collapse

Author Topic: SMvC: EoH Bug Report  (Read 15694 times)

Offline I_Burner

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:January 29, 2012, 05:08:52 AM
  • Avy by Hollow Boy aka C.D.
    • Burnt M.U.G.E.N.
Re: SMvC: EoH Bug Report
« Reply #125 on: January 08, 2009, 12:06:47 AM »

Anakaris's aerial D,F,K projectile move makes multiple clones of the opponent. This happens to every character I tested it against.

Sentry's Thunder Clap hyper doesn't seem to use any power if the first hit is blocked or triggers superarmor. It also can cancel into itself when this happens, and since it stuns the opponent it can result in a potential infinite against some characters (like Amingo here, or Sym. Onslaught's 1st form).

Survival results screen.... Someone mind telling me how many rounds Blackheart's stage is worth?  :D

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 21, 2024, 07:31:48 PM
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #126 on: January 08, 2009, 12:12:33 AM »
Everyone is doing a great job finding bugs.   =D>

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 19, 2016, 06:01:36 PM
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #127 on: January 08, 2009, 11:27:28 AM »
yeah to be honest im glad. i had found that one just last night b4 bedtime

SIG BY AKEME & ROSALINA BY LG

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 26, 2024, 03:43:19 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #128 on: January 08, 2009, 11:42:28 AM »
Cammy isnt Cammy.  Cammy is one of my favorite MvC2 Characters but she dosent play like MvC2. Were her Run? Cammy cant Run.  <_<|...|

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline Serious Cat

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 23, 2011, 02:35:21 PM
  • I eat flowers, too.
    • The Dragon's Mouth
« Reply #129 on: January 09, 2009, 06:21:07 AM »
In the ending credits, there's a section syaing Thank You that thanks Capcom, Marvel, Elecbyte and "You"

During this, the bottom and top screen borders are not the full width of the screen, where as in every other portion of the credits it is.

EDIT:
I don't know if this has already been mentioned or not, but I'm assuming this is part of the fact that this is still a beta, as well.

Rogue doesn't have a hyper and doesn't identify which ability she gains when she kisses, again, I think is part of the whole fact that EoH is still in Beta phase.

Is War Machine the MvC 1 version? In MvC2 he launches rockets from his Photon Cannon Super. Just trying to figure out if the giant beam supposed to happen...

EDIT2:

Is Iron Man not supposed to fly anymore?

Just checking these for accuracy to the MvC series is all, if these things were removed for a reason, I'll back off.

Lou and Angel are both in the credits for this game but I can't find either one and I've checked all of the hidden character slots. Maybe they're meant to be CPU Only, I have no idea, but I was curious never the less.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 05:47:31 PM by Kula Daimond »

Posting from my G1 mobile phone.

Offline KenFan9276 - Member of CROM

• Phoenix Wright > Megaman :D
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 25, 2014, 01:22:01 PM
  • OBJECTION!
« Reply #130 on: January 10, 2009, 06:47:22 PM »
When I open the file,it's empty.

Offline DizzyTheConquer

• Novice Animator
  • Database Moderator
  • Last Login:February 23, 2018, 07:37:31 PM
  • Amateur Animator, Editor, Game Programmer
    • Story-Arc Animations
« Reply #131 on: January 10, 2009, 06:58:18 PM »
Thanks. I noticed that the Sym Pun knockdown sprites were not updated in the version I sent Acey. They are corrected in the most recent version I have  :thumbsup: The stage not making it... maybe was a slip up..  :-??
I have a feeling the stages will be in it the next update.

Offline Serious Cat

• Initiate
  • I eat flowers, too.
    • The Dragon's Mouth
« Reply #132 on: January 11, 2009, 01:00:18 PM »
Even more reports from me:

Again, don't know i these have been mentioned.

Sentinel has the same problem as Rogue, he has no supers or hypers. Also can't fly. (Due to the Beta phase?)

Ice Man's (Marvel) ice beam hs the LP and MP bema sconfused, MP sends it to the ground, LP sends it across the stage.

Hayato's QCF+KK Super used to send the oher character all the way for an entire screen and Hayato would jump back into the screen. This isn't vitally important, but for those who are picky.

I'll keep messing around with it...

Offline MZG

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 28, 2011, 04:14:50 PM
    • Email
« Reply #133 on: January 11, 2009, 03:45:10 PM »
Sorry, but what version of the beta game is this.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 09, 2024, 03:17:05 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #134 on: January 11, 2009, 04:42:26 PM »
K, there's alot of things that happen behind the scenes that you guys aren't aware of, so I'll fill in what I know is being addressed.

1) drdoombg.def issue:
This stage was causing the game to crash so it was removed, however the string code on the Dr. Doom character still had the stage listed. The stage isn't there at all.

2) rouge/sentinel/etc missing hypers:
Most of Kong's characters (rouge, sentinal, roll, mvc megaman, omega red, etc.) are being retrofitted to adhere to the EoH standard, however doing so requires quite a bit of work due to his "Unique" coding style. Missing hypers are an unforseen side effect of said conversion.

3) Missing characters credited in readme and credits:
Several characters unfortunately were not coded in time for this beta release (Lou, Angel, Airman, Morph, etc), but wil be in the final release. The move list and readme were not corrected to reflect the last minute lineup.

4) Mising Stages/SuperJump
Well, some stages were just forgotten to be added, or the creator did not turn the stage before the compliling. Also, several of the stages vertfollows, floortensions, and tenions were not set for MvC Play. I am personally working on gathering all missing stages that should be accounted for and fixing the stage definitions for MvC Play.

5) Beta numbering:
This is beta 4.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 05:26:48 PM by G Lux of the A.H.K. »
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Serious Cat

• Initiate
  • I eat flowers, too.
    • The Dragon's Mouth
« Reply #135 on: January 11, 2009, 05:18:01 PM »
Wall 'o' Text that I actually read.

Cool, thanks for the upate!  :thumbsup:

Sorry if I seem a bit zealous about these things, but I'm a Marvel/Capcom VS fan to the end. Srsly.

I kinda figured on them not being included becaue of deadlines. The final project is looking mega-awesome, tho.

EDIT:

Just remembered:

Jin Saotome doesn't have hs Armor explosion special implimented (Hold down 3 sec then Up+HP) and Symbiote Oslaught has a minor palette issue on his hand during the (Magnetic?) Web Tempest.

Offline mastamasta

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:December 26, 2010, 01:54:40 PM
« Reply #136 on: January 11, 2009, 05:26:43 PM »
i know this is quite soon, and may come off as a stupid question, but when do you guys plan on releasing the final version of the game?

Offline xPreatorianx

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 08, 2023, 09:35:27 PM
  • I'm done you know where to find me. Click my sig.
    • Deviant-Generation
« Reply #137 on: January 11, 2009, 06:27:41 PM »
When they get everything completed. Rule of thumb never ask a creator(s) when their creation(s) are going to be completely finished. It will be announced when it is to be announced till then just wait patiently.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #138 on: January 11, 2009, 09:31:03 PM »
The final version will be released some time in 2009, it depends on how much feadback we get from but testing (whic hwill help speed up the release process) as well as other factors. The roster is pretty much locked and everyone is working hard to make this game as complete as it should be.  :thumbsup:

Offline novasod

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 30, 2017, 08:29:00 PM
« Reply #139 on: January 11, 2009, 11:15:35 PM »
I just felt like I should ask this. Is making every character have the same gameplay system and graphical effects one of the main goals of the creators? I'm not trying to be rude, but let's just do a comparison for a bit. In KOF Zillion, which is the SNK equivalent of what the EOH team is doing, there is more then one creator of the characters, and the cast currently consists of 65 characters, which isn't as large as EOH's 90+ roster, (80+ if you don't count the straight-out clones) though there are more then twenty EX characters. Here's where I'm going with this. Everyone in that game has the same gameplay system and the same graphical effects, despite not all of them having the same creator. I'm not trying to be rude, but why couldn't EOH's characters have the same graphical effects and gameplay system also? I'm not the only one who noticed the graphical and systematical mismatch. (Still a good game though.)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 02:29:13 AM by novasod »

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 19, 2016, 06:01:36 PM
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #140 on: January 12, 2009, 12:52:48 AM »
yeah i also saw what u are talking bout but i remembered a while back saying i think they should get the characters in there first then do the bug fixing so i think that maybe whats going on. U have to get the characters first then lock the roster then deal with issues.....basic plan right?

SIG BY AKEME & ROSALINA BY LG

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #141 on: January 12, 2009, 05:11:54 AM »
Sentry's cape seems to disappear for certain sprites when I use him in Super EOH . This was after a jumping hard punch

Also if I do this hyper in training mode he just gets stuck & keep repeating it over & over . The black outline probably shouldn't be on the effect either , huh ?

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:August 21, 2016, 08:15:31 AM
  • Get the hell out of my way!
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #142 on: January 13, 2009, 01:23:23 AM »
Why does Captain Marvell have two different hair styles? He looks like Guile on the top pic lol (well kinda has his hair anyways.).

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #143 on: January 13, 2009, 11:49:28 AM »
Why does Captain Marvell have two different hair styles? He looks like Guile on the top pic lol (well kinda has his hair anyways.).

They're two different Caps. One is Mar-Vell pictured above (the original Captain Marvel), the other (the blue one) is Genis-Vell (a genetic son of the deceased Mar-Vell).

Although for my taste, they play too much like the same person. Sure, Mar-Vell can do energy blasts in the air and his tackle super is slightly different, but I hope they are more changes to be made to either character to make them more unique.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline greatmuta2

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 19, 2017, 08:07:22 PM
    • greatmuta2
    • Email
« Reply #144 on: January 13, 2009, 11:59:56 AM »
They're two different Caps. One is Mar-Vell pictured above (the original Captain Marvel), the other (the blue one) is Genis-Vell (a genetic son of the deceased Mar-Vell).

Although for my taste, they play too much like the same person. Sure, Mar-Vell can do energy blasts in the air and his tackle super is slightly different, but I hope they are more changes to be made to either character to make them more unique.
no he meant the pics lol one pic he has like a pointed hair style the next its flattened lo also thanks for explaining that ive been wondering why they look diffrent lol also idk if the tackle should be there it REALLY gives away who was used as the base

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #145 on: January 13, 2009, 12:46:37 PM »
no he meant the pics lol one pic he has like a pointed hair style the next its flattened lo also thanks for explaining that ive been wondering why they look diffrent lol also idk if the tackle should be there it REALLY gives away who was used as the base

Oh, right. The hair moves in his stand animation since he bobs up and down slightly.

about the tackle, well crap man. Didn't you know Urien is the new Cyclops? lol
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline .:K.I.N.G:.

• King &
  • Global Moderator
  • Last Login:May 16, 2013, 07:18:26 PM
  • Accepting All Challenges
« Reply #146 on: January 13, 2009, 01:29:00 PM »

they both have similar moves looking at it but the game play is different.
Genis-Vell was the base for Mar-Vell so they were identical at first.
i gave Mar-Vell some different moves in addition to the renewed game play...everything that hits the enemy or have any effect on the enemy is different in terms of game play..
here are the differences..
1-you can use the 3 beams specials in the air...you can spam em up to 4 or 5 times if you are fast enough
2-you can use the energy explode hyper in the air while being able to control it using the directional keys.
3-you can use the beam hyper in the air as well
4-different combo system
5-different speeds in general
6-new variations in gameplay for normal attacks
7-different tackle hyper as you said
8-different vels, usage of effects, timings..etc

basically everything is redone in way.
I'm a Dude Playing a Dude, Disguised as Another Dude

Offline mastamasta

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:December 26, 2010, 01:54:40 PM
« Reply #147 on: January 16, 2009, 10:50:37 AM »
now i dont know if you guys had chosen to make it like this....but the button configuration when using a controller to play oppose to the keyboard, isnt the right way (ex. mugen, SF, MVC) you have the triggers of the controllers as fierce punch and kick and it should be the bumpers. not too mention medium punch, high punch, low punch , are all mixxed up, (same as all the kicks). id figured i pointed it out, itds kind of awkard planning with it like that.. maybe somebody cou.ld shed some .light on this

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #148 on: January 16, 2009, 11:00:43 AM »
Um,that's just the default seting and is fully capable of being changed yourself, so that's not really a bug.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #149 on: January 16, 2009, 11:08:43 AM »
now i dont know if you guys had chosen to make it like this....but the button configuration when using a controller to play oppose to the keyboard, isnt the right way (ex. mugen, SF, MVC) you have the triggers of the controllers as fierce punch and kick and it should be the bumpers. not too mention medium punch, high punch, low punch , are all mixxed up, (same as all the kicks). id figured i pointed it out, itds kind of awkard planning with it like that.. maybe somebody cou.ld shed some .light on this

I think it varies by controller . Mine is set up fine .

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal