collapse

Author Topic: Galactus (Apocalypse edit)  (Read 22290 times)

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 03, 2024, 04:36:18 PM
    • Excursion's Corner
    • Email
Re: Galactus (Apocalypse edit)
« Reply #100 on: March 24, 2008, 10:50:37 AM »
Hey, I bealive that the watcher animation should only be his head, according to where the fighting is going. Not just move where Galactus is going.

And I also bealive that this is an excelent final boss. Keep it up!

:thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliment. I decided to give animating him a try. I will work on it tonight. It isn't like I can't animate it, I just am not looking forward to it because I am not content with just his head moving. You have to look at DT's Harley Quinn avatar to understand.

idk the watcher thing seems like a good idea but he might have too be small or way in the background that galactus is HUGE that watcher might be a pain if your jumping all over but idk im not makin him so whatever u think is best i will vote on good luck man

Watcher is in the background. He sit's fixated in the background in one spot floating. He does not get in the way. He does not detract you from Galactus himself. He is simply there for eye candy and for that extra bit of detail. I appreciate the feedback about the Watcher, but trust me, you will like the idea better when you play against Galactus. Besides, I have something else going on in the background that I havent shown yet, so if Watcher is a distraction for you, then the other things are too. :-??

I know you don't want to animate the watcher(which is another great addition) but if you do he should be animated to act like dhalsim's wife. You remember see gets happy when he attacks and upset when he loses. He could cross his arms when Galactus attacks and nod his head when he[Galactus] gets hit. This is only if you end up animating him anyway ;D.

Ehhh.. I thought about have him moving his head towards the "action" depending on where Galactus and P2 are on the screen, but Galactus is so big that the Watcher will be covered up half the time anyway. Besides, if you read the comic, the Watcher never showed emotion (except for a couple times) when it came to situations of sadness, exhuberation or whatever else he was watching so making him animated like that would not make sense.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I worked on a storyboard intro and it looks good (so the team thinks so.) I have to add text to it to give it some meaning. More to come on that soon.

I replaced Apocalypse's old ground pound pillar special effects with new one's. One dark (dark matter) and one bright (white dwarf matter). After my attempts to animate Watcher, I might work on another Herald helper or 2. I have a couple sprites of Terrax the Tamer and I am thinking maybe Nova, The Destroyer or even Firelord? Who knows, I may just be content with just the Silver Surfer. I gotta brainstorm to see what else I could come up with for Galactus besides helpers though. Galactus is very playable in his current state and I could release a beta to you right now, but that would not sit well with me as I want everything absolutely perfect. I don't want to give N64Mario any regret on letting me use his Apocalypse as a base. Also, Acey and I are trying to work something out and that would not be fair to Acey.

Offline mecha-gino

• Initiate
  • Last Login:September 16, 2018, 12:51:32 PM
« Reply #101 on: March 24, 2008, 03:47:49 PM »
heres some more ideas from me.

After galactus is defeated, the watcher pops up right in front of his corpse and says "And now, all life will come to an end." because thats what supposed to happen when he dies.

Another way is this after galactus is defeated, you hear a ominous laugh. Than Abraxas appears laughing evily.

Offline warecus

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 22, 2023, 01:28:41 AM
« Reply #102 on: March 25, 2008, 02:24:25 AM »
i know it might sound over the type or a lot of work but you can give galactus a simple earthy and any rudimentary city background and have him absorb the enviroment as you guys battle

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
  • Infinity Administrator
    • Excursion's Corner
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: March 25, 2008, 02:28:29 AM »
i know it might sound over the type or a lot of work but you can give galactus a simple earthy and any rudimentary city background and have him absorb the enviroment as you guys battle

I need a little more elaboration on him "absorbing" the background.

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 17, 2024, 01:38:42 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #104 on: March 25, 2008, 10:24:39 AM »
Hey here some addvice on the watcher:

Its nice having him there, there no need to animate it ether u want peps attenion on the forground not background:

Since here is in the background make him appear so. He a bit large it appaer as if he on a level behind the character, the stage rather then the background. (Level is a term in animation where something is on one  of the 3 layer forground, background, Stage/midground but is just slightly behind and object on one of these levels.)

add some shading to him, darken him so he look like he part of the background but not to much cuz you want a lil focus on him.

If  u do decide to animate him exterm movements come shift the focus on to him.

Well I talk enough just one one thing 2 say THIS IS A KICK@SS GALACTUS, THE BEST LOOKING ONE IN THE MUGEN COMMUNITY Keep up the good work :)

Edit:
That Sue Strom sprite, Is some1 making here a full character. Ii looks better then the one their working now over at buyogorg or what ever the name of the site for those who are assoiated with the Mavel Vs. DC project.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 10:31:29 AM by Rage »

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
  • Infinity Administrator
    • Excursion's Corner
    • Email
« Reply #105 on: March 25, 2008, 02:32:24 PM »
Hey here some addvice on the watcher:

Its nice having him there, there no need to animate it ether u want peps attenion on the forground not background:

Since here is in the background make him appear so. He a bit large it appaer as if he on a level behind the character, the stage rather then the background. (Level is a term in animation where something is on one  of the 3 layer forground, background, Stage/midground but is just slightly behind and object on one of these levels.)

add some shading to him, darken him so he look like he part of the background but not to much cuz you want a lil focus on him.

If  u do decide to animate him exterm movements come shift the focus on to him.

Well I talk enough just one one thing 2 say THIS IS A KICK@SS GALACTUS, THE BEST LOOKING ONE IN THE MUGEN COMMUNITY Keep up the good work :)

Edit:
That Sue Strom sprite, Is some1 making here a full character. Ii looks better then the one their working now over at buyogorg or what ever the name of the site for those who are assoiated with the Mavel Vs. DC project.

I get everything you are saying. Thanks for your feedback  :) Like I mentioned before, the Watcher sprite is actually quite large. I used an AngleDraw sctrl with a scaling of .5,.5 to get the Watcher to the size you see him there. The level of detail in the sprite trumps what you see in the animated gif. Because of that detail, it is very hard to not want to animate him, but also, I know it will be a tedious tasking because knowing me, I want it to look good. Anyway, when I come up with a solid animation, I will show it here.

That Sue storm is edited by me. The original stance sprite is by J-Warp. I just took it a bit further and animated it myself.

Offline warecus

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 22, 2023, 01:28:41 AM
« Reply #106 on: March 25, 2008, 10:57:30 PM »
for absorbing the stage just have some kinda beams or something coming from him that deteriorate the stage

like he's feeding off the stage

Offline bushinryujunkie

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 17, 2020, 07:43:52 AM
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: March 26, 2008, 04:13:00 PM »
very cool dude very cool

Offline Zed365

• Last Login:October 16, 2009, 06:56:15 PM
« Reply #108 on: March 26, 2008, 11:21:30 PM »
 :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

this is going to be awesome! just one question. What version of spiderman is that? and if it is here, can i get a link?

Offline mecha-gino

• Initiate
« Reply #109 on: March 28, 2008, 03:15:05 PM »
for absorbing the stage just have some kinda beams or something coming from him that deteriorate the stage

like he's feeding off the stage

that sounds awesome, though I guess it be hard to do.

Heres some more ideas for intros.

1. Has a reaction to thanos.

2. Has a reaction to superman, cause the two were featured in an awesome Fantastic Four/ Superman crossover.

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
  • Infinity Administrator
    • Excursion's Corner
    • Email
« Reply #110 on: March 29, 2008, 02:03:43 AM »
To all that visit this thread.. I want your ideas. What kind of move do I give Terrax? So far, he drops down along with Silver Surfer, then jumps away without attacking. I am not really familiar with Terrax, but I don't want suggestions that would not make sense for him. Post your replies here.

Original Terrax sprite by kalangueb. Animated by Excursion.

Offline mecha-gino

• Initiate
« Reply #111 on: March 29, 2008, 02:44:23 AM »
hmm... well instead of landing on the ground, why not have him float on some earth, or rock.

And for a attack, have him launch a rock tidal wave. You know, like how that one thanos does.

Offline god_king

• Contributor
  • Last Login:July 26, 2010, 04:23:46 PM
    • Dave Littler's New Deal
« Reply #112 on: March 29, 2008, 03:11:05 AM »
hmm... well instead of landing on the ground, why not have him float on some earth, or rock.

And for a attack, have him launch a rock tidal wave. You know, like how that one thanos does.

Exactly what I was going to suggest.

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
  • Infinity Administrator
    • Excursion's Corner
    • Email
« Reply #113 on: March 29, 2008, 03:21:15 AM »

Exactly what I was going to suggest.

Hey God king, I need new a voice for Galactus. You game?

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #114 on: March 29, 2008, 02:30:06 PM »
out fu**ing standing i love this idea puttin galactus 4th man in i have a few pics of him for some ideas hope this helps in anyway...also when he drops down i think he should slam his weapon on the ground so if p2 is standing he will get stunned while silver finishes the job... :rulez:   GREAT JOB MAN THIS GALACTUS IS GONNA KICK @$$

Herald of Galactus

Terrax
First Appearance: Fantastic Four Vol. 1, No. 211, October 1979
Former Identity: Tyros of Birj
Aliases: Terrax the Tamer
Height: 6'6"
Weight: 2,750 lbs.

>:-(-| Sentry just showed him who's best!

Offline mecha-gino

• Initiate
« Reply #115 on: March 29, 2008, 03:31:03 PM »
If I could make another suggestion for a herald attack, why not Nova?
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Nova_(Frankie_Raye)

Or any of his other heralds?

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #116 on: March 29, 2008, 06:16:35 PM »
howzabout surfer does his rush, then at the end of it terrax comes crashing down on the opponent from above with his axe, breaking the ground up when he lands (kinda like a misogi, but with the ground breaking up instead of lightning flashing)

Offline SesakaX

• Infinity Deviant Artist
  • Last Login:April 16, 2011, 10:08:43 PM
  • Literal Replicant Ego
    • My artwork on Deviant ART
    • Email
« Reply #117 on: March 29, 2008, 07:56:57 PM »
I'm thinking of this idea of having Silver Surfer and Terrax as seperate attacks. In a Hyper or a Super move, they both attack all at once. :)
The cake is a PIe!

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
  • Infinity Administrator
    • Excursion's Corner
    • Email
« Reply #118 on: March 30, 2008, 05:42:32 PM »
While I continue to receive and think about the feedback I am getting about Terrax, I am working another former Herald, this one called The Fallen One. He was Galactus' very 1st herald and bestowed with control over Dark Matter instead of the power cosmic. For those who do not know who he is:

http://en.marveldatabase.com/Fallen_One_(Galactus'_Herald)

I normally don't post sprites outright like this, but here is my edit attempt:

He will have a set animation where he comes in and zaps P2. Again, feedback and criticism is most welcome, especially from the serious and reputable sprite editors out there.

Offline aPoCaLyPsE

• :+:Simply Twist'D:+:
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 30, 2018, 06:11:39 PM
  • ...I spit blood before I speak...
    • -"aPoCaLyPsE's Bio... Enter with Caution..."
    • Email
« Reply #119 on: March 30, 2008, 05:54:24 PM »
Is he to replace Terrax? Or addition assistance aside Terrax and S. Surfer?

Fallen One looks good in comparasion for a still. Good stuff.

-"aPoC."

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
  • Infinity Administrator
    • Excursion's Corner
    • Email
« Reply #120 on: March 30, 2008, 06:01:14 PM »
Is he to replace Terrax? Or addition assistance aside Terrax and S. Surfer?

Fallen One looks good in comparasion for a still. Good stuff.

-"aPoC."

No, he is an addition. I am adding several of Galactus' heralds to him (as helpers of course) all for nostalgic purposes.

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #121 on: March 30, 2008, 09:35:15 PM »
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! XD||

Offline mecha-gino

• Initiate
« Reply #122 on: March 30, 2008, 09:48:29 PM »
I am adding several of Galactus' heralds to him (as helpers of course) all for nostalgic purposes.
Well, if thats the case you might as well add the silver ben parker
 :D

but will this also include heralds from alt universes, like that crossover with the fantastic four and superman?

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #123 on: March 30, 2008, 10:08:09 PM »
I am adding several of Galactus' heralds to him (as helpers of course) all for nostalgic purposes.
Well, if thats the case you might as well add the silver ben parker
 :D

but will this also include heralds from alt universes, like that crossover with the fantastic four and superman?

I don't think so! :D

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:May 18, 2024, 11:26:37 PM
  • The fighting spirit lives in the fans of M.U.G.E.N
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: March 30, 2008, 10:17:00 PM »
I agree. There are already too many suggestions for heralds. Anymore, and we'll wonder whether Galctus can't fight for himself.
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:15:00 AM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 01:00:10 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
[19] 20 21 22 23 24 25