collapse

Author Topic: Harley Quinn  (Read 25077 times)

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 26, 2024, 02:34:14 PM
Re: Harley Quinn
« Reply #325 on: June 20, 2008, 12:45:12 AM »
First off, I'd just like to say that I didn't take any of this offensive. Second, I agree with DT when he said major props to Ex for the teachings he's passed on. Ex is the man when it comes to stances and he could probably improve any stance out there he hasn't already touched down on.

In any case, some people like the size of Harl, others don't agree as much. That's fine by me, as I've said you can't please everyone. First and foremost you need to be proud of your own work before even thinking about what anyone else says. Now, this doesn't mean I don't listen to criticism and advice, I've actually taken stuff people have mentioned. As is, this is her size and this is how her legs will look (as it seems that the legs are the main prob with anyone mentioning weight). Now, that doesn't mean I won't give a shot at slimming her down some more later on, I just didn't wanna take weeks/months to do so this time around. I've been working on her for a month or two less then a year now. I've done her sprites and redone them over and over as I'm sure that's the way it goes with first creations and we learn. I'm sure she'll be getting a new stance though or at least building further on the one she has. I'm sure she'll get a new select/hyper pic as well. Hell, she has three of each at the moment (possibly four or five even) but I'll keep trying to see if I find better ones. I personally like the hyper pic (though it needs touching up and some fixing) but I know the select pic should be changed. Just at the moment, I don't have as much time as I use to and I'm busting my @ss (as I'm sure Alex is as well) during my actual free time to have a beta for you guys in July.

I would like to say though that the weight issue for Harl isn't really a touchy subject, if you're doing it as constructive criticism. Well, it can be but mostly between DT and myself. Not saying it in disrespect or anything, but a lot of arguments got built from the subject and further expanded. So, there was a feud between us there for awhile as I'm sure most of you know. DT has made his point that he would of gone with another base, and that's completely fine. The problem was, I wasn't gonna scrap months upon months of work and start over. We just have different views on the matter is all, as I'm sure most everyone does.

Just, when it all comes down to it, keep one thing in mind. Do what YOU love, and f*ck the rest. :)

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 03, 2024, 04:36:18 PM
    • Excursion's Corner
    • Email
« Reply #326 on: June 20, 2008, 12:48:31 AM »
You dudes give me too much credit..  :-[

Anyone can do what I do with time, patience, persistence... a little passion and a splash of dedication. That's a good recipe for a experience and talent gained for a new stance.

Offline malisiousjoe

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:November 27, 2011, 10:33:23 PM
  • Stop your crying!!!
« Reply #327 on: June 20, 2008, 09:37:28 AM »
If you feel that the char (Harley) looks good "as is" I'm with ya. After all she is your char afterall. I don't believe you have much anti-constructive critisium around here anyway ;D.

Thanks DG!

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #328 on: June 20, 2008, 10:59:34 AM »
You dudes give me too much credit..  :-[

Anyone can do what I do with time, patience, persistence... a little passion and a splash of dedication. That's a good recipe for a experience and talent gained for a new stance.

Dude , Medieval Spawn's animations would not look half as good if it wasn't for your tutilege . zarro's harley/mika stance was absolutely terrible until you worked with him .

You showed us the light . That's the point sometimes it's hard to figure out things on your own . You lead us to water by letting us watch you drink

Props to you bro .

@ zarro

Dude , I wasn't starting this sh*t up again . If you read my posts I was actually sticking up for you on this . I realized after some thought you had a vision of what she should be . Do I or anyone else have to agree with your interpetation of her ? Of course not . That's why it's your vision & not mine or someone elses . If someone wants a better harley , "in their vision " They can make it . This is yours . So no sense digging up the past .

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #329 on: June 20, 2008, 11:03:57 AM »
I dont think Zarro thought you were dredging up old wounds, and trust me he knew you were trying to help. I think he just wanted to say he understands your opinion, he just felt the delivery was a little rough in the past.

Thats all old news anyway.

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #330 on: June 20, 2008, 03:47:34 PM »
I dont think Zarro thought you were dredging up old wounds, and trust me he knew you were trying to help. I think he just wanted to say he understands your opinion, he just felt the delivery was a little rough in the past.

Thats all old news anyway.
^Exactly. I wasn't trying to bring up the past to argue or anything, that's why in my post I said with no disrespect. Just saying it can be a touchy issue if it's not under constructive criticism is all. And I did point out everyone has their own view on things and it's fine. Just saying my opinion on the matter is all.

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Akeme

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:March 15, 2010, 11:16:35 PM
« Reply #331 on: June 22, 2008, 05:35:51 AM »
Cant wait to see more of harley ;)

"Since when thy become the bad guy"

Offline umarboy1991

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 06, 2014, 07:48:57 AM
    • Email
« Reply #332 on: July 06, 2008, 07:01:20 AM »
when was she going to be released?

Offline Weapon x program

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 16, 2015, 12:38:11 PM
  • welcome
« Reply #333 on: July 06, 2008, 07:24:47 AM »
by the end of the month ^-^

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #334 on: July 06, 2008, 07:29:52 AM »
Can't wait

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline thefisherkings

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 01, 2012, 07:28:44 PM
  • Jesus Saves!
« Reply #335 on: July 10, 2008, 02:14:28 PM »
And if you need more time we can wait
This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life!

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #336 on: July 10, 2008, 05:31:55 PM »
Its getting there. Sprites are almost done, and there 1 or 2 things to code before the 1st beta is ready. After you see joker released figure 1-2 weeks later Harley will hit.

Offline J.C.McMinis

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:March 16, 2011, 03:56:49 AM
  • All American Father
    • Email
« Reply #337 on: July 10, 2008, 11:12:13 PM »
Looking good  :thumbsup: am anxiouslly awaiting both Joker & Harley

"If we forget One Nation Under God, then we are a nation gone under" Ronald Regan.

Offline LameLikeMike

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 13, 2011, 01:10:40 AM
« Reply #338 on: July 11, 2008, 12:20:33 AM »
Looking good  :thumbsup: am anxiouslly awaiting both Joker & Harley

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #339 on: August 02, 2008, 02:07:53 AM »
Well, it's past July and obviously Harley isn't out yet. Seems I will need to take a week or two more, as Alex pretty much called when she'd be released right. After Harl, no more deadlines for me, it's been a bit hectic. In any case, I thought I'd show what I'm working on just so you guys see there is still progress being done.

<~ Win Pose (This sprite still needs some touching up.) <~ Hyena striker

All I need is a hand full of sprites. Just three sprites of the Hyena being hit, and some sprites for the win pose/intro (which I will expand upon later, just wanna get it done to release her ASAP). I have a bit of each done already, but my schedule has been pretty busy for like the past two or three months. That's why these sprites are taking so long to make (especially the Hyena was tough to get use to spriting for me). So, just bare with me. ;D

(click to show/hide)

Offline UltraRoboninja

• Contributor
  • Last Login:July 28, 2017, 05:55:15 PM
« Reply #340 on: August 02, 2008, 02:13:58 AM »
As much as I'm looking forward to Harley (I already have a spot reserved for her on my select screen right next to Joker) I'd rather wait an extra few weeks for her to be perfected rather then have you rush her out just to make a deadline that no one is paying you to keep, lol. Take your time and make sure she's up to your standards before you release her.  :thumbsup:

"A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something."
-Plato

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #341 on: August 02, 2008, 07:22:08 AM »
Well, it's past July and obviously Harley isn't out yet. Seems I will need to take a week or two more, as Alex pretty much called when she'd be released right. After Harl, no more deadlines for me, it's been a bit hectic. In any case, I thought I'd show what I'm working on just so you guys see there is still progress being done.

<~ Win Pose (This sprite still needs some touching up.) <~ Hyena striker

All I need is a hand full of sprites. Just three sprites of the Hyena being hit, and some sprites for the win pose/intro (which I will expand upon later, just wanna get it done to release her ASAP). I have a bit of each done already, but my schedule has been pretty busy for like the past two or three months. That's why these sprites are taking so long to make (especially the Hyena was tough to get use to spriting for me). So, just bare with me. ;D

None for me either brotha. Deadlines seem polite to those wondering, but just makes it a pain.

Aside from that though, we kinda ran about 2 weeks behind on everything. All the code will be finished today, then zarro has to check it over, to let me know what needs fixed, then its just finishing the win poses, and intro's (for the beta)

Offline Weapon x program

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 16, 2015, 12:38:11 PM
  • welcome
« Reply #342 on: August 02, 2008, 01:49:27 PM »
love your hyena  :thumbsup:

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #343 on: August 03, 2008, 01:38:42 AM »
It looks A Lot like the female Hyena in Lion king 1.

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #344 on: August 03, 2008, 02:00:03 AM »

Ya know Zarro and I were having coffee one morning, and he was very sober, and I was very hung over, and strung out. I was telling him how the Lion King has a cult following, and if you line it up with the Beatles White Album it totally syncs up.

Well the Joker luvs the song the walrus, so we knew right then the hyena needed to look just like the one in Lion King.

:D :D :D :D :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie

Sorry, just saw Dark knight for the 3rd time so my humor is silly!!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 09:42:31 AM by ALEXZIQ »

Offline ItalianStallion

• Hoodville Certified
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:May 07, 2022, 08:13:31 PM
  • Today you are inspired. Tomorrow you inspire
« Reply #345 on: August 03, 2008, 02:14:24 AM »
yo man shes comin along great. keep it up! by the way.. wats her percentage?

Offline BLue BoMBeR

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 29, 2020, 04:59:08 AM
  • MegaMan #1 Fan
    • Email
« Reply #346 on: August 05, 2008, 08:46:27 AM »

Ya know Zarro and I were having coffee one morning, and he was very sober, and I was very hung over, and strung out. I was telling him how the Lion King has a cult following, and if you line it up with the Beatles White Album it totally syncs up.

Well the Joker luvs the song the walrus, so we knew right then the hyena needed to look just like the one in Lion King.

t-third time? wow....  @-)

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #347 on: August 05, 2008, 10:16:16 AM »

t-third time? wow....  @-)

Even though I hate Ledger as the Joker . I already watched the movie 9 times . The movie itself is that great .

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 21, 2024, 07:31:48 PM
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #348 on: August 05, 2008, 04:24:48 PM »
I don't think Ledger was that bad as the joker, he could have laughed a little more though.  I was hoping for a Harley cameo or something like with what they did for Riddler.  Can't wait to test out this Harley though.   ;D

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #349 on: August 05, 2008, 04:29:53 PM »
I don't think Ledger was that bad as the joker, he could have laughed a little more though.  I was hoping for a Harley cameo or something like with what they did for Riddler.  Can't wait to test out this Harley though.   ;D
Riddler.? Did I miss him or did you get him confused with Mr. Zsaz.? :-??

As for Harl, she's finally coming to close finish. The Hyena is done, the win pose is nearly done, and then on to the intro and a few minor things. Almost here, folks. Thanks for the comments. :thumbsup:

(click to show/hide)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar