collapse

Author Topic: House of the Dead Mugen Edition WIP project! Help with Characters needed.  (Read 1490 times)

Offline The Devil - Type Unknown

• Last Login:July 13, 2010, 05:55:12 PM
  • The Mastermind behind HOTD Mugen Edition (WIP)
Hello, everyone! My name is The Devil - Type Unknown. And I'm currently working on a very special project called "House of the Dead: Mugen Edition." Yep, you heard right! I'm working(or rather,trying) to create a Mugen Game based on my all-time favorite Arcade game, The House of the Dead! :)

Progress:

Stages: All 7 stages already completed!

Characters: This is where I need MAJOR help. As far as I can tell, no one has ever done any sprites and/or characters from the House of the Dead series for Mugen. If anyone is willing to help with the Characters, I'll be most grateful. I'll tell you which characters I want and what actions I'm looking for in my next post if someone responds.

Background Info: This idea of mine to create a HOTD fighting started way back in late 2006/early 2007. It was originally intended to be made with Flash, but unfortunately, I wasn't geting much help in some of the development areas. So, in late October of last year, I switched over to the Mugen engine, since I'd heard some really good stuff about it around that time.

To prove that I've made some progress on this project, I'll be posting screenshots of the stages that will be used in my game. I apologize in advance for only having Kung Fu Man in these screenshots because he's all I have right now in terms of characters. Also, I used Cybaster's Automatic Stage Creation tool(which I got at Mugen Fighter's Guild), to create these Stages(and get rid of any and all color loss), so these screenshots are as color-loss-less as they're going to get.

Here's the first one:

This is the Magician's Balcony stage. I am using this stage WITH PERMISSION from Kori-Maru, the stage's original creator. The only modification I did to the stage is that I replaced the background music(The Magician's theme from HOTD1 for PC/Saturn), with the Arcade version of the same song. I also did this with permission from Kori-Maru. This was the only stage I couldn't remake with the Stage Creation tool, due to me being unable to get the source image from Kori-Maru(he said he had a PC crash a while back that may have deleted it).

More screenshots of other stages still to come(if anyone is interested, that is).

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
Well Type Unknown it would be nice if you would desplay some of the work thats yours in this project. Sence your screen shot is of someone elses stage and just KFM, im going to have to move this, but post more of your own content and i'll be happy to move this back to wip.

Ok then. No problem. But I'm afraid all of the screenshots are going to have KFM in them, because like I said, I need help with making the Characters for my game; the reason being no one has ever made any sprites of House of the Dead series Characters(or should I say creatures) before. And without those, I can't make anything in terms of Characters. That's why I'm asking for help with this.

These next stages are ones I did make myself.

This is the Goldman Building Rooftop stage.

This is my homemade Virtual Dimension Stage(the place where you fight The Wheel of Fate in HOTD3).

This is the Abandoned Subway stage, which I made myself(since HOTD4 isn't coming to consoles, I had to use this one from the SNES game Final Fight, which looks ok, if you ask me).

This is the Goldman Building Foyer Stage, which I made myself.

This is the Goldman Building Courtyard stage, which I am using, and managed to remake WITH PERMISSION from Kori-Maru, the stage's original creator.

And finally,

This is the Goldman Building Exterior stage, which I made myself.
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: This stage is NOT to be confused with the Goldman Building Courtyard stage, which was originally done by Kori-Maru.

Hopefully this'll attract more attention.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 05:18:46 PM by The Devil - Type Unknown »

Offline zombieplasticclock

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 02, 2011, 11:50:22 PM
    • Email
Dude, what!? This is wicked!!!

What kind of character look are you going for, Capcom-esque characters, or actual rips from the game? If you want rips from the game, can't help ya there. But I'll gladly try and make the Magician

James is gonna be tiiiggghhhttt :D

Dude, what!? This is wicked!!!

What kind of character look are you going for, Capcom-esque characters, or actual rips from the game? If you want rips from the game, can't help ya there. But I'll gladly try and make the Magician

James is gonna be tiiiggghhhttt :D

Since you can't exactly rip stuff from HOTD1(or the other games in the series), even though it's emulated, I'll have to say I'm looking for capcom-esque characters. Also, thanks a ton for offering to try and make Magician Type 0 for me! ;D Ok, I hereby accept your offer of making the Magician for me. Any help with the Characters is accepted.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal