collapse

Author Topic: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3  (Read 188030 times)

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
Re: *Official Marvel vs Capcom 3 thread*
« Reply #6125 on: October 04, 2011, 05:11:31 PM »
I don't know what tomorrow will hold but I'm standing with G-Lux on this one so far.

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 03:38:37 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #6126 on: October 04, 2011, 05:12:33 PM »
But if I do that, then the terrorists win. I abandon my stance and I'm no better than the thousands of people that complain about things and then don't do anything about it. I know selling out is the norm nowadays but man I gotta stand for something, otherwise I'm just another NPC.
^^(PM)^ I stand by you bother

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 01, 2015, 10:02:57 PM
  • Proud Member of C.R.O.M. Visit My YouTube Channel
    • Visit My YouTube Channel
« Reply #6127 on: October 04, 2011, 10:19:05 PM »
But if I do that, then the terrorists win. I abandon my stance and I'm no better than the thousands of people that complain about things and then don't do anything about it. I know selling out is the norm nowadays but man I gotta stand for something, otherwise I'm just another NPC.

I don't know what tomorrow will hold but I'm standing with G-Lux on this one so far.

^^(PM)^ I stand by you bother

Sadly my brothers, this is a battle where we have more chances of losing than winning.  :-??

This is a real sensitive issue in the community, so I just want to share my point of view.

Let me start by saying that I hate the power these corporations have over the consumer and how poorly our satisfaction is addressed, when it should be their number one concern.

Now, I don’t know how Capcom operates internally, but the truth is that no matter what you and I do, at the end of the day every business decision comes down to financial numbers.

With that said, let’s talk some Business Administration and Accounting.

The basic accounting equation is:

Assets = Liabilities + Stock Holders Equity

In the case of Capcom this translates into:

($1.178 Billion = $422.2 Million + $755.8 Million) in US dollars based on their 2011 Balance Sheet numbers, which you can find in the following link:

http://investing.businessweek.com/businessweek/research/stocks/financials/financials.asp?ticker=9697:JP&dataset=balanceSheet&period=A&currency=US%20Dollar

The 2011 key figures in the Balance Sheet are:

$456.2 Million of Cash in Hand (a Huge amount)

$152 Million in Accounts Receivable (Money owed to them – another plus)

$118.7 Million in Accounts Payable (Operating Expenses/ Bills to Pay – which is significantly low)***

$55 Million in Short-Term Borrowings/ Short Term Debt (very low)

$53.5 Million in Long Term Debt (extremely low)

$299 Million in Retained Earnings (Money to be invested back into the company – significantly high)

These are all great numbers and their Income Statement is even more impressive:

http://investing.businessweek.com/businessweek/research/stocks/financials/financials.asp?ticker=9697:JP&dataset=incomeStatement&period=A&currency=US%20Dollar

The 2011 key figures in the Income Statement are:

$1.273.2 Billion in New Revenues (Highest in 4 years)

$486.1 Million in Gross Profits after Cost of Goods (Huge - 38% Margins)

$101 Million Net Income Positive (Great)

Their 4th Quarter produced their highest revenue and their fiscal year ends in March, which means that Marvel vs. Capcom 3 was a huge success, selling over 2 Million units in one month, as per the news article below:

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/may/06/capcom-has-terrific-year-financially-net-income-257/

This, along with the success of the Street Fighter 4 franchise, bumped their Net Income by 279% ($101 Million) from $28 Million in 2010, which allowed them to pay $26.9 Million in dividends (money back) to key investors in a time where the global economy is shaking, as seen in their Statement of Cash Flows below:

http://investing.businessweek.com/businessweek/research/stocks/financials/financials.asp?ticker=9697:JP&dataset=cashFlow&period=A&currency=US%20Dollar

MY POINT IS:

This is an incredibly solid company which has had its best year in the last 4, so Capcom has very little chance of disappearing even if they make a mistake and don’t please the fans.

Now, for the looks of it, Ultimate Chocolate was not a mistake at all because their stock has almost doubled since the announcement of that game and Street Fighter x Tekken, as seen in the graph below.

Also, we can conservatively estimate, based on all of the hype and people that have openly welcomed Ultimate MvC3, that at least 60% of the people that bought the original will buy the update, and looking again at the numbers above, this means that even then they can expect a profit. Plus, you can expect Capcom to reallocate bandwidth and server resources from the original to support the new one and alleviate expenses, which will force people to upgrade.

Keep also in mind that the ones that decide if a project is worked on or not are the white collar executives, not lead designers or programmers. The last two just follow directives from the executives with typical constraints as time to market and low budgets. White collars allocate budgets based on success rate and make decisions based on revenue, or as is more commonly known based on:

SUPPLY AND DEMAND

In other words, in paper, they have made a great business decision in making Ultimate MvC3, and you will not hurt Capcom by not buying Ultimate Chocolate, nor will you let the white collars know that you expected more. What you can really risk or get out of it is for the executives to scratch the next MvC3 or MvC4 installment all together because of low profits, or push it out far enough that will make the fans demand the next supply.

What you really need to do is buy it so they know that there is demand and that the franchise is alive and well, which will give us more installments. Now, if you want the product details to be addressed differently, like including Mega Man, Spectator Mode, etc, you need to communicate your opinion directly to the lead designers, magazines, important blogs, and public relation individuals like Seth Killian. They work on the details of the project and can communicate to the white collars to let them know that a higher budget or more resources are needed to please the fans which will result into more units sold, which will produce more revenues.

The truth is that if we don’t buy we risk losing the franchise, but if we buy we can gain more attention which can translate into better quality.  :thumbsup:

PS. I’m sure Acey can corroborate all of this, since he also has an accounting background.

Its pretty easy to use Zero, that combo I showed ya was mainly thanks to the assists.
I also have already done the Marn combo...yea thats what everyone calls it...the Marn Combo...its basically a loop, repeat, loop, repeat. Not hard.
As well as the Sogenmu+Sentsuizan Loop
You just have to time it all and react quick.
However, just like Ammy and Gouki, Zero is extremely weak in health. Hell he can easily be KOed by Sentinel's cheap crap.

I completely agree with you, it's all about timing. I just need to keep practicing...  ;D

« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 11:24:20 PM by C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle »

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #6128 on: October 04, 2011, 10:44:32 PM »

Kai, you wanna see some crazy Deadpool sh**??  :-??

Here you go...  :cool

PS. There is some Amaterasu and Ryu stuff as well... :)

lol yeah that dead pool sh*t was pretty wild and interesting :O*D
that was some cool KOF orochi team music too ^-^

Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #6129 on: October 04, 2011, 10:48:39 PM »
lol yeah that dead pool sh*t was pretty wild and interesting :O*D
that was some cool KOF orochi team music too ^-^

Yeah, that was the sh**...  ;D

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 18, 2024, 06:53:02 PM
  • If you see this, I'm alive!
« Reply #6130 on: October 04, 2011, 11:21:03 PM »
Its official, Im probably gonna start using Zero more and use him online, til next IMT Lobby...whenever...
(click to show/hide)
zzz...I'm top tier...screw you Doom and Wesker...zzz

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #6131 on: October 04, 2011, 11:25:36 PM »
Its official, Im probably gonna start using Zero more and use him online, til next IMT Lobby...whenever...

I should have stayed quiet...  \-/o

« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 11:32:28 PM by C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle »

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #6132 on: October 04, 2011, 11:31:17 PM »
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #6133 on: October 04, 2011, 11:37:07 PM »
 >:D

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #6134 on: October 05, 2011, 12:30:25 AM »

I should have stayed quiet...  \-/o

stayed quiet about what?
Im mainly using Zero because he was one of my mains in TvC, tied 2nd to Tekkaman Blade...

Btw I have made some TvC videos way back...
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Offline G.P.O.A - GatlingPunchRalf

• Idea and Advice
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 23, 2013, 07:31:01 AM
  • IMT's Unofficial Advisor and Brainstormer
« Reply #6135 on: October 05, 2011, 12:59:21 AM »
GLux, Acey and I have the 360 version. Send me a friend request... :thumbsup:

Username: ManoloStyle
I'm not exactly the best at the game, but my Skrull's one tough cookie! I'll send the request ASAP!

Sprite Contest Organizer and Beloved Personality

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #6136 on: October 05, 2011, 01:17:35 AM »
I'm not exactly the best at the game, but my Skrull's one tough cookie! I'll send the request ASAP!

You aint got PS3?
(click to show/hide)

• Idea and Advice
  • Contributor
« Reply #6137 on: October 05, 2011, 01:18:18 AM »
You aint got PS3?
Sometimes, I wish I did. I'm a LBP addict T^T

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #6138 on: October 05, 2011, 01:23:59 AM »
stayed quiet about what?
Im mainly using Zero because he was one of my mains in TvC, tied 2nd to Tekkaman Blade...

Btw I have made some TvC videos way back...
(click to show/hide)

Cool videos. I bought TvC but didn't get into it and traded it within two weeks. Now that I see it again, I see that it looks and plays very different than MvC3. Also, I never noticed that TvC had assist and some type of X-Factor/Pandora feature...   /:O

Cool. I'm not playing tonight, but I will be tomorrow...  :thumbsup:

PS. What is LBP?  :-??

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 14, 2024, 03:10:11 AM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #6139 on: October 05, 2011, 01:30:41 AM »
LBP - Little Big Planet

And yes, TvC has Baroque but it doesn't last nearly as long as X-Factor and it burns your recovery life for it's use.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #6140 on: October 05, 2011, 01:36:53 AM »

Cool videos. I bought TvC but didn't get into it and traded it within two weeks. Now that I see it again, I see that it looks and plays very different than MvC3. Also, I never noticed that TvC had assist and some type of X-Factor/Pandora feature...   /:O

You shouldnt have traded it, it was very well balanced and each feature had its own major cost to the player.

The first feature is the Mega Crash, it was used quite a lot especially to avoid long and high damaging combos. The big cost was that it takes 2 Meters and a portion of your health to use it. (about 10%)

The 2nd is WAY better than the Crap Factor of MvC3. It is called Baroque. This feature is a risky one but high in reward. The red health gets used up to continue a combo, the damage you do is increased too. The higher the red health you have the more damaging your combo can be. Once you use it, make SURE you finish that combo. using this feature means leaving no room for mistakes.

With Mega Crash baroque may seem useless, so it is best used when your opponent doesnt have enough meter to use Mega Crash.

The game was kinda slow...in fact very slow compared to MvC3. But it was fun as hell, winning took a lot more patience than MvC3. In MvC3, use X-Factor and ya win...simple as that...TvC isnt like that...
(click to show/hide)

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 14, 2024, 03:10:11 AM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #6141 on: October 05, 2011, 01:44:57 AM »
DCL, we need to TVC someday then.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #6142 on: October 05, 2011, 01:45:43 AM »
LBP - Little Big Planet

And yes, TvC has Baroque but it doesn't last nearly as long as X-Factor and it burns your recovery life for it's use.

You know, I've never played Little Big Planet. Is that anything like Kung Fu Chaos for original XBox?  :-??

Also, I never knew that about TvC...  /:O

You shouldnt have traded it, it was very well balanced and each feature had its own major cost to the player.

The first feature is the Mega Crash, it was used quite a lot especially to avoid long and high damaging combos. The big cost was that it takes 2 Meters and a portion of your health to use it. (about 10%)

The 2nd is WAY better than the Crap Factor of MvC3. It is called Baroque. This feature is a risky one but high in reward. The red health gets used up to continue a combo, the damage you do is increased too. The higher the red health you have the more damaging your combo can be. Once you use it, make SURE you finish that combo. using this feature means leaving no room for mistakes.

With Mega Crash baroque may seem useless, so it is best used when your opponent doesnt have enough meter to use Mega Crash.

The game was kinda slow...in fact very slow compared to MvC3. But it was fun as hell, winning took a lot more patience than MvC3. In MvC3, use X-Factor and ya win...simple as that...TvC isnt like that...

Again, I never knew those things about TvC... /:O

I really should have given it more of a chance, but I tried for 2 weeks and couldn't get into it. I doubt I would try it again after MvC3, but the vids were cool to watch.  :)

I do love Gatchaman though, both original, which I never missed as a kid and the more recently updated versions. I have both on DVD...  :thumbsup:

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #6143 on: October 05, 2011, 01:53:53 AM »
You know, I've never played Little Big Planet.
it was free for the welcome back program after psn came back online. you didnt get it?

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #6144 on: October 05, 2011, 01:59:09 AM »
it was free for the welcome back program after psn came back online. you didnt get it?

Nooo. Can I still get it?   /:O

• Idea and Advice
  • Contributor
« Reply #6145 on: October 05, 2011, 02:03:35 AM »
If I had a Wii, I would play nothing but TvC and SSBB. My Batsu is UNBEATABLE in TvC, and that was in a tournament. (: 3) 1st place and 500 bucks.

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #6146 on: October 05, 2011, 02:05:14 AM »
If I had a Wii, I would play nothing but TvC and SSBB. My Batsu is UNBEATABLE in TvC, and that was in a tournament. (: 3) 1st place and 500 bucks.

Unbeatable Batsu? I would have love to battle ya in TvC...
(click to show/hide)

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #6147 on: October 05, 2011, 02:07:34 AM »

Nooo. Can I still get it?   /:O
hmm it looks like the chance to get it expired in july

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #6148 on: October 05, 2011, 02:14:58 AM »
hmm it looks like the chance to get it expired in july

\-/o

• Idea and Advice
  • Contributor
« Reply #6149 on: October 05, 2011, 02:18:53 AM »
Unbeatable Batsu? I would have love to battle ya in TvC...
Try Batsu and Joe combo. It sounds really strange, but once you learn Batsu's ins and outs, he will make a perfect breaker.
Oh, and I just self-taught myself Akuma in MvC3. I shouldn't (hopefully) need the Shun-Goku-Satsu.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:15:00 AM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 01:00:10 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
[19] 20 21 22 23 24 25