collapse

Author Topic: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3  (Read 188049 times)

Offline Silva-silva

• Shadaloo's Overlord
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 26, 2019, 11:39:32 PM
  • Sono kubi... ka kiru
    • Email
Re: Official Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 thread
« Reply #7975 on: January 02, 2012, 10:23:47 AM »
Be honest... This would have been a TRILLION TIMES BETTER!!

Sorry, no chibi's, or any DAMN ANIMALS!! Just add water, true love for the franchise, 6 button's, loose that ridiculous X-Factor, and voila! You'll have a TRULY ultimate Marvel vs Capcom... Am I wrong...?

I dont see arthur...... or veiwtiful joe, amataratsu, phoenix wright......... wait I dont even think gene is there.

Edit: found gene. yay.....

"Are you a man who likes to beat their wife? Then head on over to Topeka Kansas, because it's now legal there." - Fox news

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #7976 on: January 02, 2012, 01:02:42 PM »
I dont see arthur...... or veiwtiful joe, amataratsu, phoenix wright......... wait I dont even think gene is there.

Ammy is an animal, and he said no animals.

As for Joe and Wright, I agree. I loved the VJ games and Mr Wright was (in my opinion) a cool inclusion to (U)MvC3

Offline Silva-silva

• Shadaloo's Overlord
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 26, 2019, 11:39:32 PM
  • Sono kubi... ka kiru
    • Email
« Reply #7977 on: January 02, 2012, 02:15:21 PM »
Be honest... This would have been a TRILLION TIMES BETTER!!

Sorry, no chibi's, or any DAMN ANIMALS!! Just add water, true love for the franchise, 6 button's, loose that ridiculous X-Factor, and voila! You'll have a TRULY ultimate Marvel vs Capcom... Am I wrong...?

I don't see shuma, Dormmamu, Omega red....

Man you don't like characters I like...

But winter soldier would've been full of win.

EDIT: Lol I thought this was whiplash but this my bro's account.

"Are you a man who likes to beat their wife? Then head on over to Topeka Kansas, because it's now legal there." - Fox news

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 02:35:37 AM
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #7978 on: January 02, 2012, 02:40:35 PM »
I know this is fun and all but damn, Jago's is getting carried away. Is is Ego getting bigger then his head?
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.
-Mei Ling quotting Shakespeare

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 07:29:56 PM
  • If you see this, I'm alive!
« Reply #7979 on: January 02, 2012, 03:57:20 PM »
okay that was hilarious lol im slammin my desk for a bit...
(click to show/hide)
zzz...I'm top tier...screw you Doom and Wesker...zzz

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #7980 on: January 02, 2012, 04:30:18 PM »
this week has shown me that getting to lord status only means you are going to have 80% spam matches, its crazy. i just had a match with a sixth lord who had a team of deadpool, arthur, dr doom, this is by far the most enraging spamming i have ever come across in this game since vanilla.
he used trigger happy with hidden missile to pin me in the corner but i was able to do damage by taking damage when i teleported behind him for a combo with vergil but would get hit by hidden missile right after. deadpool gets ko'd so he sends arthur out puts on the power up armor and xfactors. this guy stayed on the other side, threw those blue lances while using hidden missile assist. i got ko'd from the chip damage alone. i managed to ko him with wesker after his armor broke after taking alot of chip damage and got ko'd by doom's using plasma beam. so then its my morigan against his doom all he did was plasma beam then photon shot if i jumped to get close but he took damage since i waited and used her shadow blade hyper combo whenever hew went for a plasma beam. ran out of meeter so he just spammed photon shots so time could run out BUT morrigan's soul fist gets through a space after it spreads out so he got hit twice and i managed to crouch hit then launch him for a ko. i won but i was still mad. these guys love using doom for hidden missile and the surprising thing is when it comes down to just them having doom they don't know any other move besides plasma beam, hidden missile, and photon shot.

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 07:29:56 PM
  • If you see this, I'm alive!
« Reply #7981 on: January 02, 2012, 05:15:23 PM »
Spammers...playing keepaway is not my kind of style or my kind to fight. I EXTREMELY hate keepaway styles. It's so annoying and this is where I wish Jin Saotome was in the game so I can use the Blodia Vulcan and Blodia Pawnch on them!
(click to show/hide)
zzz...I'm top tier...screw you Doom and Wesker...zzz

Offline Skeletor-EX

• Artist, Musician, Video producer.
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:August 22, 2014, 10:21:32 PM
  • The truth HELPS! Not hurts... LISTEN!!
    • Skeletor-EX Mugen Youtube video channel...
    • Email
« Reply #7982 on: January 02, 2012, 05:50:05 PM »

Don't really care for Dormamu, but I do agree Omega red should be here... I'll add him in an update...

Post Merge: January 02, 2012, 06:08:21 PM

You DO see Arthur!! It's the Cannon spike version which should have been in this game anyway... As for Joe, he's a Chibi that should have been apart of UMVC3 Pocket edition. umm Amaterasu is an animal which I clearly stated that I'm against... And Phoenix Wright is just STUPID, period...! However we agree on Gene. I have no clue as to why Capcom didn't add this guy! Dumb move on their part...

Post Merge: January 02, 2012, 06:16:59 PM

Shuma's actually not a bad character now days... I'll add him...

And yes!! Winter Soldier would have been THE SHIZNIT!!  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 06:18:53 PM by Skeletor-EX »

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #7983 on: January 02, 2012, 06:22:33 PM »
Surprised you don't hate shuma... I really wish someone would help me with the one I'm making for mugen.... I need to edit his mystic smashes to be like mvc3.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #7984 on: January 02, 2012, 08:03:36 PM »
Skeletor - You still on the issue of Joe's appearance? I still think Joe would look weird with realistic proportions. Plus why exclude Joe for his chibi like appearance but not characters like Tron ... oh wait she's not here. Actually it looks like Megaman X is the only Megaman char I see here.

Offline Skeletor-EX

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #7985 on: January 02, 2012, 10:09:15 PM »
Skeletor - You still on the issue of Joe's appearance? I still think Joe would look weird with realistic proportions. Plus why exclude Joe for his chibi like appearance but not characters like Tron ... oh wait she's not here. Actually it looks like Megaman X is the only Megaman char I see here.

Because it looks stupid that's why... And actually, Zero's right next to Megaman X. I've updated this pic, and now Sigma's in there as well. Omega Red, Shuma, and ghost rider on the capcom side... Sagat, Vega, Balrog, Dudley, Yun, Yang, Strider Hien, and Sigma on the Capcom side... Dante was a secret character on Viewtiful Joe's game, and he was chibi style which makes sense! So why can't Joe grow up for a grown man fight...? When you have to crouch down to attack someone, and projectiles go over their heads, that's not only a problem, it's retarded!

Check out Arthur as a normal sized man: So yeah... It can be done...

Post Merge: January 02, 2012, 10:18:44 PM
Alright here's the update...

Can't fit anyone else...
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 10:21:34 PM by Skeletor-EX »

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #7986 on: January 02, 2012, 10:57:03 PM »
Dante was a secret character on Viewtiful Joe's game, and he was chibi style which makes sense! So why can't Joe grow up for a grown man fight...? When you have to crouch down to attack someone, and projectiles go over their heads, that's not only a problem, it's retarded!

Check out Arthur as a normal sized man: So yeah... It can be done...
[/img]
I'm not saying it can't be done. I just don't see why it's so sinfully horrible if they don't. If every character is around the same size, there's not a whole lot of visual difference.

I also don't see why you have to take MvC so serious thinking it's a serious series. It's established many a time it DOESN'T take itself seriously, even in the good installments.

Offline Skeletor-EX

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #7987 on: January 02, 2012, 11:27:33 PM »
I'm not saying it can't be done. I just don't see why it's so sinfully horrible if they don't. If every character is around the same size, there's not a whole lot of visual difference.

I also don't see why you have to take MvC so serious thinking it's a serious series. It's established many a time it DOESN'T take itself seriously, even in the good installments.

Really?? I just explained why in my last comment. It looks retarded as hell! And not serious huh...? MVC2 was played in tournaments world wide! How serious is that? And people still play it competitively to this day. There are more pissed off American fans then there are guys like you. That's why the games sales did horribly state side. Take a look at the MVC2 roster. There are some real bad asses on both sides! The only chibi's we had were Megaman, and Roll, but even they could be hit by normal attacks. Servebot was a joke to begin with, so who cares about him... UMVC3? Not as many bad asses here. Rocket is trash! I don't care what you say. That should have been Cable/Bishop. Arthur is cheap as hell, he's tiny, and spams the crap out of his spears. Amaterasu was just a stupid decision. MODOK is probably the most hated character in the entire freakin game because HE SUCKS!! Never mind man, I ain't goin down the long list of failures the trash a$$ game has to offer. Crapcom just dropped the ball BIG time... F##k that idiot company. Oh, and Marvel to!!  *Iceman ThumbsDown!*

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #7988 on: January 02, 2012, 11:28:23 PM »
i dont know man, not serious game vs serious players is 2 different things.  a game that doesnt take itself serious but garners tournament players world around is a whole different beast.  Most renowned players played mvc2 seriously. so that leaves it up to those who play. If it wasnt a serious game then it wouldnt have tournaments for pro players. any game can be taken seriously  depending on wether the people that wanna master it for tournaments or home entertainment want the best for they buck.  a game that doesnt take it self seriously...throws whatever in it just for the lolz of it  and you have to sort it out. my 4 cents. lol

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #7989 on: January 02, 2012, 11:32:11 PM »
Amaterasu was just a stupid decision. MODOK is probably the most hated character in the entire freakin game because HE SUCKS!!
Is that mainly because YOU suck playing as the character?

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2021, 04:30:43 PM
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #7990 on: January 02, 2012, 11:34:44 PM »
I uh...

I really only bought the game for Amaterasu.
You go 'head, keep on shouting about other people's opinions being retarded.
Cause y'know.
I guess your opinion is the only one that counts.

Offline JDubbs

• The Black Colossus and
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 03, 2019, 09:49:31 PM
  • JDubbs: 1st Name, Last Name
« Reply #7991 on: January 02, 2012, 11:38:10 PM »

EDIT2

That shouldnt be possible. Vergil/Dante = the new MSP
You think You Know Me

MK 9 mains: Ermac, Rain, Jax
MvC2 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Gambit, Bison, Charlie
MvC3 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Storm, Ryu, Taskmaster
[/URL]

MK 9 mains: Ermac, Rain, Jax
MvC2 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Gambit, Bison, Charlie
MvC3 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Storm, Ryu, Taskmaster

Offline Skeletor-EX

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #7992 on: January 02, 2012, 11:41:34 PM »
Is that mainly because YOU suck playing as the character?

Nah homie. I don't waste my time playing trash like this. I played it once at a friends house specifically just to be able to make a good case as to why this game is for dummies... MODOK as a character just plain SUCKS! Nothin more, nothin less...

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish

Offline Skeletor-EX

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #7994 on: January 02, 2012, 11:50:02 PM »
I uh...

I really only bought the game for Amaterasu.
You go 'head, keep on shouting about other people's opinions being retarded.
Cause y'know.
I guess your opinion is the only one that counts.

lol Apparently, there are more people than me who don't like this piece of garbage. The game only sold a little over 250,000 copies in the states genius...! So tell that to the millions of other Americans who ain't down with Crapcom right now...
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 01:16:55 PM by Skeletor-EX »

Offline Black Ops20

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 25, 2014, 06:44:40 PM
  • SGM Team Member & CFAS Team Member
« Reply #7995 on: January 03, 2012, 12:24:32 AM »
Really?? I just explained why in my last comment. It looks retarded as hell! And not serious huh...? MVC2 was played in tournaments world wide! How serious is that? And people still play it competitively to this day. There are more pissed off American fans then there are guys like you. That's why the games sales did horribly state side. Take a look at the MVC2 roster. There are some real bad asses on both sides! The only chibi's we had were Megaman, and Roll, but even they could be hit by normal attacks. Servebot was a joke to begin with, so who cares about him... UMVC3? Not as many bad asses here. Rocket is trash! I don't care what you say. That should have been Cable/Bishop. Arthur is cheap as hell, he's tiny, and spams the crap out of his spears. Amaterasu was just a stupid decision. MODOK is probably the most hated character in the entire freakin game because HE SUCKS!! Never mind man, I ain't goin down the long list of failures the trash a$$ game has to offer. Crapcom just dropped the ball BIG time... F##k that idiot company. Oh, and Marvel to!!  *Iceman ThumbsDown!*
Why would they make Arthur and Viewtiful Joe normal size. They made everybody look like the source game and comic they came from. They've always been that size and its not a problem. As for the roster, its not that bad. It could have been better but..eh what can you do. Its already out so what are you even complaining about. MVC 2 roster wasn't even better than this one. This roster is way more diverse than that one was. Might have had more characters but this roster was way more diverse(even though it could have been better).

Viewtiful Joe by Black Ops and Nestor

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2021, 04:30:43 PM
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #7996 on: January 03, 2012, 12:47:26 AM »
Apparently, there are more people than me who don't like this piece of garbage. The game only sold a little over $250,000 copies in the states genius...! So tell that to the millions of other Americans who ain't down with Crapcom right now...

The sales had nothing to do with the roster and everything to do with the game not being an FPS.

Do you really think the casual audience cares about the roster beyond "Oh dude, Spider-Man and Iron Man are fighting that guy from Street Fighter!"

250,000 copies is a fairly significant sell for a niche title (and don't be mistaken, the fighting genre is a niche.)

It would also be really cool if you'd tone down, you know, the sarcasm and calling everything "retarded." You kind of sound like you're hopscotching right out of middle school.

Offline Skeletor-EX

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #7997 on: January 03, 2012, 12:51:00 AM »
Why would they make Arthur and Viewtiful Joe normal size. They made everybody look like the source game and comic they came from. They've always been that size and its not a problem. As for the roster, its not that bad. It could have been better but..eh what can you do. Its already out so what are you even complaining about. MVC 2 roster wasn't even better than this one. This roster is way more diverse than that one was. Might have had more characters but this roster was way more diverse(even though it could have been better).

Dude... First off, The roster that I made kicks a$$! And would have sold waaay more than $250,000 copies! I can tell you that for a fact... Arthur looks awesome as a normal sized character! Did you check out the sprites I posted up? Evidently not... And Cannon spike Arthur was SICK!! Not only was he normal sized, but his armor was part cybernetic, making him even more badazz! I don't care if they're small in their source games. THIS AIN'T THEIR GAMES!! Their on a whole new playing field now, so they should be at least somewhat equal to each other instead of others having to crouch just to freakin hit them. If that's the case, why was Dante in chibi form when he was featured in Viewtiful Joe's game...? Why not make him full sized, and 3D...!? lol Who cares if it's in Joe's universe, Dante's tall, and a completely 3D character in his source game right?? Yeah... That wouldn't make a damn bit of sense... Just like UMVC3 doesn't. And I'm willing to bet, the roster is one HUGE reason why this game flopped horribly... KOF XIII Sold twice the amount of this trash in it's first week! Give it a rest homie, UMVC3 is an ultimate failure... Again, screw Crapcom AND Marble... Idiots...

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #7998 on: January 03, 2012, 12:52:04 AM »
i Agree the roster could have been better.
Arthur for me i can understand the nostalgia of the shortness and viewtiful joe, but too many projectiles go right over them. which is why i hate chibi's . If they wanna add in chibi's they should be able to take a projectile to the face like everyone else. lol .
Now as a die hard mvc2 player i was, that roster it has equal to better diversity in it and you could get funky with your combo sets. you could freestyle them as well. in mvc3 your more required to perform that chain. i feel a lost of fighter freedom.  Teleporting in this game is bumped to ridiculous as well. Wesker at times barely has to touch the ground. lol . i was smashing dudes that are better than me with him in my game sessions with my homies offline and i hate wesker. your right, it could have been better in this games roster, it should have been better. The cards are better than the characters and that for me is a bummer. KOF 13 did better than this game so i heard and this is supposed to be the Ultimate mvc game and all i see is less. If my 10 year old can spot it i wonder why the company cant. lol. Shuma Gorath is probaly the best port over from the last franchise. i love the dude and i used to hate him.

Offline Skeletor-EX

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #7999 on: January 03, 2012, 01:03:27 AM »
The sales had nothing to do with the roster and everything to do with the game not being an FPS.

Do you really think the casual audience cares about the roster beyond "Oh dude, Spider-Man and Iron Man are fighting that guy from Street Fighter!"

250,000 copies is a fairly significant sell for a niche title (and don't be mistaken, the fighting genre is a niche.)

It would also be really cool if you'd tone down, you know, the sarcasm and calling everything "retarded." You kind of sound like you're hopscotching right out of middle school.

lol... Boy oh boy... I can go on all night with you guys on this. lol On X-Box 360 ALONE, MVC2 sold well over $100,000,000 copies! And that game had a truck load of flaws in it!! Bottom line is, flawed or not, it was a better game, and the roster had all the greats in it! This crap put all of the best characters on yugioh cards!! lol Come with somethin better than that man...

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
[19] 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal