collapse

Author Topic: Anyone excited for Rob Zombies Halloween?  (Read 1004 times)

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
Anyone excited for Rob Zombies Halloween?
« on: August 25, 2007, 11:46:58 AM »
My wife got me into Michael Myers flicks, and the last 2 have been, well "cheesey". With McDowell (Alex from Clockwork Orange) as Dr Lumis, and the dark look of the film this maybe the first horror remake I'm looking forward too.

Thoughts?

Offline XerXes

• Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:January 28, 2016, 12:55:22 AM
  • Infinity News Team
Re: Anyone excited for Rob Zombies Halloween?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 12:21:14 PM »
Not really cause his last couple of movies have been crap (EX: House of a thousand corpse's lame, my girl wont ever let it go that i took her to see it. And i swear i was crying blood)

OFFTOPIC: Dam clockwork orange was the shiznit i watched that movie like 7 X's
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 12:24:28 PM by xerxes »
"PRESENTS MUGEN FIGHT NIGHTS"

<-Place holder for future collaboration.

Offline Fox

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 02, 2010, 04:15:10 PM
  • Woooooooooooooo!
    • The Lair
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 12:39:21 PM »
watching the 1st one last night, I dunno if it can hold up to the original, but we shall see  :)

Junpei: (about what's at the top of Tartarus) I know! There's a giant pinata! And when you break it...candy pours out! And a huge banner appears saying "Congratulations you've beaten Tartarus!"

Offline eg6gsr

• Contributor
  • Last Login:February 26, 2024, 03:24:12 AM
  • my first love
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 04:05:37 PM »
rob zombie makes good horror flicks so this one should be good

my new one

Offline Negi Springfield

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:December 26, 2022, 03:12:38 PM
  • Got some change?!
    • Hokuto_no_Fan
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 04:08:28 PM »
watching the 1st one last night, I dunno if it can hold up to the original, but we shall see  :)

ON AMC?
O=
I saw three Halloween movies last night (1,4 and 5)
on AMC
and I gotta say Rob Zombie has some good work on his plate....

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:June 27, 2018, 08:24:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 04:13:13 PM »
I hope this isn't another gore-ography movie. I liked the old Halloween movies just being scary, not gross. It looks like it might be a gore-ography movie though :'( . I'll still watch it though.

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2007, 05:18:24 PM »
I wasn't really into the Halloween films. I saw a couple of them and they're really good but I've seen better.
The real reason I am excited about this movie is because it's being made by Rob Zombie. He directed House of 1000 corpses which disturbed me for a whole month. When you go to see this movie, get prepared to be disturbed.

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2007, 07:16:48 PM »
I hope this isn't another gore-ography movie. I liked the old Halloween movies just being scary, not gross. It looks like it might be a gore-ography movie though :'( . I'll still watch it though.

I feel the same way. I like gore, but halloween was always a scary mystery. I find Suspense more frightening than gore. Couple knifes thru the guts, and Im cool.

Offline Negi Springfield

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:December 26, 2022, 03:12:38 PM
  • Got some change?!
    • Hokuto_no_Fan
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2007, 07:19:27 PM »

I feel the same way. I like gore, but halloween was always a scary mystery. I find Suspense more frightening than gore. Couple knifes thru the guts, and Im cool.

yeah! like how it went down in Halloween 5

lol
I rly liked that...

never knew who was Rly Michael...

off-topic: In Halloween 5 who the hell broke Michael out of jail?

Offline fatalfreak

• (^o^)
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 20, 2011, 01:20:57 AM
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2007, 11:20:10 AM »
yeah! like how it went down in Halloween 5

lol
I rly liked that...

never knew who was Rly Michael...

off-topic: In Halloween 5 who the hell broke Michael out of jail?
[/quote]

Yeah, I enjoyed watching Halloween 1,2,4 and 5.  I thought cult people from Halloween 6 broke Michael out of jail (but I forgot  ::)
My friends are excited to watch the movie....

Thanks to Demonkai.  I got this MMPR photo.
I didn't know your name was :D. That's an interesting name.

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2007, 11:30:38 AM »
I don't if it's just me, but I didn't like the Halloweens with the lil' girl in them (4-6). I think her name is Jamie. They were good, but I don't think they were good enough to be classified as a "classic" like the first two were (H20 was also better).

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline fatalfreak

• (^o^)
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 20, 2011, 01:20:57 AM
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2007, 04:45:18 PM »
I don't if it's just me, but I didn't like the Halloweens with the lil' girl in them (4-6). I think her name is Jamie. They were good, but I don't think they were good enough to be classified as a "classic" like the first two were (H20 was also better).

Me too.  I liked H20; I enjoyed watching that one. 
By the way, the girl, who acted Jamie, comes back to the new Halloween movie(but I believe she is acting a different character in the movie).  You can see her face here. :)
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0364583/

Thanks to Demonkai.  I got this MMPR photo.
I didn't know your name was :D. That's an interesting name.

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 03, 2024, 04:36:18 PM
    • Excursion's Corner
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2007, 04:54:49 PM »
I downloaded that workprint version out lat night and transferred it to my Apple TV. I am watching it tonight (Rob Zombie's version)

Offline Jay_High19

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:September 18, 2009, 01:24:51 AM
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2007, 04:55:43 PM »
The only Halloween I've seen is the first one and I have to say... Not Scary. I'm not a big horror movie fan but this one does look interesting, I'll probably see it at my cousin's house on bootleg on Halloween. I don't see why Mike Myers is scary tho. What's so scary about a 6'5 man in a Dickies outfit? I'm more scared of the Mike Myers who played Austin Powers than this guy.  :-\

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2007, 06:02:18 PM »
I downloaded that workprint version out lat night and transferred it to my Apple TV. I am watching it tonight (Rob Zombie's version)
Awesome! Well I'm going to see it in a few days at the theaters. Then I'll dl it.

Offline AkumaTh

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 22, 2017, 04:00:01 PM
    • My place in the Middle Ground
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2007, 06:03:16 PM »
I do want to see it, but I rarely go to the theaters to see movies now... I'll probably wait it'll it's on HBO...

Offline Scar

• Dragonslayer
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:July 29, 2016, 10:49:53 AM
  • Cobra Mugen Team
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2007, 06:05:31 PM »
LOL, if my friends tell me that it sucks then I usually wait till its on HBO too.

I will probably see it, im a big fan of Rob Zombie but his movies are WEIRD AS HELL.
!!Unite, Mobilize, Destroy!!

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2007, 06:08:17 PM »
LOL, if my friends tell me that it sucks then I usually wait till its on HBO too.

I will probably see it, im a big fan of Rob Zombie but his movies are WEIRD AS HELL.

Weirdness=awesome. If a horror movie doesn't weird me out then I don't really like it.As for the fanboys, of course most of them are going to say it sucks, why? Because it's made by a different director.

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2007, 06:08:30 PM »

Me too.  I liked H20; I enjoyed watching that one. 
By the way, the girl, who acted Jamie, comes back to the new Halloween movie(but I believe she is acting a different character in the movie).  You can see her face here. :)
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0364583/

Damn... she's fine now. :o

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2007, 03:07:03 PM »
I saw it last night gotta say C+ at best.

John Carpenter was a master, Rob Zombie does White trash gore.

Michaels family D- (nothing like theyre supposed to be, how a stripper and a white trash drunk can afford to live in a big house in Haddonfield was retarded)

Young Michael A (interesting origin, still no expanation of Supernatural powers)

Dr Loomis B- (Malcom was a good choice Athony Hopkins wouldve been a better choice)

Haddonfield A++ (Looked exactly as it should)

Lori C+ (this is a character you need a a really strong actress, thats has potential to be the next Jaime Lee, not even close, but it worked well enough)

Supporting cast A (Tommy Doyle, and Lori's friends all were fairly good)

Michael grown up B (pretty close, the mask and movement need improvement, they showed the Origional Thing that was an inspiration for how he moved in the Film, but ignored that. The tattered mask actually made him a little less scary to me, the bright white in the shadows was what made the older films look fantastic, he also didnt have the slow methodic movement of old school Michael, moved more like Kane in See no Evil, also Michael wouldnt try to bond with Lori, just cut her azz)

My overall opinion is, Rob Zombie was the wrong guy for the film, Rob would be perfect for Jason, and I think Rob even said he's better suited for those films. Halloween is a subtle Mystery, and drama, not really a gore film. Rob fell into the same trap the makers of 5, 6, H2O, and Ressurection all did, not getting the filmaking of origional 1st 2 films.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 03:16:26 PM by ALEXZIQ »

Offline XerXes

• Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:January 28, 2016, 12:55:22 AM
  • Infinity News Team
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2007, 08:24:41 PM »
Young Michael A (interesting origin, still no expanation of Supernatural powers)
Was supposed to be rob zombies interpretation of halloween, he basically made him more human
Michaels family D- (nothing like theyre supposed to be, how a stripper and a white trash drunk can afford to live in a big house in Haddonfield was retarded)
Yeah they didnt explain it but i really didnt care about that part of the movie  :-??
Dr Loomis B- (Malcom was a good choice Athony Hopkins wouldve been a better choice)
I prefer DR Loomis Malcom
Lori C+ (this is a character you need a a really strong actress, thats has potential to be the next Jaime Lee, not even close, but it worked well enough)
I agree (but i did like the boob scene's  :O*D)
My overall opinion is, Rob Zombie was the wrong guy for the film, Rob would be perfect for Jason, and I think Rob even said he's better suited for those films. Halloween is a subtle Mystery, and drama, not really a gore film. Rob fell into the same trap the makers of 5, 6, H2O, and Ressurection all did, not getting the filmaking of origional 1st 2 films.
I actually like it alot. I thought that the gore was well done and that the story althougth a little undeveloped was still kool. I dont know its just me but i really had a good time paying for this movie  :O*D

« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 08:27:12 PM by xerxes »
"PRESENTS MUGEN FIGHT NIGHTS"

<-Place holder for future collaboration.

Offline Lightblackheart

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 03, 2014, 10:33:27 PM
  • infinity's personal Dimentional Jester
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2007, 08:30:44 PM »
xeres edit:  >:-(-| oh sh** a clockwork orange?!  :-& :-& :-& :-& :-& :-& :-& :-&

it is the most bizarre movie in the world!!!!!!!!!!  :-&

i only heard of it and saw some pics and this movie have violence, sex , robbing, an perverted assasin and more watch it at your own risk :-& :-& :-& :-&
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 09:19:19 PM by xerxes »

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2007, 09:36:23 PM »
Was supposed to be rob zombies interpretation of halloween, he basically made him more human
Yeah they didnt explain it but i really didnt care about that part of the movie  :-??
I actually like it alot. I thought that the gore was well done and that the story althougth a little undeveloped was still kool. I dont know its just me but i really had a good time paying for this movie  :O*D

I enjoyed the movie a lot. John Carpenter told Rob not to redo exactly what he did and do what he wants with his version and that's what Rob did. If it's good enough for the creator of Halloween then it should be good enough for the fans too.

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2007, 11:50:44 AM »

But he didnt do that, Michael grows to 6 ft 7+, gets stabbed a couple times with a 6 inch butcher knife, and shot 3 times thru the chest, and you know he will be back after getting shot in the face. I didnt see anything human about that. If anything it was confusing because Rob wrote a more normal origin for Michael, but gives him the same powers. I didnt get it, but I'm a 20 year plus Halloween fan...

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2007, 11:58:33 AM »

I enjoyed the movie a lot. John Carpenter told Rob not to redo exactly what he did and do what he wants with his version and that's what Rob did. If it's good enough for the creator of Halloween then it should be good enough for the fans too.

Carpenter also wrote that before the movie came out, and he critisized the film for exploring the origin of Michael, when Carpenter felt it was uneccesary. He has always felt this way, even about the other films if you watch the Halloween documentary that came out last year.

It was worth the money, but it just lacked the Suspense, and artistic film making of the 1st films. the plot wasnt so much the problem for me, more the film style. This film it took the best of the slasher films, and made it just like the rest of the Jason/Freddy type crap, Halloween was always better than. Its just a differant Halloween. If they do more I hope someone else directs.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar