collapse

Author Topic: SOTW #3 Voting  (Read 2776 times)

Offline R.I.C.O - Twon

• I llu M ina T i
  • Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:August 25, 2013, 10:18:26 PM
  • WHOOP R.I.C.O!!!
Re: SOTW #3 Voting
« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2009, 06:22:30 PM »
Last week for the Christmas SOTW . CD & I both used the templates . So if you didn't want anyone using templates why didn't you say something then ? You let those get entered & never said anything about it . You never mentioned anything about my Wolverine sig & you put it in this thread as an an entry . But , now that it has become a favorite , you come up with this ? Seems the rules & what everyone will complain about them is going to change every week .
Lol Well lets get to it, let us respond this wonderful paragraph put together by DT:

I've been had a problem with the whole template idea for these Sig of the Weeks ever since the first one when Shinrahunter used it. Why do I have a problem with it you ask, because it is premade (In fact, the one you used I made) and premades are not allowed. But being the nice guy that I am, I did not say anything about it because I thought, "Maybe It is just me", so I decided to just let it go until I feel comfortable with making the restriction. Then comes this Sig of the Week with more people saying the same thing I was thinking two weeks ago. Now I know, it is not "just me". Now I can feel better about not letting people use templates for Sig of the Weeks. If you have a problem with the rules, do not participate. I am not sending you personal messages asking you to participate in these contests. I could really care less if you or anyone else participates or not.
It seems as though (seems=key word) that your head is a little bumped up because you are winning a Infinity Mugen Team Sig of the Week Contest. You know, that is okay though. I guess we all need are egoes boosted by a amateur popularity vote Sig of the Week Contest. I just hope you do not think anyone is jealous of the piece of art you submitted.
OMGZ My e-feelings!!! (cheekslap)

Offline Hunter

• Last Login:February 13, 2012, 12:05:00 PM
  • Damn Birds.......
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2009, 06:31:00 PM »
Well i said it looked rushed no effort put it in at all right so from there wqe go back to last weeks theme where you actually put some skills to use put some animations you know made it look really good all i said was if your are gunna use "templates" try and do some thing more then just copy and paste ok?

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 18, 2010, 11:11:29 PM
  • When i move throught the Ghetto i drive slow
« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2009, 06:31:41 PM »

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2009, 06:45:53 PM »
Lol Well lets get to it, let us respond this wonderful paragraph put together by DT:

I've been had a problem with the whole template idea for these Sig of the Weeks ever since the first one when Shinrahunter used it. Why do I have a problem with it you ask, because it is premade (In fact, the one you used I made) and premades are not allowed. But being the nice guy that I am, I did not say anything about it because I thought, "Maybe It is just me", so I decided to just let it go until I feel comfortable with making the restriction. Then comes this Sig of the Week with more people saying the same thing I was thinking two weeks ago. Now I know, it is not "just me". Now I can feel better about not letting people use templates for Sig of the Weeks. If you have a problem with the rules, do not participate. I am not sending you personal messages asking you to participate in these contests. I could really care less if you or anyone else participates or not.
It seems as though (seems=key word) that your head is a little bumped up because you are winning a Infinity Mugen Team Sig of the Week Contest. You know, that is okay though. I guess we all need are egoes boosted by a amateur popularity vote Sig of the Week Contest. I just hope you do not think anyone is jealous of the piece of art you submitted.

You're still missing the point . No one complained about it last week for the Christmas sig . Because a template did not win . But as soon as you seen them entered ever , you should have said these are illegal & you'll have to submit something else . But you didn't . So they were fine until this one is winning . It seems to me you all are just grasping for excuses .

Now as for the ego statement . It has nothing to do with that . It's the grounds of how all of a sudden someone starts complaining about something out of nowhere . I haven't even said anything about any of this for the most part so how is it an ego thing ?  There's no rush to this .

Working months straight on a Medieval Spawn character & finally watching him jump around on the screen is a rush . That's a hobby & I do it for the shear enjoyment & that's not even an ego thing . It more feeling gratified you finally finished it .

The only reason I even participated in this was because Shinra was trying to boost entries & sent us all PM's .

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline Hunter

• Last Login:February 13, 2012, 12:05:00 PM
  • Damn Birds.......
« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2009, 06:51:47 PM »
You're still missing the point . No one complained about it last week for the Christmas sig . Because a template did not win . But as soon as you seen them entered ever , you should have said these are illegal & you'll have to submit something else . But you didn't . So they were fine until this one is winning . It seems to me you all are just grasping for excuses .

Now as for the ego statement . It has nothing to do with that . It's the grounds of how all of a sudden someone starts complaining about something out of nowhere . I haven't even said anything about any of this for the most part so how is it an ego thing ?  There's no rush to this .

Working months straight on a Medieval Spawn character & finally watching him jump around on the screen is a rush . That's a hobby & I do it for the shear enjoyment & that's not even an ego thing . It more feeling gratified you finally finished it .

The only reason I even participated in this was because Shinra was trying to boost entries & sent us all PM's .

No No YOU[/b} are missing the ponit this week we will allow it but next week we will not its not a signature its a premade not allowed it the contest so if you could plz stop this we would all apreciate this because there is no need we explained are selves and thats all she wrote....

Offline R.I.C.O - Twon

• I llu M ina T i
  • WHOOP R.I.C.O!!!
« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2009, 06:53:19 PM »
But as soon as you seen them entered ever , you should have said these are illegal & you'll have to submit something else . But you didn't.
Well I guess that is where I messed up

thats all she wrote....
I am no sheeee lol

Offline shinrahunter

• The Original Deviant
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:October 22, 2017, 05:52:53 PM
  • Back from the Ether
    • shinrahunter  *or* TwoDrunkDudes
    • Deviant-Generation
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2009, 07:05:45 PM »
haha, you guys are really upset over this huh?
DT, I'm sorry I sent the pm to the guys on our team.... if I'd known you were gonna get this much stick I wouldn't have bothered.

Yes, templates are pre made. So are renders, C4D's, gradients and effects.... so what you want us to do now? Video ourselves making our entries?
I don't mind anonimous entries for future comps if that's what you want but this really isn't a popularity competition, just look at MOTVN's post and you'll see good reasons for each entry to win.
If it was favouritism, I should've voted for DT as he's a part of the deviants... I voted Twon, cos I think his Rhin sig was the best.
Iceman voted for me, I actually thought he'd fallen out with me so there you go...

The reason Sub-zero's got such low voting (YES, I know I only have 4 more) is probably cos it looks like a picture of a model on a white bg with some text and a couple of colours on top....... DT's actually looks like more effort was put in.

As for you Hunter? where's your entry? oh that's right, you didn't enter. Says it all.

I

Offline R.I.C.O - Twon

• I llu M ina T i
  • WHOOP R.I.C.O!!!
« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2009, 07:08:21 PM »
Tough

And I will end it on that

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Neon Light Force Demo by O Ilusionista
[May 06, 2024, 11:54:23 AM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 02, 2024, 09:44:33 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

Get permabanned! VoteKick gets fighters banned in MUGEN! (April Fools 2024) by GTFoxN6Y
[April 01, 2024, 05:25:31 PM]

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal