collapse

Author Topic: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3  (Read 188031 times)

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
Re: *Official Marvel vs Capcom 3 thread*
« Reply #5925 on: September 21, 2011, 09:00:29 AM »
Did he just say that something undiscovered hasn't been discovered yet?

lolwut
I noticed that too. lol

Offline C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 01, 2015, 10:02:57 PM
  • Proud Member of C.R.O.M. Visit My YouTube Channel
    • Visit My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5926 on: September 21, 2011, 12:06:17 PM »
Did I see this right? Manolo uses Sentinel now? I'm lost for words. What to say that I havent already said about this game

:DxDie :D :DxDie

Sentinel is just one of my characters. I should have added him a long time ago. I know he is deadly, but he is not invincible. I have no problem beating Sentinel now that I know how, as you can see in the video I posted below against a really good Sentinel user. I also re-posted in the video's description a list of strategies I use against Hulk and Sentinel, which I posted in some other videos before...  :thumbsup:

By the way, here is a list of all the characters I currently use, although I am still learning others that could join their ranks pretty soon. I mix and match them to form my teams. Now, Wesker, “The Bodyguard” is always in the team…  ;D

1. Wesker
2. Amaterasu
3. Dante
4. Hulk
5. Tron Bonne
6. Chun Li
7. Deadpool
8. Sentinel

My current favorite combinations are:

1. Amaterasu, Hulk and Wesker
2. Amaterasu, Sentinel and Wesker
3. Hulk, Sentinel and Wesker
4. Tron Bonne, Chun Li and Wesker
5. Amaterasu, Wesker and Dante
6. Deadpool, Hulk and Wesker

PS. I am looking forward to add Nemesis, Strider, Vergil, Iron Fist and Ghost Rider…  :w00t:

On another note:

Here is a video of some Excellent Matches I had with this player dragonage, who I met online during some Player Matches. His Hulk and Sentinel are extremely deadly. We were going toe to toe at the beginning until I decided to bring some of the big guns and start recording. There is something about recording a match that makes me want to play better and win no matter the cost…  :P

Now, here is something very interesting. These are some videos, in order, of some Great Matches I had against BetterWeaponX, who I met during some online Player Matches. His X-Factor Wesker, which is frickin’ better than my X-Factor Wesker, is very tough to beat, but I had a blast against him… :cool

I had already lost 3 matches in a row until I decided to bring in one of my best teams, Amaterasu, Hulk and Wesker and started recording the matches… ;)

Let me know what you guys think.  :)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #5927 on: September 21, 2011, 12:43:50 PM »
He states that one of the goals for the game was to make everyone a powerful character, and not have any worthless fighters in the game

Anyone wanna make the obvious joke and pull up a picture of MODOK?

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #5928 on: September 21, 2011, 12:46:31 PM »
Anyone wanna make the obvious joke and pull up a picture of MODOK?

Modok's is about as good as Felicia.

She really needs some serious buffs or something cause she really sucks.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #5929 on: September 21, 2011, 12:50:35 PM »
She [Felicia] really needs some serious buffs or something cause she really sucks.
Did they say if she was getting changes for Chocolate MvC3?

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 18, 2024, 06:53:02 PM
  • If you see this, I'm alive!
« Reply #5930 on: September 21, 2011, 01:10:06 PM »

Felicia? Buffs...? (These vids are old and maybe they were patched...lol patched, yea right...)

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
zzz...I'm top tier...screw you Doom and Wesker...zzz

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #5931 on: September 21, 2011, 01:15:51 PM »

I have to disagree, I met a 2nd Lord the other day that was a total beast with her. He was nearly unbeatable with Felicia as a starter and her combos could make anyone cry. I didn't even know she had an OTG before I fought this guy.  /:O

Thank God for my Amy and Sentinel assist that setup Wesker or I wouldn't have won a single match...  #:-S

Post Merge: September 21, 2011, 01:18:24 PM

EDIT:

I have also met several really good Modok users that can punish anyone with some really long combos. /:O

I just think that they are uninteresting characters with very uncommon gameplay, but can be really deadly in the right hands... :-??

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #5932 on: September 21, 2011, 01:19:40 PM »
Felicia? Buffs...? (These vids are old and maybe they were patched...lol patched, yea right...)

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

yeah but you need to start 5 hyper bars to do both of those 100% combos. I can do 100% combos with shuma, that doesn't mean he's good.

And besides, most discussions I've seen seem to come to the concensus that she's probably the worst char in the game.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 01:41:16 PM by -Whiplash- »

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #5933 on: September 21, 2011, 02:31:44 PM »
Gameplays by Vergil (JAP voice) and Iron Fist.

These two videos were CRAAAZY AWESOME !!!  :o

Not only because of Vergil and Iron Fist, but Ryu's new moves were nuts. Also, that Arthur was a combo menace and Nemesis was beast.   /:O

I also loved the teleport battles between Strider and Dormammu. Both matches were just plain SICK...   @-)

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 02:35:37 AM
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #5934 on: September 21, 2011, 02:34:19 PM »
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/sep/21/mlg-talks-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-capcom-fight-club/
on Sept. 21, 2011 at 12:06 a.m.  Major League Gaming's Slasher attended Capcom's recent New York Fight Club and got the chance to talk with Capcom's Ryan McDougall about how Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is shaping up.

In the first video(http://tv.majorleaguegaming.com/videos/76587-the-rundown-on-capcom-s-new-games[/b]]http://tv.majorleaguegaming.com/videos/76587-the-rundown-on-capcom-s-new-games), Ryan mentions they're trying to make the game more tactical and get the focus off of 30-second long combos and more about the spacing on screen. He also covers the X-Factor changes and states again that they're toning down level 3 X-Factor a bit so it's not just a few hits to K.O. someone.

McDougall added that Street Fighter 3 Third Strike Online Edition was a testing ground for new features, and he says to look for similar things in future titles.

In the second clip(http://tv.majorleaguegaming.com/videos/76586-character-development[/b]]http://tv.majorleaguegaming.com/videos/76586-character-development), some changes to Magneto and Wolverine are discussed, and you get to hear the direction the developers are hoping to take with these fighters.

Lastly, there are two videos with community members, one of them is with TS|Arturo Sanchez(http://tv.majorleaguegaming.com/videos/76588-slasher-and-the-street-fighter-pro[/b]]http://tv.majorleaguegaming.com/videos/76588-slasher-and-the-street-fighter-pro) about the differences between SFxT and SSF4 AE, and how he thinks the community will handle having these two games in the spotlight, and the last bit is with random people (http://tv.majorleaguegaming.com/videos/76589-if-it-s-your-first-time-at-fight-club[/b]]http://tv.majorleaguegaming.com/videos/76589-if-it-s-your-first-time-at-fight-club)who were in line for the event.
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.
-Mei Ling quotting Shakespeare

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #5935 on: September 21, 2011, 02:52:58 PM »
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/sep/21/mlg-talks-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-capcom-fight-club/

Cool Stuff...  :thumbsup:

By the way, I haven't seen anyone post this. If someone did, my apologies. I just found it interesting...  :)

Niitsuma is interviewed over Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/sep/16/niitsuma-interviewed-over-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3/

Dengeki News recently published an interview with Ryota Niitsuma, the producer of Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. In it, he discusses the newly announced characters Vergil and Iron Fist. He also talks about the changes to X-Factor and Phoenix Wright.

This interview was originally in Japanese, but it was translated by myself.

Dengeki: To start off, let's talk about the characters you revealed on the TGS stage.

Niitsuma: The concept behind Vergil was the same concept we used when designing Dante. When producing [Vergil's] original techniques, we made sure to differ him from Dante. Now that our design of him is complete, all that's left is fine-tuning his techniques. You could say "Like Dante, but not Dante" when describing him, as that is the feel we were trying to transmit when playing as him.

Iron Fist, to put it bluntly, is a "Fei Long" type of character. One of his signature techniques is an attack with three different parts, separated by Light, Medium and Hard Attack. Because he can follow up off the ground with this technique as well, I really feel that this makes him an interesting character.

UMvC3 characters were polished quickly despite very little time to work, but I believe the two presentations today show the craftsmanship behind the two recently announced characters.

Dengeki: I was astonished to hear Mr. Hiroaka Hirata (Vergil's Devil May Cry 3 voice actor) was to reprise Vergil.

Niitsuma: That was decided by both the Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 team and the Devil May Cry team. The final call for Vergil's voice was up to me and the producer [Kobayashi] in the end.

Dengeki: What is your feeling over the choice [for Vergil's voice actor]?

Niitsuma: It was a very smart choice, right? Just perfect! I thought his Japanese voice would inspire a feeling of astonishment.

Dengeki: What was your reasoning behind the redesign of the appearance of X-Factor on the HUD?

Niitsuma: There were often beginners who would lose games without activating X-Factor, and there were times when the team would frustratingly say "use it, use it!" That is something we wanted to eliminate with a redesign.

Dengeki: You've altered X-Factor's effectiveness, yes?

Niitsuma: The biggest change is the ability to use it in the air. Connecting two techniques in the air with the use of X-Factor is now possible. Because X-Factor was becoming more of a lopsided technique in favor of offense, there were decisions made to counter this effect. To be specific, the amount of time you are in X-Factor Level 1 and 3 have been changed.

Dengeki: Any other system adjustments?

Niitsuma: The Team Aerial Combo. We added ways for you to steal hyper combo gauge during the exchange.

Dengeki: There have been quite a few changes [in UMvC3]!

Niitsuma: The truth is, our team has tried to make big changes to X-Factor. This was a rejected idea, but it was thought that we would give the X-Factor user continuous one-hit Super armor after activation. It was decided in the end that this was akin to giving out infinites in X-Factor, so to defend against such a strong system like that a Mega Crash system would have to be put into the game.

(Editor Note from the article: Mega Crash is a system in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom that acts as a Burst to free you from your opponent's combo. In that game you needed two bars of hyper meter to use it and it took away roughly 10-15% of your life bar.)

We realized that after all these changes that the game was becoming too complex, so we specified our plans in terms of simplicity. We thought to ourselves, "such a system would make it Marvel vs. Capcom 4, not 3." Proceeding with that attitude, we have only touched the time X-Factor is active.

Dengeki: What about future character announcements?

Niitsuma: The illustration on the stage [at TGS] had all 50 characters on it. While we are considering the idea of DLC characters, nothing has been decided yet. Because of that, it's almost like a fresh start for us now (Laughs). If I may speak honestly, our team hasn't decided yet whether or not we want to do DLC characters at all.

Dengeki: On the illustration shown on stage we could see the protagonist of Ace Attorney, Phoenix Wright. When will we get to see him in action?

Niitsuma: Please wait a little longer. We are still working on his very interesting presentation video. He reminds me of Hakushon Daimaou from Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. To put the comparison in perspective, it's "I don't have attack motions, but I will make my own way of attacking." (Laughs)

Dengeki: This interview was a lot of fun! To send it off, please give a message to the players in Japan.

Niitsuma: The same of which we will say on stage today(which includes plans and announcements). We have tailored the announcements today in various ways to Japan, so we wish to say thank you very much for your praise and support!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #5936 on: September 21, 2011, 04:55:18 PM »
Yes she does. I'm trying to start using her, since I need more quick characters to add to my teams, but it's hard to learn anything when she's taken out half way through a Manolo combo before really doing much. lol
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 05:16:57 PM by C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives! »

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #5937 on: September 21, 2011, 05:24:01 PM »
Yes she does. I'm trying to start using her, since I need more quick characters to add to my teams, but it's hard to learn anything when she's taken out half way through a Manolo combo before really doing much. lol

:DxDie :D :DxDie

By the way, I'm telling you, you should play some Ranked Matches or Player Matches from Arcade. They really teach me a lot. I see a lot of people doing stuff which I didn't know could be done and then I go to training and practice it for a while...  :cool

I just learned last night that Hulk can OTG himself into his Air Hyper from the corner when I saw this 2nd Lord smack me with it. I usually use Wesker's or Deadpool's OTG assist for that but couldn't do it when I had Hulk by himself...  :-??

• Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #5938 on: September 21, 2011, 05:41:34 PM »
I do, (in fact I play against a horrible spammer yesterday) but I haven't had much free time since around the time I started using her.

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #5939 on: September 21, 2011, 05:54:52 PM »
I do, (in fact I play against a horrible spammer yesterday) but I haven't had much free time since around the time I started using her.

I HATE SPAMMERS !!!   ~X(

In fact, I am looking to create a spamming team in case I meet a spammer in some Player Matches or a Lobby and get a rematch. I still beat a lot of them with my teams, but I would love to pay them back with their own medicine...  \-/o

• Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #5940 on: September 21, 2011, 06:01:11 PM »
I would love to pay them back with their own medicine...  \-/o

Which is exactly what I did. He was spamming with Dr. Doom. Deadpool's guns spam faster. ;D

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #5941 on: September 21, 2011, 06:12:03 PM »
Which is exactly what I did. He was spamming with Dr. Doom. Deadpool's guns spam faster. ;D

Niiice !!! That should show the loser...  \-/o

Deadpool is the only character that can spam projectiles, but I don't use him that often, and Wesker's gun is not a good spam in my opinion...  :-??

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #5942 on: September 21, 2011, 06:16:51 PM »
As those who fought me in the lobby saw my Deadpool strategy is generally in the air, projectile, repeat (with a few dashes and katana-ramas, too.)
I played against someone online that was the most evil spammer ever, using Arthur. I now hate Arthur just from that match. ~X(
(it cut out before the fight finished so I didn't get a chance to go ape-poop crazy on him)

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #5943 on: September 21, 2011, 06:31:17 PM »

Hands down the worst spammer team I have met is Dormammu standing in one corner using his projectile over and over while calling Magneto's Disruptor assist or Doom's projectile assist constantly, and then he used the hyper when available. I couldn't get passed him from the beginning of the match since I wasn't expecting it. :-??

I did get a chance to meet him again and won because I stayed close to him from the beginning and he was no match for Amy's bite, but the first match was brutal... @-)

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #5944 on: September 21, 2011, 10:03:34 PM »
The new themes for the new characters are up on the Japans site
http://capcom.co.jp/mvsc3/character_strange.html
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #5945 on: September 21, 2011, 10:17:33 PM »
The new themes for the new characters are up on the Japans site
http://capcom.co.jp/mvsc3/character_strange.html

Cool. My favorites are Iron Fist, Dr. Strange, Strider and Vergil's...  :thumbsup:

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/sep/20/niitsuma-we-dont-want-worthless-characters-umvc3/

I finally got to watch this interview. Did anybody notice that on 1:30 during the exchange of the air combo, each character kinda flickers before leaving the screen and each switch gives the team a hyper bar? They gained three hyper bars in one combo, but the other team doesn't loose any hyper bars, so I guess they are not stealing them...  /:O

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #5946 on: September 21, 2011, 10:31:52 PM »

Cool. My favorites are Iron Fist, Dr. Strange, Strider and Vergil's...  :thumbsup:

I finally got to watch this interview. Did anybody notice that on 1:30 during the exchange of the air combo, each character kinda flickers before leaving the screen and each switch gives the team a hyper bar? They gained three hyper bars in one combo, but the other team doesn't loose any hyper bars, so I guess they are not stealing them...  /:O

When TAC is used, one of the combo chains need to take place hence the glow. Depending on which direction you pick you get a different effect. Down + S gives you an extra energy bar, Forward or Backward + S takes a bar away from the opponent, and Up + S does extra damage to them. its the same on the original except no meter is taken away with Forward or Backward + S, you get half a meter.

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #5947 on: September 21, 2011, 10:49:11 PM »
When TAC is used, one of the combo chains need to take place hence the glow. Depending on which direction you pick you get a different effect. Down + S gives you an extra energy bar, Forward or Backward + S takes a bar away from the opponent, and Up + S does extra damage to them. its the same on the original except no meter is taken away with Forward or Backward + S, you get half a meter.

Wow !!! I had no idea some of that was in the original. Cool to know. Thanks...  :)

Offline JDubbs

• The Black Colossus and
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 03, 2019, 09:49:31 PM
  • JDubbs: 1st Name, Last Name
« Reply #5948 on: September 22, 2011, 12:47:10 AM »
God why does Hawkeye's theme sound so terrible????????????????????????  :o :o

and they totally effed up Strider's theme. I was actually semi excited for it, but it just sucks.

As for the rest, I'm not impressed.

My mini rant about this game that I just realized: Why is X-Factor even in this game if you're going to tone it down? One of the worst things that they added to this game besides Sentinel. There should be an option to turn it off
You think You Know Me

MK 9 mains: Ermac, Rain, Jax
MvC2 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Gambit, Bison, Charlie
MvC3 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Storm, Ryu, Taskmaster
[/URL]

MK 9 mains: Ermac, Rain, Jax
MvC2 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Gambit, Bison, Charlie
MvC3 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Storm, Ryu, Taskmaster

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 18, 2024, 06:53:02 PM
  • If you see this, I'm alive!
« Reply #5949 on: September 22, 2011, 01:19:50 AM »
God why does Hawkeye's theme sound so terrible????????????????????????  :o :o

and they totally effed up Strider's theme. I was actually semi excited for it, but it just sucks.

As for the rest, I'm not impressed.

My mini rant about this game that I just realized: Why is X-Factor even in this game if you're going to tone it down? One of the worst things that they added to this game besides Sentinel. There should be an option to turn it off

Exactly...

Also, before its "nerf", X-Factor pretty much gives you a whopping 60% damage boost at Level 3, Level 2 gives you about 40% and Level 1 is 20% boost.
Its very ridiculous so Im pretty much expecting the % to change in Chocolate MvC3.
Level 3 = 30-40%
Level 2 = 15-20%
Level 1 = 5-10%

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
zzz...I'm top tier...screw you Doom and Wesker...zzz

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:15:00 AM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 01:00:10 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
[19] 20 21 22 23 24 25