collapse

Author Topic: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3  (Read 188040 times)

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
Re: *Official Marvel vs Capcom 3 thread*
« Reply #5775 on: September 14, 2011, 02:41:32 AM »
aww man i let my friend borrow my rdr last week.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 14, 2024, 03:10:11 AM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #5776 on: September 14, 2011, 02:51:22 AM »
it's a free DLC pack too.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 01, 2015, 10:02:57 PM
  • Proud Member of C.R.O.M. Visit My YouTube Channel
    • Visit My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5777 on: September 14, 2011, 09:40:10 AM »

I still haven't played RDR... :'(

I'm hooked on MvC3 and can't seem to play anything else. I just love it sooo much and want to learn more and more and more and more and... =P~

Am I never going to play another game again and have to join MvC3 Anonymous...? /:O

Noooooooooooo !!!  :o

...and YES !!!  >:D

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #5778 on: September 14, 2011, 10:07:11 AM »
I still haven't played RDR... :'(

I'm hooked on MvC3 and can't seem to play anything else. I just love it sooo much and want to learn more and more and more and more and... =P~

Am I never going to play another game again and have to join MvC3 Anonymous...? /:O

Noooooooooooo !!!  :o

...and YES !!!  >:D

Learning a game like MvC3 is just like learning to play Jazz, and the infinite possibilites and chains and options are all there. Fighting games are a real skill.

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #5779 on: September 14, 2011, 10:37:00 AM »
Learning a game like MvC3 is just like learning to play Jazz, and the infinite possibilites and chains and options are all there. Fighting games are a real skill.

Well spoken sir... ^^(PM)^

It makes me feel like I'm a student at Juilliard getting an education on the art of MvC3. That is sooo exciting; and I love it... ^-^

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #5780 on: September 14, 2011, 10:43:24 AM »
And it really is a life long persuit. In my case everything I learned in Street Fighter II, SNK games and on through the Versus series, all the intuition and mussel memory, gives me a bost in learning new games today. There are some thing that you just have to put in the hours to really have an edge on, especially reading the opponent.

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #5781 on: September 14, 2011, 11:28:36 AM »
And it really is a life long persuit. In my case everything I learned in Street Fighter II, SNK games and on through the Versus series, all the intuition and mussel memory, gives me a bost in learning new games today. There are some thing that you just have to put in the hours to really have an edge on, especially reading the opponent.

^^(PM)^

I completely agree. I have been playing fighting games since Karate Champ and Yie Ar Kung Fu were first released in arcades. I still remember the first time I played Street Fighter 1 with the huge buttons and thought it was the greatest game ever. I also remember when I first played Street Fighter 2, Art of Fighting, Fatal Fury, Samurai Shodown, Mortal Kombat and Killer Instinct. I was an Arcade dweller and would play for hours on end with a dollar.

I remember having to place the quarter on top of the machine to make the line and how great it felt to be the one targeted by the crowd to take down my Ryu, Scorpion, Terry, Robert, Ukyo or Jago, while everybody creeped to look over my shoulder.

I still remember my 27 game winning streak on Super Street Fighter 2 with Ryu and people getting anxious to get me out telling the players "watch out for his combo or his Tatsu/Shoryuken, or try this or try that". That was AWESOME and I still remember it with lots of joy...

Needless to say, having Street Fighter 2 at home for the first time on the SNES was a dream come true... :-j

Great times and they were all worth it... :w00t:

« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 01:12:29 PM by C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle »

Offline Silva-silva

• Shadaloo's Overlord
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 26, 2019, 11:39:32 PM
  • Sono kubi... ka kiru
    • Email
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 12:29:42 PM by Silva-silva »

"Are you a man who likes to beat their wife? Then head on over to Topeka Kansas, because it's now legal there." - Fox news

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #5783 on: September 14, 2011, 12:52:23 PM »
Just saw the Virgil stuff, since Dante get's a clone can we have Ken in the game now?

Edit: I wonder if night time stages count as "new"stages or if we're going to get 8 real new stages.

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 18, 2024, 06:53:02 PM
  • If you see this, I'm alive!
« Reply #5784 on: September 14, 2011, 12:55:15 PM »
Just saw the Virgil stuff, since Dante get's a clone can we have Ken in the game now?

I wouldnt be so sure to calling him a clone. He does have similar moves to Dante but his arsenal is mainly based on swords...so...yeah wheres Ken?
(click to show/hide)
zzz...I'm top tier...screw you Doom and Wesker...zzz

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #5785 on: September 14, 2011, 01:05:56 PM »
I just watched Iron Fist now, I hope they give him a Fei Long skin.

Offline Silva-silva

• Shadaloo's Overlord
  • Infinity Regular
  • Sono kubi... ka kiru
    • Email
« Reply #5786 on: September 14, 2011, 01:08:44 PM »

Edit: I wonder if night time stages count as "new"stages or if we're going to get 8 real new stages.

Yeah I remember the part where virgil used his guns to otg into his second launcher.

"Are you a man who likes to beat their wife? Then head on over to Topeka Kansas, because it's now legal there." - Fox news

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #5787 on: September 14, 2011, 01:23:24 PM »

Yeah I remember the part where virgil used his guns to otg into his second launcher.

I saw he had Killer Bee and the drop down sword move as well. Couldn't they come up with something new...?  \-/o

PS. Iron Fist surprised me. He looks decent... 8)

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #5788 on: September 14, 2011, 01:27:33 PM »
Yay Vita?

"The full console version made portable, with new surprises to be announced"... so now they're telling us the portable version is gonna have more stuff than the console will?

Yeah, nuff said.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #5789 on: September 14, 2011, 01:32:51 PM »
I'm really liking how Iron Fist is in this game

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #5790 on: September 14, 2011, 01:43:13 PM »
"The full console version made portable, with new surprises to be announced"... so now they're telling us the portable version is gonna have more stuff than the console will?

Yeah, nuff said.

Hopefully Vita players will be able to play against PS3 players... ;D

Offline Silva-silva

• Shadaloo's Overlord
  • Infinity Regular
  • Sono kubi... ka kiru
    • Email
« Reply #5791 on: September 14, 2011, 01:44:46 PM »

Yeah, nuff said.

Its probably has something to do with the touch screen/motion controls of the vita. But If it does have to do with characters/stages/modes with luck maybe dlc?

I saw he had Killer Bee and the drop down sword move as well. Couldn't they come up with something new...?  \-/o

So only two moves that are similar to dante, so you compare to ryu and ken? I don't see it as them not thinking of something new unless he didnt do it in DMC3.

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #5792 on: September 14, 2011, 01:52:32 PM »
New pack called "Myths and Mavericks". Adds new characters to multiplayer and adds some new modes to maps.
Yeah. Some of the maps add bears and cougars to FFA .

Yeah, nuff said.
This isn't new for fighters on the PSP... SFA3, MKD, Tekken 5, BBCS, BBCT, etc...

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #5793 on: September 14, 2011, 01:58:08 PM »
So only two moves that are similar to dante, so you compare to ryu and ken? I don't see it as them not thinking of something new unless he didnt do it in DMC3.

There shouldn't be a single recycled move, unless they want to take the Ken/Ryu path, and that should not be allowed to continue being revisited... [-X

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #5794 on: September 14, 2011, 02:15:32 PM »
...This isn't new for fighters on the PSP... SFA3, MKD, Tekken 5, BBCS, BBCT, etc...

It's the timing. MKD portable came out 2 years after the console release. Tekken: DR came out a  1-1/2 years, Alpha 3 doesn't even come close, etc. BBCS and CT a year later.

It's the timing bro. Ultimate's not even out yet, and they're practically telling us expect it early next year on Vita, they even confirmed it as a launch title. They gotta push that Vita sale since they're putting so much into it being a success. SFxT Vita, UMvC3 Vita, Monster Hunter 3G, if Vita don't sell Crapcom is gonna take such a massive hit.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 02:35:37 AM
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #5795 on: September 14, 2011, 02:47:48 PM »

There shouldn't be a single recycled move, unless they want to take the Ken/Ryu path, and that should not be allowed to continue being revisited... [-X

But the thing is when DMC 3 came out, during the story, Vergil picks up the gauntlets that Dante later gets, hence why they have the same killer bee move, as the Helm Breaker, the over the head move, Vergil only used it when he got the force edge which was at the last part of the game and played similar to Dante with rebellion sword. If anything vergil only had three weapons in total while Dante had ten. Not to mention both of the weapons that vergil gets he loses, and Dante later gets. Vergil has two of the same moves from Dante since Dante and vergil are using the same weapons
(BTW the Force edge is the sword Dante's Alt Sparda costume has).
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.
-Mei Ling quotting Shakespeare

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #5796 on: September 14, 2011, 03:37:29 PM »
But the thing is when DMC 3 came out, during the story, Vergil picks up the gauntlets that Dante later gets, hence why they have the same killer bee move, as the Helm Breaker, the over the head move, Vergil only used it when he got the force edge which was at the last part of the game and played similar to Dante with rebellion sword. If anything vergil only had three weapons in total while Dante had ten. Not to mention both of the weapons that vergil gets he loses, and Dante later gets. Vergil has two of the same moves from Dante since Dante and vergil are using the same weapons
(BTW the Force edge is the sword Dante's Alt Sparda costume has).

I haven't played DMC3, so I am not familiar with Vergil. I just think that we should have gotten a different character instead of him, such as BB Hood or Jin Saotome...  \-/o

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 18, 2024, 06:53:02 PM
  • If you see this, I'm alive!
« Reply #5797 on: September 14, 2011, 03:41:12 PM »
I haven't played DMC3, so I am not familiar with Vergil. I just think that we should have gotten a different character instead of him, such as BB Hood or Jin Saotome...  \-/o

BB Hood is pathetic, Jin Saotome would have made a perfect addition.
(click to show/hide)
zzz...I'm top tier...screw you Doom and Wesker...zzz

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #5798 on: September 14, 2011, 03:49:18 PM »
BB Hood is pathetic, Jin Saotome would have made a perfect addition.

WHAAAAAT ?.?.?.?.? BLASPHEMY !!!  :o

BB Hood is one of the BEST fighting game characters ever made !!!   \-/o

She would be an excellent addition to this game... ~X(

Just imagine...Tron Bonne, Wesker and BB Hood... ;D

I WANT BB HOOD !!!  :'(

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 02:35:37 AM
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #5799 on: September 14, 2011, 04:02:57 PM »
WHAAAAAT ?.?.?.?.? BLASPHEMY !!!  :o

BB Hood is one of the BEST fighting game characters ever made !!!   \-/o

She would be an excellent addition to this game... ~X(

Just imagine...Tron Bonne, Wesker and BB Hood... ;D

I WANT BB HOOD !!! 
(click to show/hide)

Fixed  :thumbsup:
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.
-Mei Ling quotting Shakespeare

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:15:00 AM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 01:00:10 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
[19] 20 21 22 23 24 25