collapse

Author Topic: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3  (Read 188032 times)

Offline Tazzer

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 15, 2018, 06:39:36 PM
    • Email
Re: *Official Marvel vs Capcom 3 thread*
« Reply #2050 on: November 16, 2010, 07:16:02 PM »
Only ones I'd like to see from that game are:  Rogue (though updated), Gambit, B. B. Hood and Cyclops.

However I'd much rather brand new (as in characters not used in the franchise before) characters from each Univers for DLC.

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #2051 on: November 16, 2010, 07:32:09 PM »
Only ones I'd like to see from that game are:  Rogue (though updated), Gambit, B. B. Hood and Cyclops.

However I'd much rather brand new (as in characters not used in the franchise before) characters from each Univers for DLC.

I want Captain Commando.

he's the only charecter I want for MVC3. the only charecter I care about. I seriously will not buy this game if he's not in it.

However, taskmaster may change that disposition if he's in.

http://Also glad to see some DLC but what was wrong with the outfit Jill had in the last games?

It wasen't sexy enough. (sad but pretty sure that's the reason.)

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #2052 on: November 16, 2010, 07:36:36 PM »
Taskmaster? Pretty out there but still a cool possibility.

Also I don't have a problem with the remaining MvC2 cast being DLC but yeah I'd like to see some new faces

It wasen't sexy enough. (sad but pretty sure that's the reason.)
I haven't a problem with the new outfit but the one she wore in MvC2 seemed more iconic to me

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #2053 on: November 16, 2010, 07:38:47 PM »
I want Captain Commando.

It would be a shame if Capcom shoved their original moscot aside.

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:May 18, 2024, 11:26:37 PM
  • The fighting spirit lives in the fans of M.U.G.E.N
    • Email
« Reply #2054 on: November 16, 2010, 08:29:08 PM »
Capcom now has a new mascot: Ryu.
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline Astaroth

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:January 19, 2015, 10:38:42 PM
« Reply #2055 on: November 16, 2010, 08:29:51 PM »
I liked how She-Hulk called Hulk "Bruce" and Hulk called her "Jen" when they tagged each other.  It's the little things that I like about these games :)

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #2056 on: November 16, 2010, 08:40:27 PM »
 ^^(PM)^
 yo i was noticing tha too man, they all say names of the teammates or nicknames they have for em like hulk calls iron man "metal man". lol . def stuff like that makes the game more enjoyable and fun.

Offline Rabbitxpp

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:May 18, 2024, 11:30:19 PM
    • Email
« Reply #2057 on: November 16, 2010, 08:45:14 PM »
zero looks beast so does she hulk but she reminds me of a basketball player they need to show megaman
Suppose one day that coin lands on its edge

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #2058 on: November 16, 2010, 08:47:52 PM »

Notice how I said ORIGINAL mascot.

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #2059 on: November 16, 2010, 09:11:58 PM »

Well, Capcom is an enjoyable charecter to use, ryu is. well, boring ryu.

I haven't a problem with the new outfit but the one she wore in MvC2 seemed more iconic to me

who wants Iconic when you can have tatas?  =P~ [/sarcasim]

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #2060 on: November 16, 2010, 09:15:42 PM »
yeah it kinda does make sense for jill to have at least a new look. i mean mvc2 version was ok but this one outfit is like major  =P~. lol

Offline Astaroth

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:January 19, 2015, 10:38:42 PM
« Reply #2061 on: November 16, 2010, 09:23:45 PM »
yeah it kinda does make sense for jill to have at least a new look. i mean mvc2 version was ok but this one outfit is like major  =P~. lol

IDK... a lot of the appeal and what made Jill seem "sexy" to gamers in the first place was her status as a "woman in uniform."  She was cool.  She didn't wear a lot of make-up, or have long hair, or wear a revealing uniform.  You just saw she was a pretty woman, and had a cool character design, and people fell in love with her pretty much.

Now, let's fast-forward to Resident Evil 5.  Aside from the Matrix remake Wesker got, and the "I have biceps twice the size of my head" remake Chris got, Jill's new appearance almost makes her feel like an anime character... why does she have blonde hair?  Why is she wearing a skin-tight body suit?  What happened to her face?

To be honest, if you REALLY wanted a compromise of iconic Jill and one that has some "fanservice" value as well, I would have gone with the Resident Evil 3 look.  It's pretty recognizable, and definitely is appealing to male gamers, if you get what I'm saying.  The new one doesn't even look like Jill, though...

Offline Tazzer

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 15, 2018, 06:39:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #2062 on: November 16, 2010, 09:54:59 PM »
IDK... a lot of the appeal and what made Jill seem "sexy" to gamers in the first place was her status as a "woman in uniform."  She was cool.  She didn't wear a lot of make-up, or have long hair, or wear a revealing uniform.  You just saw she was a pretty woman, and had a cool character design, and people fell in love with her pretty much.

Now, let's fast-forward to Resident Evil 5.  Aside from the Matrix remake Wesker got, and the "I have biceps twice the size of my head" remake Chris got, Jill's new appearance almost makes her feel like an anime character... why does she have blonde hair?  Why is she wearing a skin-tight body suit?  What happened to her face?

To be honest, if you REALLY wanted a compromise of iconic Jill and one that has some "fanservice" value as well, I would have gone with the Resident Evil 3 look.  It's pretty recognizable, and definitely is appealing to male gamers, if you get what I'm saying.  The new one doesn't even look like Jill, though...

Absolutely agree with all of this.

Something that I noticed (and like  a lot)  Is that even some characters who have nothing to do with each other have banter between them before fights.   Like Cap and Zero.  "So your name is Zero?  Hope you don't fight like one."   I think it's cool that they're not having characters only have dialog with others that they are familiar with.  It'll be way better than hearing the same generic opening lines over and over again between fights.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 10:00:58 PM by Tazzer »

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #2063 on: November 16, 2010, 10:36:53 PM »

i can agree with that a bit man, for me i really didnt care what her original uniform was, she was aight as a brunette but as well all know women do change they looks, hair and costumes, clothes in the real world per say, so i can understand the change up a bit, and giving her a newer sexy look might not been intended pueposely but even so , she has more eye candy on her than she did before. i still woulda stuck with the original hair color. thats like why ya see men in comics be buff and ripped, heck even the blob got muscle definition. females like eye candy dudes too wether comic or games so much can be said for the male side of the coin. even if they stuck wih her old mvc2 oufit i promise you they would have found a way to make her look even more sexy looking. this Jill favors resident evil 5 jill. so i can see where they going with wesker and chris havin the look from that series. its more current i figure. like makes me wonder how peeps would feel if storm came in with eiother her original costume, Not mvc2 one either and or come in with the mohawk look. she still sexy either way.   @-) =P~

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 12:00:37 AM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #2064 on: November 16, 2010, 11:35:17 PM »
http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/847412-she-hulk-zero-jill-and-shuma-gorath-in-marvel-vs-capcom-3

Looks like Jill has also been confirmed for Marvel vs Capcom 3 as one of the first characters confirmed for downloadable content.. I will try to find more sources to validate this. Hopefully a trailer will be released soon (and yes, it's Battle-suit Jill =-p).

Post Merge: November 16, 2010, 11:37:56 PM
http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2010/11/marvel-vs-capcom-3-release-date/

Jill and Shuma-Gorath will be released as DLC a month after the game's release.

The game's release date has also changed to February 15th for both PS3 and XBOX 360.

Offline Rabbitxpp

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #2065 on: November 16, 2010, 11:46:03 PM »
imma go check if yuhh can preorder the special edition next week cuz im def gettin tht 1

Offline Yun0

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 04, 2020, 09:50:43 PM
    • Email
« Reply #2066 on: November 17, 2010, 04:26:32 AM »
"So your name is Zero huh? Hope you don't fight like one"

Also glad to see some DLC but what was wrong with the outfit Jill had in the last games?

do everyone that are mad with Jill outfit remembers that the chars in MVC3 will have 4 costumes????

Offline b.easy

• Global Moderator
  • Last Login:December 01, 2022, 11:28:07 PM
« Reply #2067 on: November 17, 2010, 09:16:20 AM »
^From what I've heard Capcom alts are more like palletes and Marvel's are designed as costumes.  :(

Offline Vitamin

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 15, 2012, 05:46:34 PM
  • Shredder: Let my name be the last sound you hear!
« Reply #2068 on: November 17, 2010, 11:18:51 AM »
I still think it's a mistake on capcoms part to even mention DLC characters even before they release the game. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad there is going to be some extra characters, but to me that sounds like they're just trying to make more money off us when they should just include the characters in the original game.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #2069 on: November 17, 2010, 11:33:42 AM »
I still think it's a mistake on capcoms part to even mention DLC characters even before they release the game. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad there is going to be some extra characters, but to me that sounds like they're just trying to make more money off us when they should just include the characters in the original game.
that or give us some better DLC characters insead of those 2, i would just put them in like you said. gimmie Captain commando dlc or Jin satome dlc. heck i take cheap a$$ thanos! lol

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #2070 on: November 17, 2010, 12:38:27 PM »
yes zero!!! :w00t:
he is a combo beast and i like how u can cancel hyper combos into a different one with the same character. u guys don't know how many times i wished that was in mvc2. it looks like anyone with skill in combos can quickly turn the match around so now it means nothing if a player has low health

Offline onslaught1

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 25, 2013, 05:20:07 AM
« Reply #2071 on: November 17, 2010, 04:16:25 PM »

duh.   they can add these characters to the game, they just simply dont want to.   im so tired them takin advantage of gamers, whats next u gotta pay money to continue a game after the half way point?

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #2072 on: November 17, 2010, 04:42:38 PM »
Because if you buy the dlc, they'll decided they have enough fans to add more dlc instead of wating arround to relese another game for the same price with only a few characters.

Look at how meny versions of Street Fighter II there are. DLC helps with games like this so they can make mechanics updates and add more characters and story options without making you have to shell out $60 for each update, also making more disks in your collection/sold to gamestop/end up in landfills.

Offline Rabbitxpp

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #2073 on: November 17, 2010, 05:35:42 PM »
 ^^(PM)^ i agree with spidermew

Offline onslaught1

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 25, 2013, 05:20:07 AM
« Reply #2074 on: November 17, 2010, 07:12:38 PM »
i understand what u mean,  but the game isnt even out yet lol.  they could add em in simple as that.   i understand if it was a year after the release andddd theeeeen they decide to add more characters, then thats ok.   cause then we wont have so many of the same games jus wit extra chars.  but as of now its like wtf they are straight jipping us.  i jus wonder how many dlc characters theres gonna be before the game actually releases hahaha

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:15:00 AM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 01:00:10 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
[19] 20 21 22 23 24 25