42 AM »
I want to buy and mod an Xbox JUST so I can play mugen on my TV xD

Yes it's awesome!!!  :w00t: Believe it or not the reason I got into mugen was because it was on my buddies Xbox. I didn't realize it was on the computer until afterwards. I only use winmugen for testing purposes. If I am going to play mugen, it's with the Xbox

(click to show/hide)

Offline oppaiboy

• Last Login:February 08, 2011, 07:45:52 PM
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2010, 06:33:07 AM »
So far I got all the files on the Xbox HD. I even got to the blue Gentoox screen but after that mugen wouldn't boot.Oh by the I have a soft modded xbox. I didn't even get to the black screen with the pic of the guy. Instead I'm stuck on the blue gentoox screen and the light on my xbox   blinks red. I think that my Xbox just lacks the right amount of RAM to boot the mugen I put in too much time trying to get mugen to work on my xbox. Any help would be appreciated

Offline moonmaster1

• Forum Member
  • Amateur Movie Maker
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2010, 09:45:43 AM »
You didn't find a specific file which probably has to be the linuxconfig file or the idgzloop, both of which should be in the root of the E drive.

Everything else should be in the mugen folder in the root of the E drive.

Thats it! Easiest way to put it. if you have any problems now you may have melted your motherboard and may not be able to run other apps as well. April fools  :D

EDIT:Forgot to specify who I was talking to. lol. The method stated above is for the E drive partition.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 08:48:56 AM by moonmaster1 »

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2010, 01:01:00 PM »
Sometimes those soft modded boxes have different partitions also. Do you have E & F ?

(click to show/hide)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal