collapse

Author Topic: Scorn Beta Release  (Read 1627 times)

Offline supa2520

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 11, 2024, 10:34:05 AM
  • Sprite Artist Reborn
    • supa2520
    • Email
Scorn Beta Release
« on: July 12, 2013, 10:42:35 AM »
well guys this is it
the symbiote you marvel and mugen fans have been waiting for
after years of putting it together me and the symbiote team have done it

she is the governments secret weapon with a combine power of symbiote DNA and machine

ladies and gentlemen it is Me,Tops and Darakru's pleasure to introduce to you
my 1st beta character to released
Scorn

http://crusadercast.com/downloads/?sa=view;down=408
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ya0ek0

1st off I like to thank the symbiote team for helping me bring this character to life
and i also wanna thanx Tops,Frank,Empawk & future3
without them then they wouldn't be scorn or a symbiote team :)

also like to Give Credits To Tops,Dipod,Darakru & the Symbiote Team
anyone i left out plz hit me up so ill post your name up here and if any problems with scorn leave your comments below now enjoy
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 09:13:32 PM by supa2520 »

Offline Kazander13

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 07, 2018, 04:34:39 PM
  • Predictabo!
Re: Scorn Beta Release
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 05:00:27 PM »
Thanks for a new symbiote addition!  She was fun to play as but had quite a few large and small issues.  Since you designated it a beta, please take the feedback below accordingly since you may be aware of some these already.

-(Hyper Gun Machine)  Move currently does 0 damage.

-(Hyper Gun Machine) Aside from the 0 damage, the move itself is very unwieldy at best.  If it had a pause then it could be usable.   In its current form, by the time the gun grows half the size of the screen, assuming they aren’t brain dead, your opponent will have already dashed or rolled past the end of the gun into safety and are likely beating you to death.

-Hate the wooden block sounds to death

-The win pose gets cut off before it is finished.

-The special grab is overpowered.  Sitting at 172 damage and ranging from 18 to 28 frames is excessive.  I would at the very least tone the damage down.

- (Standing Z)I personally hate infinite standing launchers, with or without damage dampening, but that is a personal gripe.  It would be nice to at least see a juggle limitation on it especially given that the space that this move covers is fairly large.

-The intro animations are nice.

-(Bulldozer) The move requires 3000 power to use but only takes 1000 power away.  It also gains power as it hits, so if you connect, you can take about half their life bar and be back at full power to use it again.

-(Bulldozer)  The block damage for this is a little on the high side.

-(Bulldozer)  This move is air recoverable and the second portion can be blocked by certain characters.  This may or may not be intentional.

-(Hyper Fury)  The last punch on hyper fury often fails to connect and the opponent has a good opportunity to recover after the spinning blade portion.  If used while the opponent is cornered it pushes Scorn to about the middle of the screen before the last hit.

-Her get shocked animation group 7696, seems foreign, has a cape (I think), and is way beefier than it should be. 

-I'm withholding feedback on the AI at this time since I'm not certain whether or not it was designed for Scorn. It completely spazzes out and uses the special grab at an inhuman speed connect over and over again before the previous animation is finished.  With the amount of damage that move does currently, the battle is over fairly quickly.

Overall she needs some work, some voice overs, and a little polish, but I think it has some good potential.  I'll try and test out any updates you shoot out in the future.  Good luck and thanks!

Offline supa2520

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 11, 2024, 10:34:05 AM
  • Sprite Artist Reborn
    • supa2520
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 07:50:52 PM »
ok thanx for pointing out dont worry we will work on a update version of her soon  :thumbsup:

Offline RicePigeon

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:August 22, 2016, 06:03:06 PM
    • Ricepigeon's MUGEN Crap
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 10:03:21 AM »

No idea if this was intentional but lol does it look awkward.

Also a few feedback people left on guild:

-intro is meeeeh
-standing animation: wtf dude? at one point, the anim consists in having one sprite go 1pixel up/down for a couple of ticks, looking absolutely bad
-back-walk uses walk anim in reverse, which looks dumb (if not, then it looks and feels like it)
-awful sprites overall, butchered
-sprite alignment follow an eventual standard (unfortunatly, the sad news is that those standards has disappeared or has never existed apparently)
-animations are NOT fluid whatsoever (stand to crouch, jesus)
-meeh CLSN overall
-some hitsparks missing
-bad choice of sounds
-feels glitchy, like even basic moves don't feel right (no fluidity)
-D,DF,F + med & light punch in corner misses opponent at close range
-D,DF,F + hard punch (same for mid & light): when the projectile hits the opponents, it's missing some anims (it looks bad) and the way the opponent is pushed back isn't natural...
-Hyper with the truck: why is the opponent still standing after being hit 29 times?
-Hyper with big gun: opponent stays in static state for way too long (plus, the opponent's sprite changes to a sprite of someone with a cape, and it is all black? wtf)
-Hyper combo: last hit misses opponent and the move itself is just not good
-superjump animation is not done properly: when character reaches peak of superjump, the falling animation following plays several time
-the regular jump forward/backward looks bad because of that last sprite which would need another sprite as a transition
-D,DB,B + Hard punch has a ridiculous reach: can grab opponent from whatever corner to the next
-D,DB,B + either Light/Med/Hard punch misses at close range

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[Today at 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar