collapse

Author Topic: MEDIEVAL SPAWN MVC WIP  (Read 27784 times)

Offline ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~

• Special Ops Mugen Creator
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 10, 2024, 04:28:06 PM
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
Re: MEDIEVAL SPAWN MVC WIP ( update vid )
« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2008, 01:33:22 AM »
Awesome man , awesome!!!!!!!!!  :w00t:

Offline Scar

• Dragonslayer
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:July 29, 2016, 10:49:53 AM
  • Cobra Mugen Team
« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2008, 01:39:19 AM »
Looking very nice...

Cant wait for this to come out..
  :O*D
!!Unite, Mobilize, Destroy!!

Offline Z999

• Infinity Sprite Artist
  • Last Login:February 24, 2018, 03:28:14 PM
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: April 14, 2008, 02:04:31 AM »
I second this, everything looks really good so far.
He will rock on equal terms with a opeth album ^^

Offline Akeme

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:March 15, 2010, 11:16:35 PM
« Reply #78 on: April 14, 2008, 05:26:44 AM »

The new vid is here with even more progress

[youtube=425,350]qsHh0Dbx-Rw[/youtube]

OK , first off I was looking at him & when he walked he seemed to be all over the place . So I realigned all the sprites .

Some people were talking saying " why isn't he black " Well if you look at the Dark Ages / Medieval Spawn in the book he is blue . I was going to make a " Black Knight " palette anyway . So I made that & another blue one that shows the shading better . I  had to add the greens & yellows for the necro stuff to the palette anyway so I figured I would just make some new palettes .

The new moves I redid the teleport sprites , because before I forgot some of the spikes he has . He can also block now & he finally has an attack . He also can jump & super jump . Coming along slowly , but surely here .  :thumbsup:

Great job so far man on the spriting i know it's time consuming and all but the sprites are looking awesome. Anyways i can't wait to see more of this spawn, also just a question is he going to use the axe or the long claymore if im correct ;)

"Since when thy become the bad guy"

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2008, 06:22:02 AM »
:o SCAR commented !  :o I assumed you were some what of a Spawn fan & was actually waiting to see what you thought about mine . I will definately be using those chains in an attack , so Thanx again !

@ Akeme  Thanx , You wouldn't believe how much a pain he is to sprite . He has too much armor & spikes  . Everytime I do something , Especially if I have been working on him for hours . I notice later on I forgot something . Usually it's a spike here or armband there , sometimes I forget the chain around his neck .  Anyway , I haven't yet decided on the axe . Whatever type that sword he has in the book that glows necroplasm is definately going to be a part of some of his moves though .

@ Z & race Thanx

Thanx to all for being supportive , it helps keep me chugging along on his progress  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2008, 06:37:17 AM »
see i told you man, you're really on to somethin with all of this..... Man like honestly, like i kno that alot of people wish spawn was in
EOH, and dude if you got him done in time man this would really help make the upcoming EOH a success..... Spawn is very popular.....

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 03, 2024, 04:36:18 PM
    • Excursion's Corner
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: April 15, 2008, 03:15:45 AM »
Cleaned upon DT's request. :)

« Reply #82 on: April 15, 2008, 05:23:51 AM »
Ok DT look man i'm taking a break on the edits because Binho is working on his reptile and i don't wanna take his spark away with me doin these edits so i'll still work on them time to time but that is it for the rest of this month probably.... So on a other note, um i'd like to get back helping you with spawn's voice..... Um for some reasons the messages in my inbox that you left r gone so i don't have the quotes that you want recorded, so if you could pm me again and let kno what they r then i'll be sure to record them and then send them too you....

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #83 on: April 22, 2008, 03:22:30 PM »
FIRST POST UPDATED WITH A NEW VID

Something to show you guys . I put alot of work into the animation , so I wanted to show a vid of it .

BTW I changed that post around so the new stuff will be on top from now on  :thumbsup:

(click to show/hide)

Offline Lothar-Ex

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 13, 2016, 06:05:59 PM
« Reply #84 on: April 22, 2008, 05:04:54 PM »
 ^^(PM)^ Love the taunt

My Brawl Friend Code

3952-6721-7091

Offline SdotThaDon

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 10, 2017, 01:19:06 AM
  • Havenot Supreme
« Reply #85 on: April 22, 2008, 07:05:55 PM »
That's real nice DT, love where you going with this.

Offline aPoCaLyPsE

• :+:Simply Twist'D:+:
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 30, 2018, 06:11:39 PM
  • ...I spit blood before I speak...
    • -"aPoCaLyPsE's Bio... Enter with Caution..."
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: April 22, 2008, 07:52:10 PM »
<----- Impressed  ^^(PM)^

Killer taunt there DT! I feel ya on basic animations becoming repetative, just wait you still have "get hit"'s to do still right? Ouch, have fun. Animations are looking sick as always. Soon enough, we'll see people making videos of "Punisher Vs M.E. Spawn", and we'll be the ones sitting back like... "Yeah, thats my character.", I can't wait to get to that point N-E-daze.

-"aPoC." 
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 07:57:26 PM by aPoCaLyPsE »

« Reply #87 on: April 23, 2008, 05:10:43 AM »
Yeah Dt he's gonna rock, i wanna see  your spawn fight punisher, oh boi it'll be sweet!!!!

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #88 on: April 23, 2008, 04:15:47 PM »
Thanx Sonic

Thanx Sdot It's good to hear you like what I am working on . As I think your Kazuya is great .

@ Apoc & race Yeah seeing that Punisher has missle launchers , guns & helicopters . M Spawn has a couple of punches right now , a taunt & he can block high . He really wouldn't be a match  for Punisher . :DxDie Punisher can always beat up on Hobgoblin until Spawn is done .

But wait when Spawn is done that missle launcher will be no match for his ummmmmm horse  :DxDie

Hold on that's no good .

OK I seriously think my dragon will be able to take down that helicopter     

(click to show/hide)

Offline malisiousjoe

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:November 27, 2011, 10:33:23 PM
  • Stop your crying!!!
« Reply #89 on: April 23, 2008, 10:36:55 PM »
Here's what I found out:

I have flipped and opened issue #15 and went through my medieval spawn and witchblade series.
1. MS carries a shield as displayed in both images I posted.
2. He swings a sword that can resonate and shoot the necroplasm.
3. MS rides a horse. The horse is adorned appropriately.
4. In one of the comics he raised his hand and emitted a necroplasm aura that destroyed his enemies.
5. Witchblade helps him defeat his enemies.
6. Angela kills him.
If there something else you want me to look up let me know. BTW I think it would look neat to incorporate the spawn necroplasm counter at the bottom of the screen. Maybe he could run out of necroplasm when the counter reaches 9.9.9.9.
Taken from wiki: Spawn has a limited power supply whose quantity would be shown to the reader in the form of a counter that began at 9:9:9:9.

Thanks DG!

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 03, 2024, 04:36:18 PM
    • Excursion's Corner
    • Email
« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2008, 11:25:18 PM »
 ^^(PM)^ malisiousjoe.

The taunt looks spectacular DT. I am totally impressed with your developing spriting skills and can totally see a finished character from you that puts you n the map with continued progress.  :thumbsup:

On a sidenote, I was watching the stance. I noticed his hand opens and closes instantaneously. You can fix that by either removing the 1 or 2 sprites from the stance that cause him to do that or adding a sprite or 2 to complete the opening/closing of the hand to make it look a tad bit smoother. That's being nitpicky, I know, but just a small observation and definitely no bog deal given the magnitude of this WIP if you can put a beta out someday.  ;)

« Reply #91 on: April 24, 2008, 01:23:22 AM »
well DT, i'm on it dude, and i'm sorry, i kno you probably thought i was still by my computer but i wasn't i left it on when i went to work, man i gottta remember to just sign off so you won't send me a message thinkin i'm here when i'm not.... Anyway, i guess for tonight i'm gonna do some research on the sound ripping... and i'll pm you to let you kno what i found out ok.... Mean while good luck on your end....

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #92 on: April 24, 2008, 08:05:36 AM »
@ malisiousjoe I have the issues with Medieval Spawn from the series . Spawn issues 9 ,15 , 16
I also have the witchblade/Medieval Spawn trade that I went through some trouble to get since it's out of print . He was also on the Dark Ages series . I realize he carries the sword & shield most of the time . But both are so big , I thought it would make the character look bad carrying them around all the time . So pretty much the necro sword & the shield will just materialize when he needs them .  I figure this is MVC & he's a Spawn he can do stuff like that .

As for the Horse , Did you see the GIF  I posted ? I already have him planned with the armor & everything .

I don't know if I am going to have Witchblade as a helper . I don't know if I care for the whole helper idea . Do all MVC characters have helpers ?

Angela was going to be in there . It was going to be a surprise . Either a win pose where she comes out & destroys him , or when he has been beat lying on the ground she will come out & destroy him . I haven't decided yet . I also have another special win pose guest planned .

That counter idea is great . I'm just not sure if it can be coded .

Good pics by the way . that particular one on the Horse I have never seen before . Thanx for all your input .

@ Excursion Thanx for the comments . They mean something to me because you pretty much taught me about making smooth animation . I still haven't perfected it yet , but It's good to hear you think I improved . The hand in the stance ..... I hear ya . I was messing with that for awhile when I did it & just couldn't get it to look right . So I thought , I put in one frame of it open & it will look like it opens & closes quickly . Yes indeed it does , too quickly . I'm going to work on it . I think I am changing the mask for the stance anyway . The one in the stance looks bulky & the eyes are bad . I like the way I sprited it better in the taunt . So I will work with that hand also .

@ Race Without a Dreamcast , I don't your going to be able to do anything with the game . But if you find out something about getting the sounds out of the file , let me know . Thanx

Thanx to everyone for following my progress on Medieval Spawn . It helps keep my desire to work on Spawn going to hear your input  :thumbsup:

(click to show/hide)

Offline darkstar0224

• Last Login:June 06, 2008, 04:46:53 AM
  • I'm Raptor Jesus n00b...lol
« Reply #93 on: April 24, 2008, 03:19:58 PM »
WOW! :o
A Medevil spawn!
I am new here...and from what I see I am staying.
Nice work. =D>

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #94 on: April 24, 2008, 03:52:03 PM »
WOW! :o
A Medevil spawn!
I am new here...and from what I see I am staying.
Nice work. =D>

Darkstar, welcome to the forum . Your first post & it was in my WIP thread . That's pretty cool .
Thanx for the compliment & interest in my Spawn .

Hope to see you around .

BTW that's a very interesting avatar you have .

(click to show/hide)

Offline malisiousjoe

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:November 27, 2011, 10:33:23 PM
  • Stop your crying!!!
« Reply #95 on: April 24, 2008, 07:54:28 PM »
@ malisiousjoe I have the issues with Medieval Spawn from the series . Spawn issues 9 ,15 , 16
I also have the witchblade/Medieval Spawn trade that I went through some trouble to get since it's out of print . He was also on the Dark Ages series . I realize he carries the sword & shield most of the time . But both are so big , I thought it would make the character look bad carrying them around all the time . So pretty much the necro sword & the shield will just materialize when he needs them .  I figure this is MVC & he's a Spawn he can do stuff like that .

As for the Horse , Did you see the GIF  I posted ? I already have him planned with the armor & everything .

I don't know if I am going to have Witchblade as a helper . I don't know if I care for the whole helper idea . Do all MVC characters have helpers ?

Angela was going to be in there . It was going to be a surprise . Either a win pose where she comes out & destroys him , or when he has been beat lying on the ground she will come out & destroy him . I haven't decided yet . I also have another special win pose guest planned .

That counter idea is great . I'm just not sure if it can be coded .

Good pics by the way . that particular one on the Horse I have never seen before . Thanx for all your input .

I just listed some observations of what I found. The only suggestion I had was the counter. BTW I said the necroplasm should end at 9.9.9.9 which is incorrect. It actually starts at 9.9.9.9 it should end when the counter reaches 0.0.0.0 :-[. As for doing it the two things I can think of is like the hyper bar but in reverse. It decreases as you use the necroplasm and when it's out you just disable those type moves. The bar would look like the comic and the numbers would decrease as the power is used. I would even have the dark orange decrease in the bar just for a visual effect. I also noticed some Lobo has a bullet counter and he has to reload after the bullets have been used up. Maybe you might wanna look at that.

I didn't see the horse pick...damn your more accurate than I though. I'm glad you purchased some of the comics and want him to be authentic. He will surely be the best Spawn out there.

Witch blade as a helper is not necessary but she should be implemented in some way(win pose maybe).

Sorry I ruined you Angela surprise. Wow you really surprised me there.

The sword and shield materializing is also fine ;D.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 07:59:36 PM by malisiousjoe »

Thanks DG!

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #96 on: April 24, 2008, 11:54:12 PM »

I just listed some observations of what I found. The only suggestion I had was the counter. BTW I said the necroplasm should end at 9.9.9.9 which is incorrect. It actually starts at 9.9.9.9 it should end when the counter reaches 0.0.0.0 :-[. As for doing it the two things I can think of is like the hyper bar but in reverse. It decreases as you use the necroplasm and when it's out you just disable those type moves. The bar would look like the comic and the numbers would decrease as the power is used. I would even have the dark orange decrease in the bar just for a visual effect. I also noticed some Lobo has a bullet counter and he has to reload after the bullets have been used up. Maybe you might wanna look at that.

I didn't see the horse pick...damn your more accurate than I though. I'm glad you purchased some of the comics and want him to be authentic. He will surely be the best Spawn out there.

Witch blade as a helper is not necessary but she should be implemented in some way(win pose maybe).

Sorry I ruined you Angela surprise. Wow you really surprised me there.

The sword and shield materializing is also fine ;D.

Yeah I'm trying to be pretty accurate on this character . I've alway liked Spawn . But The Medieval Spawn was my favorite .  So he's going to be as accurate as I can be with him . I know he has more spikes or at times also . But it all depends on who drew him . In each series he looks a little different . So I guess I am trying to take the best of all of them . He's actually going to have a whole new look the next video . As I am spriting I keep coming up with new things or ways to do things different . So I am going to redo some things to even make him more true to the character & also the MVC style of graphics . I figure if I am going to take months of my time to make the character why cut any corners . I might as well take the extra time to do things right . For example , the spikes I do not like . But I was trying to speed up the creation process . The way I wanted to sprite them would take so much longer for each sprite . But now I am going to take the time to do everything the way I should have started .

Yeah that necroplasm thing still wopuld be great , I would sprite it directly from the comic . But I still don't have a clue on coding it . I have someone ( who shall be revealed later ) helping me code the coplex stuff , so I will mention it to them .

Man , I thought awhile about Witchblade for awhile , because someone did bring her up before . I just really don't know what to do with her .  :-?? Maybe give me the rundown on her . because as much as I know about Spawn , I don't know that about Witchblade . I was just never really a fan of that comic .

The new block I just sprited , the shield materializes . It happens pretty quickly , but the frames are there . If you watch it closely on the screen you can see it happen . Looks pretty good . You'll see all that in the next vid with the new look for him .

Once again Thanx for your input & interest with my WIP

(click to show/hide)

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 21, 2024, 07:31:48 PM
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: April 24, 2008, 11:57:33 PM »
Now thats a taunt.   :)

« Reply #98 on: April 25, 2008, 12:11:40 AM »
hey Dt, dude i think what you might need for the "glow" effect is not really what i told you before, its a pal fx, like its still involves some of what i said but thats basicaslly what it might be... but hmmmm, just talk to your coder and he or she might kno what i'm talking about...

Offline SdotThaDon

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 10, 2017, 01:19:06 AM
  • Havenot Supreme
« Reply #99 on: April 25, 2008, 08:56:38 AM »
Dt you could always use the counter as part of his KO anim. When beaten flash the counter reaching zero. That's how it happens in the comic the few times it came up. or it showed --:--:-- if IRC. Let me explain the counter a lil further. Each hellspawn makes a deal with the devil. The devil grants vast power for vengence(in most cases) in return for eventually serving in hell's army for armagedon. When the counter, which does display his power level, runs out the paticular hellspawn returns to hell to serve. Been a Spawn fan since day one, I still got the 1st issue bagged up in my closet. :D

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar