collapse

Author Topic: Darkwing Duck WIP  (Read 5912 times)

Offline LameLikeMike

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 13, 2011, 01:10:40 AM
Darkwing Duck WIP
« on: July 06, 2008, 09:58:22 PM »
Darkwing Duck . . .
. . . is going to be my first WIP that will eventually have a release (if someone will host him)
I am mainly an artist but am slowly learning to code but im very new to that kind of thing and so i may need help with the coding if anyone is interested and willing. The sprites are fully scratch so it might be a little bit longer than a regular wip, but again i'm new to this so i can't say from experience. i hope you guys like it.

any criticism is welcome, i'm a Graphic Design Major so im used to it and it helps me better myself

« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 04:14:11 AM by LameLikeMike »

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
Re: DWD my first WIP
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 10:08:47 PM »
I used to watch darkwing duck all the time .

You have to do the " I AM THE TERROR THAT FLAPS IN THE NIGHT " etc....... Intro

WIP Looks great . I am going to love this character . Nega Duck next right ...lol

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline Fenix Azul

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:March 01, 2010, 12:36:12 PM
  • Crazy And Epic Stage Creator XD
    • Fenix Mugen
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 10:11:35 PM »
woot  :DxDie i remember that toons, ok the sprite are good but need some shading

Good Luck in this Project LMAO
Fenix Never Die
www.fenixmugen.mi-web.es <- Mi House
www.fenixmugen.mi-web.es/index.html <--Work Hosted On

Offline iDramaboy

• World Of Megman Creator
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:May 13, 2012, 07:46:10 PM
  • Megaman Creator
    • My Forum
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 10:14:05 PM »
i remeber that guy
he was cool
he looks great

Offline pmc1416

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 14, 2013, 10:05:12 PM
  • Kyo is the crap
    • www.youtube.com/pmc1416
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 10:26:11 PM »
If you drew him i giv u That caus DWD is the crap so you gonna make HIS moves custom and everything alright u got my credit bro  ^^(PM)^
Shinrahunter GOOD looks on my Custom sig and Av
PMC Team Adolescentz. Leader KYO.. members. Hayato . Rock . Sakura. Guy . Yun & yang.[/url

Offline LameLikeMike

• Initiate
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 10:44:29 PM »
I used to watch darkwing duck all the time .

You have to do the " I AM THE TERROR THAT FLAPS IN THE NIGHT " etc....... Intro

WIP Looks great . I am going to love this character . Nega Duck next right ...lol
i was thinking that would be the first intro i do, and I planned on making a secondary pallet so you could play as Nega Duck

woot&nbsp; :DxDie i remember that toons, ok the sprite are good but need some shading

Good Luck in this Project LMAO
yeah i avoided shading because, well its easier not to and also to make him relate to the cartoon more, but i did realize i need to shade the underside of the hat and maybe in some other key areas. thnx.

i was thinking of including some of the villians, most likely the fearsome five, for a hyper or ending as well as including launchpad in something.

(the fearsome five are: Nega Duck, Megavolt, Dr. Bushroot, Quackerjack, and The Liquidator)

here he is sporting his enemies clothing
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 12:11:16 AM by LameLikeMike »

Offline LameLikeMike

• Initiate
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 01:31:40 AM »
I just wanted some opinions on this style of walk, it still needs alot of tweaking but i wanna make sure i and others like this walk for DW before commiting the time, thanks for any comments.

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 02:01:20 AM »
ZOMG I love you for starting to make Darkwing Duck! That was one of my favorate shows and one character I could never sprite right. One character ive also wanted to have was Darkwarrior duck from the epp were Quakerjack and Megavolt build The Time Top and Gos axidently gets taken with them to the future, and darkwing as gotten all psychotic punisher style. Perhaps after you make DW, someone with permission, or you if you choose could make Darkwarrior.

Anyhoo, Ide love to host him on my website when he's done. http://freewebs.com/spidermew

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 26, 2024, 02:34:14 PM
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 03:52:12 AM »
Looking great. Really liking that someone's working on DWD as I watched his cartoon growing up and there was so many great characters in the show. Should have a hyper with his dark self from the future when his daughter disappeared and he pretty much claimed marshal law. :)

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline LameLikeMike

• Initiate
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 05:07:33 AM »
Looking great. Really liking that someone's working on DWD as I watched his cartoon growing up and there was so many great characters in the show. Should have a hyper with his dark self from the future when his daughter disappeared and he pretty much claimed marshal law. :)
yeah ive been trying to find episodes so i could get some reference, but i can't find that one online.

here is the block anim i've been working a bit on

Offline nick09

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 21, 2011, 10:16:38 PM
    • Nick09's creations
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2008, 08:22:51 AM »
Wow great job so far. =D>

Offline Sasuke-kun

• Presea Fan and
  • Last Login:October 18, 2013, 01:26:43 PM
  • 50% output should be sufficient...
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2008, 08:26:46 AM »
OMG!!! @-)
Nice W.I.P. man!!! XD||
Is good to see there are still some people that also like old school cartoons like Darwing Duck. ^^(PM)^
Lloyd: Presea, no one can stand against your axe!!!
Presea: The enemy has been defeated. We should move on.
Lloyd: Cold...

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2008, 02:10:52 PM »
yeah ive been trying to find episodes so i could get some reference, but i can't find that one online.

here is the block anim i've been working a bit on

These block sprites are awesome  :thumbsup: Keep doing what you are doing . He should turn out great .

(click to show/hide)

Offline LameLikeMike

• Initiate
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2008, 03:10:19 PM »
    I have some general questions about what people would like to see, if you don't care much about this wip  or DWD than disregard this, I still have alot of work to do before getting to the point where this will be important but thats why i'm asking now. here goes.

1. Should DW have a "Spiderman" swing using his gun, if so than grappling hook or suction cup gun?

2. There was an episode called 'kung fooled' or something where dw goes and visits is "quack fu" master, and they refer a lot to a move called the belly bump,  should this be included at all, if so as a standard attack or only within combos?

3. I found the episode with Dark Warrior Duck should the concept be used for an intro or a hyper, as that i already have some plans for both options.

4. How complex should dw be, as of now i still suck at coding, and if i code him he will be a simple character, should i plan on someone helping me code (or doing all the coding) and therefor make a lot more sprites or should just make him all by myself. 

*i ask #4 because I am new to the community and don't know how common it is for coders to stop what they are doing already to help noobs with their characters.

Offline nick09

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 21, 2011, 10:16:38 PM
    • Nick09's creations
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2008, 03:13:21 PM »
You can always use KFM as a base. ;)

Offline LameLikeMike

• Initiate
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2008, 03:19:17 PM »
You can always use KFM as a base. ;)
i know i just hope to put more into the character than what KFM has to offer.

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2008, 04:43:50 PM »
    I have some general questions about what people would like to see, if you don't care much about this wip  or DWD than disregard this, I still have alot of work to do before getting to the point where this will be important but thats why i'm asking now. here goes.

1. Should DW have a "Spiderman" swing using his gun, if so than grappling hook or suction cup gun?
Yes, I think it should be a suction cup. You could also use this as a throw, the cup grabs someone and he pulls them in like scorpion or tosses them arround like SpiderMan. Both would be great.

2. There was an episode called 'kung fooled' or something where dw goes and visits is "quack fu" master, and they refer a lot to a move called the belly bump,  should this be included at all, if so as a standard attack or only within combos?
Defently include the Belly Bump. It should be a standard move, but be able to be comboed with other moves.

3. I found the episode with Dark Warrior Duck should the concept be used for an intro or a hyper, as that i already have some plans for both options.
Why not make Darkwarrior an "evil mode" for the character, like how with some versions of Ryu if you hold down start and select him, you get evil ryu. This may be tricker to code, but you may be lucky and find someone willing to help if youve got allot of sprites to work with.

4. How complex should dw be, as of now i still suck at coding, and if i code him he will be a simple character, should i plan on someone helping me code (or doing all the coding) and therefor make a lot more sprites or should just make him all by myself. 
I say worry about the sprites right now, make sure those are high quality, and you may find someone willing to code him for you.

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2008, 04:56:12 PM »
exactly...when you have a good sprite base,someone talented as a coder might offer him/herself to help you out and finish the character...many original/edited wips normally start out from the spriting part,so after that it can be coded properly
And welcome to the forum,DWD was one of my fav cartoons on my childhood   :thumbsup:

Offline LameLikeMike

• Initiate
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2008, 05:02:04 PM »
thanks for the input guys, oh and ive been working on some kick anims for dw and im thinking his strong kick will end up being the belly bump, because dw doesn't really seem like the kickin type to me, duck anatomy doesn't really lend itself to high kicks lol.

Offline fer619

• Angry Bird
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:May 18, 2014, 09:32:23 PM
  • ANGRY BIRDZ GONNA DESTROY DEM PIGZ!
    • fer619's Hideout
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2008, 06:06:38 PM »
i'm looking forward to this char. keep it up, LameLikeMike.
(click to show/hide)

Offline pmc1416

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 14, 2013, 10:05:12 PM
  • Kyo is the crap
    • www.youtube.com/pmc1416
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2008, 06:11:49 PM »
Yea it coming along realy good
Shinrahunter GOOD looks on my Custom sig and Av
PMC Team Adolescentz. Leader KYO.. members. Hayato . Rock . Sakura. Guy . Yun & yang.[/url

Offline BEATMASTERMIKE

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:November 23, 2013, 07:30:51 PM
  • SHINKU HADOUKEN真空波動拳!!!
    • Youtube.com
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2008, 06:15:46 PM »
great
優秀な反作用

Offline LameLikeMike

• Initiate
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2008, 07:22:15 PM »
1st of all thanks, its really nice to see people like what im doing, 2nd here is a test anim of dw pulling out his gun.

and 3rd a quick question, what is the best way to do an anim of a projectile with a rope, i am gonna look at spidey sprites but i just wanted to see what is the "best" way
should i do every frame of the ropes possible length or is there another way

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2008, 07:42:05 PM »
1st of all thanks, its really nice to see people like what im doing, 2nd here is a test anim of dw pulling out his gun.

and 3rd a quick question, what is the best way to do an anim of a projectile with a rope, i am gonna look at spidey sprites but i just wanted to see what is the "best" way
should i do every frame of the ropes possible length or is there another way

You can get around things by cutting corners . But the best way to do any animation is to add as many frames as possible . It will make it look very smooth . You seem to have a knack for spriting from scratch , so I would add as many frames as possible if I were you .

(click to show/hide)

Offline LameLikeMike

• Initiate
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2008, 09:01:27 PM »
You can get around things by cutting corners . But the best way to do any animation is to add as many frames as possible . It will make it look very smooth . You seem to have a knack for spriting from scratch , so I would add as many frames as possible if I were you .

srry i should have been more specific, i was talking about, specificly animating the rope, for instance, i thought it might be possible to use a separate animation for the rope and the actual suction cup because the cup will be more or less the same throughout whereas the rope would be changing in every frame.

--i was thinking i could use an animation of the rope with suction-cup for the actual attack, then once the suction-cup hits use, the cup itself as a hitspark and only animate the rope being pulled back.
this doesn't seem necessary to me, but it is the kind of thing i was talking about when i asked if there is a "best way".  i don't know if this would have a better or worse look than just animating a pull back with the cup. 
--i hope that was a bit more clear

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar