collapse

Author Topic: jubilee  (Read 3244 times)

Offline The Anvil

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:September 23, 2015, 08:40:42 AM
    • Email
jubilee
« on: June 21, 2008, 09:57:46 AM »
i was thinking, how about a jubilee team wip? im just wondering how much interest there would be, the EOH is really lacking a jubilee character, she is now the most important marvel character that needs to be made as thor has been made and she has been sprited by capcom.
i think its safe to say that subway is no longer working on her as its been being worked on for 3 years with no progress. and unfortinutly intensitys jubilee is very amatuer.
even if just 3 or 4 of us work on her.... we have a starting point with capcoms sprites, which has jump, hyper and stance all pretty much done. ^-^
bases used could include karin, sakura, athena (cvs) and theres probly some others, maybe chunli and felicia could work :-??
who would be interested? i know i am :D who knows if this proves successful we could do a U.S.Agent team wip.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
Re: jubilee
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 10:39:22 AM »
and unfortinutly intensitys jubilee is very amatuer.

She's still being worked on by intensity . That's why it's called a WIP .

If you think EOH needs a Jubilee , say that . But don't just straight up dog another creator's character to make your point .

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 10:45:15 AM »
Putting down other people's hard work is frowned upon. And perhaps now is not the time to suggest another team wip. We're allready working on one, and anvil, I know you read my post on the Scruffy forum as to why the Batman wip is going so well so far.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 10:59:09 AM »
Putting down other people's hard work is frowned upon. And perhaps now is not the time to suggest another team wip. We're allready working on one, and anvil, I know you read my post on the Scruffy forum as to why the Batman wip is going so well so far.

Just curious on your opinion to why the Batman WIP is going so well . ( which it definately is ) I don't goto scruffy .

(click to show/hide)

Offline The Anvil

• Email
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 11:14:10 AM »
im actually not putting down the intensity jubilee, its a good attempt but its not as good as say loganirs thor or aceys arthur, jubilee is a character that has the potential to be up there with arthur, thor and warners the thing.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 11:43:26 AM »
im actually not putting down the intensity jubilee, its a good attempt but its not as good as say loganirs thor or aceys arthur, jubilee is a character that has the potential to be up there with arthur, thor and warners the thing.

Apples & oranges , apples & oranges .

You can't compare them . In my opinion unless Loganir decides to make a Jubilee , she will never be like Thor . Loganir is probably my favorite creator for the quality & dedication he puts into his characters . Thor , Sandman , Wonder Woman , all incredible works . You really can't compare anything to them . Somebody did that to me once with Hobgoblin . Said he should be more like Loganir's Sandman . My response .....

I am not Loganir & do not have his talent . So Hobgoblin will never be like that .

There are only a few in my opinion that have that kind of talent for this engine .

[/quote]

(click to show/hide)

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2008, 11:49:32 AM »

Just curious on your opinion to why the Batman WIP is going so well . ( which it definately is ) I don't goto scruffy .

Quote from: Acey on Scruffy Dragon Forum
I'v been thinking about this for a while, why the Infintiy Batman project is working so well right now and so many others haven't gotten so far. I always hear implications about how difficult it is to work in teams in mugen or to get anyone to care about anything but I think these are symptoms of other problems, not the real issues.

1) A forum full of animators is obviously necessary

2) We set up a very specific map of what animations needed to be done, grouped them into sets and, let each user sign up for a set as the pleased with a deadline. I think this is the key. Organization and assistance helps to remove any "free for all" feeling.

3) We took the hardest part out of it, the head, so even more timid spriters can make something look a little better. The head is that important. (We did overlook how difficult the cape would be but were able to address that later.)

4) Infinity hardly does contests or asks anything from our forum users, so when this came, it was a chance to be a part of what the Infinity Team was doing. It makes this one project and its participants stand out.

5) It's Batman, very few characters could have as much success as Batman because he is a favorite of so many people. A project like this won't work for Doctor Strange or the Flash because they have a limited fan base. Everyone loves Batman and want him in their own Mugen more than they want what ever else they are working on.

6) Each animator who participates only had to do 1 to 3 animations themselves and soon enough the'll be able to see their completed work in Batman. This simple effort is incentive because they only have to do so little but in turn they recieve so much in so little time.

7) Tracking the progress publically, this related to the map I mentioned in #2. That way if you want your Batman a little sooner, you can contribute one more animation.

8.) We have Infinity team members waiting in the wings as backup. For what ever isn't finished, the core team is ready to blitz on to get the characters finished in the end. If I didn't have 5 team members who said "I'll back this up", then we wouldn't have started.

These are my thoughts and poor spelling.

Point #8 is big, everyone sees that the IMT is working on this too. It's was not just some person who wants a batman but never makes anything for mugen asking for everyone else to do the dirty work. The IMT is involved, Scar made the tech roll, The Great Matasutzu made the get hit sprites, Apoc did the Stand punches and is working on the kicks. This shows that we are dedicated and support this project. 
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 11:54:42 AM by Acey Tober »

Offline The Anvil

• Email
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2008, 12:21:47 PM »

Point #8 is big, everyone sees that the IMT is working on this too. It's was not just some person who wants a batman but never makes anything for mugen asking for everyone else to do the dirty work. The IMT is involved, Scar made the tech roll, The Great Matasutzu made the get hit sprites, Apoc did the Stand punches and is working on the kicks. This shows that we are dedicated and support this project. 

im not exactly someone who doesnt  make anything for mugen asking for everyone to do my dirty work though, i am working on (or joint working on) my 3rd, 4th and 5th characters now.
besides it was just a suggestion... i didnt realise it would spark negative comments @^@ :'(

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2008, 12:48:54 PM »
Actually I wasn't refering to you when I said someone who doesn't make anything... ;) You're doing a great job Anvil.

I was taking about others who I have seen try to do the same thing.

Offline The Anvil

• Email
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2008, 12:55:20 PM »
Actually I wasn't refering to you when I said someone who doesn't make anything... ;) You're doing a great job Anvil.

I was taking about others who I have seen try to do the same thing.

oh. sorry i took it the wrong way  :-[
the last thing i want to do is upset anyone or discriminate against anyone.
i just want a jubilee so bad o.O# who knows maybe one day jubilee will be jithered on mugen

Offline aPoCaLyPsE

• :+:Simply Twist'D:+:
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 30, 2018, 06:11:39 PM
  • ...I spit blood before I speak...
    • -"aPoCaLyPsE's Bio... Enter with Caution..."
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2008, 01:30:55 PM »
oh. sorry i took it the wrong way  :-[
the last thing i want to do is upset anyone or discriminate against anyone.
i just want a jubilee so bad o.O# who knows maybe one day jubilee will be jithered on mugen

..and soon enough I'm sure she'll be made with great success whether it be from IMT's community or one of the outside communities. I think right now is just a tight time to gather another Team W.I.P with so much concentration directed to Batman, unless as you said "you put it togther with a team of maybe 3 or 4 people who share the same feelings for Jubilee as you do". Hell, I even contemplated it myself this morning; making an animation or two to help aid in the development but we're all (or it may just be myself) starting to spread a tiny bit thin. If this does happen to kick off and I find a moment to spare, I'll come looking for you as to what aniamtions are needed as I myself would look to see a complete Jubilee too, one day.

-"aPoC."     

Offline aa250

• CrusaderCast Admin
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 13, 2021, 04:20:33 PM
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2008, 01:46:25 PM »
Anvil why don't you work with intensity on Jubilee I understand you want a complete one badly. I know intensity is still working on Jubilee she still in a beta state. I am sure he will say yes and he is a nice person if you guys agree to work to together. His jubilee has awesome sound. This is my way of saying you can kill two birds with one stone. believe me this is the faste way.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2008, 02:25:12 PM »
Thanx for the post Acey . I see the Batman idea was well thought out & see why it is going so smoothly .

Since he commented here ......

All I have to say is I wish more new creators were like Apoc .

Let me sum up why .

From what I've seen of his Punisher . Apoc is incredibly talented . His frst character , it shouldn't be half as good as it is . Spriting , coding doing it all . Apoc is an amazing new talent for mugen . I may be setting the bar to high . But I believe he could be the next Loganir . That's how much potential I see in him .  Another positive note , he became an infinity team member quickly . He didn't let that go to his head . He's just the same old Apoc as he was when he started creating the Punisher .

Best of luck to you , bro on all your projects . For you to be working on your first character & have him be at this standard of excellence .  I see great potential in you . I hope you won't disappoint me  ;)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Weapon x program

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 16, 2015, 12:38:11 PM
  • welcome
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2008, 02:39:26 PM »
Anvil why don't you work with intensity on Jubilee I understand you want a complete one badly. I know intensity is still working on Jubilee she still in a beta state. I am sure he will say yes and he is a nice person if you guys agree to work to together. His jubilee has awesome sound. This is my way of saying you can kill two birds with one stone. believe me this is the faste way.
THAT s exactly what i think  ^^(PM)^

Offline The Anvil

• Email
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2008, 03:06:58 PM »
THAT s exactly what i think  ^^(PM)^

the thing with intensitys is that he seems to have drawn most of his from scratch, i have found some very good bases to use for jubilee. i cant really just barge into his character and start changing everything can i?

Offline aPoCaLyPsE

• :+:Simply Twist'D:+:
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 30, 2018, 06:11:39 PM
  • ...I spit blood before I speak...
    • -"aPoCaLyPsE's Bio... Enter with Caution..."
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2008, 03:07:11 PM »
Thanx for the post Acey . I see the Batman idea was well thought out & see why it is going so smoothly .

Since he commented here ......

All I have to say is I wish more new creators were like Apoc .
 >:(
Let me sum up why .

From what I've seen of his Punisher . Apoc is incredibly talented . His frst character , it shouldn't be half as good as it is . Spriting , coding doing it all . Apoc is an amazing new talent for mugen . I may be setting the bar to high . But I believe he could be the next Loganir . That's how much potential I see in him .  Another positive note , he became an infinity team member quickly . He didn't let that go to his head . He's just the same old Apoc as he was when he started creating the Punisher .

Best of luck to you , bro on all your projects . For you to be working on your first character & have him be at this standard of excellence .  I see great potential in you . I hope you won't disappoint me  ;)

"The Next Loganir"?  :-j wow.. thats definantly up there, I'll just hold on to "Mugen Rookie of the Year" for now.  ;*)) Thanks DT.

Kinda going in conjuction to what Dark Talbain said, we all have to start somewhere, and heck if maybe the first release or second release Jubilee's aren't exactly to par, no reason to say that the creator left us incomplete. Kinda goes in the sense of my own W.I.P - If I wanted to, he'd be in everyone's roster by now, but then we'd see post about:

Reference:

"...i think its safe to say that no one is working on Punisher as its been being worked on for 3 years with no progress. and unfortinutly aPoCaLyPsE's punisher is very amatuer..."

..Which if i were to have released it back in February like I originally intended then that would in fact be a true statement. Deidara may just be on to something with trying to follow up with Intensity and seeing if you could possible collaborate with him to complete Jubilee. I'm sure you may even be able to optimize more time then to start fresh while working on Forge, Morph and your other side projects. Good thought there Deidara.

;): Don't consider it barging in and changes his character, but just simply improving her quality. (sprite-wise.)

-"aPoC."

Offline Weapon x program

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 16, 2015, 12:38:11 PM
  • welcome
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2008, 03:15:40 PM »
A MIX OF THE TWO, just ask :O*D

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2008, 03:21:10 PM »
@ Apoc

Hold on a minute here . Anvil called Punisher very amateur back in February ?

Anyway my goal was to be the next Loganir . But I really don't have the free time to put into a character like that . Unless I release Medieval Spawn 2 years later . I think I was second place here for rookie of the year . Excursion got the award , I couldn't beat that infinity brand logo .  :DxDie  

(click to show/hide)

Offline The Anvil

• Email
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2008, 03:23:59 PM »
i am really looking foreward to apoc's punisher :thumbsup:
spriting myself, i have found it more difficult than i first realised, i am lucky because morph was actually quite an easy character.

also i never said punisher was amatuer, i used to think that he needed a modified stance to make him more different from cable, that is all.

Offline Tundra

• Co-Founder/Former Member of the Infinity Deviants
  • Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 08:24:14 PM
  • SHEESH!!!
    • Wavy_Lamborghini
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2008, 03:26:44 PM »
i was thinking, how about a jubilee team wip? im just wondering how much interest there would be, the EOH is really lacking a jubilee character, she is now the most important marvel character that needs to be made as thor has been made and she has been sprited by capcom.
i think its safe to say that subway is no longer working on her as its been being worked on for 3 years with no progress. and unfortinutly intensitys jubilee is very amatuer.
even if just 3 or 4 of us work on her.... we have a starting point with capcoms sprites, which has jump, hyper and stance all pretty much done. ^-^
bases used could include karin, sakura, athena (cvs) and theres probly some others, maybe chunli and felicia could work :-??
who would be interested? i know i am :D who knows if this proves successful we could do a U.S.Agent team wip.
What we really need is a x-men full game in stead of contributing to the eoh series.

Offline The Anvil

• Email
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2008, 03:31:10 PM »
What we really need is a x-men full game in stead of contributing to the eoh series.

1) there arnt really enough x-men
2) the eoh is probly the best project about

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2008, 03:40:33 PM »
i am really looking foreward to apoc's punisher :thumbsup:
spriting myself, i have found it more difficult than i first realised, i am lucky because morph was actually quite an easy character.

also i never said punisher was amatuer, i used to think that he needed a modified stance to make him more different from cable, that is all.

Just some helpful advice . Take it for what it's worth to you . Watch how you throw around that amateur word . Some people will take offense to it .

But , in all reality we are all amateurs or hobbyists . Because none of us get paid to do this , none of us worked for Capcom in the 2d hay day , & none of us are professionals at this . We all devote countless hours of our lives to this hobby , so just appreciate that . Some of us may be better than others . I personally think Loganir could worked for Capcom when they were making 2d fighters .

Morph may not be all that spectacular to some people & not as good as Wonder Woman . But they should appreciate the effort you & Acey put into making him .  We are all learning here & you can never know everything .

(click to show/hide)

Offline Tundra

• Co-Founder/Former Member of the Infinity Deviants
  • Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 08:24:14 PM
  • SHEESH!!!
    • Wavy_Lamborghini
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2008, 04:17:17 PM »

1) there arnt really enough x-men
2) the eoh is probly the best project about
there are alot heroes and villians included.

Offline The Anvil

• Email
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2008, 05:23:30 PM »

Just some helpful advice . Take it for what it's worth to you . Watch how you throw around that amateur word . Some people will take offense to it .

But , in all reality we are all amateurs or hobbyists . Because none of us get paid to do this , none of us worked for Capcom in the 2d hay day , & none of us are professionals at this . We all devote countless hours of our lives to this hobby , so just appreciate that . Some of us may be better than others . I personally think Loganir could worked for Capcom when they were making 2d fighters .

Morph may not be all that spectacular to some people & not as good as Wonder Woman . But they should appreciate the effort you & Acey put into making him .  We are all learning here & you can never know everything .

[/quote]

i never said his punisher was amatuer, ii sad intesitys jubilee was, i probably should have worded it better than i did.
and i would appreciate you not posting your real spiteful and sarcastic little digs at people to be honest. there are some things you just shouldnt say.

Offline The Anvil

• Email
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2008, 05:26:57 PM »
1) the x-men project would actually be a really good idea.
2) darktalbain has really made this go  >:-(-|
3) ill post a jubilee sprite by myself tomorow.

my apogies if i offended anyone.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar