collapse

Author Topic: in the 6th day I released ...  (Read 2989 times)

Offline god_king

• Contributor
  • Last Login:July 26, 2010, 04:23:46 PM
    • Dave Littler's New Deal
Re: in the 6th day I released ...
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2007, 08:04:14 AM »
me too LOL i enloyed playing with him

one question i am going to hell if i defeat him #:-S?? ???

If you defeat him, he is plainly powerless over you, and you have nothing to fear in his judgement. Rock on, brother. Rock on.

Offline Jessica Smoke

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:September 24, 2017, 11:27:06 PM
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2007, 08:24:41 PM »
well..first thanks to everyone...

about do the B.fight "Satan" ..I don't have any plan to work on that Devil incarnation for mugen...
anyway..maybe I will work on the other B.fight charas like Jesus...maybe...

anyway...(x2) thanks.. :O*D
"

Offline StarXS

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 07, 2008, 09:43:28 PM
  • Legionnaire
    • Mugen Battle Network Blog
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2007, 08:36:54 PM »
nice release! I'd kinda feel guilty losing to him lol

Offline desgrav

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 12, 2014, 12:38:04 AM
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2007, 10:59:08 PM »
I hope you do Noah next because he is own with his walking stick. Oh and I don't think he reminds me of God he's more like Zeus.
Need help with Chankast?
Come here: Login

Do you own a Dreamcast?
Come here: Login

Offline Lightblackheart

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 03, 2014, 10:33:27 PM
  • infinity's personal Dimentional Jester
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2007, 11:05:52 PM »
I hope you do Noah next because he is own with his walking stick. Oh and I don't think he reminds me of God he's more like Zeus.

you are right

Offline god_king

• Contributor
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2007, 12:19:53 AM »

Well, the western tradition of depicting the christian god is obviously fairly heavily influenced by classical depictions of Zeus, so it's hardly surprising.

In the bible, the only time the christian god is ever physically described is early in Revelation (and I cut and paste from my own website here : http://www.bjorn-comic.com/study/study6.htm )

Revelation 4:2-4

At once I was in the Spirit, and there before me was a throne in heaven with someone sitting on it. 3And the one who sat there had the appearance of jasper and carnelian. A rainbow, resembling an emerald, encircled the throne.

It would seem that some time between Genesis and Revelation, he’s had a bit of a makeover. No longer looking like some guy (perhaps he was embarrassed at the fact that it took him all night to get the better of Jacob all those thousands of years ago), God now looks like he’s made out of “jasper and carnelian” (or, if you go by certain other translations, “jasper and sardius”; it makes little difference, as carnelian and sardius look pretty similar)

According to dictionary.com, these substances are described thus:

Jasper: An opaque cryptocrystalline variety of quartz that may be red, yellow, or brown.
Carnelian: A pale to deep red or reddish-brown variety of clear chalcedony, used in jewelry.
Sardius: a deep orange-red variety of chalcedony

Right. So, God looks like he’s made of some shiny crystal which ranges from yellow to red and which is opaque in places, and clear in others. Also, he has a green halo.

While that would be a kick-butt looking Mugen character, most people would have difficulty immediately identifying that with the christian god, since the classical depiction bears so little resemblance to what's described in the source material.

Offline silversurfr33

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 07, 2008, 02:19:03 PM
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2007, 09:50:54 AM »
Wow... :o that's pretty pitiful that you have to create religious Mugen characters not to mention using them. [-X This is worse then making and using the stupid naked ones.    \-/o How easily amused!!! Pretty Pathetic! L-)

"O Quam Tristis"
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 11:28:52 AM by silversurfr33 »

Offline silversurfr33

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 07, 2008, 02:19:03 PM
« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2007, 11:27:13 AM »
...It would seem that some time between Genesis and Revelation, he’s had a bit of a makeover. No longer looking like some guy (perhaps he was embarrassed at the fact that it took him all night to get the better of Jacob all those thousands of years ago), God now looks like he’s made out of “jasper and carnelian” (or, if you go by certain other translations, “jasper and sardius”; it makes little difference, as carnelian and sardius look pretty similar)
...Right. So, God looks like he’s made of some shiny crystal which ranges from yellow to red and which is opaque in places, and clear in others. Also, he has a green halo.

>:-(-| god-king... u don't know what the hell you are talking about, do u?   :-@

Offline I_Burner

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:January 29, 2012, 05:08:52 AM
  • Avy by Hollow Boy aka C.D.
    • Burnt M.U.G.E.N.
« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2007, 07:06:51 PM »

>:-(-| god-king... u don't know what the hell you are talking about, do u?   :-@

>:-(-|
Um, actually he does. Unlike most people, he has actually READ the bible (and I'm willing to bet a number of other religious texts as well). If you want to dispute what he says, you're going to need to bring more to the table than just an attitude. Otherwise, if you don't like what he's got to say you can always  %-(.

Offline Sync The Tempest

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:November 23, 2008, 01:26:00 PM
  • Got Snow?
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2007, 08:03:38 PM »
Wow... :o that's pretty pitiful that you have to create religious Mugen characters not to mention using them. [-X This is worse then making and using the stupid naked ones.    \-/o How easily amused!!! Pretty Pathetic! L-)

"O Quam Tristis"
chill out its just a joke.....

Offline god_king

• Contributor
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2007, 10:21:48 PM »
...It would seem that some time between Genesis and Revelation, he’s had a bit of a makeover. No longer looking like some guy (perhaps he was embarrassed at the fact that it took him all night to get the better of Jacob all those thousands of years ago), God now looks like he’s made out of “jasper and carnelian” (or, if you go by certain other translations, “jasper and sardius”; it makes little difference, as carnelian and sardius look pretty similar)
...Right. So, God looks like he’s made of some shiny crystal which ranges from yellow to red and which is opaque in places, and clear in others. Also, he has a green halo.

I'm talking about the actual text of the christian bible, taken from the King James Version and New International Version. If you'd like to refute what I'm talking about, I suggest you go and read the relevant passages and then come back to me and we can have that talk.

Yes, I do know what the hell I'm talking about. Do you?

Offline UltraRoboninja

• Contributor
  • Last Login:July 28, 2017, 05:55:15 PM
« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2007, 11:47:54 PM »
lol, pwnd!!!

Back on topic though, great character! I made him my new last boss and gave him this song for his stage: http://sweetraptorjesus2.ytmnd.com/

"A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something."
-Plato

Offline god_king

• Contributor
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2007, 12:18:38 AM »
lol, pwnd!!!

Back on topic though, great character! I made him my new last boss and gave him this song for his stage: http://sweetraptorjesus2.ytmnd.com/

Decent! I was thinking of doing something similar, using that heavenly throne room stage from one of the Guilty Gear games. I'd have to rummage around a bit to find it again, but that song isn't a bad choice for killing the christian god at all.

Offline Saber Alter

• Best Saber
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:April 07, 2024, 12:00:35 PM
  • Best Girl
    • LordKurow
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2007, 12:58:05 AM »
lol, pwnd!!!

Decent! I was thinking of doing something similar, using that heavenly throne room stage from one of the Guilty Gear games. I'd have to rummage around a bit to find it again, but that song isn't a bad choice for killing the christian god at all.

Justice's stage?.......I'm using the SVC heaven stage....

oh this topic was BEGGING for religious debate.....
<_<
>_>

BIBLEMAN!!!!

[youtube=425,350]zXsHPLl-zFY[/youtube]

Offline god_king

• Contributor
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2007, 09:22:32 AM »

Justice's stage?.......I'm using the SVC heaven stage....

oh this topic was BEGGING for religious debate.....
<_<
>_>

BIBLEMAN!!!!

[youtube=425,350]zXsHPLl-zFY[/youtube]

Yikes. Oh, yikes.

I feel like the polite thing to do is to thank you for making the effort, but at the same time, I... I... I just don't know if my life is better or worse for having seen this.

Offline Russian Gestapo

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 22, 2018, 09:17:16 AM
  • I am teh Eggman.
« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2007, 09:23:10 AM »
Please tell me that video game doesn't exist...

Can someone make a move where I can sue God when playing against him in MUGEN? I want the full faith exploitation experience. ;*))

Offline Saber Alter

• Best Saber
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:April 07, 2024, 12:00:35 PM
  • Best Girl
    • LordKurow
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2007, 10:17:52 AM »

Can someone make a move where I can sue God when playing against him in MUGEN? I want the full faith exploitation experience. ;*))
When someone makes Senator from Eternal Champions

Offline Russian Gestapo

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 22, 2018, 09:17:16 AM
  • I am teh Eggman.
« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2007, 10:48:04 AM »

When someone makes Senator from Eternal Champions

I hear that. That's the one Eternal Champions character I've always wanted in MUGEN. Or maybe a less broken Larcen.

Anyway, God's been added to my sizeable Boss character roster.  :)

Offline captainspanky

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 08, 2009, 10:38:23 PM
« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2007, 01:32:31 PM »
Well actually, as far as the description of God in Revelations goes.  Alot of that is just symbolic. The use of precious stones to describe God and heaven are more or less used to convey the magnificence of his glory.  The Bible says that "God is a Spirit and they that worship him must worship him in Spirit and Truth." God is a spiritually entity and doesn't appear as people visualize him in their minds eye because we cannot fully fathom what God might be like if we were to physically stand before him.  When he says let us make man in our own image, in the 26th verse of the 1st chapter of Genesis, he is not talking about physically but making man a spiritual being.

That's a little  >:-(-| I guess, but I wanted to make that quick point.

I don't think I'll be downloading the character, no offense to the creator, I don't have anything against them, I just think it is kind of demeaning.  I love my God and take being a Christian seriously. 

I'm not harping on anyone who isn't one or has different religious views, or whaterver just saying. . .

Offline god_king

• Contributor
« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2007, 02:34:25 PM »
Well actually, as far as the description of God in Revelations goes.  Alot of that is just symbolic. The use of precious stones to describe God and heaven are more or less used to convey the magnificence of his glory.  The Bible says that "God is a Spirit and they that worship him must worship him in Spirit and Truth." God is a spiritually entity and doesn't appear as people visualize him in their minds eye because we cannot fully fathom what God might be like if we were to physically stand before him.  When he says let us make man in our own image, in the 26th verse of the 1st chapter of Genesis, he is not talking about physically but making man a spiritual being.

That's a little  >:-(-| I guess, but I wanted to make that quick point.

I don't think I'll be downloading the character, no offense to the creator, I don't have anything against them, I just think it is kind of demeaning.  I love my God and take being a Christian seriously. 

I'm not harping on anyone who isn't one or has different religious views, or whaterver just saying. . .

Bah.

I already had this conversation just yesterday, so rather than repeating it here now, I'm just going to be lazy and link to myself:

http://community.livejournal.com/atheism/1457779.html?thread=32120435#t32120435

(I'm "Dave_Littler" by the way; my real name)

I amplify my point there only by saying that it gets tiring keeping track of which bits of the bible which bits of christians hold to be symbolic, and which groups hold those exact same bits to be literal. If only the bible weren't such a trainwreck of a piece of literature, there could probably be some consensus.

Alas.

Offline captainspanky

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 08, 2009, 10:38:23 PM
« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2007, 04:59:41 PM »
I wouldn't say its a trainwreck. It all harmonizes very well when studied properly. Lottsa people make a trainwreck out of it though when they misinterpret things. But again >:-(-| so I'm done, just thought I could help.

Offline OrwellianDawn

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:December 25, 2009, 01:04:23 AM
« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2007, 06:15:14 PM »
I believe in a supreme intelligence. I do not belittle those who do not (or, literally, choose not to).

Good day.

Offline malisiousjoe

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:November 27, 2011, 10:33:23 PM
  • Stop your crying!!!
« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2007, 08:20:26 PM »
I knew this was going to happen this is a topic for Jessica Smoke's Dios char. Can we all just get back to that! If you want to talk about faith, the bible, or anything like that please do so in the general discussion section. Many are  >:-(-| >:-(-| >:-(-| <_<|...|.

Thanks DG!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar