collapse

Author Topic: Look at what someone said on mugenguild......  (Read 4490 times)

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
Re: Look at what someone said on mugenguild......
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2008, 02:19:33 PM »
is he/she even a creator?

She has created a few Red Warzard stages .

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2008, 02:54:28 PM »
Probably in part due to the stupid people on infinity mugen who go "lolz nyce sh*t bro" Or "omfg best shyt evaaaa downloading now+1" Every time somebody releases something instead of actual feedback. (This sort of creates an illusion that bad work is actually good. And a creator might end up discarding honest feedback because of it)

Despite all the obviously unnecessary remarks that where made, there is some truth to this. More times there are a gang of posts, I myself have done so b4, where ppl say some sorta "OH poop" kinda deal with emoticons and thats it. Yes, it gets annoying, it happens everywhere and ppl can sy what they want.
Its a forum, what are you gonna do?
 :-??

I do side with the "illusion" part but not towards any author but for mugen in general. In short; this coulda been said w/o dissin anyone.

Kong & IMT
 ::salute::
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:Today at 03:10:11 AM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2008, 04:31:29 PM »
But i will tell you this, they r bad mouthing over their, but watch everybody come over here and try to download the new EOH when it comes out..... See what i mean?......... And as far as Kong oges, if he isn't worried about the comments then BLEEP!!! them... :-??

Agreed, watch them flock with their psuedo-accounts for the sole purpose of snagging a copy for themselves.

You know, I'm not that much of a fan of Kong's stuff either, I'll flat out admit that. But you don't see me going around b!7c#ing about it left and right all over every forum either. I try a release, I don't like it, I chuck it, I leave it at that.

Some people just have nothing better to do than complain or show off how huge they "think" their E-peen is because they want to be heard by someone who might actually give two $#!7$ is all.

Probably in part due to the stupid people on infinity mugen who go "lolz nyce sh*t bro" Or "omfg best shyt evaaaa downloading now+1" Every time somebody releases something instead of actual feedback. (This sort of creates an illusion that bad work is actually good. And a creator might end up discarding honest feedback because of it)

Despite all the obviously unnecessary remarks that where made, there is some truth to this. More times there are a gang of posts, I myself have done so b4, where ppl say some sorta "OH poop" kinda deal with emoticons and thats it. Yes, it gets annoying, it happens everywhere and ppl can sy what they want.
Its a forum, what are you gonna do?
 :-??

Yeah, I wrote a "Today on Why is It?" about that very subject. My first actually.

http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/Forum_345/index.php?topic=7102.msg86137#msg86137
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 04:39:17 PM by G Lux »
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Error Macro

• Never finishes anything
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 30, 2022, 05:37:56 AM
    • :)
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2008, 04:51:47 PM »
You know, I'm not that much of a fan of Kong's stuff either, I'll flat out admit that. But you don't see me going around b!7c#ing about it left and right all over every forum either. I try a release, I don't like it, I chuck it, I leave it at that.
Same here, I don't even comment on it either. Just delete it and move on.

Offline aa250

• CrusaderCast Admin
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 13, 2021, 04:20:33 PM
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2008, 08:21:39 PM »
Agreed, watch them flock with their psuedo-accounts for the sole purpose of snagging a copy for themselves.

Some people just have nothing better to do than complain or show off how huge they "think" their E-peen is because they want to be heard by someone who might actually give two $#!7$ is all.

+1 just kidding. :D exactly G-Lux some people just don't want to chuck it they rather just go around hating and everything. I mean come on a creator took his free time to actually make something to release to the public and then some people just troll it. Now there is a time in all of us when we download something and we think it not good. Some of chunk it some of us don't. It you aint going to say nothing nice don't say nothing at, but for some people it hard for that.LOL

Offline Jesuszilla

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 08, 2015, 08:57:19 PM
  • I'm a fuffy.
    • Trinity MUGEN
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2008, 11:09:24 PM »
@ALEXZIQ Jesuszilla and Ricezilla aren't the same person, but they have similar behavior. I don't respect neither one of them.

No, there's a huge difference. I don't announce crappy creations on a daily basis in an attempt to look important, plus I am able to tell who is awesome, an ability which he lacks.

Also that was a double negative so thanks for respecting me.

Regarding Kong, please, you act as if I'm the worst person when it comes to complaining how terrible he is. I could have torn apart his Rockman like you couldn't imagine, but it seems the community in general did my job for me, so I didn't.

There is no template. Warusaki3 built on top of a similar character, just like Vans and I do.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2008, 11:26:36 PM »
@ALEXZIQ Jesuszilla and Ricezilla aren't the same person, but they have similar behavior. I don't respect neither one of them.

No, there's a huge difference. I don't announce crappy creations on a daily basis in an attempt to look important, plus I am able to tell who is awesome, an ability which he lacks.

Regarding Kong, please, you act as if I'm the worst person when it comes to complaining how terrible he is. I could have torn apart his Rockman like you couldn't imagine, but it seems the community in general did my job for me, so I didn't.

Your kidding me right ? Is this Ricezilla ? Haven't you been banned for life from here ?

G Lux: Quote corrected.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 11:44:35 PM by G Lux »

(click to show/hide)

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2008, 11:28:13 PM »

Your kidding me right ? Is this Ricezilla ? Haven't you been banned for life from here ?

He's not RiceZilla.

G Lux: Quote corrected.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 11:45:38 PM by G Lux »

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:August 21, 2016, 08:15:31 AM
  • Get the hell out of my way!
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2008, 11:36:07 PM »
Why do people even complain about his stuff anymore 8=|. I mean sheesh what is there left to complain about when to some people think he is bad creator. It is usually the same amount of people at the guild and at MI. We get it, you think it is bad.  Do something else besides complaining about Kong's work.

Offline Sasuke-kun

• Presea Fan and
  • Last Login:October 18, 2013, 01:26:43 PM
  • 50% output should be sufficient...
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2008, 11:53:53 PM »
Because other hobbies are getting too expensive... <_<|...|
And hating Kong stuff is for free... 8=|
Lloyd: Presea, no one can stand against your axe!!!
Presea: The enemy has been defeated. We should move on.
Lloyd: Cold...

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2008, 12:03:58 AM »
@DT:[Kira] is better known as Jesuszilla...to give you a reference of his creations,he made CVS Felicia.Ricezilla is the dude that indeed got banned from here because he acted like a jerk
@Theendgamelv3:trolls are always there,regardless being random leechers or "well known" mugen creators... :-w
^^(PM)^ you won the topic

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:August 21, 2016, 08:15:31 AM
  • Get the hell out of my way!
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2008, 12:06:08 AM »

Some of them are creators, I wish they would focus more on making characters then complain.

Offline Tundra

• Co-Founder/Former Member of the Infinity Deviants
  • Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 08:24:14 PM
  • SHEESH!!!
    • Wavy_Lamborghini
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2008, 12:06:46 AM »
The guild. I spit in the face of forum moderaters that don't want to be cool.

Offline shinra358

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:August 16, 2008, 07:20:26 PM
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2008, 12:06:51 AM »

well look who's here. my favorite person in tha whole world.... SAT YO butt DOWN BIATCH!!

Offline Sasuke-kun

• Presea Fan and
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2008, 12:09:07 AM »
Hey...
Calm down before a new flame war start around here please? :-w

Offline shinra358

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:August 16, 2008, 07:20:26 PM
« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2008, 12:10:34 AM »
 XD||

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2008, 12:18:18 AM »
The guild. I spit in the face of forum moderaters that don't want to be cool.

I forgot Carlito was a member here   :-"

Thanx KPT for clearing that up . I thought Rice had come back under a different alias again .  #:-S

Carry on ......

(click to show/hide)

Offline MirageAtoli

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:May 13, 2011, 03:25:23 AM
  • Oh, my Paws and Whiskers!
« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2008, 01:23:12 AM »
plus I am able to tell who is awesome, an ability which he lacks.

Isn't this something that would be subjective?

Regarding Kong, please, you act as if I'm the worst person when it comes to complaining how terrible he is.

When you do complain are you complaining about a user or what character(s) he makes?

Offline Lord Vader

• Restricted Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 19, 2011, 05:59:40 PM
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2008, 02:56:49 AM »
Now even though the attacks against Kong are uncalled for, I do think that Kong has some fault here. Besides the mindless namecalling in the guild and infantry forums, some users have posted that Kong doesn't fix bugs and update his characters as often as other creators (or at all sometimes), but lets others do it for him. I have to agree with this. I think if Kong takes the responsibility for himself, and instead of focusing on the next character immediatly after he finishes one, he should update his characters as much as he can.
Same thing goes with creating characters. He should spend much more time making a character instead of dishing one out since they are always riddled with bugs. I mean it gets annoying posting the same bugs over and over again if he's not listening. There are bugs that I discovered that have been there since he first made some of his characters that STILL have not been fixed. Creators like Warusaki and POTS regularly update their characters which is what Kong should be doing. You don't see them focusing entirely on the next release like Kong. Remember, quality>quantity.

Also, it's not just bugs that make Kong's creations the way they are, but things that make his characters look unprofessional. For example, for Cammy her select portrait isn't even the right color. Also, a lot of his moves are performed a different way than they were in the games. Now some people have said that this makes his characters original. This doesn't make his characters original at all. In fact it confuses the sh*t outta me because I'm trying to perform a move that I once knew how to do, but now I have no f'ing idea how to do it. And the fact that there's no readme to tell you how to do the moves doesn't help either. Super moves can only be performed with A+B and X+Y, not with any combination of kicks or punches? I mean, really, what's the point in changing the moveset? It doesn't make the character any better. Sorry if this sounds like a rant. Also for whoever says that I should change everything myself if I don't like it. Well, honestly, if things are wrong in the first place why should I have to change it? Shouldn't the creator take responsibility and change it him/herself?

PS: Remember this isn't for most of Kong's creations. As I have mentioned before I enjoyed Kong's Pocket Fighters and his first MvC characters like Storm and Omega-Red. But this "rant" (lol) applies to his later MvC creations which haven't been done as well such as M. Bison, Magneto, Juggernaut and Cammy.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 03:13:19 AM by Lord Vader »

Offline Luis/Dshiznet

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 16, 2009, 04:58:10 PM
  • Aaron-sama
    • My myspace
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2008, 03:01:44 AM »

hey whats up kira.

carry one with ur flaming ppl.

Offline Angsty Meier Link

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:November 05, 2023, 10:00:57 PM
  • The angst that drives us mad moves us forward...
    • My Mugen Vids
« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2008, 04:15:48 AM »
Now even though the attacks against Kong are uncalled for, I do think that Kong has some fault here. Besides the mindless namecalling in the guild and infantry forums, some users have posted that Kong doesn't fix bugs and update his characters as often as other creators (or at all sometimes), but lets others do it for him. I have to agree with this. I think if Kong takes the responsibility for himself, and instead of focusing on the next character immediatly after he finishes one, he should update his characters as much as he can.
Same thing goes with creating characters. He should spend much more time making a character instead of dishing one out since they are always riddled with bugs. I mean it gets annoying posting the same bugs over and over again if he's not listening. There are bugs that I discovered that have been there since he first made some of his characters that STILL have not been fixed. Creators like Warusaki and POTS regularly update their characters which is what Kong should be doing. You don't see them focusing entirely on the next release like Kong. Remember, quality>quantity.

Also, it's not just bugs that make Kong's creations the way they are, but things that make his characters look unprofessional. For example, for Cammy her select portrait isn't even the right color. Also, a lot of his moves are performed a different way than they were in the games. Now some people have said that this makes his characters original. This doesn't make his characters original at all. In fact it confuses the sh*t outta me because I'm trying to perform a move that I once knew how to do, but now I have no f'ing idea how to do it. And the fact that there's no readme to tell you how to do the moves doesn't help either. Super moves can only be performed with A+B and X+Y, not with any combination of kicks or punches? I mean, really, what's the point in changing the moveset? It doesn't make the character any better. Sorry if this sounds like a rant. Also for whoever says that I should change everything myself if I don't like it. Well, honestly, if things are wrong in the first place why should I have to change it? Shouldn't the creator take responsibility and change it him/herself?

PS: Remember this isn't for most of Kong's creations. As I have mentioned before I enjoyed Kong's Pocket Fighters and his first MvC characters like Storm and Omega-Red. But this "rant" (lol) applies to his later MvC creations which haven't been done as well such as M. Bison, Magneto, Juggernaut and Cammy.

Well to remind you that Mugen is just a hobby, why the hell should Kong adhere to any kind of standards? Why should he pander to anyone that says "this is what mugen characters should be like"? So what he changed the move set? So what its not like most mugen characters that are rigid and standard? Shouldn't this be something that is recognizable in a good way? How the hell can you discriminate against a creator that has a unique vision of his characters? Its taking a risk that a lot of mugen creators are afraid to if you ask me. And as for bugs, he puts it out, says here it is, and then says do what you want with it basically, on an acceptable level. He puts all his work out for the public to use, all his hard work. You know its not too hard to change the x+y to y+z if your so unhappy with that. You want to criticize, put something really f**k** good under your belt first.

Edit: Sorry Lord Vader I'm not tryin to single you out, this is a comment for everyone that should have this said to them.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 04:40:11 AM by Angsty Meier Link »

Offline Lord Vader

• Restricted Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 19, 2011, 05:59:40 PM
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2008, 04:48:17 AM »

Well to remind you that Mugen is just a hobby, why the hell should Kong adhere to any kind of standards? Why should he pander to anyone that says "this is what mugen characters should be like"? So what he changed the move set? So what its not like most mugen characters that are rigid and standard? Shouldn't this be something that is recognizable in a good way? How the hell can you discriminate against a creator that has a unique vision of his characters? Its taking a risk that a lot of mugen creators are afraid to if you ask me. And as for bugs, he puts it out, says here it is, and then says do what you want with it basically, on an acceptable level. He puts all his work out for the public to use, all his hard work. You know its not too hard to change the x+y to y+z if your so unhappy with that. You want to criticize, put something really f**k** good under your belt first.

Edit: Sorry Lord Vader I'm not tryin to single you out, this is a comment for everyone that should have this said to them.

If he doesn't want to adhere to any standards, then he won't and I can't change that. However, if he wants to gain a respectable position within the community instead of being bashed like he does at the previously mentioned forums, he should change his characters. Again, no one can force him but it's in his best interest to take into consideration what other people are getting annoyed at concerning his characters. And about the moveset, I find no reason whatsoever to change the commands for the moveset. I'm sorry but it's just plain stupid and idiotic. Nothing good comes out of it and it's certainly not anything innovative, and it makes things confusing, annoying, and complicated. Also, I could go into the command list and change the commands myself. However, why should I be doing this when it's the creator's job to take responsibility for his creations? Also, what if the person downloading is completely new and doesn't know how to change the command list? And I suggest you improve your attitude before you drop the f-bomb on me again.

Offline Angsty Meier Link

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:November 05, 2023, 10:00:57 PM
  • The angst that drives us mad moves us forward...
    • My Mugen Vids
« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2008, 05:04:41 AM »
If he doesn't want to adhere to any standards, then he won't and I can't change that. However, if he wants to gain a respectable position within the community instead of being bashed like he does at the previously mentioned forums, he should change his characters. Again, no one can force him but it's in his best interest to take into consideration what other people are getting annoyed at concerning his characters. And about the moveset, I find no reason whatsoever to change the commands for the moveset. I'm sorry but it's just plain stupid and idiotic. Nothing good comes out of it and it's certainly not anything innovative, and it makes things confusing, annoying, and complicated. Also, I could go into the command list and change the commands myself. However, why should I be doing this when it's the creator's job to take responsibility for his creations? Also, what if the person downloading is completely new and doesn't know how to change the command list? And I suggest you improve your attitude before you drop the f-bomb on me again.
Mmmm... so wrong... sorry.

Offline yamblack

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:March 16, 2010, 11:50:15 PM
« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2008, 05:15:54 AM »

well look who's here. my favorite person in tha whole world.... SAT YO @$$ DOWN BIATCH!!
lol black people.

Offline Sasuke-kun

• Presea Fan and
« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2008, 08:59:30 AM »
For God sake!!!
I'm really getting tired of all this useless conversation...

1) He (Or any other creator) doesn't need to keep any original standards made by the companies (Capcom, SNK, etc.) since he doesn't work for any of them and isn't getting paid either.

2) He doesn't care about a respectable position and getting or gaining fame in the community like almost all the drama queens that are out there on the same business doing it for this purpose only.

3) Maybe could be in his best interest to considerate other people bashing-feedback  but at the same time... It could be the inverse way too, and by that, I mean that other people bashing-feedback are not his best interests from what I can see.

4) The only reason to change the commands, combinations, etc. is very simple...
This is Mugen and you can have characters that will make a single-button Hyper if the creators want it that way and nobody can do anything about it!!! (Well... Unless you know a little bit of coding to change that)

5) Kong doesn't care either if doing all this changes on a character are innovative, confusing, annoying or complicated to do. (Refer to point 3)

6) Again... Is not 100% the creator's job or responsibility to make good or bad stuff since nobody is getting paid for wasting their precious freetime on this hobby!!!

7) If everyone already knows how Kong works are...
Then why the hell they keep downloading the same stuff with a different name over and over again? (Refer to KPT25 who quoted my post from the other page)

8 ) Finally...
If you want something perfect or aiming for accuracy then:

A) Stop leeching around and start learning how to code or create characters yourself to fix all stuff you doesn't like.

B) You failed completely on learning how to code or create your own stuff and you are still a leecher so... Limit yourself to leech only and stop bitching and moaning for the same stuff over and over again.

C) The same from the last point in less words: "Download, try the stuff and keep it or delete it quietly... Capiche?"

D) You are a creator who can make your own stuff or at least know how to code and fix the things you doesn't like... Stick up your nose in your own work and try to care of your own reputation only or at least fix the stuff yourself instead of bitching and moaning over other people works!!!

PS: This goes for all the leechers and haters in equality and not to a single person.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 09:16:40 AM by Sasuke-kun »

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar