collapse

Author Topic: X-Men: Days of Future Past  (Read 6601 times)

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
X-Men: Days of Future Past
« on: May 25, 2014, 11:51:36 PM »
So it's finally out worldwide, so let's share my thoughts. First of all, I liked the fact that despite Wolverine getting the spotlight and being literally between two different worlds, his role was almost secondary. Also, the scenes with Quicksilver were just hilarious, from his introduction into the plot to the prison break. It surprised me to see it was so centered around Mystique, but it wasn't a negative at all. I actually didn't like that the future sentinels were SO DAMN OVERPOWERED!!! Most of the mutants of the future were just wasted and became fodder for them(and it was kinda painful to see as they were pretty brutal).The overall acting was very good, i honestly haven't seen any work from Dinklage before, but i felt he was underutilized as Trask.
Bottom line: it's a very good film, that corrected huge mistakes from previous x-movies  :cool , and set up the field for the next one(stay until the end of the credits  :O*D ), but also gave us a few headaches because of the time travelling BS...

Offline Superjoker

• Infinity Sprite Artist
  • Last Login:November 11, 2019, 10:01:54 PM
Re: X-Men: Days of Future Past
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 12:58:55 AM »
it's pretty much just an excuse to reboot.

quicksilver was freakin awesome! at least they referenced his Magneto's son.

there were heaps of loop holes but still loved every minute.

Wolverine is and will forever be the main character in any X-Men franchise especially in Hollywood. He was in 1st class as a cameo, but he was still in it!

Future Sentinels are pretty much based on Nimrod, i suppose they were made of non-metallic material otherwise Magneto could have smashed them all! on that note young Magneto is easily one of the coolest baddest movie villains ever!

and Mystique,,,,, do you really think Miss Lawrence needs more reason to make her the main focus? the girl is Oscar class.

I agree Trask wasn't a big role (no pun intended) but was still cool to have him in it.

Reboot time!!

Offline Twinimage

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 06, 2020, 01:45:48 PM
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 08:27:19 AM »
I saw it Thursday night. It's very good movie. First quarter I didn't care mainly because they were trying to set up and explain the main plot. Felt too rushed, IMO. Once they got to Quicksilver though, I really enjoyed it. Quicksilver is now my new favorite X-men movie character. lol He makes super speed look awesome. He was my favorite part of the film. After he left, I was on the edge of my seat the rest of the time. People turning on each other and all kinds of twists near the end.

Dude, those future sentinels were MEAN! They weren't just programmed to kill, they were programmed to kill in the meanest way possible. But I loved that they took the opportunity to showcase all the X-men getting slaughtered. This is the only time you can show all of them being killed off like this.

I love, love, LOVE the fact they there retconned X3, but ponder what else was retconned. Jean is alive now, so X2 must not have happened either?

After credit scene was cool. Looks like Apocalypse is going to be handled correctly, and even have four horsemen. YES!

Overall great movie. It does everything you would hope for in a movie adaption of Days of Future Past.
Only thing missing is them depicting the iconic comic cover of DOFP story with Wolverine and Kitty in front of the poster on the brick wall. That would have been cool to see in live action. But I understand it not being "necessary" to recreate that image.

Offline DreamBrother

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 16, 2015, 05:34:26 PM
    • Mugen Multiverse
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 03:33:40 PM »
Only thing missing is them depicting the iconic comic cover of DOFP story with Wolverine and Kitty in front of the poster on the brick wall. That would have been cool to see in live action. But I understand it not being "necessary" to recreate that image.

Agreed but I'm not so forgiving. I couldn't believe it was left out! Nor did we see the graves of the past xmen that had fallen in battle...

Also, the movie was set in the 70's and I recall Kitty saying that if Wolvie succeeded it would be like the last 50 years never happened. So... X1,2,3 and possibly "The Wolverine" never happened.

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 03:49:34 PM »
Also, the movie was set in the 70's and I recall Kitty saying that if Wolvie succeeded it would be like the last 50 years never happened. So... X1,2,3 and possibly "The Wolverine" never happened.

Well, the important part is, X3 never happened!!! lol It's official now. Not just in my dreams.
X2 may not have happened either, seeing that Jean is back. Did she not die then?
X1 isn't that important, all they did was stop Magneto from his evil plans. It introduced the X-Men mainly.

What's weird is, I think this is the last movie they are going to have the old cast in, so it's kind of sad they brought characters back and now there may not be a movie with them in it any time soon. :(

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 21, 2024, 07:31:48 PM
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 05:44:26 PM »
I liked it a lot.  Best one along side X2, and First Class.
I Love how they reset the slate and now the older Xmen movies never happened.  It was awesome how Storm got impaled through the back.  I'm kinda shocked how you saw a quick glimpse of mutants from first class that were killed.. Banshee, Emma, Azazel, Riptide, and Angel (Dragon Fly Girl?).  Just kinda came out of no where.

Now what I Still wanna know is who brought Prof X back to life in the future, how did future Wolverine get his metal claws back, and what mutant power did JFK have?

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 07, 2024, 06:59:20 AM
  • "Create the Un-Creatable"
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2014, 06:27:13 PM »
Yeah I forgot about JFK, maybe like wolverine origins girl? Silverfox was it? I can't remember, anyway she had a influence power, maybe it was that

or it was simply that magneto meant "one of us" as in believed that mutant supremacy was inevitable, and so he was sympathic to the mutant cause, just like FBI agent from the comics that Xavier was always working with in the uncanny x-men, I think his name was Fred Duncan

By the way, can anyone confirm who apocalypse was played by? Was it Aaron Taylor from savages/godzilla/new quicksilver

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2014, 07:18:05 PM »
No, I think it was just some random kid. I think they said that actor won't be seen again in the next movie. We'll mostly be seeing Apocalypse in the 1980's where the main story will be set in.

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 21, 2024, 07:31:48 PM
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2014, 11:43:12 AM »
WOW! Talk about make up, I heard from someone else about Aaron, this kid did a pretty good job

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2014, 08:10:42 PM »
I don't know why, but I think it'd be funny if Mutant JFK was actually Cable. Just to piss people off

Offline Cain

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 15, 2019, 04:57:21 PM
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2014, 09:58:44 PM »
So it's finally out worldwide, so let's share my thoughts. First of all, I liked the fact that despite Wolverine getting the spotlight and being literally between two different worlds, his role was almost secondary. Also, the scenes with Quicksilver were just hilarious, from his introduction into the plot to the prison break. It surprised me to see it was so centered around Mystique, but it wasn't a negative at all. I actually didn't like that the future sentinels were SO DAMN OVERPOWERED!!! Most of the mutants of the future were just wasted and became fodder for them (and it was kinda painful to see as they were pretty brutal). The overall acting was very good, i honestly haven't seen any work from Dinklage before, but i felt he was underutilized as Trask.
Bottom line: it's a very good film, that corrected huge mistakes from previous x-movies  :cool , and set up the field for the next one (stay until the end of the credits  :O*D ), but also gave us a few headaches because of the time travelling BS...

Yeah, i saw it last night & though this movie had a good story... it still left me somewhat disappointed. The past segments were cool but the future ones (imo) completely SHAT on classic/beloved characters too no end. Great heroes like Iceman, Colossus, Bishop, Storm, Blink, Warpath etc. had little too no shine against the future Sentinels... it was as if they were only there to die. Would it have killed them too let Colossus punch  acouple of Sentinels to pieces or toss acouple of them around before he died... or Iceman trip up acouple of them by freezing the ground... or allowing Warpath to take to the sky & dive down on acouple of Sentinels chopping off there heads with his knives. It tore me apart seeing awesome characters i've read about for decades be bitched on screen in less than 5 seconds... hell, they might as well just been human. I realize they were really trying to make the future seem bleak (like in the comics) but unlike this movie, in the books the heroes somewhat shined before they were all taken out (except Franklin Richards). The movie focused way to much on Mystique but James McAvoy & Michael Fassbender (imo) are the stars (there awesome). I barely even noticed Peter Dinklage as Bolivar Trask, the part felt so minor (which is a shame considering how great of an actor he is). We got an awesome Quicksilver for about 10 minutes (TOPS!), a blink & you'll miss her cameo of Rogue (DAMN IT!), Stupid hints of Kitty & Bobby being a couple (which i hate, should've been her & Piotr all the way through the film) & almost every character in the future having like one line of dialog. I sure hope they release an extended DVD/Blu-Ray adding at least 20 more minutes of footage for future scenes not shown in theatres cause i think this movie could really benefit from it. I'll probably have to see it again but as of right now... X2: X-Men United & X-Men: First Class are still the best two X-Men films i've had the pleasure of seeing, i enjoyed them from beginning to end.

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2014, 10:40:23 PM »
I did feel a little underwhelmed a bit. Something seemed to be missing. Not sure what it was and it's going to bother me till I figure it out! I'm thinking it may have been the quick pacing. Maybe I was expecting more emotional impact. I like it when they slow down and have an emotional moment (i.e. Magneto moving the satellite in First Class). DOFP had some of that though.

I too want to see it again soon, to take in the smaller details, get a better feel for the story and how everything was handled. And of course to see Quicksilver again! :D
I'm thinking of seeing it in 3D though. I heard the 3D was good or decent.

Offline Cain

• Initiate
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2014, 06:31:31 AM »
Oh... and seeing as though Piotr Rasputin is my favorite Comic Hero, concerning the beginning & ending battles... i just have to say

COLOSSUS!!! ... NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!   :'(    o.O#    >:(    *Iceman ThumbsDown!*

the guy is made of steel Singer, you could have gave him some shine.

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2014, 07:07:09 AM »
It get where you coming from Cain, I too wanted more iceman, more bishop, more blink, but there's a reason there wasn't any shine for these characters
they are hopelessly unmatched, this movie wasn't a typical comic book movie

it wasn't about hulk vs abomination (self-plug  =P~ )
this was a disaster movie, it was x-men vs a tital wave, or x-men vs a world ending meteorite, x-men vs 1000+ nimrods

so if you think about it that way the future needs to be altered

and everyone involved is willing to self sacrifice to make that happen
I really felt that was the goal here, and that the producers combined the emotional content that was involved in the AoA saga, as that was the similarity I saw from the script, all x-men sacrificing them selves to see that bishop can alter the past, and stop legion, from creating an apocalyptic future
 Here in this movie its wolverine stoping mystique, from creating a similar dofp future

you can't make the characters shine, otherwise they'll think they actually have a chance to survive, and really they don't, 1000 nimrods says no
and if they can survive, why go bother to alter the past? The only hope they had was to do the hard reset
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 07:20:32 AM by Arch »

Offline eg6gsr

• Contributor
  • Last Login:February 26, 2024, 03:24:12 AM
  • my first love
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2014, 11:51:21 AM »

Now what I Still wanna know is who brought Prof X back to life in the future.how did future Wolverine get his metal claws back,

« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 11:57:29 AM by eg6gsr »

my new one

Offline Cain

• Initiate
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2014, 11:45:34 AM »
This was a disaster movie, it was the X-Men vs. a tidal wave, the X-Men vs. a world ending meteorite, the X-Men vs. 1000 + Nimrods.

So, if you think about it that way... the future needs to be altered. Everyone involved is willing to self sacrifice to make that happen. I really felt that was the goal here.

You can't make the characters shine, otherwise they'll think they actually have a chance to survive and really they don't. 1000 Nimrods says no.

I agree, it's the X-MEN vs. a tidal wave, the X-MEN vs. a world ending meteorite, the X-MEN vs. 1000 + Omega Sentinels / (Nimrods). My point being, there the UNCANNY, ASTONISHING X-MEN who until this movie... have always been an elite super hero unit of characters fighting for equality with unique & UNBELIEVABLE POWERS. That alone separates them from any other victim/characters in any other disaster movie. Bryan Singer & the people over at Fox obviously don't know this. There poor portrayal of these
awesome characters prove this. Now don't get me wrong, the movie was decent but less action packed than i originally expected. I knew the past segments would primarily focus on story (which i was fine with) but i thought the future would be where we saw most of the action (sadly, all i saw was fan favorites with little to no dialog being slaughtered very quickly as if they were powerless). If these characters would have gotten there proper shine in other films i probably wouldn't have to much of an issue with them being taken out so easily now. I really wanted to see Rogue early on (not just a 1 second cameo at the end), i wanted to see Colossus busting up/tossing/killing some Sentinels (not just him being owned by them), Warpath doing something other than being tossed off of every Sentinels back & yelling "Oh god, there coming!", Bishop with way more lines & screen time than what they gave him, more than just a damn cameo of Havok (especially since he was a main character in First Class)... and maybe alittle more dialog between future Magneto & Prof. X. I didn't mind the characters deaths (some were actually pretty cool)... but what i did mind was how they went down. Heroes like Storm, Blink & Sunspot went out fighting (they somewhat shined imo)... while others like Iceman, Colossus & Warpath (by the way, these three hardly did anything in the movie) went out like punk b*tches. Iceman is an omega level mutant, Colossus is physically the strongest member of the team & Warpath has got to be the baddest Apache Native American hero ever... and they were all killed in seconds. Hell, they might as well had just been the Morlocks. I have never seen the X-Men portrayed so weak. I have read comics where the X-Men along with several other Marvel heroes have taken on Galactus, Thanos, Phoenix, the Beyonder & put up a better fight. With so many future Sentinels in this movie, i thought the idea was for the heroes to be completely overwhelmed by there numbers... not sheer power (OVERPOWERED imho). I mean, what was the point of dispatching so many ships filled with future Sentinels during the ending battle if only 2 or 3 Sentinels can defeat the entire team??? Look, i just feel cheated man... i wanted a team centric X-Men film with a good story & some kick-a*s action that make the characters i know & luv (the Sentinels & the Mutants) look good. What i got was a movie that catered to J-Law... oh, i mean Mystique... that had a decent storyline & action scenes that only favored the Sentinels annihilating fan favorite characters with little to no struggle. Even Wolverine & Beast got owned by the Mark 1 model in the past.  o.O#

I was hoping for alittle of this:

Offline ZVitor

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 01, 2024, 07:22:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2014, 02:15:06 PM »
im the only one at world which didnt liked this movie?

Offline Chimoru

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:November 03, 2023, 05:50:34 PM
    • Chimoru's MUGEN
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2014, 06:00:38 PM »
I haven't seen it and I don't know if I want to.  X3 and the first Wolverine movie burned me so bad I said "Forget it."  I saw First Class and I didn't hate it, but it didn't feel like X-MEN to me. 

My thoughts on this movie is that it's gonna be super Wolverine and Magneto based, have a ton of cameos and no character development, and still not quite feel like a proper X-MEN title.

I don't wanna see "Wolverine saves the Earth with a little help from his friends"

Is that what it was?  Please don't spoil too much in case I change my mind, but am I close?
My MUGEN YouTube account where you can see edits I'm working on.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMLJDPO5mPwseYXGv-ZE53w

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2014, 07:31:56 PM »
I am kinda terrified to even see the movie now. My uncle saw it and said " wtf was this" and said he wished they refunded folks money cause many folks he said walked out on it. He said Godzilla was better by far. Lol. Which I will be seeing very soon. They offing characters like they did and no real fighting to me is just plain..Boooooooo! Story is cool but I mean cmon with the action at least...and give some of those character a really good shine time before gettin offed by overpowered legions of sentinels.  Wolverine is a cool good character but every xmen film other than his own 2 movies and xmen first class felt as if it was wolverine and the xmen and not real solid xmen flicks. X2 was better but wolverine always at the forefront. Glad he only had a 5 second cameo in first class. Lol. Too bad they dont make xmen movies that gives much more to the others characters, but in screen time and story like they should.
If my uncle who been a comic fan since before imwas born  and thinks this one was boooooo material then def makes me afraid to waste my money....catch it on bootleg I guess. Lol

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2014, 10:24:54 PM »
Well I liked it :-??....That says a lot for me because i really didnt like those other xmen movies like that except first class. (however i still didnt see that last wolverine movie)

I thought the sentinel situation would be bad but nah it was hot. bastards were vicious. I was uptight about seeing their design before but once i saw the movie and how the were killing the mutants i totally forgot about all that. Bishop was done cool. Odd how he was using his powers though. eh maybe that was just another option.

Quick silver scene in the kitchen was the funniest sh*t in the whole movie. very cool. War path was puny but eh i liked how they had em as a youngin puting in work....cool but i still wish they had em in his brute size like colossus.

The dark future was the most entertaining part to me. The present (the past) was eh interesting but i favored the future action more. The easter egg at the end of the movie had me scratchin my chin....i hope that situation comes entirely what its supposed to be just like the comic. They cant f*ck that character up and the rest of em.
(click to show/hide)

so, so far i only liked xmen movies: first class & DOFP the most out of all.....I hope cable some how gets a piece of the action in a later movie now

Overall the special FX were on point. That action in the dark future was bad @ss....i wasnt expecting it to be that good...

But overall i didnt expect much of this movie anyway. seeing how the rest were done i couldnt get too fan boy bent out of shape how i saw things going in this flick. i compared to the rest of the Xmen movies that came before this one....Did it blow me away like the Avengers did? hell no....it was decent and that was that^^

Is that what it was?  Please don't spoil too much in case I change my mind, but am I close?

No nothing like that...he helped yeah but trust it was a team thing....AS for magneto...i dont wanna say what happened....youll have to see it....it was a good movie. If you are familiar with that old old comic youll already know what happens and just appreciate the movie for what it is some what....

If you decide to see it in theaters for a night out just stay for the easter egg after all the credits
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 10:44:12 PM by DEMONKAI »
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Superjoker

• Infinity Sprite Artist
  • Last Login:November 11, 2019, 10:01:54 PM
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2014, 08:24:34 PM »
Hollywood will be Hollywood, just think of it as an ALTERNATE UNIVERSE i like to call it Earth-90210 lol

but seriously Zvitor u didnt even like Quicksilver?!

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2014, 09:55:03 PM »
If you're a purist, you're probably going to hate it, no matter what. If you were ok with the kind of changes they made in X1 and X2 and even First Class, then you should like this. This film did feel more like an X-men film to me. For those who've been burned by X3, well, without giving things away, it gives a totally satisfying fix to that. I mean, no other franchise has had this kind of opportunity to say certain crappy movies never happened. (looking at you, X3 and Wolverine Origins!) In other words, THIS MOVIE IS NOT LIKE X3 AT ALL. It's as good as First Class and X1.

I can understand you not wanting it to be another "Wolverine and the X-friends", but several characters get some good screen time. Xavier is definitely fleshed out more. Magneto I feel actually gets less attention. A lot of people say Mystique got the most attention. Everything feels less of a priority than the time travel story. Even though Wolverine is in the spot light for some time, even he feels less important than the main goal the X-men have in the main plot, to save the future.

Did I mention that Quicksilver was AWESOME!!?!?! :D I'm glad he's going to be in the sequel. :)

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2014, 10:03:10 PM »

Did I mention that Quicksilver was AWESOME!!?!?! :D I'm glad he's going to be in the sequel. :)

lol like i said, that was the funniest sh*t in the whole movie.....did you catch the hint hint line on whos his pops?  ;*))
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2014, 10:58:34 PM »
lol like i said, that was the funniest sh*t in the whole movie.....did you catch the hint hint line on whos his pops?  ;*))

Ya, I was so glad they kept him as Magnus' kid. They handled it perfectly too. They made the reference but didn't make it a sub-plot, that way there's potential for a later film to possibly cover that. This film didn't have room to cover all that. So I'm glad. :)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar