collapse

Author Topic: R.I.P. Monty Oum  (Read 322 times)

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 20, 2024, 12:02:38 AM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
R.I.P. Monty Oum
« on: February 02, 2015, 04:44:42 PM »
From Kotaku:
Rooster Teeth animator Monty Oum has passed away, the production studio announced today. The 33-year-old was hospitalized over the weekend for "a severe allergic reaction during a simple medical procedure" that put him in a coma. When the news first hit, fans raised nearly $180,000 for him.

Oum was best known for RWBY, a web-based anime series created, written, and produced by him. RWBY produced two seasons, though a third season was planned and in development.

In remembrance, Rooster Teeth will not be releasing any videos today.

RoosterTeeth's Journal entry:
Our friend, inspiration and co-worker Monty Oum passed away yesterday afternoon at 4:34 PM surrounded by people who loved him very much. Ten days ago Monty suffered a severe allergic reaction during a simple medical procedure that left him in a coma. Although he fought bravely, his body was not able to recover. During his time in the hospital he was well cared for and never in pain at any time.

Monty is survived by his wife Sheena, his father Mony, his brothers Woody, Sey, Chivy and Neat, and his sisters Thea and Theary, as well as a countless number of fans and friends. We were so proud to be a part of his life and we will miss him greatly.

Your generosity during the hours after the public statement on Friday will help his family deal with the costs of his care and his passing. You made an incredible difference during a difficult time and we cannot thank you enough.

As for honoring Monty, we will do that in our own way. In lieu of flowers or gifts, we ask that you simply do something creative. Use your imagination to make the world a better place in any way that you can. If you know Monty like we do, then you know he would certainly be doing that if he were able to.

Monty was 33 years old.

We love you, Monty.

Though he was already an accomplished creator/animator having created several animation project including his own series called The Road, Monty's career took of after 2 distinct animation projects: "Haloid" which pitted Samus Aran against a UNSC Spartan and Dead Fantasy: A series of videos pitting the ladies of Square-Enix against the ladies of Techmo.

Most recently, Monty was hired on by RoosterTeeth for animation featured in Red Vs Blue Seasons 8-12 and his own full on series RWBY.

Personally, this is bullcrap that he went out because of a freaking allergic reaction because there isn't even anyone/anything you can aim the frustration at. All you can do is feel the loss.

(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline I.E.T. Arcade

• Contributor
  • Last Login:May 15, 2020, 01:18:02 PM
Re: R.I.P. Monty Oum
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 07:51:02 PM »
Oh man........this one really got to me. I am both sad and angry at the same time that life could be this unfair.

Offline Scar

• Dragonslayer
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:July 29, 2016, 10:49:53 AM
  • Cobra Mugen Team
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 10:34:35 AM »
Wow, big fan of his work.
So young bro, he will be missed..
::salute::
!!Unite, Mobilize, Destroy!!

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 01:03:13 PM »
Awwwww man noooo! RIP Monty. I have the upmost respect and admiration  for his talent and  works and i love all of them. Huge inspiration  for me to do what i have been doing the last 9 months. He will be missed and my condolences to his family and friends.  [-O<

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal