collapse

Author Topic: Creators Quitting M.U.G.E.N for Flash Games  (Read 2675 times)

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
Re: Creators Quitting M.U.G.E.N for Flash Games
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2011, 02:14:43 PM »
Well I am a hair older than you both.  :D

I am actually glad theres two other guys near my age though!

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 06, 2024, 12:04:31 PM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2011, 02:22:30 PM »
Just recently, I've been seeing a couple of M.U.G.E.N creators quitting M.U.G.E.N to make flash games. In my personal opinion, I think it's a stupid hobby.

And you say this based on what?

Lets face the things easily:

- Nobody earns a thing (money) working with mugen, while we (creators) need to to keep hearing stopid leachers, trolls and haters blaming everytime you release something.

- A creator, as everyone, do WHAT HE WANTS TO. If the wants to leave, its his right. No need to cry about it. Neither he is obligated to "give" his chars to anyone.

- Flash games aren't stupid hobby. I known many people that who made flash games for money, as they jobs, as I do. Right now, I'm entering the iPad/iPhone games development area, and its great.

So, if I could say, Mugen could be a stupid hobby, because we don't earn a f**k*** dime with it. Plus, we need to tolared stupid people everyday, people who owns a site where many people licks its ball and he thinks is very macho just because that, people who are simple haters, reatards, etc.

But for me Mugen is a nice Hobby. If I'm a PHP/javascript/AS programmer today, is because I had a long time learning some basic aspects of logic in Mugen. And I am thankful to it.

Offline C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 01, 2015, 10:02:57 PM
  • Proud Member of C.R.O.M. Visit My YouTube Channel
    • Visit My YouTube Channel
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2011, 06:15:47 PM »
Well I am a hair older than you both.  :D

I am actually glad theres two other guys near my age though!

Well, us old young-timers have to stick together.   :D

No worries tough, I always heard that old age will always be 20 years older than I am, so we are all good...   ;)

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2011, 06:29:40 PM »

Thanks to you guys, I just finished Jungle King for the first time ever.  :thumbsup:

Man, that game hunted me from my child hood days...  \-/o

I just crossed one item off the bucket list...  :DxDie

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2011, 09:54:56 PM »
its good to have fellow grey hair fellows around this place . lol. ( wait , am i the only one with a grey strand in my beard? /:O lol)

but its def cool to be in mugen and have some older wisdom peeps here and man we should have a 30's to 40's game night online xbl or and ps3. lol.

i agree with ya ll the way on that Big O. i too have worked in company field for many years and my friends still work in the Vg industry and doing cellphone game apps stuff for a few years now. very profitable i have seen. so your entire post is spot on and i agree all the way. Mugen for me has become a very grand hobby and i enjoy myself from the hard work nights to wind down to mugen creating sprites and doing sounds and all the stuff i need to know how to do and want to do. doing flash games is fun as well as a hobby or job. Its about what the creator wants to do . :thumbsup:

Manolostyle- i hear bro. i had a woman that once asked me why do i game, i said plain and simple, it keeps me leveled and relaxed and i enjoy the fun. if someone cant accept that reason or whatever reason you give then it boils down to its your choice. but on the flip side , there are some people as i d=said before that take it over the limit and it messes with their life. gaming on a homefront for entertainment is one thing but when you start neglecting responsibilities in order to Game then its a problem.  But hey man , ya have to enjoy yourself in this life and if gaming helps you wind down from stresses then its all good money but if you let the game dictate your livelyhood and negates your progress and take over and resposibilities take a backseat then its something a person should really take a step back and look at seriously in what they are doing . Games are not cvhildish, but they surely do let you always feel the youth and have fun with the imagination.GAME ON! ::salute::

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2011, 04:31:48 PM »
its good to have fellow grey hair fellows around this place . lol. ( wait , am i the only one with a grey strand in my beard? /:O lol)

but its def cool to be in mugen and have some older wisdom peeps here and man we should have a 30's to 40's game night online xbl or and ps3. lol.

i agree with ya ll the way on that Big O. i too have worked in company field for many years and my friends still work in the Vg industry and doing cellphone game apps stuff for a few years now. very profitable i have seen. so your entire post is spot on and i agree all the way. Mugen for me has become a very grand hobby and i enjoy myself from the hard work nights to wind down to mugen creating sprites and doing sounds and all the stuff i need to know how to do and want to do. doing flash games is fun as well as a hobby or job. Its about what the creator wants to do . :thumbsup:

Manolostyle- i hear bro. i had a woman that once asked me why do i game, i said plain and simple, it keeps me leveled and relaxed and i enjoy the fun. if someone cant accept that reason or whatever reason you give then it boils down to its your choice. but on the flip side , there are some people as i d=said before that take it over the limit and it messes with their life. gaming on a homefront for entertainment is one thing but when you start neglecting responsibilities in order to Game then its a problem.  But hey man , ya have to enjoy yourself in this life and if gaming helps you wind down from stresses then its all good money but if you let the game dictate your livelyhood and negates your progress and take over and resposibilities take a backseat then its something a person should really take a step back and look at seriously in what they are doing . Games are not cvhildish, but they surely do let you always feel the youth and have fun with the imagination.GAME ON! ::salute::

Nothing but the truth brotha...  :thumbsup:

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2011, 04:35:44 PM »
and the truth will set you free brotha! lol
 >:-(-|
i was looking for you on xbl last night man . lol . i am gettin on later on so hopefully i see ya around there and yoooooooooooooooooo i got the message man! you are hilarious bro! :D

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2011, 05:44:51 PM »

I didn't go online last night. I got caught up updating my MAME32, but I'll join in later tonight. I'm happy that you finally got a mic. We gotta put that to the test. Plus, I'm itching for some MvC3... :o

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 07:01:29 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2011, 05:57:57 PM »
Yeah, I'ma be there myself.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2011, 06:07:03 PM »
Yeah, I'ma be there myself.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW !!!!!!!!!!!!   XD||

Niiiiiiice !!!!!!   >:D

Looking forward to it...  :w00t:

PS. I love your new Avatar and Sig. Castle Crashers is one of my favorite games...  :thumbsup:

« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 06:12:08 PM by C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle »

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2011, 06:39:45 PM »
I look forward to getting my butt kicked again ( or me kicking some wesker around .....hopefully  [-O<) and enjoying some cool laughs with you bros. :thumbsup:

Offline Slivern

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:April 28, 2024, 05:51:39 PM
  • WE ARE NESTS: THE NEW WORLD ORDER
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2011, 06:58:26 PM »
Someone should make a Flash MUGEN....but that's going to be difficult XD

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2011, 11:59:44 PM »
I look forward to getting my butt kicked again ( or me kicking some wesker around .....hopefully  [-O<) and enjoying some cool laughs with you bros. :thumbsup:

I'm online on XBL MvC3 if anyone wants to join... :w00t:

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2011, 12:00:15 AM »

I'm online on XBL MvC3 if anyone wants to join... :w00t:

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar