collapse

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. BRAWL (All topics Merged)  (Read 126829 times)

Offline The Great Matsutzu

• Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:April 17, 2009, 10:03:33 AM
Re: Super Smash Bros. BRAWL discussion
« Reply #2150 on: March 20, 2008, 07:49:25 AM »
Fox was just great in melee why did they have to go and nerf him, what little air combos he had in mellee are totally useless now, I can't even do an air back kick anymore  :(

Very true, his regular A kick in the air used to send foes flying in the past games... but not anymore.

Not only is his moves messed up... but so is his head. I liked the realistic Fox from Melee better. *lol* His new attire is sick though.

Actually, I have ko'd opponents with the jump back a kick quite a bit in Brawl. It has been scaled back a bit though, much like Jigglypuff's rest or Peach's down b.

About Fox's face change, I admit it took a bit of getting used to. The look of it is inspired by Star Fox  Command (and admittedly, I only ever played up through Assault, as I got a DS late-- mostly to play the Arashi no Yoru ni Japanese game :P) The main thing I tend to notice is that the bottom of his face is a bit wider than before now (makes it look like he gained a bit of weight, and that's where it's showing ;*)))

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #2151 on: March 20, 2008, 10:57:00 AM »
True, also i think just about everyone but marth has gotten alittle better but maybe im wrong ;)
Link sucks too. His attacks don't do as much damage as the previous games, and you have to charge the up+special to use it at it's strongest power, also Mario and Luigi's Down+Special have been replaced with lesser ones.

That and Ganondorf is too slow, he is a power house, but I don't think any amount of power is worth being that slow, you can do backflips around him all day!

I think Ganondorf was dwarfed down because of all the heavy armor he wears. I do imagine it would be very hard to move if I wore that armor, and wearing it in the water would mean drowning to death.

Quote from: The Great Matsutzu
That was my thought too, VKM. Honeslty, I'm surprised they had so much planned that they didn't finish. Perhaps they felt like all the delays in release date were too long (THe game had been delayed at least three times as it was already). When you view game files like that though, you will usually stumble on one or two things that were changed/removed from the game in pre-production (Like the mysterious cave playing Aerith's theme as the BGM found on FF7's disk). However, this seems like a lot that didn't make it in the final product.
I think they cut down on the stage creation to work on more meaningful things which is why it's so limited. I never heard of the mysterious cave playing Aerith's theme. Although it probably was just to serve as a teaser, like if you get the key to midgar and go to Aerith's church and you see her ghost.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 11:03:08 AM by Violent Ken Masters »

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 19, 2016, 06:01:36 PM
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #2152 on: March 20, 2008, 11:20:50 AM »
im sry kenshin i do not agree with what you said about marth getting better. i have been a marth player since melee and i know all there is to know abou thim gameplay wise and he got worse or should i say more toned down a lot. he did gain speed in the dancing blade and it doesnt knock opponents back and isnt hard to use like it was in melee. it seem like his moves do a lil less knock back more or less. his reach is shortened severly to the point that he barely has any reach at all. in melee for those have played against me online those smash attacks that i have missed should have been hits. i mastered the sweetspot hits on all the moves and the distance of all the strikes in melee and now brawl comes out and marth sucks more. what every happened to his A strikes??? how come when u tap A he swings fast but the follow up strike and/or strikes are slow enough for the opponent to counter in between. like meta knight can easily beat marth in a A sword strike contest. but then in subsapace emissionary that have the nerve to show marth running fast as crap and when metaknight and marth have an intro marth is swinging fast as crap. basically the marth now is FAR inferior to the marth of melee

SIG BY AKEME & ROSALINA BY LG

Offline TrunkJunky

• Re-emerging Stage Maker
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:November 26, 2014, 10:09:54 PM
  • I know nothing about making anything anymore.
    • TrunJunky MUGEN Partay Mode!!!
« Reply #2153 on: March 20, 2008, 01:52:27 PM »
I must say that I'm deeply disappointed with how they recalibrated Mr. Game and Watch.

For one thing, they completely butchered his sound file (no sounds when KOed, No beeping during smash attacks, etc.). ~X(

Second, they slowed his running pace to that of a fat drunken man. :(|)

So yeah, Mr. Game & Watch was way better in Melee.

QUESTION:

Has anyone tried performing his kamekazee glitch as of late? (assuming he still has it)

Offline That Mugen Guy

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:March 27, 2012, 11:40:02 PM
    • Email
« Reply #2154 on: March 20, 2008, 02:05:05 PM »
I must say that I'm deeply disappointed with how they recalibrated Mr. Game and Watch.

For one thing, they completely butchered his sound file (no sounds when KOed, No beeping during smash attacks, etc.). ~X(

Second, they slowed his running pace to that of a fat drunken man. :(|)

So yeah, Mr. Game & Watch was way better in Melee.

QUESTION:

Has anyone tried performing his kamekazee glitch as of late? (assuming he still has it)

well I completely disagree with u on  game n watch, I find he just as good as he was in melee and even better only think I don't like is his FS

Jesus loves me, he loves me a bunch! Because he always puts Skippy in my lunch!

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #2155 on: March 20, 2008, 02:22:05 PM »
basically a lot of characters were better in melee. i have to agree with AJ (hope you dont mind if i call you that from now on that mugen guy) that game watch is better in this version of melee but his FC is stupid.

Offline That Mugen Guy

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #2156 on: March 20, 2008, 02:25:28 PM »
basically a lot of characters were better in melee. i have to agree with AJ (hope you dont mind if i call you that from now on that mugen guy) that game watch is better in this version of melee but his FC is stupid.

lol np my whole family calls me AJ so its not really that strange

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 25, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #2157 on: March 20, 2008, 02:26:09 PM »
o_O

G&W is even better than before. Only thing is, his Final smash is hard to use and easy to dodge.

Offline TrunkJunky

• Re-emerging Stage Maker
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:November 26, 2014, 10:09:54 PM
  • I know nothing about making anything anymore.
    • TrunJunky MUGEN Partay Mode!!!
Re: Multiplayer Super Smash Bros Brawl Discussion
« Reply #2158 on: March 20, 2008, 04:24:21 PM »
Up for a brawl KenX?

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:June 27, 2018, 08:24:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #2159 on: March 20, 2008, 06:12:34 PM »
Actually, I have ko'd opponents with the jump back a kick quite a bit in Brawl. It has been scaled back a bit though, much like Jigglypuff's rest or Peach's down b.

About Fox's face change, I admit it took a bit of getting used to. The look of it is inspired by Star Fox  Command (and admittedly, I only ever played up through Assault, as I got a DS late-- mostly to play the Arashi no Yoru ni Japanese game :P) The main thing I tend to notice is that the bottom of his face is a bit wider than before now (makes it look like he gained a bit of weight, and that's where it's showing ;*)))

I meant his no direction A kick, it's weaker. His back A kick is still pretty powerful though.

Yeah, I knew it was based on that look. It's the forehead that bothers me. It's huge, lol. I must admit though, the new look doesn't just make him look like a regualr Fox with clothes (like Melee) and more unique.

... but I liked that look. *lol*

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline Akeme

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:March 15, 2010, 11:16:35 PM
« Reply #2160 on: March 20, 2008, 07:17:30 PM »
Yeah the new look of fox was a shocker for a moment but eventually you vegin to like it. ;)

"Since when thy become the bad guy"

Offline KenshinX

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:September 18, 2011, 01:36:06 PM
« Reply #2161 on: March 20, 2008, 07:29:22 PM »
Hey theres this cool new site that makes setting up tourneys and matches easily
http://www.ssbbplayers.com/ we can set up quick tourneys and we also get a chatbox to talk about matches. We can play friendlys and what not or maybe do a infinity tourney :thumbsup:

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #2162 on: March 20, 2008, 08:31:19 PM »
kid daigo that was pretty lame what you did in that match that we had. you know what im talking about. and u still lost....im not here to brag at all but u know exactly what im talking about. next time fight fair because that really was cheating.

Offline That Mugen Guy

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #2163 on: March 20, 2008, 08:40:29 PM »
kid daigo that was pretty lame what you did in that match that we had. you know what im talking about. and u still lost....im not here to brag at all but u know exactly what im talking about. next time fight fair because that really was cheating.

:-??

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #2164 on: March 20, 2008, 08:41:47 PM »

What did he do? (I wanna know for a good laugh.)
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline Aura-Master

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:February 18, 2020, 03:22:18 AM
  • Animating anyone?
    • Email
« Reply #2165 on: March 20, 2008, 08:42:41 PM »

yes I want to know too ;D
Currently in need of one

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:March 30, 2017, 10:27:21 PM
    • Email
« Reply #2166 on: March 20, 2008, 08:46:22 PM »

yes I want to know too ;D

Yes, what did I do!?
Coming 2099.

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #2167 on: March 20, 2008, 08:52:36 PM »
first off let it be known that im not trying to spark a huge Daigo fight here. with that out of the way. he picked lucas the first time and i beat him and died only once. ok next match he picked the same guy and i won. i did lose twice in between all this just to let u all know. but anyway another match he picked falco and so i threw out those annoying waddle dos the whole match and set him up for my smash attack and eventually won with 2 lives still left....the very next match  we start i had the same character and he had his falco and one thing that was different about this match is the fact that he turned on the sandbag item and put it on very high so that if i throw a waddle do it will hit the sandbag guy and nout hit him and it would slow my attack so he can jump and hit me or roll behind me. he basically turned on the sandbag guy for his own benefit so that i couldnt hit him with my moves which gave him the advantage which is unfair and that was cheating and he still lost even though i had one life left. that was the only item he turned on nuthin else!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #2168 on: March 20, 2008, 08:55:51 PM »
first off let it be known that im not trying to spark a huge Daigo fight here. with that out of the way. he picked lucas the first time and i beat him and died only once. ok next match he picked the same guy and i won. i did lose twice in between all this just to let u all know. but anyway another match he picked falco and so i threw out those annoying waddle dos the whole match and set him up for my smash attack and eventually won with 2 lives still left....the very next match  we start i had the same character and he had his falco and one thing that was different about this match is the fact that he turned on the sandbag item and put it on very high so that if i throw a waddle do it will hit the sandbag guy and nout hit him and it would slow my attack so he can jump and hit me or roll behind me. he basically turned on the sandbag guy for his own benefit so that i couldnt hit him with my moves which gave him the advantage which is unfair and that was cheating and he still lost even though i had one life left. that was the only item he turned on nuthin else!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT!?!?!  :o I thought you did that, I never touched the items,the match b4 that was all Smash Balls, I thought you did that too, and then there was no items, I always play with items, and yeah, you where being cheap with those damn waddle's, but I'm not complaining!
Coming 2099.

Offline That Mugen Guy

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #2169 on: March 20, 2008, 08:57:42 PM »
thats why items are lame

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #2170 on: March 20, 2008, 08:59:36 PM »
Items arent lame, although they can be cheap at times! I gotta addmit, he's one crazy Dee Dee Dee player, but I would never try to cheat, I seriously swear that I never touched the items!
Coming 2099.

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #2171 on: March 20, 2008, 09:03:48 PM »
that is not being cheap because it is a part of my moves set. its not fault that i have them just like is not your fault that u have a blaster. i have never once complained about that have i. and then ur blaster is faster than me throw the waddles i dont even have items turned and plus i cant mess with items because we were fighting on your room and it was the fifth match. if we are fighting in ur room and its just us two the first match we have to go by ur rules 2nd matches mine 3 match urs....ur rules for the matches we play fall on every odd number match. cuz on mine there are no items cuz they are turned off so u had to be the one to do it not me!!!

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #2172 on: March 20, 2008, 09:09:14 PM »
that is not being cheap because it is a part of my moves set. its not fault that i have them just like is not your fault that u have a blaster. i have never once complained about that have i. and then ur blaster is faster than me throw the waddles i dont even have items turned and plus i cant mess with items because we were fighting on your room and it was the fifth match. if we are fighting in ur room and its just us two the first match we have to go by ur rules 2nd matches mine 3 match urs....ur rules for the matches we play fall on every odd number match. cuz on mine there are no items cuz they are turned off so u had to be the one to do it not me!!!

FINALLY SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS ME ABOUT FALCO'S BLASTER! Yo I could have done it by accident when trying to put the items back! :-?? if you look at the items menu the "ALL__OFF" section is right above the sandbag! Dont even trip, hey, you won and I aint denying it, as far as me cheating, I SWEAR I never tried to cheat, so you can count on me not doing that again! But hey, I got the Sonic Heroes CD from one of those punching bags!  :D  ;D
Coming 2099.

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #2173 on: March 20, 2008, 09:11:54 PM »
yea i saw u when u grabbed it lol i wanted it

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #2174 on: March 20, 2008, 09:48:45 PM »
where are you guys getting these smash sigs?

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
[19] 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal