collapse

Author Topic: Creators Quitting M.U.G.E.N for Flash Games  (Read 2676 times)

Offline SolidZone 26

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 07, 2021, 06:18:18 AM
  • My avatar is back...
    • Email
Creators Quitting M.U.G.E.N for Flash Games
« on: March 09, 2011, 11:38:53 PM »
Just recently, I've been seeing a couple of M.U.G.E.N creators quitting M.U.G.E.N to make flash games. In my personal opinion, I think it's a stupid hobby. I'm not counting movies and animations, just games. In my personal preference, I don't like making something that takes days to make and last only a few minutes to play. If I quit M.U.G.E.N for example, I would've make stuff for Garry's Mod instead. I prefer to make stuff for a game that you can customize because you can change it up however you want it so it has more replay value. I know it's their choice but I think it would be a bad hobby because it will get boring very quickly. If they want to make games, they should make good ones that last hours like N64Mario's Megaman game engine. What do you guys think? I like to know why flash games over other different hobbies.

Edit: I hope I didn't put this in the wrong area of the "General Discussion" board. I was thinking of putting this in the "SPAM Games" board, but I'm not sure if that's the right one. If it is, can someone move it for me?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 11:52:31 PM by SolidZone 26 »

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 28, 2024, 10:32:37 AM
  • If you see this, I'm alive!
Re: Creators Quitting M.U.G.E.N for Flash Games
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 11:46:41 PM »
Flash games = less trolls and haters...well to me really...

I...just don't care...

Creators quit mainly because of others stealing their work or because of trolls and haters. One by one, each troll throws a fit about something and pray the creator quits. Its like osme sort of virus, only thing is, you cant get rid of em not matter what...

Flash Games? Well...I dont know...most Ive seen arent what I thought but some are cool...
(click to show/hide)
zzz...I'm top tier...screw you Doom and Wesker...zzz

Offline Luigi-Master

• Skull fetishist
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:December 08, 2013, 03:47:08 AM
  • Soviet enthusiast
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 12:02:15 AM »
Creators quit mainly because of others stealing their work or because of trolls and haters. One by one, each troll throws a fit about something and pray the creator quits. Its like osme sort of virus, only thing is, you cant get rid of em not matter what...

Or you could always not let it get to you.  Once they realize that it strikes a chord, they won't stop.  Just develop a "whatever" attitude to anything.  Works wonders.

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 12:00:37 AM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 12:04:54 AM »
You can make a career out of flash games, so it can be useful to switch to flash games.. though I think creators shouldnt up and quit making MUGEN creations.. I think one or two a year on the side is still good at the very least... Creating MUGEN creations has sort of died for me too.. I mean.. I'm working on a few things in secret still... but like.. I haven't done anything with this one creation in a few months because of life... and work.. lol.. I finally got a job last month. Companies (like game design, web design, and marketing companies) actually look for people who can make useful things like flash games.

I'm actually working on learning actionscript myself so I can make said games. Also Game Maker is a really really good start if you want to start making some games. There are some very helpful books to get you started with both game maker and flash games. For flash games, I recommend actionscript 3.0 books. For game maker.. there are more specific books for that program. If you want to get started with flash games though, I'll send ya a few books I'm learning from. I recommend starting with the first one first.

http://www.amazon.com/Foundation-Game-Design-Flash-Foundations/dp/1430218215/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1299733435&sr=8-1

(Might be a CS5 version.. idk..)

http://www.amazon.com/ActionScript-3-0-Game-Programming-University/dp/0789747324/ref=pd_sim_b_3

Offline SolidZone 26

• Forum Member
  • My avatar is back...
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 12:23:46 AM »
Flash games = less trolls and haters...well to me really...

I...just don't care...

Flash Games? Well...I dont know...most Ive seen arent what I thought but some are cool...
Still, they should consider on what they are doing with their life. There's just better hobbies out there that are more fun and exciting. Like making comedy videos on YouTube, making music, making parodies of famous artists, etc.

To be honest, I don't steal and I am trying to make a character with that template you sent me months ago. With the time I have of my life because of studies, I can't. If I was in college (In a couple of months, I will be), that would make it more easier for me. But then I would have to update my characters to 1.0 because probably no one will use Winmugen anymore at that time. At least I'll try and make one before I quit.

Some flash games are good, but I'm talking about ones made by M.U.G.E.N creators. The first time they make it, it's too short. Once people play and finish it, they will never play it again. Just stating the facts.

You can make a career out of flash games, so it can be useful to switch to flash games.. though I think creators shouldnt up and quit making MUGEN creations.. I think one or two a year on the side is still good at the very least... Creating MUGEN creations has sort of died for me too.. I mean.. I'm working on a few things in secret still... but like.. I haven't done anything with this one creation in a few months because of life... and work.. lol.. I finally got a job last month. Companies (like game design, web design, and marketing companies) actually look for people who can make useful things like flash games.

I'm actually working on learning actionscript myself so I can make said games. Also Game Maker is a really really good start if you want to start making some games. There are some very helpful books to get you started with both game maker and flash games. For flash games, I recommend actionscript 3.0 books. For game maker.. there are more specific books for that program. If you want to get started with flash games though, I'll send ya a few books I'm learning from. I recommend starting with the first one first.

http://www.amazon.com/Foundation-Game-Design-Flash-Foundations/dp/1430218215/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1299733435&sr=8-1

(Might be a CS5 version.. idk..)

http://www.amazon.com/ActionScript-3-0-Game-Programming-University/dp/0789747324/ref=pd_sim_b_3
No other people think of using flash games this way. They quit and make them like move your character your playing as and survive or use strategic methods to move your army and defeat the enemy. I just wish more creators use flash game programs to make sprites for their characters/stages. That's what I would use them for.

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 26, 2024, 02:34:14 PM
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 12:35:18 AM »
So, pretty much trying to say Mugen is better than flash games.? And wondering why some Mugen creators are leaving to flash games.? Well, I personally agree that Mugen is better over flash games but a lot of other hobbies are better than Mugen. Everyone has their preferences and as you said, they're hobbies. You're gonna do what you love to do, who cares what anyone else thinks.? No one's getting paid for it anyways.

If you ask me though, you could probably apply what you learn through flash games much better out in the real world then you could with anything Mugen related. Can't say this for sure as I'm not a coder but still, chances are that.

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 12:59:08 AM »
ahhhhh here is something i can actually bring a lil bit of my know how into. well its like this.:

Flash games and mugen game creations both are hobbies, and with said both also can lead to careers depending on wether you wanna pursue one and then also if a company wants to take you  . so you have to submit credible work.Companies look more close at flash games as they are intergratble to other hardware into the multimedia side of the coin. Mugen on the other side, is not cause you really can get sued for distribution of said mugen works. Flash games can be applied in apps and there are some people and companies that make and sponser flash type media. Its boils down to wether you wanna take that route. I have some close friends i grew up with and worked from the game indusry from long ago who still work for companies making games for a living and they do also make flash media wether games or video. So for a mugen creator it could be a step into a different direction but its also still considered a hobby but its their choice on what to do. as said, everyone has their preferences. I favor a full mugen game rather than a mugen flash game, but there are some really cool flash fighting games. :thumbsup:

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 01:45:54 AM »
You can make a career out of flash games, so it can be useful to switch to flash games..

Yep just look at Shank..Thats pretty much a Flash game..done in cool fashion that is

Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 01:50:48 AM »
Yep just look at Shank..Thats pretty much a Flash game..done in cool fashion that is

yo i saw this game not too long ago and i loved everything about it. i hope this is XBL cause if is....i am getting it!!!

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 01:52:53 AM »
yo i saw this game not too long ago and i loved everything about it. i hope this is XBL cause if is....i am getting it!!!

It is.

DLC
:thumbsup:
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 12:00:37 AM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2011, 02:50:27 AM »
& it is on Steam for PC. =D

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 02:54:43 AM »
And PSN! Yay! Everyone can own it!

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 07:01:29 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2011, 04:02:55 AM »
Incoming Flash Game:

Greatest flash game ever.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 01, 2015, 10:02:57 PM
  • Proud Member of C.R.O.M. Visit My YouTube Channel
    • Visit My YouTube Channel
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2011, 04:09:19 AM »

You guys have convinced me. I'm buying both Shank and Scott Pilgrim games and playing them this weekend...  :thumbsup:

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2011, 04:41:09 AM »
i got a long scott pigrim demo, best flash i ever played with splosion man in close second.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2011, 10:12:25 AM »
I think we should all drop mugen and pick up a fricken book, and I'm not talking about a Marvel trade paperback.

Just like my old pal Beast here:
 :rules:

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2011, 11:06:02 AM »
Like "American Gods" by Neil Gaiman, or Brad Meltzers "Book of Lies", or "Dark Entries" by ian Rankin ;)

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2011, 11:09:15 AM »
Like "American Gods" by Neil Gaiman, or Brad Meltzers "Book of Lies", or "Dark Entries" by ian Rankin ;)

Brad Meltzer's The Zero Game was great. Neil Gaiman's The Graveyeard Book was fun too!

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2011, 11:50:22 AM »
No better way to kill interest in a thread with todays youth than to start talking about "books"

:DxDie

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2011, 01:56:28 PM »
No better way to kill interest in a thread with todays youth than to start talking about "books"

:DxDie

True, true, next time there's a hate thread remind me to start talking about novels in order to kill the thread.

(Face it Ziq, we're old)

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2011, 02:08:01 PM »
Ha i am older than both of you and i agree , kill hate threads with novel talk, . now i really got to get with this whole Ebook thing going around, oh lawd, now i feel really old cause i havent even read an E book yet. sticking to old busted hardbacks.....Opens "Flowers in the Attic" novel.

Offline SolidZone 26

• Forum Member
  • My avatar is back...
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2011, 05:16:27 PM »
So, pretty much trying to say Mugen is better than flash games.? And wondering why some Mugen creators are leaving to flash games.? Well, I personally agree that Mugen is better over flash games but a lot of other hobbies are better than Mugen. Everyone has their preferences and as you said, they're hobbies. You're gonna do what you love to do, who cares what anyone else thinks.? No one's getting paid for it anyways.

If you ask me though, you could probably apply what you learn through flash games much better out in the real world then you could with anything Mugen related. Can't say this for sure as I'm not a coder but still, chances are that.
I'm not saying M.U.G.E.N is better than flash games, I'm saying that they are other things that are better than flash games. I really don't care what hobbies do they want to do after M.U.G.E.N. I made this topic to ask people why choose flash games over other different hobbies. Because are some of them impossible? Hard? Not really suits your area? Etc.

True, true, next time there's a hate thread remind me to start talking about novels in order to kill the thread.
Writing your own stories is also a good hobby too. I even have a good story in mind, but never announced it in public yet. :P

Incoming Flash Game:

If M.U.G.E.N creators can make flash games this good, then I'll admit what I said. Games that last for hours are always better than games that last for minutes. Even this flash game I know can last a few hours. Which is called "Angry Birds":

On the IPhone/IPod Touch and PSN.

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2011, 05:22:21 PM »
Ha i am older than both of you and i agree , kill hate threads with novel talk, . now i really got to get with this whole Ebook thing going around, oh lawd, now i feel really old cause i havent even read an E book yet. sticking to old busted hardbacks.....Opens "Flowers in the Attic" novel.
I tried the Ebook thing. Couldn't hold my attention like paper though.
next time there's a hate thread remind me to start talking about novels in order to kill the thread.

I like that idea. :D
Incoming Flash Game:

Yeah, I got that on PS3. Haven't even seen the movie or read the mangas yet, but the game is fun.

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2011, 12:19:00 AM »
I will advocate that trades, and Graphic Novels are still legit means of reading if you choose wisely. Neil Gaimans Sandman is the only trade to win the world phantasy awards, and along with Watchman, and Dark Knight Returns are the only Graphic Novels to become New York Times Best Sellers (cough, all DC, cough)

Brian Micheal Bendis's "Torso" is one of the best graphic novels I've read by Image.

The Crow is a must read, and if you can find them (theyr rare) The trades of the 1st few years of TMNT will blow your mind.

I just hope that Marvel will eventually release Miracle/Marvel Man collected trades so they can have a classic on their hands even though it was a Comico Comics title. Sadly I doubt Alan Moore will allow it.

Walking Dead, Madman, The Tick, Maus, Cerebus, Concrete, Mr Monster, Love & Rockets, American Splendor, and Tank Girl are indy books that all will expand your mind as a reader.

Even the early Graphics like Ronin, Death of Captain Marvel, X-Men-God Loves Man Kills, Robotech, Darkseid/DarkPhoenix were an amazing start to this wonderful mediumn that changed the face of writing

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 28, 2024, 10:32:37 AM
  • If you see this, I'm alive!
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2011, 12:45:09 AM »
Wait hold up...why is everything off topic? That just makes the thread...well...kinda useless now...
(click to show/hide)
zzz...I'm top tier...screw you Doom and Wesker...zzz

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar