collapse

Author Topic: Sleep Paralysis.  (Read 1627 times)

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
Sleep Paralysis.
« on: March 24, 2009, 05:47:13 AM »
This is the third time i had one.

while researching i found out that this happens when the brain is stopping your muscles , so you won't be able to do any actions while sleeping.

On my first experience i remember waking up , and i tried to sit up but i couldn't i tried moving my arms and leg's with no avail i began screaming for my mother and father but it only came out as whispers.
Then i remember an old woman sitting on my chest and choking me.

The second time i was sleeping in my new room , The attic...
I remember looking at my open door and hearing footsteps leading up the stairs to my room , I don't know what was coming up the steps but i knew it was something evil.

I think Sp causes people to hallucinate there have been other people that have suffered from this but i find it strange how they have hallucinated the same thing.

On my Third experience i was sleeping on my back and i heard barking noises when i opened my eyes i saw three tall men with Dog faces barking at me , i could only move my eyes.

I tried calling out for Jesus which came out as whispers and as quick as it began i finally woke up.

Any one else had sleep paralysis?

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline ace_tales

• Initiate
  • Last Login:May 20, 2010, 12:49:03 AM
    • Email
Re: Sleep Paralysis.
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 07:05:38 AM »
i remember that happening to me too when i was 5 or 6 it was so scary it was just like what you said i woke up (i think because i opened my eyes but everything was black) and tried to get up and i couldn't then my neck went into extreme burning pain, i started screaming but nothing came out then i screamed as loud as i could but there was only a faint whisper, i finally fell back to sleep  but felt somthing was there so i opened my eyes (yes while i was asleep,i can somtimes control my dreams) felt this thing that was unseeable trying to choke me and i started  fighting it trying to keep its "hands" away from my throat and started trying  to move my body to get away then finally i made a sudden jerk,broke free,fell of the bed and woke up. immediately after i could see and move freely and the burning in my neck dissapeared. its as if it never happened but i know it did and i was the  scariest thing i have ever experienced.

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 07:16:58 AM »
Thank you for sharing that.
It's crazy to hear how similar our experiences were.

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 09:52:53 AM »
The only thing that happens to me is sometimes i wake up and cant use one or both of my arms.

Offline shitakimushrooms1990

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:August 17, 2021, 09:18:55 PM
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 10:06:45 AM »
@ BN and Ace_Tales: Those sound a bit extreme so I'd get things checked out to make sure you don't actually got anything evil in your house. (Especially BN's 3rd moment of SP.   :-SS)

Back on topic, only thing I've had was just like, 1 arm that couldn't move but I never really get scared. Mostly I just kinda pull a Kung Pow moment and throw my arm out of the way so I can get comfy. XD

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 10:56:25 AM »
The only thing that happens to me is sometimes i wake up and cant use one or both of my arms.

Bro , you just slept the wrong way & your arm fell asleep . That's nothing to worry about .

@ Blood Ninja

Bro , you sure this is sleep apnea ( don't know how to spell it ) & your house is not haunted ?

Footsteps up your stairs & Demons appearing in front of you . That's a haunting .

If you really want me to get into a story about the same thing I can . I own a house that is bought & paid for that I haven't been to in for almost 2 years . I lived there for years & then things started happening . One night things got so bad , I left & never went back . I got a new house & nothing has happened since . I guarantee I spend a few nights in my old house & things will go on . So I just leave it vacant .

If you want me to tell the story , I will . It's very similar to somethings in yours .

(click to show/hide)
Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline kratos

• The Legendary Ghost of Sparta!
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:August 14, 2013, 08:17:33 PM
  • In the end, there will be only chaos!
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 11:44:35 AM »

That happens to me every once in a while. It's kind of annoying lol, you can't use your arms to sit up, so you just feel like all you have is a torso and legs. :P But like DARKTALBAIN said, it's just cause u slept wrong.

Bloodninja, that's some freaky sh*t bro. I used to live in this house out in the country, it was HUGE, like 3 stories. Anyway, I used to dream of this green little demon like thing, with a shrunken head, lol I know it sounds funny, but when you're a youngster, it's not. I would always see it looking at me, and when I would run it would chase me and scream. Anyway, when I moved out of that house, I stopped having those dreams. :-??

But maybe 2-3 years since I moved from that house, I would see the house appear in my dreams, as if it was calling to me, but no demon.

As far as sleep paralysis goes, I hate it. It does happen to me very rarely, but it does happen. One time I managed to open my eyes just a little, I had to try so hard, and when I did, everything was blurred and I heard whispers. I tried to move any part of my body but to no avail. It's scary sh*t. It's like you know you're awake, but you can't move and can't open your eyes.

Another time I had sleep paralysis, it felt like the side of my face smacked concrete. There was an immense amount of pressure. But this time, I kind of knew it was sleep paralysis in my mind, so I just tried to calm myself down. Eventually I was able to open my eyes and move. And my face felt fine as soon as I woke up.

A third time I had sleep paralysis, I was awake, but it was like I was dreaming at the same time. I have never experienced anything that bizarre in my life. I woke up but couldn't move, then all the sudden I switched to dreaming (not knowing I was dreaming), and in my dream I woke up out of my sleep paralysis and got out of bed. Then I stopped dreaming and was back in my sleep paralysis. It's like I was being teased. I did call out to Jesus and like you, only whispers came out. Eventually I was able to shake myself out of it.

One time my GF and I were sleeping, and she woke me up and she was all freaked out. I was like, what's the matter? She said, didn't you hear me? I was like, no. She said I was calling out to you, I couldn't move. She said she was dreaming, and in her dream she saw me on a river, sitting in a small boat and some old woman was taking me away. And in her dream she couldn't speak, but the old woman looked right at her.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 11:50:39 AM by kratos »

Offline eg6gsr

• Contributor
  • Last Login:February 26, 2024, 03:24:12 AM
  • my first love
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 12:47:56 PM »
dont worry you are not alone. Everyone at some point in their life will have this happen to them, its happend to me before.

The paralysis happens during rem sleep to keep you from moving and hurting yourself so whats happening is your brain is waking up from rem sleep/state and your body does not and still being not fully awake you being to think something is wrong and sometime you have hallucinations or have panic disorder becuase your tyring to reestablish operation of the body.

I have never seen anything but I have had the panic disorder in which I feel I can not breathe and my throat is closing up and when I fully wake up everything is fine but its still very scary when it happens.

my new one

Offline kratos

• Email
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 01:16:17 PM »
yeah, the not breathing part sux.

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 01:32:06 PM »
wow..this is really scary  :-SS
Thankfully,i don't remember suffering something like that...

Offline .:K.I.N.G:.

• King &
  • Global Moderator
  • Last Login:May 16, 2013, 07:18:26 PM
  • Accepting All Challenges
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2009, 01:41:13 PM »
well they say sleep is a short death of some sort.
I'm a Dude Playing a Dude, Disguised as Another Dude

Offline ExShadow

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 03, 2023, 07:30:21 PM
  • Get serious.
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2009, 01:44:58 PM »
u may have cut off some circulation o.O i know sometimes when your sleeping yew can turn on your arms and they will be unusable until u get off of them again for a few minutes but i have had this happen to me but i was awak at like 3 and then i someone passed out when u woke up everything was black and white with white outlineing everything weird it is...
»ĐΣΛTĦŞTØRM«

Offline Fallen_Angel

• Last Login:July 04, 2012, 03:11:05 PM
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2009, 02:38:26 PM »
It has happened to me.....you wake up anf your brain hasnt fully awaken...that makes the ilussions........In the medieval era they used to thought  that a black cat sat on your chest causing that you couldnt breath

In spanish the sleep paralysis is commonly known as "se te subio el muerto", a dead person its over you

sig made by shullbocka

Offline That Mugen Guy

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:March 27, 2012, 11:40:02 PM
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2009, 02:58:43 PM »
Wow this has also happened to me just last year. I was laying on my back trying to fall asleep, and when I was tired of laying on my back I tried to turn around to my stomach  and I couldn't move, but when I started to panic I began moving again. I told my friend the next day and she said it also happened to her before and her Mom told her that same creepy witch story and she said if u tried to move u could break ur neck and die  :-SS

Dammit now am not gonna be sleeping on my back again anytime soon, I had forgotten all about this, till this thread. Thx blood   :(
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 07:23:24 PM by That Mugen Guy »

Jesus loves me, he loves me a bunch! Because he always puts Skippy in my lunch!

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2009, 04:17:54 PM »
I'm glad i got many replies.

A way to explain it  it's like waking up dead.

On a paranormal side DT I'm sure some of you know i live next to a cemetery. I cut through it to take the bus and train. I basically go through it everyday. When i was younger i used to run through it because i used to think something was following me lol but that's in the past. They say my house belonged to the grave keeper.  But i don't believe that.

All three of these experiences happened when i was sleeping on my back , and i love sleeping on my back so now i try to sleep on my side.

Please share your story with us DT.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 04:24:10 PM by BloodNinja Who? »

(click to show/hide)

Offline xPreatorianx

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 08, 2023, 09:35:27 PM
  • I'm done you know where to find me. Click my sig.
    • Deviant-Generation
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2009, 04:28:34 PM »
I have had similar stuff happen to me. But I have never had any halucinations about demons and stuff when this stuff happened. Basically mine started about 1 year after I got out of the psych ward. Basically reason behind that little thing is I did not sleep for 7 days straight, had extreme depression, so I started having halucinations. I even thought I killed my step-dad the day or 2 before I actually went to the psych ward. I actually saw nothing but body parts(wont get into major details) lieing all over the house. That was not anything related to the devil/demons it was all in my head from all the depression,sadness, and 7 days of no sleep.

Anyways here is basically what happened with the SP. It started a year after the psych ward. I was sleeping(with the aid of sleep meds) and when I would wake up both arms and legs would cease to function. So I would lay there for about 2-5 minutes gradually getting feeling and mobility from each leg then each arm. After that I would be fine.

Couple of nights later I would just wake up and my arms would be completely numb and non functional and I would basically swing my arms(with the help of my torso) back and forth till the feeling came back.

A little note about all this, I was taking psychotropic(think thats the med family) meds during these occurences and for the next year/ year and  1/2. So that may have caused those for me.

Also I do remember stuff that happens every now and again to this day. Where I would be in a deep sleep and all of a sudden I would jerk really quick and be awake. Almost as if that part of my body had a huge muscle spasm all at once. It scares the crap out of me every time.

But its been 1 year since all the SP(if u can call it that) and about 3-4 months since my last really bad jerk. So im probably due here soon for another one  :'(.

But just thought I would share some experiences on the matter.

EDIT: BTW its been 3-4 years since the psych thingy. 4-6 months off the last med I had. So completely free of all meds relating to it except for a sleeping aid(will probably have to use for the rest of my life.)

additional note : sleeping aid is all natural (no prescribed, its over the counter) so I doubt that has anything to do with my cases.

EDIT2: I always sleep on my side.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2009, 05:59:30 PM »
There's no saferplace to be than in a cemetary  :|

Anyway , I'm leaving work now . So I will share my twisted ( but real ) story 2morrow when I have more time to type it .

on the note of this , though .

you know people have died from sleep apnea .

(click to show/hide)
Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline danniel

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:May 06, 2013, 03:11:26 AM
  • hmmm
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2009, 06:44:52 PM »
i used to get these ALL the time wen iwas younger ... like everytime i slept
think i even had a ghostly encounter once (i was awake)

Offline ~Wolfpaul~

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 06, 2012, 05:57:31 PM
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2009, 07:14:47 PM »
I've had this many times,

First time, I was waken up by a small boy standing at my doorway, i couldn't see his face. I tried to talk but i couldn't. The boy disappeared and i couldn't move. It felt like i couldn't move for hours but it only lasted a while.

Second time, I opened my eyes and i saw lots of people standing next to my bed. I could only move my eyes. I've had many others but i prefer not to post them. I usually sleep on my back or on my sides. It hasn't happened to me recently.

Userbar By The Dude Z

Offline xPreatorianx

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 08, 2023, 09:35:27 PM
  • I'm done you know where to find me. Click my sig.
    • Deviant-Generation
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2009, 09:57:33 PM »
with SP ghosts/demons and other "apparitions" are classic symptoms of SP.

Heres the wikipedia entry on it.

Sleep paralysis is a condition that may occur in normal subjects or be associated with narcolepsy, cataplexy, and hypnagogic hallucinations. The pathophysiology of this condition is closely related to the normal hypotonia that occur during REM sleep.[1] When considered to be a disease, isolated sleep paralysis is classified as MeSH D020188.[2]

Physiologically, it is closely related to the paralysis that occurs as a natural part of REM (rapid eye movement) sleep, which is known as REM atonia. Sleep paralysis occurs when the brain awakes from a REM state, but the body paralysis persists. This leaves the person fully conscious, but unable to move. In addition, the state may be accompanied by terrifying hallucinations (hypnopompic or hypnagogic) and an acute sense of danger.[3] Sleep paralysis is particularly frightening to the individual due to the vividness of such hallucinations.[4] The hallucinatory element to sleep paralysis makes it even more likely that someone will interpret the experience as a dream, since completely fanciful, or dream-like, objects may appear in the room alongside one's normal vision. Some scientists have proposed this condition as an explanation for alien abductions and ghostly encounters.[5] A study by Susan Blackmore and Marcus Cox of the University of the West of England supports the suggestion that alien abductions are related to sleep paralysis rather than to temporal lobe lability.[6]

The paralysis can last from several seconds to several minutes "after which the individual may experience panic symptoms and the realization that the distorted perceptions were false".[7] When there is an absence of narcolepsy, sleep paralysis is referred to as isolated sleep paralysis (ISP).[8] "ISP appears to be far more common and recurrent among African Americans than among White Americans or Nigerian Blacks",[9] and is often referred to within African American communities as "the witch riding your back"[10][11]
Contents
[hide]

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2009, 10:02:24 PM »
@ Paul

I'm sure that must of been very frightening! , Our Experiences are very similar.

@ Pre

I came across that same document while researching it.
I've heard of people being dragged out of their beds during Sp
Many scientist can't explain it and much rather be skeptical about it.

As far as times it last several minutes but i have been in one that gave the Illusion of just been "trapped" which seemed to be Hours!

(click to show/hide)

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 08, 2013, 06:04:06 PM
  • Still Nutpatch but a bit more nutty
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2009, 10:21:57 PM »
lol scary poop scary poop i never seen demons or anything like that ( and hope i never will cuz i will probably die of heartattack because i do belive in god and demons) But yea sometmies i would have a dream where someone would be covering my mouth and nose with one hand and i could never breath.. Then for about 10 seconds i can breath again then for abot40 seconds i cant breathe its this long process and sometimes i know im dreaming and i try sooo hard to wake up but i cant... And sometimes my chest will feel reaaaaal bad like im about to have a heart attack and when i wake up my chest is aching soooo hard and it hurts for long periods of the day.. And i would be laying on my back its some crazy ish

Offline shootYr.

• [Magnum]
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 11, 2012, 07:27:16 PM
  • What're you gonna do to me?...
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2009, 10:28:30 PM »
This Has Probably Happened To me 6 Or 7 times.

Im In A Nightmare, And Then Bam, I Wake Up. Only I Can't Breathe Or Speak.
My Mom Told Me These Were Anxiety Attacks...

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 09, 2024, 11:15:33 AM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2009, 10:55:48 PM »
Yesh this used to happen to me when i was lil. I thought i was the only one lol . As an adult it mite still happen and i think it does but i dont realize it cuz i learned how to snap out of it.

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline kratos

• Email
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2009, 11:12:32 PM »
I've heard of people being dragged out of their beds during Sp

Oh f that....F THAT :o

off topic, but has anyone ever had a Freddy Kruger dream? I've had one. Freaky crap. I was being chased in the boiler room. Luckily I woke up before he slashed me. >o:-(

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar