collapse

Author Topic: Good Mugen  (Read 873 times)

Offline azure_prinny

• Last Login:April 23, 2009, 08:53:58 AM
    • Email
Good Mugen
« on: April 08, 2009, 09:20:54 PM »
I kind of posted this on the help section, but it doesen't seem to get many view so i decided to post here.

since i am new to the forum i don't know where to go to get this info so i am just going to ask, in either way i am sorry if a topic like this already exists.

i wanted to know what "good" mugen can i dowload that lets me download the various characters you have in your database, most certanly the ones from the main page like Sibiote Onslaught, God Vega and so on

hope you can help

sorry for any bad gramar :)

Offline kratos

• The Legendary Ghost of Sparta!
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:August 14, 2013, 08:17:33 PM
  • In the end, there will be only chaos!
    • Email
Re: Good Mugen
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 10:55:11 PM »
compilations  [-X

Offline azure_prinny

• Email
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 11:03:48 PM »
what do you mean? is there something i shouldn't use? because as i said i am a biig newbie to this so it´s hard for me to understand, and i am also looking for a link to one of those "mugens" or a link to a topic that as it, i realy want to try out most of the characters in the main page, but i don´t know any mugens that "accept" them or how to add them, this is were i am seeking help.

thanks again  :w00t:

Offline ace_tales

• Initiate
  • Last Login:May 20, 2010, 12:49:03 AM
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 11:28:37 PM »
I kind of posted this on the help section, but it doesen't seem to get many view so i decided to post here.

since i am new to the forum i don't know where to go to get this info so i am just going to ask, in either way i am sorry if a topic like this already exists.

i wanted to know what "good" mugen can i dowload that lets me download the various characters you have in your database, most certanly the ones from the main page like Sibiote Onslaught, God Vega and so on

hope you can help

sorry for any bad gramar :)

yeah i dont no what he ment by compilations either.  :-??
anyway the latest version (I think) of mugen can be found at randomselect. (just google it)
its pretty self explanitory from there. if you have any other basic questions about mugen like how to make the screen bigger (youll definetly need that  ;*)) ) put in stages,characters get rid of 'DEBUG' etc. just post in this thread,no point on making another thread about basicly the same thing.
hope this helped!  :)

Offline MOTVN

• BANNED G
  • Restricted Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 19, 2009, 11:04:14 AM
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 11:59:08 PM »
compilations  [-X

o.O#

there is nothing wrong with starting out with compilations

torrenting them or getting them from mega upload is a really fast way to quickly build a roster of chars and stages

at this stage in the game he is such a newbie that having the most up to date version of a char or stage doesn't matter

trying out compilations removes the initial hassle of searching and installing but gives a taste of what is out there

Offline Esʞy

• Somebody that you use to know..
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 02, 2018, 04:18:20 PM
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 12:04:38 AM »
Hey you might want to check out tutorials on Youtube.
Like How to add chars and stages.
Also adding a screenpack and some music to your Mugen.
(click to show/hide)

Offline ace_tales

• Initiate
  • Last Login:May 20, 2010, 12:49:03 AM
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 12:19:32 AM »
o.O#

torrenting them or getting them from mega upload is a really fast way to quickly build a roster of chars and stages

at this stage in the game he is such a newbie that having the most up to date version of a char or stage doesn't matter

trying out compilations removes the initial hassle of searching and installing but gives a taste of what is out there
i personally agree that downloading other peoples mugen is a bad idea because usually the only people that put theres up are noobs or people that have dark orochi,god rugal
(btw dont get god vega unless its to use as a boss because he will tear you apart!) ,broli,etc and also it will take ALOT of time to sort through the junk.
anyway i dont think we need to worry about that since he said i want to try the chars in our database. from what i can tell he just wants to know where to download mugen.

Hey you might want to check out tutorials on Youtube.
Like How to add chars and stages.
Also adding a screenpack and some music to your Mugen.
^^(PM)^ i did mine that way 2 (before i actually went on mugen fourms) i was going to suggest that also but i couldnt remember the persons username that posted them.

Offline Esʞy

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 02:39:34 AM »
Ya, go on youtube search MugenLord, his tutorials are were I learned from.
(click to show/hide)

Offline azure_prinny

• Email
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 09:16:45 AM »
Thanks a lot all of you!
it does get more viewed around here  \-/o

i personally agree that downloading other peoples mugen is a bad idea because usually the only people that put theres up are noobs or people that have dark orochi,god rugal
(btw dont get god vega unless its to use as a boss because he will tear you apart!) ,broli,etc and also it will take ALOT of time to sort through the junk.
anyway i dont think we need to worry about that since he said i want to try the chars in our database. from what i can tell he just wants to know where to download mugen.
 ^^(PM)^ i did mine that way 2 (before i actually went on mugen fourms) i was going to suggest that also but i couldnt remember the persons username that posted them.

well, what i realy wanted was an already crated mugen (like my friends marvel vs capcom mugen) that is good that lets me add some characters as i want, but i don´t know how to do that xD

but it seems ill have to create my own? as for god vega i realy don´t care, i like "stupid" characters, just to have some fun once in a while, just to feel the overpowered like "Death Ogre" (realy want to try him =P~), i want to add my share of good balanced characters, fun characters, and overpowered just for the hecks of it.

o.O#

and i already saw wahts out, i have seen many overpowered characters as for pretty good balanced ones, i have the "SvC Ultimate Mugen 2007 3rd Battle Edition v2.0" Mugen, it has around 170 characters some good overpowered and balanced, but also many many characters i don´t use, but it has "shin Gouki" that i think to be a pretty good and balanced character
stages i don´t care much but i want good music and character sounds

ill check the youtube tutorials
thanks again

Offline Dissidia

• Newage Mugen Admin &
  • Stage Creator
  • Last Login:April 28, 2024, 09:18:32 PM
  • Neigh
    • Skype - dissidia.mugen
    • Dissidia Creations
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 01:22:28 PM »
I think it's better if you start fresh and finding the characters and stages yourself if you don't wanna waste time downloading compiled MUGEN files with cheap and broken characters, but thats MO. But there are pretty nice full games out there aswell, such as SEOH and CFR.

Offline Esʞy

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 03:33:04 PM »
If you want an already created mugen then download the one that's on this forum.
(click to show/hide)

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 03:57:29 PM »
I agree , he's kind of in the right place . Since Super EOH has a lot of great characters . 
Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline MOTVN

• BANNED G
  • Restricted Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 19, 2009, 11:04:14 AM
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2009, 04:08:39 PM »
i personally agree that downloading other peoples mugen is a bad idea because usually the only people that put theres up are noobs or people that have dark orochi,god rugal
(btw dont get god vega unless its to use as a boss because he will tear you apart!) ,broli,etc

Then you don't know where to look

and also it will take ALOT of time to sort through the junk.

ALOT less time than searching for chars and stages, downloading all of them, unzipping them, installing them, then testing and removing

torrent and download compilations while afk or sleeping, unzip while afk, test whenever, grab what you like for your personal one then discard or put aside for future reference

Offline GodzFire

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 08, 2023, 07:31:44 PM
  • Giggity
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2009, 05:30:08 PM »
That's what I did. Ironically, the first thing I downloaded was a Marvel Vs Capcom 3 torrent put together (as I found out earlier) by the admin of Favorite Fiction, which started me on MUGEN. I was able to learn about the game, try the characters, and go from there. I then started altering that, removing characters I didn't like, and looking for ones I wanted.

Right now I am downloading 'Marvel Vs Capcom 2 Ultimate', but the damn thing has been stuck at 99% for a few days. Frustrating!  @^@

Then you don't know where to look

ALOT less time than searching for chars and stages, downloading all of them, unzipping them, installing them, then testing and removing

torrent and download compilations while afk or sleeping, unzip while afk, test whenever, grab what you like for your personal one then discard or put aside for future reference

Offline Grayskull

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 13, 2011, 11:19:51 AM
  • Thanks to Hollow Boy for this marvelous avatar ;)
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2009, 05:39:56 PM »
I agree with MOTVN ,
it's good to begin with a  Mugen that have already a bunch of characters
and plenty of stages with music , and a screenpack too ,
personally that's how I discovered MUGEN for the first time , downloading a videogame
on Emule (it was called Street Fighter Mortal Kombat Dragon Ball Z MVC CVS KOF PC Game)
when I saw that I downloaded and discovered Mugen ,
a lot of characters that I didn't knew before , and if you got some luck you will get some rare characters.

But later I decided to change screenpack so I downloaded an empty MUGEN , a new screenpack ,
more stages , more chars , and deleted some bad chars that were awful , Like a Jill Valentine with bad sprites , without sound , and no specials or hyper . :DxDie

Offline azure_prinny

• Email
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2009, 12:23:14 PM »
sorry for the  long time to reply, but i don´t have internet right now, posting from my sister's house, so i won't be able to reply as often or reply at all.

so what do you really recommend?       

should i create my own?

maybe that's easier since i can ask for some characters and i am certain that someone around here can tell me if this or that character is good or not, or give me good links.

as i said i already have a pretty good mugen, but it has lots of characters i don't use, and i wish i could make the arcade a little bit more entretaining/diferent, since the final boss is "Magaki XI" a real cheater, (only uses his super wich hits everything on the screen) i wanted a more balanced character for boss, and some overpowered for the fun of fighting wiht them or against them with some friends. so i don´t think i can change this one, i can acces all the characters stages etc. but if i can change anything i dunno how, as i said on the help topic i added "Cyclops", "Cable" and "Captain America" from the main page of this site and none of them apeared in the game.

so is there any way for me to add characters to the mugen i have? since this one is preaty good and has balanced characters i wanted to start from here, but for that i would have to eliminate most of the characters.

the one that i can download in this site is good, but it is still incomplete, i play it but it is not the same thing, when this one is complete i probably will play this one a lot.

so should i create my own or should i try messing around with the one i have?

and one more thing what can i do to make the SMvCEOH's screen bigger? i have to play with it small and it kinda annoys me.

once again thanks! and sorry for the very long post. hope i could explain my self.

EDIT: http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/Forum_345/index.php?topic=21119.0

may even i use that one for what i want, with some modifications? it realy looks good and since it has'nt many characters maybe i could use it. this is a little confusing for me. NEED HELP!  ;D
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 12:36:37 PM by azure_prinny »

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar