collapse

Author Topic: polaris  (Read 18912 times)

Offline yosifun

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 18, 2013, 09:14:45 AM
Re: polaris
« Reply #175 on: January 24, 2010, 05:01:15 AM »
Great work with the stance Zvitor, I like the new colors :thumbsup:

dwe23, I hope you will make a green palette for her, if you need more ideas for palettes just look at the pictures I posted before (green, green/purple, purple, purple/gold..).

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #176 on: January 24, 2010, 01:02:44 PM »
Changing her face/shading does nothing esn, you need to put the effort into changing her stance entirely since they are using it for Scarlett Witch. Also her basics will probabky need to be redone, I am assuming
Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline esn23

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 07, 2023, 02:38:39 PM
    • Email
« Reply #177 on: January 24, 2010, 08:55:39 PM »
Her stance is changed and her hair i used that stance to show warecus her new uniform lol she is flying in her stance now xd and i resprited her hair
*Note Soon

Offline yosifun

• Forum Member
« Reply #178 on: January 25, 2010, 02:26:45 AM »
Nice to hear, can you show a sprite or even an animated stance for some cc?

Offline esn23

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #179 on: January 25, 2010, 04:09:08 AM »
Im using a cheap cell phone with lousy internet cant till wed it was a huge mistake to post that stance wasnt done with the costume shading or hair or her new stance sory
*Note Soon

Offline warecus

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 22, 2023, 01:28:41 AM
« Reply #180 on: January 25, 2010, 11:09:32 AM »
like the new uniform.  kinda hate that they both can't have the same hair. I think it's really noticeable cuz the hair is from scratch with a little shading help from z999.  I would use storm or rougue's hair and make it longer and curl it at the ends (I sound like a hair dresseer)  anyway that is what I used for my new version of polaris that appears in one of the intros of scarlet witch

here is something I did, I don't know if I'm suppose to show this but anywhoo zvitor forgive me

By warecus at 2010-01-25

Offline yosifun

• Forum Member
« Reply #181 on: January 25, 2010, 12:37:16 PM »
AMAZING hair on that pretty head and I LOVE what you have done with her boobs :cool

This Polaris looks just great! I can only hope dwe23 will use this (with permission of course) for his character. This way, when in the same roster, the Polaris intro and the Polaris character won't look so different.

I just hope dwe23 will consider using this (at least the head), I assume he is very attached to his current sprites..

BTW, how is the progress for Scarlet Witch?

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #182 on: January 25, 2010, 01:01:43 PM »
like the new uniform.  kinda hate that they both can't have the same hair. I think it's really noticeable cuz the hair is from scratch with a little shading help from z999.  I would use storm or rougue's hair and make it longer and curl it at the ends (I sound like a hair dresseer)  anyway that is what I used for my new version of polaris that appears in one of the intros of scarlet witch

here is something I did, I don't know if I'm suppose to show this but anywhoo zvitor forgive me
(click to show/hide)

:thumbsup:

I just hope dwe23 will consider using this (at least the head),

:thumbsup:

(click to show/hide)

Offline esn23

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #183 on: January 25, 2010, 08:47:49 PM »
You guys will see on wed i did new hair from scratch and added more shading and changed her stanbe

Post Merge: January 25, 2010, 09:39:01 PM
here we go new stance new shadding and new hair please every one love this it took me a while to modify.. There is more shading in the legs my image converter just sucks.. :(   And I fixed her right knee's shading too.. Anywho have to go my time is up at kinkos lol 

« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 09:51:07 PM by dwe23 »
*Note Soon

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 22, 2024, 08:58:55 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #184 on: January 25, 2010, 10:39:56 PM »
SWISH!
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Kojunho

• Scruffy squire and an
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 08, 2021, 07:27:27 PM
  • Yeah, I'm backs.
    • Email
« Reply #185 on: January 25, 2010, 10:46:11 PM »
Stance is good but shading needs work and the colors for some odd reason flash during the anim. Not sure if that was on purpose. I'm diggin the new hair though.
-.-

Offline esn23

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #186 on: January 25, 2010, 11:18:21 PM »
The crappy shading and flash is a result of the image programs i use to convert and animate sorry about that
*Note Soon

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #187 on: January 26, 2010, 12:41:01 AM »
There was a Jim Lee X-men card set that came out in the 90's. That set had a Polaris card drawn by Jim lee. This WIP used to look like that!!!! Now, not so much

(click to show/hide)

Offline Esʞy

• Somebody that you use to know..
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 02, 2018, 04:18:20 PM
    • Email
« Reply #188 on: January 26, 2010, 12:43:12 AM »
Her leg looks like it is pulsating  @-)
(click to show/hide)

Offline esn23

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #189 on: January 26, 2010, 01:54:28 AM »
The uniform i chose is one of the more common 90s uniforms sorry cant please everyone you told me once dark if i tried to do that i would never get done with a wip lol
*Note Soon

Offline yosifun

• Forum Member
« Reply #190 on: January 26, 2010, 02:47:37 AM »
I can see the improvement in the stance, the hair looks better than before too.

Did you consider using warecus's sprites as a base for yours?

I would recommend at least incorporating his head+hair and boobs to your stance, it would be such a shame to pass on such high-quality work which will make your character better and your work easier. :)

Just take a shot at my suggestion, maybe after you'll see some of the feedback you'll think like me. ;)

Offline esn23

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #191 on: January 26, 2010, 04:28:59 AM »
Lol that is who im using as a base her hair i cant use as i said before her face was changed because scartlet witch has that base and i did use his boobs lol
*Note Soon

Offline yosifun

• Forum Member
« Reply #192 on: January 26, 2010, 05:16:53 AM »
Are you talking about these Polaris sprites warecus has made?

Because I can't see any similarities between these and your recent sprites :-??

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #193 on: January 26, 2010, 11:31:28 AM »
The uniform i chose is one of the more common 90s uniforms sorry cant please everyone you told me once dark if i tried to do that i would never get done with a wip lol

I was just trying to say something in a nice way, because you mentioned that it took some time to edit the hair. Change the basics & she already has different attacks, so she will look nothing like Scarlett Witch after that. But.....

Word of advice, just use this head

If something is not broken why try to fix it. You just end up breaking it more.

If you use warecus's existing head/hair, all you have to do is change the outline of the hair to make it look different. This hair already has " texture. "  It looks like hair.

Now this sprite of yours....

Her Face reminds me of that girl character on the muppet show that didn't have a nose, but had big eyes. Hard to explain, they weren't real popular characters. Her hair could basically be a towel, a big bandana, some kind of scarf type thing, a crazy hat, or maybe hair. It is not shaded right, there is no " hair " texture to it, & the way it sits on the top of her head looks more like a hat.

This may sound mean to you, but I am just trying to help you out because it just doesn't look right.

I said that about pleasing people to you long time ago when one person didn't like something you were doing & you were going to change it. So yes, do not try to please everyone. But it seems to me that the majority of people will possibly think this head/hair just doesn't look right.

Do what I did in my Wolvenom thread so many times....

Turn it into a poll. This way people can vote anonymously. If the majority like this design, stick with it. If not then go back to the old style. People will vote honestly, where as they may be afraid to type something looks bad.

(click to show/hide)

Offline esn23

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #194 on: January 26, 2010, 11:24:34 PM »
Well people at cvg love her she is going to be in their crisis project i could say a ton of things  in the end im the one taking all my spare time to redo her in the end it should be me warecus and alexziq who should like her or not a lot of people have made great cc on here but that last comment was an attack everyone has their own spriting styles and there has been plenty of releases that i have not been found of but i just grin and bare it remember we do this for fun so please stop the insults
*Note Soon

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #195 on: January 27, 2010, 01:24:47 AM »
Well people at cvg love her she is going to be in their crisis project i could say a ton of things  in the end im the one taking all my spare time to redo her in the end it should be me warecus and alexziq who should like her or not a lot of people have made great cc on here but that last comment was an attack everyone has their own spriting styles and there has been plenty of releases that i have not been found of but i just grin and bare it remember we do this for fun so please stop the insults

I guess it is true, some people just can't take constructive criticism.

An insult would be .....

Your sprites suck, I can't believe anyone would try to release a character this bad ( That's an EXAMPLE of an insult ) 

That's an attack, & I didn't say anything of the sort.

I commented very similar as yours in Sic's thread this morning about his Joker move & I don't think he took it as an insult.

I just tried to give you a little C C to help you along the way. But since you are taking my comments as " insulting, " I will not comment in your thread. 

Good Luck on all this %%-

(click to show/hide)

Offline yosifun

• Forum Member
« Reply #196 on: January 27, 2010, 02:23:59 AM »
I think DARKTALBAIN's intention was good, maybe he went a bit off-topic with the Muppet example, but all he was trying to say that it's his opinion that the old Polaris head+hair is better than your latest version.

People will always make comments, but IMO if a majority of people are saying similar things, you should take it into consideration. Of course the WIP is yours, but a little help from other experienced members like DARKTALBAIN, warecus and Dead-X won't hurt ;)

As I said before, the best base for you IMO is the Scarlet Witch's Polaris intro warecus posted, if you can get permission to use it I say go for it! even if it's just for the head+hair and boobs because you stance have potential too.

Oh.. just so there's no confusion, I'm not talking about the old Polaris sprites but about these sprites:
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 02:35:42 AM by yosifun »

Offline esn23

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #197 on: January 27, 2010, 02:44:51 AM »
I fixed the face a bit dark  is a valued friend that is why the muppet comment hurt any who its dropped
*Note Soon

Offline yosifun

• Forum Member
« Reply #198 on: January 27, 2010, 03:52:01 AM »
As I said before, the best base for you IMO is the Scarlet Witch's Polaris intro warecus posted, if you can get permission to use it I say go for it! even if it's just for the head+hair and boobs because you stance have potential too.

Oh.. just so there's no confusion, I'm not talking about the old Polaris sprites but about these sprites:

What's your opinion on this?

Offline esn23

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #199 on: January 27, 2010, 06:08:54 AM »
I redid her hair with tons of detail and added tons more shading to her face havnt been able to veiw pics on the fourm because of cell internet will post new pics at 1030 pst time and be able to view pics to give my op
*Note Soon

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 [25]
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.