collapse

Author Topic: polaris  (Read 18908 times)

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
Re: polaris
« Reply #100 on: April 19, 2009, 05:04:15 PM »
Just wanted to react on the sprite part :

- Too many linked colors (gloves, skin and legs share the same colors on some sprites, that kind of thing, would make palettes hard to do)
- inconsistant shading : you can tell the legs from rogue, as you can tell those from storm, it would be best to put them in a similar style.
- the blue around the hairs : why does she have that ?
- Her hips tend to be fat on some sprites, so the legs don't seem to connect well with the torso, would need a bit of resize.
- Weird contrast for the blue and skin.
- Missing some color depht (one more color for the skin and for the blue would not be bad)
- Can't tell if she's wearing a jacket or not, on some sprites it would seem like it, on some only the arms look like coming from a jacket.

In case my feedback is hard to understand (same old langage barrier) i made a quick sprite out of her stance to show you :

Anyway this post is not mean to be rude, you're doing some good work here so keep it up  %%-

Ladies & gentleman Z666 , spriter extreme  :thumbsup:

Kind of hard to tell the warecus to go back & re edit all the sprites like that . especially because he is leaving for Iraq soon .

Nice job , though Z
Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline Z999

• Infinity Sprite Artist
  • Last Login:February 24, 2018, 03:28:14 PM
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: April 19, 2009, 05:11:14 PM »
 :D I'm not exactly trying to tell him to resprite everything like that. The sprite is just made to explain my feedback and thus give hint of how in my opinion the sprites could be improved, especially the hips thing.
I just hope warecus will find some interesting lead in this sprite, and in a more general idea that my feedback can be of some help ^^

As long as he still have fun making the char i'm fine with it, that's the most important thing to me  %%-

Offline ZVitor

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 01, 2024, 07:22:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: April 19, 2009, 05:51:15 PM »

nice z666, im tryng remade her stance too

will try use your hair.

Post Merge: April 19, 2009, 02:03:21 PM
and we have a stance?

(thanks for hair base z666)
hey warecus, try use this colors for next edits...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 10:26:54 PM by zvitor »

Offline Eclipse

• Contributor
  • Last Login:November 18, 2020, 02:42:53 PM
« Reply #103 on: April 19, 2009, 11:49:42 PM »
I think it looks much better than the old one!

Offline Z999

• Infinity Sprite Artist
  • Last Login:February 24, 2018, 03:28:14 PM
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: April 20, 2009, 12:07:51 AM »
Just glad i could help  :thumbsup:

The stance looks good ^^

Offline warecus

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 22, 2023, 01:28:41 AM
« Reply #105 on: April 20, 2009, 09:59:17 AM »
I like the stance, uhh any way I could get that stance to get the colors, I can't really tell from here

never mind I got it

z I'll do the next edits in this color and try to keep it the same size as this to make it easier on you.  I don't think I'll be going back to do the whole char over cuz I still like my stance and edits the way they are.  Plus I like nice thick hips :D

but I'll work on the last edits I did last night in that color
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 10:07:55 AM by warecus »

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 18, 2024, 11:29:37 PM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: April 20, 2009, 10:05:47 AM »

Amazing.

Offline ZVitor

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 01, 2024, 07:22:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: April 20, 2009, 11:06:23 AM »
I like the stance, uhh any way I could get that stance to get the colors, I can't really tell from here

never mind I got it

z I'll do the next edits in this color and try to keep it the same size as this to make it easier on you.  I don't think I'll be going back to do the whole char over cuz I still like my stance and edits the way they are.  Plus I like nice thick hips :D

but I'll work on the last edits I did last night in that color
just keep the colors for next edits, will change what u sent to me.
i will try use everything u send me, the problem with your stance are his waste, it is not in right place.
like z666 said:
- the legs don't seem to connect well with the torso, would need a bit of resize.

Offline galactus

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:September 18, 2014, 12:34:12 PM
  • many thanks to hollow boy for this great avatar
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: April 20, 2009, 01:50:37 PM »
Wow that is a big improvment Awesome polaris sprite z666 I thought the old one looked really good  but yours is just amazing

well done =D> :) :thumbsup:

>:-(-| makes me look forward to seeing your Leon wip even more I cant wait to see what you have done with him going off this I bet he will be great when you are done with him. ;*)) ;D :)
hello to all from the planet wrecker aka Galactus

Offline warecus

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #109 on: April 20, 2009, 02:18:56 PM »
I'm almost finish zvitor with what I made last night I'll send em to ya when I'm done and I'll do the get the rest of the get his in this color also.

thanks z666, now that I have done over what I've done last night pixel by thinking pixel I'm starting to appreciate your pallete a lot more, it's more rich and capcomy. truth be told i liked my hair color, but I hated that blue.  You don't how long I looked for that blue.

Thanks olu for your help on animations, I'm brandnew to this creating thing so I need all the help I can get.  that jump kick you had me do over and over about killed me cuz I couldn't figure what was wrong, but now it's my favorite basic move :D

it's funny I thought you guys would reguard this char as another cheap fastly made character but with all the attention and flack I guess we need a polaris more than I thought.  I think with time this char will turn out better than I imagined.

guys all the sprites I'm posting and giving to zvitor is to get him brainstorming ie. robocop leg.  to tell the truth I think the idea would work better with forge since he has cybernetic leg to start with just sans the robo sprite It also gives me good practice.  My friend bet me I couldn't make her do it.

this character is going through more changes than post op micheal jackson

well back to work, I'll post something soon

Post Merge: April 20, 2009, 07:10:44 PM
alright I know the old intro is in this wip section somewhere maybe on the first page.  Anyway here is a new one before the recoloring

and here is some of the images recolored, I couldn't animate them because fighter factory is screwing me sideways

also I made a polaris wearing her shiar uniform using tomwellings colors from marvel outsider, but I repainted mine myself and added a few things so I wouldn't be biting his style, the only thing I couldn't figure out was how to get the web behind her collar, I'm sure z will fix it if it's that much of an eye sore.

a few of the jumps

recolor of an intro/shiar outfit

here's another alternate outfit intro polaris from xfactor guess apearance on xmen the animated series

« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 12:14:01 AM by warecus »

Offline BlizzardTora

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:October 27, 2015, 06:40:10 PM
  • Did I say that I cared?
    • Email
« Reply #110 on: April 21, 2009, 03:55:50 AM »
Nice Research.
CVG UNITED
Whatever ,(

Offline warecus

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #111 on: April 21, 2009, 05:10:25 AM »
one more intro

Offline spiderclone

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 25, 2018, 06:44:04 AM
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: April 21, 2009, 07:48:20 AM »
good luck, looks like marvel characters are coming a lot in mugen this year
cool
justice is best served in death

Offline daraku

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:October 05, 2022, 04:37:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #113 on: April 21, 2009, 04:47:33 PM »
I'm almost finish zvitor with what I made last night I'll send em to ya when I'm done and I'll do the get the rest of the get his in this color also.

thanks z666, now that I have done over what I've done last night pixel by thinking pixel I'm starting to appreciate your pallete a lot more, it's more rich and capcomy. truth be told i liked my hair color, but I hated that blue.  You don't how long I looked for that blue.

Thanks olu for your help on animations, I'm brandnew to this creating thing so I need all the help I can get.  that jump kick you had me do over and over about killed me cuz I couldn't figure what was wrong, but now it's my favorite basic move :D

it's funny I thought you guys would reguard this char as another cheap fastly made character but with all the attention and flack I guess we need a polaris more than I thought.  I think with time this char will turn out better than I imagined.

guys all the sprites I'm posting and giving to zvitor is to get him brainstorming ie. robocop leg.  to tell the truth I think the idea would work better with forge since he has cybernetic leg to start with just sans the robo sprite It also gives me good practice.  My friend bet me I couldn't make her do it.

this character is going through more changes than post op micheal jackson

well back to work, I'll post something soon

Post Merge: April 20, 2009, 07:10:44 PM
alright I know the old intro is in this wip section somewhere maybe on the first page.  Anyway here is a new one before the recoloring

and here is some of the images recolored, I couldn't animate them because fighter factory is screwing me sideways

also I made a polaris wearing her shiar uniform using tomwellings colors from marvel outsider, but I repainted mine myself and added a few things so I wouldn't be biting his style, the only thing I couldn't figure out was how to get the web behind her collar, I'm sure z will fix it if it's that much of an eye sore.

a few of the jumps

recolor of an intro/shiar outfit

here's another alternate outfit intro polaris from xfactor guess apearance on xmen the animated series

Wow now it look a lot better... but the problems now are other ones: THE ANIMATIONS.

I appreciate your big effort to use several bases, but when you try to put these toghter the result is not so good. You need my help ;D

Offline warecus

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #114 on: April 22, 2009, 06:35:23 PM »
yeah I could use your help, I don't really have a lot of bases, it's really just rouge and bits and pieces of rose from sfa 3's face.  maybe storm on a few but just legs when jumping.  anyway I'm digressing zvitor has all my sprites so you would have to get with him to know more what's going on with her.  I think he's recoloring now or something.  I don't think he's using everything that I sent him God willing.  But there's some good stuff I sent him and it works well together the sprites that look odd to you are far and few between.  He might just need to resize some of them but that's it.  it's mainly rouge.  also I think zvitor's working or reworking some sprites to his advantage cuz he liked the way z666 altered and recolored my stance.  but any help is welcome just send it zvitor's way post what you got in this section.  Credit will be given I'm not a glory hog I just want to get her out the door.  I'm trying to give forge and strong guy a friend for x factor. will post something soon.  intro wise but won't be animated.  Also daraku use the colors that zvitor wants to make it easier on him.  He could also use a walk animation probably :-??

here is another intro polaris mockingly makes a magento helmet appear on her head and hand with x factor color scheme

without helmet

with helmet

Post Merge: April 23, 2009, 02:14:15 PM
could someone rip some voices for me and send them to me or zvitor, I know she was in atleast two episodes of xmen the animated series that came on fox kids, well definately she was in one episode check her pick out
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 02:14:15 PM by warecus »

Offline warecus

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #115 on: April 25, 2009, 04:44:49 AM »
hello I'm going to post this up real quick, here is polaris before her color change (me and z are recoloring her and I guess fixing things up too at the same time.

so to explain this before anyone ask

back in the day before crime fighting polaris use to dye her hair brown to avoid looking freakish or embarashment or both I don't know, but after a while she said to hell with and let it all hang loose and let the ivory spring runneth over. I'm digressing anyway this intro is just her starting out with her brown hair and throw the power of magnetism and mugen she transforms her hair back to green or undyes maybe there were traces of metal in her hair dye I don't know.

here's the old one before revamp and recolor in gif form:

the new one sorry it's not in gif form but your get the idea escpecally since this one is like 10 more sprites maybe zvitor will put this gif form for you.  I would I just don't want to mess up the colors putting in fighter factory and it's late

here's the sprite sheet for the new one:

Offline esn23

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 07, 2023, 02:38:39 PM
    • Email
« Reply #116 on: May 02, 2009, 03:47:49 PM »
LOVE YOUR POLARIS.. If you want I can do a portrait for you.. Look at my white queen thread to see..
*Note Soon

Offline KudosForce

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 18, 2011, 07:01:38 PM
    • Email
« Reply #117 on: May 02, 2009, 04:57:06 PM »
This may be a pipe dream, but...I do hope that your version of Magneto's daughter makes it into EOH! [-O<

Those sprites look pretty decent. :)

Slightly >:-(-|: For those who aren't aware, the first 2 seasons of the '90s X-Men animated series are now available on DVD, courtesy of Buena Vista Entertainment!
Mission complete!

-Rolento

92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature

Offline warecus

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #118 on: May 03, 2009, 01:22:12 AM »
that's for zvitor and acey to decide :-SS

Offline Xx5DollarBillxX

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 24, 2011, 08:52:35 AM
  • Black & White 4EVER
    • Email
« Reply #119 on: May 03, 2009, 12:24:45 PM »
I hope they do.  :-SS  [-O<
(click to show/hide)

Offline warecus

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #120 on: May 05, 2009, 12:29:05 AM »
haven't posted anything in a while so here is something

old jumping fierce kick

new one but not animated yet

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 20, 2024, 12:08:46 PM
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: May 05, 2009, 01:01:09 AM »
Very nice.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #122 on: May 05, 2009, 03:20:39 AM »
The new coloring & sprites are looking really good  :thumbsup:
Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline daraku

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:October 05, 2022, 04:37:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #123 on: May 05, 2009, 07:17:19 AM »
The face need work in my opinion... It's a bit ugly... should be much beaty and the legs are too fat when she give the kiks

Offline warecus

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #124 on: May 07, 2009, 12:40:03 PM »
something old

something new not animated

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 [25]
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.