collapse

Author Topic: Is it true?  (Read 1378 times)

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 08, 2013, 06:04:06 PM
  • Still Nutpatch but a bit more nutty
    • Email
Is it true?
« on: November 08, 2007, 07:29:14 PM »
...... well its not really a big deal but i have been hearing that poison from final fight is a transexual i been hearin it a lot so  :-??

Offline General Frostbite (☆)

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:August 19, 2008, 08:45:24 PM
    • Email
Re: Is it true?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 07:35:14 PM »
Yes, it's true. Look her him up on Wikipedia.

I was disgusted when I first found out.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 08:01:46 PM by OmegaXMK2 »

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 07:53:12 PM »
Yes, it's true. Look her up on Wikipedia.

I was disgusted when I first found out.

dam nobody wants to see HIM in shorts and that little butt shirt that dude is fruity as f**k

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 18, 2010, 11:11:29 PM
  • When i move throught the Ghetto i drive slow
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 08:00:48 PM »
well i think she wus a girl in the japanese version then a dude in american version idk capcom switched it up

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 08:01:35 PM »
well i think she wus a girl in the japanese version then a dude in american version idk capcom switched it up

who ever did that is a fag

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 18, 2010, 11:11:29 PM
  • When i move throught the Ghetto i drive slow
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 08:02:03 PM »
 :D
Poison's first appearance is in Final Fight as a minor enemy and part of the game's main villain group Mad Gear. She tended to be one of Capcom's most controversial characters. The game had a penchant for palette swaps, and the character Roxy was hers. In initial game design both characters were biologically female. However, Capcom of Japan received a phone call from a Nintendo rep opposing violence against women, so the developers changed them into pre-op transsexuals (more specifically stated as newhalves), but without changing the in-game sprites [1]. This is stated in the game's Japanese instruction manual for the character's backstory.[2], and reflected in the very male "knockout moans" characters make as they are defeated. However, US playtesters failed to realize they were actually male until a representitive of Capcom Japan informed them of such.[3] Despite this, Nintendo felt that the female enemies should be censored, and they were replaced with generic characters Billy and Sid (while Poison and Roxy both have at least some backstory, these two have none and exist solely as filler characters).

ironic how the fag is nintendo  :D

Offline inspecterclouseau

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:October 18, 2009, 04:07:28 PM
  • I hope she made Lotsa spaghetti
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 08:06:18 PM »
So its really Nintendo's fault?

Userbar 2 by L.G. userbar 1 by The dude Z avy by r15

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2007, 08:06:52 PM »
Poison's first appearance is in Final Fight as a minor enemy and part of the game's main villain group Mad Gear. She tended to be one of Capcom's most controversial characters. The game had a penchant for palette swaps, and the character Roxy was hers. In initial game design both characters were biologically female. However, Capcom of Japan received a phone call from a Nintendo rep opposing violence against women, so the developers changed them into pre-op transsexuals (more specifically stated as newhalves), but without changing the in-game sprites [1]. This is stated in the game's Japanese instruction manual for the character's backstory.[2], and reflected in the very male "knockout moans" characters make as they are defeated. However, US playtesters failed to realize they were actually male until a representitive of Capcom Japan informed them of such.[3] Despite this, Nintendo felt that the female enemies should be censored, and they were replaced with generic characters Billy and Sid (while Poison and Roxy both have at least some backstory, these two have none and exist solely as filler characters).

lol OMG nintendo so sound like some suckas i mean i rather have poison be a girl than a ex dude

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 08:07:27 PM »

This is just another example of how america feels the need to censor things. I wonder how crap like Manhunt gets through....>.>
 >:-(-|*sigh* I really hate when people use the term "gay" in a bad sense.
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2007, 08:08:18 PM »

This is just another example of how america feels the need to censor things. I wonder how crap like Manhunt gets through....>.>

im not trying to be mean this is a real question uhhh are u gay :|

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2007, 08:12:31 PM »

Nope.
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2007, 08:14:14 PM »

Nope.

r u close to someone who is gay

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2007, 08:17:45 PM »

Nope.

Why exactly do you feel the need to figure out if I'm heterosexual or not. It's rediculous. Is the fact that I don't like it when people use the word gay like that mean I might be gay to you?

To answer your question, yes I do have a gay friend. So what? Do you have any gay friends?

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2007, 08:19:30 PM »

Nope.

Why exactly do you feel the need to figure out if I'm heterosexual or not. It's rediculous. Is the fact that I don't like it when people use the word gay like that mean I might be gay to you?

To answer your question, yes I do have a gay friend. So what? Do you have any gay friends?

see now i see why u have a friend thats gay i just wanted to know who i was offending but no i dont have any gay friends i mean i dont have a problem wit gay ppl but if they ever came on to me than thats when it gets bad

Offline C.R.O.M. jodafro619

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 11, 2022, 11:46:48 AM
  • LEMME SHO' YA SOMETHIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2007, 08:19:49 PM »
nutpatch is not g'ing on gay folks. Saying something is gay is like another slang for messed or F*&cked up. At least I am just guessing that's what he did. But  getting back to the topic, Samuel Jackson stated that the "gentleman" with the painted on attire was due noa censoring everything that was cool era. We was lucky to even see Mortal combat with all it sweat gushing glory. But luckily my moms was asega fan too and got that version LOL!

C.R.O.M. handling all the biters!!!

Offline Marancv

• Spriting Masta and
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 05, 2019, 01:31:04 PM
  • Check out My NEW SITE! ;P
    • marancv's Hidden Place
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2007, 08:22:04 PM »
i guess that at this point we all have some gay friend around XD
i have, and theyre so fun.
but
back on topic: Poison a Dude???? dang thats SOOOO unexpected!!!

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2007, 08:28:57 PM »

Nope.

see now i see why u have a friend thats gay i just wanted to know who i was offending but no i dont have any gay friends i mean i dont have a problem wit gay ppl but if they ever came on to me than thats when it gets bad

>:-(-| Alright dude, it's cool.

Now on topic: I wonder if Hugo knows this.  :D

Offline General Frostbite (☆)

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:August 19, 2008, 08:45:24 PM
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2007, 09:46:25 PM »

Nope, she he was a dude the entire time.

Well, now that I think about it, she he was made a female in the american version.

Offline Marancv

• Spriting Masta and
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 05, 2019, 01:31:04 PM
  • Check out My NEW SITE! ;P
    • marancv's Hidden Place
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2007, 11:45:24 PM »
so..Hugo is then a bizarre Pimp masta?  XD

Offline fatalfreak

• (^o^)
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 20, 2011, 01:20:57 AM
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2007, 12:02:20 AM »
...... well its not really a big deal but i have been hearing that poison from final fight is a transexual i been hearin it a lot so  :-??

btw, Poison has younger sister, and she is a real female.  ;D
I think she comes out in Final Fight for regular nintendo.

Thanks to Demonkai.  I got this MMPR photo.
I didn't know your name was :D. That's an interesting name.

Offline Krazy Uga

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 31, 2012, 12:20:24 AM
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2007, 12:14:03 AM »

Nope.

Lol Does your mother know your gay?  :D :D :D

kidding. KIDDING! ;)

Offline KristinaNardone

• Initiate
  • Last Login:February 05, 2008, 08:01:22 PM
  • XBOXGamertag:Pompous Kristina
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2007, 01:14:53 AM »
Didn't the article mean Nintendo of America, not Nintendo of Japan? ;)

Virtua Fighter userbar created by Akeme. Thanks, Akeme!

Offline inspecterclouseau

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:October 18, 2009, 04:07:28 PM
  • I hope she made Lotsa spaghetti
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2007, 07:45:22 AM »
Didn't the article mean Nintendo of America, not Nintendo of Japan? ;)
I think it did.

Userbar 2 by L.G. userbar 1 by The dude Z avy by r15

Offline The Great Matsutzu

• Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:April 17, 2009, 10:03:33 AM
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2007, 08:20:21 AM »
Poison's "real" gender is always going to be a topic of controversy. No one *really* knows Capcom's original intentions with it.

I believe later it was said that Roxy (the palette swap of Poison) was actually female. So that's at least one they went back on from the change.

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2007, 08:39:37 AM »
Capcom originally made Poison a girl then some company or something said they have a problem with guys beating up girls so they forced Capcom to make Poison a guy. Capcom's original intentions was for Poison to be a girl, so to me it's a girl.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 [28] 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal