collapse

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros for 3DS/Wii U  (Read 21250 times)

Offline Shadic54

• The ultimate life form!
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:May 25, 2020, 02:41:33 AM
  • Being attacked by zombies!
Re: Smash Bros Wii U
« Reply #175 on: December 18, 2013, 08:23:05 PM »
I think I'm going to stab myself!    :'( :'(
God bless America!

Offline Macaulyn97

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 04:22:53 PM
    • Macaulyn
    • Macaulyn97's Channel
    • Email
« Reply #176 on: December 18, 2013, 09:04:10 PM »
Why?

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 11:15:33 AM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #177 on: December 18, 2013, 09:18:21 PM »
Over a game, really?

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline Afterthought

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:April 05, 2024, 10:10:25 AM
    • Email
« Reply #178 on: December 19, 2013, 01:34:09 PM »

Offline Shadic54

• The ultimate life form!
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:May 25, 2020, 02:41:33 AM
  • Being attacked by zombies!
« Reply #179 on: December 19, 2013, 02:19:29 PM »
Why?
I thought they were going to bring back Mewtwo!   :'( :'(
God bless America!

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #180 on: December 19, 2013, 03:02:22 PM »
For now try this. No hacked Wii/ Wii U required;

http://projectmgame.com/en/

« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 03:15:07 PM by Rage »

Offline Macaulyn97

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 04:22:53 PM
    • Macaulyn
    • Macaulyn97's Channel
    • Email
« Reply #181 on: December 19, 2013, 04:20:02 PM »
And why do you think Rosalina and Luma are the last ones to enter?

Offline Trinitronity

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 13, 2023, 01:26:38 PM
  • Working on coming back to MUGEN
    • Email
« Reply #182 on: December 22, 2013, 09:28:12 AM »
Oh crap, not only is Rosalina being playable, but she even seems to be one of the most gimmicky characters in this roster. I still cannot say it for sure though, since I don't know if there are more differences between the various Lumas aside from the color.

Offline Shoryunator

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 25, 2016, 04:33:08 AM
« Reply #183 on: December 22, 2013, 11:50:35 AM »
I can't wait for the new smash bros, the only thing for me what could make this game bad is excluding Captain Falcon.

Offline Afterthought

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #184 on: December 22, 2013, 11:35:55 PM »
For now try this. No hacked Wii/ Wii U required;

http://projectmgame.com/en/

Best thing since sliced bread right here.

Offline Silva-silva

• Shadaloo's Overlord
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 26, 2019, 11:39:32 PM
  • Sono kubi... ka kiru
    • Email
« Reply #185 on: December 23, 2013, 01:37:52 AM »
I can't wait for the new smash bros, the only thing for me what could make this game bad is excluding Captain Falcon.

Damn strait, I can't wait to see his apperance in this game and if they restored him to his former glory.

"Are you a man who likes to beat their wife? Then head on over to Topeka Kansas, because it's now legal there." - Fox news

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #186 on: December 23, 2013, 03:41:06 AM »
Damn strait, I can't wait to see his apperance in this game and if they restored him to his former glory.
As i posted b4 check out project m for all the brawl character in a melee setting. Meaning M is melee roster with brawls roster in game too. brawl characters have been rebalanced with melee physics.

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #187 on: December 23, 2013, 09:36:58 AM »
As i posted b4 check out project m for all the brawl character in a melee setting. Meaning M is melee roster with brawls roster in game too. brawl characters have been rebalanced with melee physics.

Thanks but I play project M all the time, so I know all about it.

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #188 on: December 23, 2013, 10:17:29 AM »
Thanks but I play project M all the time, so I know all about it.
thanx for pointing that out, seeing as the comment wasnt meant for you.  :-j

Offline Silva-silva

• Shadaloo's Overlord
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 26, 2019, 11:39:32 PM
  • Sono kubi... ka kiru
    • Email
« Reply #189 on: December 23, 2013, 11:20:48 AM »
thanx for pointing that out, seeing as the comment wasnt meant for you.  :-j

And this is why having one computer in the house can be problematic. I posted that in my brother's account. But as I said I play project M all the time so I am well aware of how great it is.

"Are you a man who likes to beat their wife? Then head on over to Topeka Kansas, because it's now legal there." - Fox news

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #190 on: December 23, 2013, 05:30:41 PM »

I don't remember project M being released by Nintendo. Regardless of how good it is, it is NOT an official smash game, and therefore, captain falcon still sucks in brawl regardless and sakurai needs to fix him (or fix the physics to suit falcon better), or he'll suck just as hard in this game.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 05:38:16 PM by -Whiplash- »

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #191 on: December 23, 2013, 06:28:16 PM »
I don't remember project M being released by Nintendo. Regardless of how good it is, it is NOT an official smash game, and therefore, captain falcon still sucks in brawl regardless and sakurai needs to fix him (or fix the physics to suit falcon better), or he'll suck just as hard in this game.
No one said it was release by Nintendo. I suggested that as a sub for those that are missing melee style play but would love to have there brawl cast too. Thats some thing to roll with till SMB4 drops. Your suggestion is unreasoned. Why change any entire game to suit one character? to be honest a sword is only as good as the wielder. So maybe you should look in the mirror if your want to find the source or your issues. other wise go back and play melee since after all this time you were unable to adapt to brawl style.

This is a case where no one is going to be happy. people would cry this if the game stayed with melee physics ;"Oh this game sux its just Melee with extra characters added. They could have release this as dlc instead of charging me 60 for this." As with the current state of the series, that being brawl. we know how people feel.

I personally agreed with people about Brawls presentation at one point in time but i've grown and became wiser. Its great they changed the game while keeping it the same at its core. Nintendo has a record of making game that people can play for years and sequel are stand alone games and not replacements. Taking only about fighting games now, once a sequel is released most of the time the previous game is deemed obsolete. But in Bros case each game is the same at its core but the layers up-top that are different. Thus giving us the same experience in a new and exciting way. I now love what they did with brawl, the smash bro franchise. You can go back and play any of the games and have a blast. With they logic i don't see why brawl gets a bad rap. In the end it comes down to the player. Any character can be elite in the right hands.

Well thats my two cent and my Lando rant.  :-j :-@

PS. Yeah i called Bros a fighter even tho its a "party game", sue me.  :P

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #192 on: December 23, 2013, 09:20:32 PM »
No one said it was release by Nintendo. I suggested that as a sub for those that are missing melee style play but would love to have there brawl cast too. Thats some thing to roll with till SMB4 drops. Your suggestion is unreasoned. Why change any entire game to suit one character? to be honest a sword is only as good as the wielder. So maybe you should look in the mirror if your want to find the source or your issues. other wise go back and play melee since after all this time you were unable to adapt to brawl style.

Falcon sucks in brawl because the physics do not suit his fast combo heavy play style, something not possible in brawl because of the floaty physics with little to no hitstun.  while " to be honest a sword is only as good as the wielder. " could apply to something like say, a mirror match or something it doesn't apply to this, for example: if the best swordsman in the world is underwater, he's not going to perform well regardless how good he is, you can't adapt to be underwater, you're going to terrible against someone else who is naturally better in that kind of environment. By your logic tiers don't exist, and the purely the player's fault, something that's not true. Falcon, and ganondorf (my main in melee) and a lot of other characters simply do not benefit from the physics changes made from melee to brawl, while characters like G&W (my main in brawl) simply perform much better because the game is slower, floaty and has less hitstun in general. Not saying there are not other reason's falcon is bad in brawl, but those are the ones that stick out to me.

I didn't really say he was gonna change the physics to suit one character, but he HAS changed the physics, he's already said it's faster, and from gameplay clips, there is more of a combo system, this is a step up from brawl physics engine already and I believe falcon (and probably everyone) will benefit and be more viable to play as as a result.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 09:31:52 PM by -Whiplash- »

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 28, 2024, 10:32:37 AM
  • If you see this, I'm alive!
« Reply #193 on: December 23, 2013, 11:08:36 PM »
Okay, Im only gonna say one thing and one thing only...

Melee > Brawl
ON THE COMPETITIVE SIDE!

I say this because Brawl's physics are just very slow. Not only that the game feels more on being defensive rather than aggressive and rushing down. Key things that make this true are the ability to ESCAPE combos by pressing the shield button after taking damage, TRIPPING (i HATED this mechanic) occasionally from performing a dash, the "L-Canceling" technique is gone, and no Wave Dashing. All of that, greatly dumbed down rushing down. A player would be afraid to dash because his character may take a tumble leaving him open for an attack. All of this is the reason why Whiplash says Falcon sucks in Brawl and honestly, he's right.
Even if a player adapted to the changes of the game, the character that he's using would most likely be unable to perform as well as he/she did in melee...

For example, a main combo with Falcon in Melee is a F-air, L-Cancel, Run, Short Hop, F-Air again (Double Knee). Why was this combo possible?
Well for one, the damage must already be higher than normal. But also, his F-Air has a long hit stun, giving Falcon more than enough time to connect another one. However, try doing this in brawl and would it work? Chances are...not likely at all...

With L-Cancel gone, Falcon lands with full recovery from the F-Air, effectively shortening his time to extend his new attack. On top of that, attempting to run might cause him to trip, which is the worst case and immediately would end his attempt to land another attack again. To make things worse, his opponent immediately recovers just by tapping shield, then his opponent can anticipate another attack and therefore, dodge it...not hit stun whatsoever.

This gives Falcon players a huge sad face...

With combos being brought back, and hopefully the L-Canceling and Wave Dashing, I'm sure the new Smash Bros. will be what everyone intended Brawl could have been...

For now...it's melee or project M for me...

None of this probably made any sense...  :(
(click to show/hide)
zzz...I'm top tier...screw you Doom and Wesker...zzz

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #194 on: December 23, 2013, 11:23:03 PM »
With combos being brought back, and hopefully the L-Canceling and Wave Dashing, I'm sure the new Smash Bros. will be what everyone intended Brawl could have been...

While I do want L canceling back, especially since it was INTENTIONALLY ADDED to melee and 64, wave dashing was a glitch due to the slide formed by the air dodge in that game, since this game is using the brawl air dodge, I'm certain that mechanic is not going to return, Especially since I'm sure it was unintended. I just want the ability to do combos and have a decent fighting game again, and since Namco is helping them make this game I think that might be the case.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 11:29:47 PM by -Whiplash- »

Offline Afterthought

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #195 on: December 24, 2013, 02:42:32 PM »
Okay, Im only gonna say one thing and one thing only...

Melee > Brawl
ON THE COMPETITIVE SIDE!

I say this because Brawl's physics are just very slow. Not only that the game feels more on being defensive rather than aggressive and rushing down. Key things that make this true are the ability to ESCAPE combos by pressing the shield button after taking damage, TRIPPING (i HATED this mechanic) occasionally from performing a dash, the "L-Canceling" technique is gone, and no Wave Dashing. All of that, greatly dumbed down rushing down. A player would be afraid to dash because his character may take a tumble leaving him open for an attack. All of this is the reason why Whiplash says Falcon sucks in Brawl and honestly, he's right.
Even if a player adapted to the changes of the game, the character that he's using would most likely be unable to perform as well as he/she did in melee...

For example, a main combo with Falcon in Melee is a F-air, L-Cancel, Run, Short Hop, F-Air again (Double Knee). Why was this combo possible?
Well for one, the damage must already be higher than normal. But also, his F-Air has a long hit stun, giving Falcon more than enough time to connect another one. However, try doing this in brawl and would it work? Chances are...not likely at all...

With L-Cancel gone, Falcon lands with full recovery from the F-Air, effectively shortening his time to extend his new attack. On top of that, attempting to run might cause him to trip, which is the worst case and immediately would end his attempt to land another attack again. To make things worse, his opponent immediately recovers just by tapping shield, then his opponent can anticipate another attack and therefore, dodge it...not hit stun whatsoever.

This gives Falcon players a huge sad face...

For now...it's melee or project M for me...

None of this probably made any sense...  :(

This guy gets my love.
And yeah, Project M is also way better than Brawl. Falcon is pretty bad in Brawl, but this IS NOT Brawl. This is an entirely different game.
I agree with Rage, Brawl is still enjoyable. But Melee is the best of the three Smash games.

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:May 07, 2024, 08:33:03 PM
  • The fighting spirit lives in the fans of M.U.G.E.N
    • Email
« Reply #196 on: December 24, 2013, 04:55:17 PM »
You guys say that. After you play this, you all will think differently.
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline Shoryunator

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 25, 2016, 04:33:08 AM
« Reply #197 on: December 24, 2013, 05:51:08 PM »
Brawl never felt to me as a 'real' competitive fighting game, more like a game where you could have fun with your friends or family, a game that everyone could play and be 'good' at. IMO Brawl was a fun game, but not as a fighting game, and I'm very happy if they indeed bring combos back.

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #198 on: December 24, 2013, 06:43:07 PM »
Brawl never felt to me as a 'real' competitive fighting game, more like a game where you could have fun with your friends or family, a game that everyone could play and be 'good' at. IMO Brawl was a fun game, but not as a fighting game, and I'm very happy if they indeed bring combos back.
Well thats because "They" wanted Bros to be a party game and not a figther. I too agree, Melee was the best.

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #199 on: December 26, 2013, 10:55:09 AM »
Zelda revealed

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/zelda.html

Interestingly I don't see Sheik, I hope they don't replacer her with Impa or something.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[Today at 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 02, 2024, 09:44:33 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar