collapse

Author Topic: Prince of Persia  (Read 471 times)

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 12:00:37 AM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
Prince of Persia
« on: October 02, 2008, 02:12:57 AM »
Yes, a new Prince of Persia is coming... With a new story and cast... ;*))

I like the idea of it... it doesn't seem as realistic as the latest PoP video game series... but everything else makes up for that!

-------------------

E3 2008 Trailer...

More vids...

-------------------

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_of_Persia_(2008_video_game)

GAMEPLAY

The gameplay in Prince of Persia will retain a very similar feel to the "Sands of Time" trilogy, in the sense that the acrobatics, puzzle solving, and combat elements will all still be intact. However, the game is non-linear, so the player is given the opportunity to explore any part of the world at any time they want to.

The supporting character, Elika, will have a large role in gameplay, in a sense where she saves the Prince from death. Ubisoft has emphasized that there will be no way to die in this game, as Elika will save you from any danger. For example, if the Prince slips and misses a jump, instead of falling to his death, Elika will grab him, and set him back on higher ground. Elika can also perform many combat moves, some in tandem with the Prince. If the Prince is downed in combat, Elika protects him as he regains his energy. She also assists in acrobatics. She boosts the Prince further than he can jump alone. She is also very acrobatic, performing the same moves as the Prince, with ease. When solving puzzles, Elika plays a role as well. If the Prince does not know where to go next, Elika will guide him in the right direction.

Combat will largely differ from that in the "Sands of Time" trilogy, but is similar to that of the original "Prince of Persia" trilogy. The majority of combat is one-on-one combat, instead of fighting off hordes of enemies as in the "Sands of Time" trilogy. The Prince wields a double-edged sword, but he also uses his gauntlet as a secondary weapon, using it to block enemy attacks. There are four main fighting moves: "sword attacks", where the Prince use his sword to attack enemies; "gauntlet", which is his secondary weapon and is useful to lift and throw up enemies; "Elika magic", where Elika uses her magic to hit enemies; and "acrobatic moves", which is useful for dodging and jumping over enemies. There are three stages of health in combat: "healthy," "weakened," and "grounded." When the Prince is in his "healthy" state, he is "swift and energetic" as he battles. When an enemy strikes the Prince, he goes into his "weakened" state. He is not as agile in his "weakened" state, and is more vulnerable to being attacked. When the enemy hits the Prince when he is "weakened," the Prince becomes "grounded." He lies on the ground, vulnerable to all enemy attacks. If an enemy attempts to attack again before the Prince recovers, however, Elika will drive back the enemy and put the Prince back to his "healthy" state, but at a cost; the enemy also returns to full health.

Acrobatics remain largely unchanged from the "Sands of Time" trilogy, except Elika will now provide acrobatic support. The Prince is capable of running on walls, sliding down walls, climbing walls, and jumping from wall-to-wall. The Prince utilizes his gauntlet as a tool to break the fall as he slides down a wall. Elika also plays a large role in acrobatics. Elika boosts the Prince further then he can normally go, she saves him if he misses a jump, and she herself is very capable and agile. As the game progresses, Elika can gather concentrated seeds of magic that allow her to perform new magical abilities to access new areas.

PLOT SUMMARY

The adventure begins with a new Prince of Persia, a wanderer, a vagabond, returning home from an adventure on a donkey laden with treasure, which he earned on his previous venture. He desires to spend his treasure on many luxuries, including women and liquor. But suddenly, he is caught in a fierce sandstorm. When the sandstorm subsides, he finds himself in a mythical garden of beauty, dominated at its center by a massive Tree of Life. The Prince and a girl, Elika, find each other, and, in the same predicament, decide to help each other. Together, they venture to the center of this grand oasis. When they arrive at the center, they witness the destruction of the tree, and the liberation of Ahriman, the ancient god of darkness. After being set free, Ahriman starts corrupting the lands with darkness and evil. The Prince, with the aid of Elika and her new found powers, take up arms against Ahriman's corruption, in an attempt to drive it back and cleanse the world.

Main characters

The Prince

The Prince is a new character, different from the protagonist of the The Sands of Time trilogy. He is a normal person, rather a thief, and not a noble Prince. He is a wanderer, a vagabond, who wants to adventure with no real ties, always living in the present. To him, the past is gone and he carries no burdens, the future is yet to come and it will take care of itself. He is a man who lives by the day, not considering anything long term; he spends his treasure on women, luxury and liquor, simply because it's who he is. The inspiration for this character has been drawn from adventurers like Sinbad in the Arabian Nights, Han Solo from Star Wars, and Aragorn from The Lord of the Rings.

He is an extremely agile and cunning warrior, proving to be a very able swordsman. Ubisoft has stated that the Prince will have all his abilities in the beginning of the game. In all of the concept art, he appears clad in clothes with a red and blue color scheme. Significantly, in all these arts and videos, he wields a long sword, and wears a spiked gauntlet in his left hand. For the first time in any Prince of Persia game, the concept of sword and scabbard has been introduced along with the concept of a double edged sword. A gauntlet is the Prince's secondary weapon, and is also a tool that allows him to perform feats such as sliding down from high places without being harmed.

The Prince will be voiced by Nolan North.

Elika

Concept-art render of Elika. The game producers explained that they wanted a secondary character who would be an actual partner to the Prince in a true sense with being a helpful and a friendly asset, and "not become any kind of burden on him or his way". Elika is claimed a large innovation to this game, as the time-controlling powers of the Prince were in The Sands of Time trilogy. The inspiration to create Elika was drawn from supporting characters from other media, like Elizabeth Swann from the Pirates of the Caribbean film series; Padmé Amidala from Star Wars; and Arwen from The Lord of the Rings film trilogy.

Elika is described as a "deadly ally," and a strong supporting character, who will affect every aspect of the game, as she accompanies the Prince throughout the game. This includes exploration, combat and puzzle-solving. A descendant of the Ahuras, she can perform some special moves in tandem with the Prince, and use her magical abilities to aid the Prince in his quest. She is also able to guide the Prince on the right track in case he is lost in his way in the game and can assist him in solving multiple puzzles as well.

Elika will be voiced by Kari Wahlgren.

Supporting characters and enemies

The Hunter

The Hunter is a dangerous foe and an energetic beast that uses agility, speed, and acrobatics to his advantage. Originally a prince, The Hunter indulged in many treasures, but became obsessed mainly with hunting. Soon, though, The Hunter became jaded even in the hunting aspect. Ahriman caught word of The Hunter's discontent and offered him a chance to fight a foe beyond all others. The Hunter, unable to resist the urge to hunt, offered his soul to Ahriman, and was then transformed into a possessed beast. The word of The Hunter spread to the far corners of the Earth, and many hunters came to hunt it. The Hunter's wish was granted - He hunted man. One of Ahriman's most reliable fighters, The Hunter was set free once again, to hunt the Prince of Persia.

Release Dates...

XBOX 360 & PS3 = released
PC = December 9th

----------------------

Check out my review on Gamewinners.com, if you aren't convinced....

ATICE - PoP XBOX 360 Review
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 02:58:49 AM by ATICE »

Offline George Costanza

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 20, 2010, 08:55:01 PM
  • You can stuff your sorries in a sack, mister!
    • Heavy Metal Mugen
    • Email
Re: Prince of Persia
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 02:25:53 AM »
after seeing this im not so much hyped as i was when u first mentioned it

it made since that the sands of time prince's story would end

and the next generation of prince would come in is a givin im cool with that

but ive already seen all this style of game play assains creed played it out big time

ireally thought i was going to see sumthing new but in all realness im just seeing the same

but who knows it might be good ill try the demo when it drops

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 05:08:36 PM »
So... just rented this game last night, and started playing it. It's freakin' bad@$$!! Way more than I expected.

I just realized what I have to do in this one part, so hopefully I won't be stuck anymore.... lol...

Um... but yeah... the PC version releases on December 9th, but if you don't want to wait, then get this for the 360 or PS3.

This game is really kicka$$ and I'll recommend it to anyone!

P.S. I am the creator of this topic, so I can revive it. :P

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 09:26:20 PM »
so... does no one like this game... or has no one even rented it, besides me, or what? I still think this game is kicka$$... the only thing bad about it is... when Ubisoft made Assassin's Creed, the repititiveness was ridiculously stupid.... but now that they made Prince of Persia a few years later... the repititiveness isn't noticable till you have healed like 5 or 6 healing points... I just don't like the repititiveness, but the sense of repititiveness is gone once you release a new plate at the temple.

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 09:43:53 PM »
sounds interesting...too bad i'll never be able to play it  :-??
(not owner of next gen console)

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2008, 10:16:54 PM »
I'm going to go see if psn has a demo.

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline aristotle

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 24, 2013, 05:36:53 PM
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2008, 10:37:01 PM »
i like how the gameplay looks

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 02:05:37 AM »
oh. Let me tell you this... the gameplay... B@D@$$!!!!

The only thing I don't get is that... I haven't died once in this game... unless falling into the corruption means you die... then I've died more than 5 times... :DxDie

Um... but yeah... this game is bada$$ and once I get my own XBOX 360 (using my cuz's right now), I'm definitely buying this one, for sure!

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 03:07:17 AM »
Added something to the first post. :thumbsup:

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 05:14:00 PM »
Check out the first hint for the game on gamewinners.com for the XBOX 360 version...

http://www.gamewinners.com/Cheats/index.php/Prince_Of_Persia_%28Xbox_360%29

;D

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar