collapse

Author Topic: Venom (Open Source Character)  (Read 6901 times)

Offline shinra358

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:August 16, 2008, 07:20:26 PM
Re: Venom
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2008, 02:28:52 PM »
It was in the comics. All those symbiotes were. I got that venom and that riot at my house lol. i think there were 2 comics that incorporated either or....venom: the madness AND planet of the symbiots. most of those new symbiots were in separation anxiety comic also.

Offline moonmaster1

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:November 06, 2014, 10:42:08 PM
  • Amateur Movie Maker
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2008, 07:37:14 AM »
couple things I never liked about venom.

1.venom was always known to be a brute, he could focus his strength to take on large opponents and go hand to hand with folks like the hulk, it would be nice to see venom throw an actual punch rather than throw his symbiotes all over the place.

2.venom doesn't have web ball, it would be cool for venom to shoot his web in the traditional 2 fists pointing down pose much similar to acey's black suit spidey.

3.some crazy move involving venom's tongue

4.I support shinra358's idea of venom's last ditch effort as anything spiderman 3 related is awesome, aside from vemon getting blown up.  ;*))

but these are just ideas, you don't have to listen to me, I'm the crazy lurker who loves venom. lol
We don’t need a toilet. The pile of clothes in the hallway has worked fine for us for years, and it will continue to work. — Master Shake

Offline tremainekr

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:August 17, 2021, 03:04:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2008, 03:10:53 PM »
couple things I never liked about venom.

1.venom was always known to be a brute, he could focus his strength to take on large opponents and go hand to hand with folks like the hulk, it would be nice to see venom throw an actual punch rather than throw his symbiotes all over the place.

2.venom doesn't have web ball, it would be cool for venom to shoot his web in the traditional 2 fists pointing down pose much similar to acey's black suit spidey.

3.some crazy move involving venom's tongue

4.I support shinra358's idea of venom's last ditch effort as anything spiderman 3 related is awesome, aside from vemon getting blown up.  ;*))

but these are just ideas, you don't have to listen to me, I'm the crazy lurker who loves venom. lol

i like those ideas
Your sig is way too big - Admin

Offline galactus

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:September 18, 2014, 12:34:12 PM
  • many thanks to hollow boy for this great avatar
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2008, 07:37:21 AM »
I also agree with you I have been thinking the same thing for a while now I think that he should be more like he was in the 90s spider-man cartoon series I mean in that I never once saw him do some of the moves that he does in mugen he never really used his symbiote that much he was much more of a brute like moonmaster1
says.
hello to all from the planet wrecker aka Galactus

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2008, 04:32:03 PM »
MVC is more about exagerated moves . Look at all the characters . They are designed to be exagerated with things that they wouldn't do . They already had brute characters . The Hulk , Juggernaut , etc ...

I think it was cool that they added the symbiote twist to venom .

If he jusy beat the snoy out of people , he would probably be a pretty boring character to play with .

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline Sludge

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 22, 2024, 06:44:27 PM
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2008, 04:49:24 PM »
Anyone got a good pic for his versus photo?

Offline Luis/Dshiznet

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 16, 2009, 04:58:10 PM
  • Aaron-sama
    • My myspace
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2008, 06:08:46 PM »

Offline Sludge

« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2008, 04:12:41 PM »
thanx Ðshiznetz, i'll put that into the consideration bin. (Still looking for a better one, if you submit one please convert it to 256 like Ðshiznetz did)

As far as the attack sound's he uses whatever designated sounds your screenpack is using for hits. I need to find stronger hit sounds for his venom web hyper, anybody got any?

Among other little thing's tweaked to him his web slam move's have been re-done, it's not mvc perfect but close enough. Wondering if i , should slow his attack speed down a little to make him more of a mvc port or leave him as is, any comments on that?

Offline ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~

• Special Ops Mugen Creator
  • Last Login:March 10, 2024, 04:28:06 PM
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2008, 04:51:52 PM »
hey Slulge i got a great idea for a special move or a super move, you could make a move where he shoots a web string at you and does a Scorpion, "Come here like attack"(you kno how scorpion throws the spear, well instead venom throws a strong string of web at the opponent) and then he reels the opponent in and punches them hard butt hell  with a haymaker with like a slow motion like thing goin on.... And then the opponent goes flying across the screen... now i kno Venom is ment to be average but this move could show off his tremendous strength.. just and idea.... i kno it can be done ,cus he has that web throw attack

Offline moonmaster1

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:November 06, 2014, 10:42:08 PM
  • Amateur Movie Maker
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2008, 01:26:19 PM »
in venom's first appearance in spiderman #300 he does web spiderman "scorpion style" into a haymaker, then ties him up to the bells in the bell tower they fought in. so the idea could work as long as it doesn't get anymore flashy than it already is.

venom could be boring should he be just a brute, and i'm not saying get rid of the symbiote altogether, but i think he should be just as cruel, ready to throw punches, and willing to eat anything in sight.

cause well.......thats what he does. if not for a super, you could have dirt nap run across the screen and eat the enemy causing some damage *everything doesn't have to kill, especially after taking meteorites bazookas to the head* but I think this part may have gotten deleted, so here is a quick wiki article, tell me if it already got posted, again silly little ideas from a fanboy.

http://en.marveldatabase.com/Dirt_Nap

*also, some interaction (an intro if you will) with wolverine couldn't hurt either*  ;)
We don’t need a toilet. The pile of clothes in the hallway has worked fine for us for years, and it will continue to work. — Master Shake

Offline ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~

• Special Ops Mugen Creator
  • Last Login:March 10, 2024, 04:28:06 PM
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2008, 03:23:00 PM »
yeah the haymaker idea is so tight to me..... Sludge i really think you could consider this move.... :thumbsup:

Offline pmc1416

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 14, 2013, 10:05:12 PM
  • Kyo is the crap
    • www.youtube.com/pmc1416
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2008, 05:36:16 AM »
yea that venom is sick =D>
Shinrahunter GOOD looks on my Custom sig and Av
PMC Team Adolescentz. Leader KYO.. members. Hayato . Rock . Sakura. Guy . Yun & yang.[/url

Offline Luis/Dshiznet

• Infinity Regular
  • Aaron-sama
    • My myspace
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2008, 10:28:24 PM »

Offline Sludge

« Reply #63 on: July 05, 2008, 12:08:40 PM »
Oh yeah! Not sure which one yet but i will use one of those.

Ðshiznetz rocks! (btw your in the credits  :w00t:)

Offline Luis/Dshiznet

• Infinity Regular
  • Aaron-sama
    • My myspace
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2008, 10:56:01 PM »
Oh yeah! Not sure which one yet but i will use one of those.

Ðshiznetz rocks! (btw your in the credits  :w00t:)

yay lol

Offline Sludge

Re: Venom (Open Source Character)
« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2008, 04:27:25 PM »
 I just released the updated version of Venom. Everything is essentially the same as before, some move's got some tune-ups, the web slam move was re-done, and the venom bite hyper was removed (though it's still there for those who want to activate it). Also the problem with mugen crashing when certain character's were caught in the venom web hyper should be solved.

Ðshiznetz supplied me with the VS portrait and i lifted some hitsounds from the dc vs marvel template. There never was an additional hyper added but he is open source for whom-ever to do whatever they want with him.

You can get the update at Eternaga's site (http://www.before3d.com)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 11:40:11 PM by Sludge »

Offline ExShadow

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 03, 2023, 07:30:21 PM
  • Get serious.
Re: Venom (Open Source Character)
« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2008, 03:23:04 PM »
does he come with mvc2 super bg or the one u had implemented
»ĐΣΛTĦŞTØRM«

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
[28] 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal