collapse

Author Topic: Open letter to the forum about Rule #1  (Read 2223 times)

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 09, 2024, 03:17:05 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
Open letter to the forum about Rule #1
« on: August 06, 2009, 03:07:15 PM »
I'm gonna lay this out as an open letter to everyone on this forum in regards to the language problem some of you have. I'm also posting this here because I want everyone to see it.

It's clearly stated in Forum rules, in fact it's rule 1:

"No discrimination, swearing or rude behavior allowed".

There are filters in place, but that doesn't mean that you should simply rely on them to do your work for you. It's up to you to censor yourself.

The Spam Section is still a part of the forum and as such, the forum rules still apply.

The spam section is not "Random Insanity", it is not "All That's Left", it is a random section for OUR forum.

Now for anybody who has concerns or complains:

You got problems with the forum rules here, don't post. It's that simple.

You wanna call us soft, fine. We've openly admitted since day one and continue to state that this forum is family-friendly.

You wanna get mad because we don't behave like other forums and let you say whatever is on your mind however you wanna say it -swear words and all-, that is pretty childish on your part. just because this it "the internet" doesn't give you the right to act how you want in other people's space.

You wanna break rules because you feel you're entitled to do so, you will receive reprimands because we ARE entitled to do so.

We run it how we run it. You got problems, TFB for you.

(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline DukeNukem 2417

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 03, 2021, 09:23:56 AM
    • Email
Re: Open letter to the forum about Rule #1
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 03:32:59 PM »
I half expected that one to end with "SO SAY WE ALL!"  Still, it's a great idea to remind everyone that the forums aren't for flaming the bejeezus out of everyone else.   ^^(PM)^  G Lux, I thank you for reminding the readers of the IMT forums that maturity doesn't just mean tossing a couple dozen F-bombs around in every post----it's the self-control that reminds us not to. 

SO SAY WE ALL!

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 05:02:06 PM »
I for one am glad this was brought to attention . Many members here have thought the spam section is the " do whatever you want " section . If I warned someone for flaming & dropping F bombs in that section , I always get responses " its' spam , we can do that in this section "   

So it's cool this was finally posted .  ^^(PM)^
Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 07:02:56 PM »
I'm gonna lay this out as an open letter to everyone on this forum in regards to the language problem some of you have. I'm also posting this here because I want everyone to see it.

It's clearly stated in Forum rules, in fact it's rule 1:

"No discrimination, swearing or rude behavior allowed".

There are filters in place, but that doesn't mean that you should simply rely on them to do your work for you. It's up to you to censor yourself.

The Spam Section is still a part of the forum and as such, the forum rules still apply.

The spam section is not "Random Insanity", it is not "All That's Left", it is a random section for OUR forum.

Now for anybody who has concerns or complains:

You got problems with the forum rules here, don't post. It's that simple.

You wanna call us soft, fine. We've openly admitted since day one and continue to state that this forum is family-friendly.

You wanna get mad because we don't behave like other forums and let you say whatever is on your mind however you wanna say it -swear words and all-, that is pretty childish on your part. just because this it "the internet" doesn't give you the right to act how you want in other people's space.

You wanna break rules because you feel you're entitled to do so, you will receive reprimands because we ARE entitled to do so.

We run it how we run it. You got problems, TFB for you.

Getting pm's about me enforcing rule 1 i take it huh lol.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 09, 2024, 03:17:05 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 07:23:23 PM »
Getting pm's about me enforcing rule 1 i take it huh lol.

Actually, no. This is an observation I've made on my own. There are a few people I had in mind, but there's no real reason to outrightly incriminate anyone.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 08:15:01 PM »
Ok the pm's i get back are often of people thinking im being overbord and extreme with my censoring.

Offline Ohsky

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:September 23, 2013, 09:32:07 AM
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 08:19:42 PM »
this is a good place only because it´s not mugen infantry and mugen fighters guild, that simple. No matters if it´s filled with mvc crap (just a personal opinion because i dont like mvc). the ambient and respect towards others is really fine and that makes me not to want to be a troll. That´s something. Congrats.
Open source Custom Sf3 Gouken sprites, in the open source section.

Offline Marancv

• Spriting Masta and
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 05, 2019, 01:31:04 PM
  • Check out My NEW SITE! ;P
    • marancv's Hidden Place
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 07:40:35 PM »
Good.

In the intelligence of this, from now on the Rule #1 should be taken more for real, to those who not do so, will be matter of Mod actions.

Respect.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2009, 11:00:44 PM »
The best policy is to respect each other and keep our home here a place where all can come and enjoy what we all accomplosh together. This is the main purpose for the rules and I thank everyone who helps us in this effort, especially the moderators who have the thankless task of watching out for this kind of stuff.

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:August 21, 2016, 08:15:31 AM
  • Get the hell out of my way!
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2009, 04:11:16 AM »
While I don't cuss really or anything, I thought I would bring this up as a question. Why is it ok to post a video or content that has some cussing (not over board like lets say AVGN) and not have cussing at all by members? It isn't family friendly when in this thread http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/Forum_345/index.php?topic=12105.0 the first video you see the F bomb in big green letters and in another video there are 3-4 still scenes of stick figures in sexual positions. Yes I understand I know you go all Nazi and clamp down on all content that could be offensive, but sometimes I can't help think "if you want to make it a family friend fourm, why is certain content allowed?"
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 04:29:18 AM by Theendgamelv3 »

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 17, 2024, 07:32:35 PM
    • Excursion's Corner
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2009, 06:39:19 AM »
It isn't allowed but a forum as large as this one, video's with that kind of content will slip by us from time to time. There is a "Report to Moderator" link on every single forum post and it is there for you to help us spot these types and kinds of things. If it's breaking a rule, report it to us and we will take care of it in due time.

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2009, 08:47:05 AM »
While I don't cuss really or anything, I thought I would bring this up as a question. Why is it ok to post a video or content that has some cussing (not over board like lets say AVGN) and not have cussing at all by members? It isn't family friendly when in this thread http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/Forum_345/index.php?topic=12105.0 the first video you see the F bomb in big green letters and in another video there are 3-4 still scenes of stick figures in sexual positions. Yes I understand I know you go all Nazi and clamp down on all content that could be offensive, but sometimes I can't help think "if you want to make it a family friend fourm, why is certain content allowed?"

You must have missed when people were talking about the avgn and posting his videos and i removed them all and they got mad at me.
Ive also moved that topic your pointing at to the dump, cuz it was full of inappropate videos.
When I notice them, i do something about it, but like EX said, they can slip by ya very easly. If you notice something is a violation, please use the report to moderator link thats at the bottom of every post.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2009, 10:08:18 AM »
People get mad when moded, they also get over it.  :-??

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2009, 11:45:33 AM »
Yes , we try to remove inappropriate videos . But like Excursion mentioned , a forum this big sometimes things get overlooked . We appreciate all those hit use the " report to mod " response , to keep us aware of things we missed .

(click to show/hide)

Offline DukeNukem 2417

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 03, 2021, 09:23:56 AM
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2009, 10:24:02 AM »
this is a good place only because it´s not mugen infantry and mugen fighters guild, that simple. No matters if it´s filled with mvc crap (just a personal opinion because i dont like mvc). the ambient and respect towards others is really fine and that makes me not to want to be a troll. That´s something. Congrats.

It's not just Mugen Infantry and Mugen Fighters Guild that are completely insane; one site (which shall remain nameless, although I will say that it contains the word ucoz in its domain name) has people posting profanity-filled requests for downloads and other such stuff.

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2009, 05:31:48 PM »
I hate to say this, but that topic was made a sticky and was made by a mod (maybe they weren't a mod at the time), so I assumed mild cussing in videos was allowed due to the fact it had a mod who made it and was sticky. I wasn't trying to get that thread moved or tried to get anyone in trouble, I was just curious if videos with somewhat milder content than AVGN (I was there Spidermew, it was one of the reasons why I posted here in the first place) were allowed. I certainly don't want to get in trouble by accidentally posting what I think is a ok video to realize it is against the rules.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 05:44:27 PM by Theendgamelv3 »

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2009, 08:18:53 PM »
@Theendgamelv3:you do have a point there,but keep in mind this...
AVGN bases his videos in the excessive use of curse words.You can tell moviebob(the GameOverthinker) doesn't base his videos in that,but instead focus on a quick view at the state of videogames as of today

I understand where you are going with that comment  :-"

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2009, 01:43:07 PM »
@Theendgamelv3:you do have a point there,but keep in mind this...
AVGN bases his videos in the excessive use of curse words.You can tell moviebob(the GameOverthinker) doesn't base his videos in that,but instead focus on a quick view at the state of videogames as of today

I understand where you are going with that comment  :-"

Overthinker depicted sex scenes with stick figures in a video however and Spidermew knowing overthinkers vids knows it has content in general that is against the rules and that is why he moved it to the dump. Going by what everyone said here, it seems like any videos with cussing in it isn't allowed even if the focus isn't on being outrageous.

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 19, 2016, 06:01:36 PM
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2009, 04:17:10 PM »
Im glad you posted this G Lux and I like most IMTers agree with this. Because there are some members here that are just plain rude and make derogatory statements to others and that post in some other threads saying a lot of disrespectful things for no apparent reason. I have watched this happen many times over to ppl who didnt deserve it to happen to them for reasons unknown. This is a nice reminder of the rules in a good way.

SIG BY AKEME & ROSALINA BY LG

Offline xPreatorianx

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 08, 2023, 09:35:27 PM
  • I'm done you know where to find me. Click my sig.
    • Deviant-Generation
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2009, 04:24:02 PM »
Im glad you posted this G Lux and I like most IMTers agree with this. Because there are some members here that are just plain rude and make derogatory statements to others and that post in some other threads saying a lot of disrespectful things for no apparent reason. I have watched this happen many times over to ppl who didnt deserve it to happen to them for reasons unknown. This is a nice reminder of the rules in a good way.

Yea I have been trying to curb that myself. Not mini modding but just trying to help people out. I know of one person in general (don't need to name im sure everyone is aware) that I tried to help out because he was getting flamed by a good 5-6 people. So I tired to help him out by suggesting ways to seem more mature then he was to curb the flaming. But my message did not seem to get through to him.

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 19, 2016, 06:01:36 PM
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2009, 04:30:37 PM »
Yea I have been trying to curb that myself. Not mini modding but just trying to help people out. I know of one person in general (don't need to name im sure everyone is aware) that I tried to help out because he was getting flamed by a good 5-6 people. So I tired to help him out by suggesting ways to seem more mature then he was to curb the flaming. But my message did not seem to get through to him.
Oh I think I know who you mean. My saying was meant in general just to let others know. I remember reading your words that day by the way.

SIG BY AKEME & ROSALINA BY LG

Offline xPreatorianx

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 08, 2023, 09:35:27 PM
  • I'm done you know where to find me. Click my sig.
    • Deviant-Generation
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2009, 06:36:00 PM »
Yea, I figured anyone that read my post would instantly know who I was talking about. But yea I tend to try and help people getting flamed when im in a good mood. if im in a bad mood I tend to just ignore it and wait for the mods to sort it out.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2009, 10:25:38 AM »

Like I mentioned before , there is a " report to mod " link to click on at the bottom of posts . It is useful , as we can't catch everything . Any help is appreciated because this is a huge forum .  So if you see something going on , report it & let us know .

Thanx

(click to show/hide)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal