collapse

Author Topic: Universal Rankings *PLEASE VOTE!*  (Read 6693 times)

Offline Superjoker

• Infinity Sprite Artist
  • Last Login:November 11, 2019, 10:01:54 PM
Universal Rankings *PLEASE VOTE!*
« on: July 10, 2013, 08:20:20 PM »
This is a topic where ALL super heroes will be ranked in order of awesomeness.

RULES-

- 1-on-1
- All universes crossover
- On planet Earth
- No gods/immortal/supernatural entities
- No amalgamations/fusions

Please contribute your references, sources and facts as well as opinions.

This debate is widely discussed on a regular basis around the world.

Here at Infinity we can set the record straight.

UNIVERSAL RANKINGS TOP 10

1. SUPERMAN (DC Comics)

2. THE HULK (Marvel Comics)

3. SENTRY (MARVEL Comics)

4. XAVIER (MARVEL Comics)/ MARTIAN MANHUNTER (DC Comics)

5. ICE-MAN (MARVEL Comics)/HUMAN TORCH (MARVEL Comics)

6. MAGNETO (Marvel Comics)

7. STORM (MARVEL Comics)

8. WOLVERINE (MARVEL Comics)

9. BATMAN (DC Comics)/IRON MAN (MARVEL Comics)

10. SPIDER-MAN (MARVEL Comics)

PLEASE VOTE!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 09:29:00 PM by Superjoker »

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
Re: Universal Rankings
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 09:58:13 PM »
hmmmm depending on how you seriously want to rank these guys kinda is the thing. If exposing weakness like i guess mags advantage over metal guys example is a whole different thing. he controls magnetism period. Has demonstrated controlling the iron in blood too.  But if you going by power and strength phsyscally bench press wise.. batman, wolverine ,  i dont think would be on this scale as they come nowhere near Spiderman on up bench press wise. Spidey can bench 10 tons max if i am correct from what i read on his strength meter. Spawn has super  strength as well but how much can he bench...dunno. but he has a lot of power to use .  Iron man depends on the suit and which one he uses. I not sure which version is stronger other when it comes to the Hulkbuster one.  Goku ( depending on whichj transformed state since each one is stronger than the previous form), Superman, Thor and Hulk would be top tier for this thread while Magneto would be top tier with power ability added for his bench strength cause his regular physical is supposed normal or above a human....since he a mutant. lol.  But alas there are others that are almost equally strong as all these guys in the top tier strength and power in comics.

:-?? :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 10:08:05 PM by C.R.O.M - Lando »

Offline The King Sic-1™

• The King of Mugen & Best in the World!
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 28, 2018, 11:47:27 AM
  • Head over to http://sicgraphicsmugen.darkbb.com/
    • TheTrueSic-1
    • SicGraphicsMugen
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 12:59:17 AM »
I'm kinda biased here, i geek over the Hulk. I still think the 3 times Hulk and Superman fought, the Hulk was ripped off tho's three times.

My reason for thinking Hulk can stomp Superman goes back to World War Hulk.
In his fight with Sentry. Sentry is like the Superman of Marvel, some even say he might be stronger, but that's for the people who are superman fans to argue about.
but in that fight sentry went all out and couldn't get the job done, the only reason the fight stopped is because hulk wanted it to.

and in the 3 times superman got to fight Hulk it wasn't the Hulk we knew in World War Hulk. because if i had to put my money on superman or "world war hulk" hulk.... i would go hulk all the way.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 02:28:21 AM »
yeah i think if gonna say all universal crossovers strength wise then you have to put Hulk right next to Superman and not under him. lol. Supes only advantage would be heat vision power ( and this is including sun fueled superman) but who knows how much that really would affect the hulk on a serious note.

IMT couldnt set the record straight on this kinda debate cause its too huge a debate to even settle. Its i guess up to the fans who they think is more powerful and that can go on.....forever. lol. We could just debate about it like everyone else in the world does with comic facts and our own opinions which someone will always have something that trumps the other but there just may never be a definite one in all of comics and anime. They are all as powerful as they are written to be in their respective universes . Crossing them over is where the debate will never end.  :D

Offline Sinister1ne

• Infinity Member 'Til The End
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:September 24, 2019, 08:26:17 AM
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 05:15:30 AM »
Thor, he is supposed to be considered a god. He sent Hulk a few feet with a punch. Supes no sunlight no super. Hulk not angry becomes puny... angry, but stupid. Brains and brawn, powerful and possible combination.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 12:41:27 PM »
lol yup thor is a ghod...demi god.. one of them. Hulk tho even if not angry still has unbelievable strength...but when aint he angry tho?  :D . Supes , yeah no sun no powers and pretty much Aunt May can whip him. lol. but alas.. that happening with no yellow sun would have to be somewhere there isnt one and these guys battle it out...its always earth bound so superman will be superman.

Now when said no emotional restrictions....Batman ,wolverine and spiderman i think should not be on this list.

wolverine is an all up close fighter against most of the roster listed can use ranged powers except Hulk, batman only has Kryptonite to take out superman...but thats it, Spiderman still would get stomped by the other powerhouses

Now have those 3 in a fight against each other.. you get a cool fight.

i would pit Spawn against Iron man...leave out magneto on this fight cause..well only if Iron man has a rubber suit or some magnetic power no go in his armor than yeah i think the fight could happen. I might have to give this one to Spawn.

Hulk, Thor, Superman, Magneto and Goku - this would be the fight right here in a rumble style or one on one till last 2 standing battle it out.

hmmm take out the Aliens first.. Goku , Superman and Thor.  So the first fight would be Hulk vs Mags
well world war hulk proved he can beat pretty much anyone so Mags would be out.

but magneto vs thor would be very interesting given their powers cause as even magneto said that Lightning is the sister to magnetism...(storm hit him with a bolt of lightning and nothing happened..cartoon wise i saw it ) and i think would go more with fisticuff and how much blows magneto can take from thor or dish out to thor using his magnetic powers to increase his punches and force fields.  :-??

Next would be Thor vs Hulk...well again world war hulk ....thor done.

this now would have to turn into a battle royal cause these 3 unrestricted have proven to be total chaos and destruction. I honestly can't predict or think of a true clear winner.

Given these characters are put in situations where one could gain an advantage would be where it would all change up in various directions...so this is why a debate will be ongoing. :D

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 12:47:24 PM »
Sentry will need to be at the top too, he's Marvel's Superman and is staed in the comic to be the most powerful in the Marvel U.

Are we going to add celestials to the list? Captain Marvel, Galactus, etc...

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 12:49:57 PM »
Sentry will need to be at the top too, he's Marvel's Superman and is staed in the comic to be the most powerful in the Marvel U.

Are we going to add celestials to the list? Captain Marvel, Galactus, etc...

o.O# i should have said those guys! those are cosmic beings like Gods too and total; bad@ss!  yeah Sentry def should have made this list...now him and Superman.. i would love to see that fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 01:57:41 PM »
Thor, he is supposed to be considered a god. He sent Hulk a few feet with a punch. Supes no sunlight no super. Hulk not angry becomes puny... angry, but stupid. Brains and brawn, powerful and possible combination.

Actually Thor was created in the MArvel U in order to be the one stronger than the Hulk. (The talk when seomthing like this, Who's stronger than Hulk, how about a god! OK, Thor it is).

1) Sentry (no weakenss at all)
2) Thor
3) Hulk

Offline The King Sic-1™

• TheTrueSic-1
    • SicGraphicsMugen
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2013, 02:09:25 PM »
here is where i come in,  i think in no reason what so ever Thor is stronger than hulk, The reason behind this is, Hulk is the only one to pick up thor's hammer and beat him with it, and more than one time. Also to mention what Hulk did to the Whole Marvel U in World War Hulk.

and as for Hulk being dumb... it all depends on what hulk?, because hulk stopped being dumb after Peter David got a hold of him.
the thing that gets me is every time they want to put Hulk in a fight with someone, they always go with dumb hulk..... because they know if the did Hulk from "World War Hulk" it would be a very short fight.

PS. Hulk also proved he is on the same level if not above the level of Sentry in World War Hulk.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 02:17:35 PM by The King Sic-1™ »

Offline ZVitor

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 01, 2024, 07:22:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2013, 04:40:01 PM »
1) d. phoenix
2) superman
3) haqll parallax

Offline Superjoker

• Infinity Sprite Artist
  • Last Login:November 11, 2019, 10:01:54 PM
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2013, 06:47:37 PM »
*UPDATE!*

Okay first thing, thanks for all your input! it is very valuable as you all have valid points and extensive knowledge on respective chars.

I believe we underestimated females.
Also it seems Marvel universe is strongest.

Here are some circumstances that will help us narrow the top 10:

- Situation is on our Planet Earth
- Draws are possible

Taking some of those points into consideration, its pretty much Storm's house!
And the Sentry, where has this guy been??? it just seems like he isn't very popular or new...

:)

Offline DreamBrother

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 16, 2015, 05:34:26 PM
    • Mugen Multiverse
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2013, 07:14:50 PM »
Dr. Manhattan, nuff said

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 07, 2024, 06:59:20 AM
  • "Create the Un-Creatable"
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2013, 10:41:02 PM »
HULK .. IS....THE ....STRONGEST!!!!! RARARRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!
doesn't matter who what where you come from, scissors paper HULK!
Thor is a god, correct but Heimdall has taken him down a few times, Thor 0
id say if thanos wasn't so lazy, palming off his plans to whoever, he'd be the closest to winning (vilians are allowed?)
magneto is kinda weak, very good with his powers, but no helmet usually ends up losing,
superman? I'd still think hulk is a match and a half above his pay grade
sentry yes extremely powerful, but also a headcase, mentally unstable, in sure birdy could take him out, with her very limited telepathy
wolverine? Can't die, agile, raged,
 samurai training, razor claws, beats the hulk (
At least  toe to toe) gotta be up there,
ive always said exodus, would be up there
cable without the technovirus (so id assume stryfe)
phoenix, on a very bad day might just snap
same as scarlet witch (rewriting reality, pretty hard to beat)

Offline The King Sic-1™

• TheTrueSic-1
    • SicGraphicsMugen
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2013, 12:23:57 AM »
Hulk is strongest one there is!

as for wolvie, Hulk already tore him in half.... so..... :P

and if sentry is stronger than Superman, and Hulk beat up Sentry.... thats makes HULK #1! LOL

Offline brucewayne74

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:May 09, 2024, 05:04:29 PM
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2013, 06:02:48 AM »
I see only Marvel comics reader here  :-??

Superman beats Thor in the "avengers vs justice league" comic, and in the Super beat Down short movie

Superman beats Hulk in "DC vs Marvel" and "superman vs spiderman 2"
Superman beats Goku in "death battle" video

Shazam beats Superman in "Kingdom Come"

Cronos beats Galactus in "Avengers vs JL"

Parallax Hal Jordan beats all DC heroes

Superman Prime kills antimonitor, mr. mzptlk, and all the superman in many universe

Superman from 753 century, Superman arald of Galactus, overpowered Superman from a story arc of dan jurgens (post death and return of S), Superman from the center of the sun.......no match for everyone

but the most powerful.......DR. Manhatthan :O*D

Offline SideburnGuru

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 22, 2013, 07:55:05 AM
  • Freedom.
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2013, 09:21:09 AM »
If we're getting into a true debate here, put Sentry down massively. Check ComicVine for so more info on that, I'm frequent there and others can explain more indepth what I'm going to put in short term.

Sentry is inconsistent. One second, he's truly on the league of Superman and beyond, doing things like ripping Ares in half, the other second he's being jobbed out to Hercules and Ms.Marvel, who aren't even on this list up for voting. It'd be like trying to say Deadpool would be up there, because he beat a team of DD, and Captain America in the Civil War comics, and even foiled Doctor Doom, also taking down an army of skrulls too. However, just like Sentry, inconsitenty holds the character back from making it up into Power Rankings. 

Now, someone mentioned the cross overs at least twice.  *Iceman ThumbsDown!* Ya can't do that. See, the cross overs for the most part where biased, and used it for quick money grabs. In one, Wolverine beat Lobo. Knowing all of Lobo's powers, that would be the complete opposite and has been discussed before. Alot of those cross overs were also due to popularity vote, just like the Super Power Beat Down videos on You Tube. 

In short, I would definitely not give Superman the top spot. If anything, Spawn should be number one and in this thread. Spawn has done many things, even to the point of absorbing God and Satan, and becoming Divine Spawn/ God Spawn, where he could truly just swipe his hand, and cancel someone's existance as said in the book, and also brought up on different comic sites. 

As for Dr.Manhattan, as said, one of Spawn's incarnations such as Divine Spawn could easily wipe Dr.Manhattan away from ever being born.

I am the stone that the builder refused
I am the visual,
the inspiration,
that made lady sing the blues

Offline ZVitor

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 01, 2024, 07:22:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2013, 10:26:43 AM »
Shazam beats Superman in "Kingdom Come"

what? shazam died with that bomb, superman still there, anyway they fight didnt had a end, so no winner.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2013, 12:09:32 PM »
lol this debate is actually pretty good and very interesting.

the debate rant :

(click to show/hide)

so i finally decided to pick one...i chose Hulk...but World War Hulk!  >:D his strength is too amazing.
if i got to chose 2...then the other would be Spawn....God Spawn. he can control the powers of Heaven and Hell...He wins that from me in Power but then he would have to be up there in strength too cause no one is stronger than true Gods.
 :thumbsup:

Offline eg6gsr

• Contributor
  • Last Login:February 26, 2024, 03:24:12 AM
  • my first love
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2013, 02:10:48 PM »
Going by this list and the rules given

Spawn>Superman>Sentry>Son Goku≥Hulk=Thor>Wonder Woman>Magneto>Wolverine≥Batman≥Spider-Man>Iron Man

Storm isn't in there because I don't know much about her

my new one

Offline SideburnGuru

• Initiate
  • Freedom.
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2013, 04:38:18 PM »
Lobo is another honorable mention to this debate.

While he's not the best, I'd say he's one of the more powerful antiheroes/villains in the big two standards. He traded blows with Superman, and all logic/feats considered, he should be on a league above Superman.

He literally can not die, as he is forbideen from hell and from heaven. He has toon force going for him, in weird situation comics. He's been said to be on ground par speed with Superman. His bike, Spazfrag666 is also fast enough to get him into certain locations.

He's been shown to have immense power, being, as I said to send Superman flying. At one time, he could make different clones from his own blood, thought that power has been taking away. He dealt with Hal Jordan and Atrocious at the same time.  Defeated Wonder Woman before, while it could be debated she may have been distracted, she didn't get too many blows on Lobo at all in their meet comic. 

And I wouldn't use the "Wolverine beat him argument." When it's said time and time again it was a cross over by popularity vote.

To be fair, I would put Spawn > Superman - Lobo or something of that sort.  As I said, Sentry shouldn't be used on this list due to the character's inconsistency.
I am the visual,
the inspiration,

Offline Thaknight33

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 04, 2015, 08:54:58 PM
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2013, 07:36:14 PM »
SILVER SURFER OWNS ALL OF THESE GUYS. NUFF SAID!!! :-w

Offline SideburnGuru

• Initiate
  • Freedom.
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2013, 07:47:04 PM »
SILVER SURFER OWNS ALL OF THESE GUYS. NUFF SAID!!! :-w

I hope you're joking.
I am the visual,
the inspiration,

Offline Thaknight33

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 04, 2015, 08:54:58 PM
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2013, 01:40:02 AM »
I kno silver surfer didnt make the list. Dont see a good reason why :-?? But with an exception to Goku, Silver surfer would devaste all these guys. The power cosmic is not to be underestimated.  :o

Offline The King Sic-1™

• TheTrueSic-1
    • SicGraphicsMugen
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2013, 06:42:48 PM »
The power cosmic is not to be underestimated.  :o

in that case, he still can't beat Hulk.... because i don't know if anyone remembers Cosmic Hulk!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar