collapse

Author Topic: The unofficial: Sonic The hedgehog thread  (Read 1701 times)

Offline Hunter

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:February 13, 2012, 12:05:00 PM
  • Damn Birds.......
The unofficial: Sonic The hedgehog thread
« on: August 22, 2007, 06:17:39 PM »
Any Fans of Sonic Discuss it in here, I love sonic i know every thing about him.......(no homo)

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 18, 2010, 11:11:29 PM
  • When i move throught the Ghetto i drive slow
Re: The unofficial: Sonic The hedgehog thread
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 07:28:09 PM »
i like the old sonic but the new 1 is just dumb there tryin to make him all rogue ish
i liked it wen he wuz chubby XD

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 25, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 07:39:44 PM »
I felt like after Sonic Adventure 1, the games started to slowly go down hill, But when the Sonic Advance series came out, It revived the Sonic series in general. I know it got me back into Sonic games. IMHO Sonic is better off staying in 2d, or at least staying in 3D sidescrollers.

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 08:06:25 PM »
I felt like after Sonic Adventure 1, the games started to slowly go down hill, But when the Sonic Advance series came out, It revived the Sonic series in general. I know it got me back into Sonic games. IMHO Sonic is better off staying in 2d, or at least staying in 3D sidescrollers.
Agreed.
I played a demo of Sonic for 360...
the horror... It's like they tried to turn it into mortal kombat or something. They way he jumped was so ... just blah.. I miss the good ol' sidescrollers.

Offline Savage Henry

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 07, 2016, 10:51:40 AM
  • Scag Baron.
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 08:25:10 PM »
RAY THE FLYING SQUIRREL KICKS butt

Offline Hunter

• Damn Birds.......
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 08:31:40 PM »
RAY THE FLYING SQUIRREL KICKS @$$
? and the only good sonic games that came out were all for the dreamcast and that was it and there was only 2.............

Offline Kev The Galaxybender

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:November 29, 2022, 03:38:40 PM
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 08:43:37 PM »
I love Sonic, but since Yuji Naka left, things wont be the same. Even though Mr. Naka made the horrible Sonic Heroes, he still made the other best Sonic games. man too bad he left sega :(

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 25, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 08:46:03 PM »
I love Sonic, but since Yuji Naka left, things wont be the same. Even though Mr. Naka made the horrible Sonic Heroes, he still made the other best Sonic games. man too bad he left sega :(

sonic heroes was ok imo.. just ok though :-\

Offline Hunter

• Damn Birds.......
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 08:48:08 PM »
Ya that stinks he must have made the sonic games very innovative....

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2007, 09:00:37 PM »
i miss old skool games :'(

did any1 play sonic fighters ??? Omg i luved that game

Offline The Rippah, Roo'Jizah Panzermanathod

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 02, 2009, 03:48:41 PM
  • No place for Panzer to call home.
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 12:02:50 AM »
I take challenges in Sonic Battle. Am I cool now? LOOK ON MY YOUTUBE PROFILE AND SEND ME CHALLENGES!!!

[ Invalid YouTube link ]
Punctuation and capitalization can make the difference between "I helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse," and, "I helped my uncle jack off a horse."

92% of people have moved onto rap. If you're part of the 8% who thinks rap isn't music, sucks to be you.

Most newer stuff sucks, though.

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 05, 2015, 07:56:22 PM
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2007, 12:59:52 AM »
Actually Heroes is better than most 3D games, Sonic should stick with Fast paced neck breaking speeds, Adventure games sucked badly in the aspect that they have some really crappy Treasure Hunting and Shooting missions that ate almost all the History mode missions. Not to mention the horrible cam problems that just made the treasure hunting levels a nightmare, I have Adventure 2 Battle, the GameCube Upgrade, As the perfectionist I am, I'm on my way of getting an A grade on every mission, the Speed missions are awesome, but the others, SEGA what the hell were you thinking?

Sonic Heroes concentrated on Speed Only except for the Awful Team Chaotix, but aside from that It feels more like the old games. It's still just a "Good" Game, not bad.

But in the end, Of course:

2D > 3D.

In Sonic's case.

Offline TrunkJunky

• Re-emerging Stage Maker
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:November 26, 2014, 10:09:54 PM
  • I know nothing about making anything anymore.
    • TrunJunky MUGEN Partay Mode!!!
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2007, 03:54:48 AM »
Sonic and the Secret Rings (Wii) easily owned Sonic the Hedgehog (XBox 360 and PS3) because of one thing:

SPEED!!!! ;D

SatSR brought back the old values that made Sonic so popular in the first place. Running through beautifully designed 3D stages at breakneck speeds is what Sonic is all about. Sure the controls are a bit frustrating, but hey, even Sonic can't stop on a dime after going speeds in excess of 700 mph.

But yes, after Sonic Adventure, the series began sliding downhill. Sonic Riders had to be the worst 3D game to date, because we all know Sonic is helluva lot faster on foot than he'd ever be on some stupid hover board.

Sonic's real glory lies in his 2D days when he was side scrolling like a kawasaki on crack, trying to defeat Dr. Robotnik/Robuttnik/Eggman.

The 2D games were a lot more malicious than the 3D games (where everyone teams up to save the game after nearly tearing each other's throats out).

Why Sega and Nintendo would wait ~27 years to verse Mario and Sonic is beyond me. Many flash movies, games, and even MUGEN succeeded in producing what Nintendo and Sega failed to do: have 2 of the most popular mascots fight each other dead on to see who truly reigned supreme. Something tells me that 'Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games' (Wii) will not suffice for the action-packed brawl we all had hoped for...

Offline WiiLuver2468

• Initiate
  • Last Login:February 10, 2008, 12:00:13 PM
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2007, 09:42:57 AM »
As of today, AoStH and most importantly, Scratch and Grounder, are the only reason I bother with Sonic. Once they appear in a Sonic Adventure game, THEN we'll talk!

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2007, 11:28:39 AM »
IMO, Sonic needs to evolve. I'm tired of running straight all the time towards the screen.

Offline Savage Henry

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 07, 2016, 10:51:40 AM
  • Scag Baron.
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2007, 11:30:06 AM »
RAY THE FLYING SQUIRREL KICKS @$$
? and the only good sonic games that came out were all for the dreamcast and that was it and there was only 2.............

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_the_flying_squirrel#Ray_the_Flying_Squirrel

Offline Darkgargos

• Last Login:October 10, 2017, 12:10:54 PM
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2007, 12:44:59 PM »
Actually, Sega in general have been going down hill since Dreamcast died. I miss the Sega Genesis Sonic games, they were fast had awesome music and cool stages. In some ways I wish all games would stay in 2D...*Castlevania anyone!?* Sonic was way better in 2D, the ones for Gameboy Advance just weren't as good as the old 16-bit ones. I'm such a big Sonic fan though that I enjoy any sonic games, even the 3D ones. I've come to except Sonic in 3D cuz his 2D glory days and 2D in general is dead and gone, I mean compare the glory days of 16-bit and the arcades to today and you can see what I mean......things just aren't the same anymore  :'(

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2007, 02:54:25 PM »
Actually, Sega in general have been going down hill since Dreamcast died. I miss the Sega Genesis Sonic games, they were fast had awesome music and cool stages. In some ways I wish all games would stay in 2D...*Castlevania anyone!?* Sonic was way better in 2D, the ones for Gameboy Advance just weren't as good as the old 16-bit ones. I'm such a big Sonic fan though that I enjoy any sonic games, even the 3D ones. I've come to except Sonic in 3D cuz his 2D glory days and 2D in general is dead and gone, I mean compare the glory days of 16-bit and the arcades to today and you can see what I mean......things just aren't the same anymore  :'(

I firmly agree

Offline RecKLezZ

• Initiate
  • Last Login:February 06, 2009, 11:56:58 PM
  • Founder of FxG
    • .::FiNeST x GaMiNG::.
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2007, 03:22:52 PM »
i liked all his 2d games but in 3d i liked sonic adventures and sonic battle bc chaos r cool

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2007, 03:24:46 PM »
aint that the truth

like megaman i really wish they didnt make diff versions of him cuz i thought classic megaman wuz the crap but then they made X then it started to get all anime ish n i jus couldnt stand it

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:June 27, 2018, 08:24:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2007, 03:25:13 PM »

I agree completely. Despite bad reviews I gave Shadow the Hedgehog the chance and that was a mistake. I'm surprised I got more than $10 for it, and I was selling Quake 4 with it and Q4 was only $7? Anyways, Sonic the Hedgehog on 360/PS3 were bad aswell. Good thing I burrowed it from someone before renting. I just beat Sonic's story and gave it back. Secret Rings I rented and it turned out as good as I expected it from the videos I have seen. It took awhile to get used to, but overall turned out to be a great game.

I saw an episode of Xplay yesturday, and they had this thing called "Game Series that need to die!" I was like, I wonder what it was, then allt he sudden Sonic popped up, and I was like WTF!? They talked bad about his recent games, yet ignored his awesome handheld ones. Sonic had what... three bad games recently?
-Sonic Riders, a side game so why bother.
-Shadow the Hedgehog, just a bad attempt to make Shadow a cool, but he was never cool after SA2 anyways.
-Sonic Next-Gen, no comment.

You see, every series has their down games, I don't see why it was chosen to die. Morgan Webb even stated that she'd see him in hell. It didn't make much sense to me. Adam even brought up Secret Rings and was like "Yeah, we gave it a 4/5, but it still doesn't save the series". Threee recent bad games, that's it... hell I heard a rumor that there might be an RPG Sonic game, so that may be 4 bad games... but I heard the list was fake, thankfully.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 03:27:02 PM by Teros »

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2007, 03:28:00 PM »
aint that the truth

like megaman i really wish they didnt make diff versions of him cuz i thought classic megaman wuz the sh*t but then they made X then it started to get all anime ish n i jus couldnt stand it
Megaman X was for the more hardcore action fans, that's why it turned into anime. Megamam itself was anime, but drawn differently. Megaman Zero is anime. Megaman was always anime, it couldn't be seen because it was on an NES.
EDIT: Why am I talking about Megaman on a sonic thread? ---

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2007, 03:30:07 PM »
aint that the truth

like megaman i really wish they didnt make diff versions of him cuz i thought classic megaman wuz the sh*t but then they made X then it started to get all anime ish n i jus couldnt stand it
Megaman X was for the more hardcore action fans, that's why it turned into anime. Megamam itself was anime, but drawn differently. Megaman Zero is anime. Megaman was always anime, it couldn't be seen because it was on an NES.
well i dont mean i didnt like the original megaman anime but i grew up with classic megaman so wen sum1 says somthin about NT and starforce i get annoyed cuz there just rip offs of the original blue bomber
i just think games like sonic and megaman shouldnt be all serous as there making now

Offline Negi Springfield

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:December 26, 2022, 03:12:38 PM
  • Got some change?!
    • Hokuto_no_Fan
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2007, 03:38:05 PM »
ooooooooookaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy

Am I the only one that likes every single Sonic game ever?

*except for the game gear games*

While "Shadow the hedghog" and "Sonic Heroes"
sorta sucked
I was still adicted
...I dunno why people Bad mouthing Sonic Adventure 2: Battle...

That game (to me) was the high point of the Sonic Legacy
I personally havent tried Sonic The Hedghog (Next Gen) Or The Secrect Ring
but from reading what you guys say I at least gotta give Sonic The Hedghog a try....

Oh and....

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle Cheats 4TW!
[youtube=425,350]VSxQrnq1KI4[/youtube]

Offline RecKLezZ

• Initiate
  • Last Login:February 06, 2009, 11:56:58 PM
  • Founder of FxG
    • .::FiNeST x GaMiNG::.
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2007, 03:55:57 PM »
i really liked sonic batlle but my gayass friend lost it, i murdered that game, i even figured out how 2 get infinite money and i liked raising my chaos 2 b evil, aw good times

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2007, 03:56:21 PM »
Man, this is gonna be one those threads that starts off as one thing and trails off to another..lol. Anyway the reason sonic is not as good anymore is bcuz of Sega themselves, I mean they really need to get their act together and start developing games like they did in the 16-bit days..(personally I want them to make consoles again) I mean where in the hell is Streets of Rage, Altered Beast, a new Panzer Dragoon and how about a good Shinobi....grrrrr Sega really needs a good kick in the butt >:( Although the same can be said of most game companies these days. I guess I'm just an old skool gamer who wants those glory days back when it was just Sega vs Nintendo....awww those were the days :)

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2007, 04:04:01 PM »
Man, this is gonna be one those threads that starts off as one thing and trails off to another..lol. Anyway the reason sonic is not as good anymore is bcuz of Sega themselves, I mean they really need to get their act together and start developing games like they did in the 16-bit days..(personally I want them to make consoles again) I mean where in the hell is Streets of Rage, Altered Beast, a new Panzer Dragoon and how about a good Shinobi....grrrrr Sega really needs a good kick in the butt >:( Although the same can be said of most game companies these days. I guess I'm just an old skool gamer who wants those glory days back when it was just Sega vs Nintendo....awww those were the days :)
Wasn't Sega bought out by SONY? That's why We have Sonic heroes on PS2.

Offline Negi Springfield

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:December 26, 2022, 03:12:38 PM
  • Got some change?!
    • Hokuto_no_Fan
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2007, 04:07:41 PM »
Wasn't Sega bought out by NINTENDO? That's why We have Sonic heroes on PS2.
edited for truth

idk why it was on PS2 though...

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:June 27, 2018, 08:24:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2007, 04:11:25 PM »
Sega wasn't bought out by no one but themselves.

@Darkgargos: There was a Streets of Rage game on PS2. I heard it wasn't good though. I actually enjoyed the Shinobi game on PS2, even though it was tough as hell, but I got through it :)

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2007, 04:15:53 PM »
Wasn't Sega bought out by SONY? That's why We have Sonic heroes on PS2.

Sega left the hardware business and went software only, which is why we get Sega games on other consoles now.

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2007, 05:43:02 PM »
my last favorite Sonic games was Sonic Adventure 2. After that, Sonic (console wise) got stale. The GBA games were pretty fun though

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar