collapse

Author Topic: Project Change??  (Read 637 times)

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 12:00:37 AM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
Project Change??
« on: September 08, 2008, 07:13:51 PM »
So... as most of you may or may not know... I'm making a MKvsSF Project... but I'm feeling that it's not getting enough response as I had hoped... Me and like... 2 other people are creating characters... so... I need opinions... do you think I should scrap the project and move on to something else, or not?

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
Re: Project Change??
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 11:36:04 PM »
Poll closes in one week. Just to let you know... :)

Offline Retr0Cart00n

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 25, 2008, 05:19:32 PM
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 11:46:39 PM »
Call me a jerk if you must. I guess I will be blunt and go out and say it here. ONLY based on me not being a MK fan I voted yes. I have a strong dislike for it. However from what I noticed. You have been doing great with the project. I don't believe in giving up in goals and dreams. I think you should continue anyway If you feel strongly enough about this project. You'd never know, it could be a sleeper hit. If not maybe a different project? [cough]A sequal to Marvel Super Heroes anyone?[/cough]

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 12:07:24 AM »
Actually... I have another idea already thought up, and even fully planned almost... kinda... Idk... maybe I can pass the project to someone else... if I don't really want to do the project anymore... To be honest... I've almost lost interest... mostly because of the poor response... but I definitely know people will be interested in my next project idea, for sure... I'm just... not going to reveal it till like... Christmas time... ;*))

:)

Offline Tundra

• Co-Founder/Former Member of the Infinity Deviants
  • Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 08:24:14 PM
  • SHEESH!!!
    • Wavy_Lamborghini
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 12:09:13 AM »
Keep it going. It's a great project, it just needs more advertisement.

Offline ItalianStallion

• Hoodville Certified
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:May 07, 2022, 08:13:31 PM
  • Today you are inspired. Tomorrow you inspire
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 12:40:24 AM »
Well it depends, you cant just say yes or no. What is the percentage in the game? Out of all the characters you are planning to have in this project how many have you finished? Have you made any stages? Have you made the screenpack yet? :-w

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 01:24:51 AM »
Stages... me, nick09, & EXShadow are supposed to be working on stages... characters... only... the ones I've already started... and... like... 4 others... screenpack... nothing yet... The percentage of the game completed... I'd say... the way it's looking now... 25% done... my Chameleon and 2 others are almost done... but the rest are only 40-50% done... or less... It's not progressing the way that I had hoped, really... if I ultimately decide not to continue it... I'll hand it over to someone else... maybe even this forum... to generate a lot more interest... plus the people here could help the other creators out way better than I can....

Offline Retr0Cart00n

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 25, 2008, 05:19:32 PM
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 10:46:08 PM »
Actually... I have another idea already thought up, and even fully planned almost... kinda... Idk... maybe I can pass the project to someone else... if I don't really want to do the project anymore... To be honest... I've almost lost interest... mostly because of the poor response... but I definitely know people will be interested in my next project idea, for sure... I'm just... not going to reveal it till like... Christmas time... ;*))

:)

Go ahead and reveal the next project, Our ears are shut.  %-(

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 12:23:36 AM »
Um... I may end up cancelling it in a few weeks... depending... I mean... I barely have time to code Chameleon anymore, and I think it was a stupid idea for me to start a project without knowing how much work actually goes in it... I thought it would be easier, but I thought wrong... I just don't have the time anymore... I'm probably cancelling Reptile and Liu Kang, as well... I'm not cancelling working on characters, though... I'll still work on characters, but not any projects for a while...

Offline Ohsky

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:September 23, 2013, 09:32:07 AM
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 10:30:06 AM »
ah so you are thinkin to cancel a full game project if i have understood that well?.

An what char are you thinking on doing instead?, if it can be shared. :O*D
Open source Custom Sf3 Gouken sprites, in the open source section.

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2008, 10:54:35 AM »
Mugen in general is very slow right now. IMT is the only consistant forum to produce solid ongoing game projects, but the traffic is slow around here compared to a year ago. While you might have gotten a lot more response last year, you probably wouldve gotten a lot more BS from people saying theyd do this, and that. Theres a lot of MK guys that will need Capcom edited, and thats a big project. Most of the big creators are tied up with their own projects so youll need to find up and coming creators who are learning, and accept that the project could take a couple of years, but thats any project.

When the idea came to do this Team Spoiler thing, we had little knowledge of code, or spriting, and most of the guys were people no one took interest in. Jason and I saw potential in people, accepted they werent perfect, and let them learn the ropes. It took a year, and a half but were finally starting to produce good stuff. Its a big journey to tackle a few characters, let a lone a whole project.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2008, 11:40:38 AM »
Mugen in general is very slow right now. IMT is the only consistant forum to produce solid ongoing game projects, but the traffic is slow around here compared to a year ago. While you might have gotten a lot more response last year, you probably wouldve gotten a lot more BS from people saying theyd do this, and that. Theres a lot of MK guys that will need Capcom edited, and thats a big project. Most of the big creators are tied up with their own projects so youll need to find up and coming creators who are learning, and accept that the project could take a couple of years, but thats any project.

When the idea came to do this Team Spoiler thing, we had little knowledge of code, or spriting, and most of the guys were people no one took interest in. Jason and I saw potential in people, accepted they werent perfect, and let them learn the ropes. It took a year, and a half but were finally starting to produce good stuff. Its a big journey to tackle a few characters, let a lone a whole project.

I didn't have a clue in the beginning . I just knew that I can draw & am good with photoshop & wanted to make something . Hobgoblin became that something . He's still somewhat a mess . I had no idea sbout palettes or anything at the time . So the colors are all wrong on the original palette . I think I've  come a long way in a year , though .

After things slow down & I get these other WIP's whipped out  :DxDie :DxDie

I am definately making an MVC Raiden .

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline ItalianStallion

• Hoodville Certified
  • Infinite Loyalist
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2008, 05:56:47 PM »

I didn't have a clue in the beginning . I just knew that I can draw & am good with photoshop & wanted to make something . Hobgoblin became that something . He's still somewhat a mess . I had no idea sbout palettes or anything at the time . So the colors are all wrong on the original palette . I think I've  come a long way in a year , though .

What kind of sprites tho? Like Binho's?

or the original Raiden sprites?

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2008, 07:10:58 PM »

Like Binho . He will look like he fits right into MVC  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline ItalianStallion

• Hoodville Certified
  • Infinite Loyalist
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2008, 08:29:19 PM »

Like Binho . He will look like he fits right into MVC  :thumbsup:

That sounds good then, i love Binho styled MK characters. When are you gonna start working on him?

Offline George Costanza

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 20, 2010, 08:55:01 PM
  • You can stuff your sorries in a sack, mister!
    • Heavy Metal Mugen
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2008, 11:08:37 PM »
thats crazy talk dont change *votes no*

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2008, 04:48:01 PM »
The project is officially cancelled.

The next project will come early next year... most likely... I will plan the next one WAYY BETTER! :)

[Topic Closed]

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar