collapse

Author Topic: No I will not let this topic Die.Maybe it's true what Kev Said.  (Read 1750 times)

animugen

Maybe he's really telling the truth.I mean if he was lying he probably wouldn't have gotten upset with everyone not believing him.But Like I said he needs proof.If he can bring proof or if someone else is willing to test it out then maybe a new revolution of mugen playing can be happened.C'mon no one hasn't even tested it yet.Someone's got to.But seeing that no one else will I guess I might do it.But the only issue that stumps me is the CD part.I don't think they sell CDs made by Max but we could try and look at Bestbuy which I plan on doing as soon as I can.I hope someone else out there in this forum with a Action Replay Max is willing to search a Bestbuy store to see if they can find this CD by itself.

He said it can't be music CDs.But don't Most CD roms take music? :-??
Anyway If someone with an action replay Max would buy that CD and see if Kev's Telling the truth then it looks like we found something.

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:August 21, 2016, 08:15:31 AM
  • Get the hell out of my way!
    • San Diego Animanga
Re: No I will not let this topic Die.Maybe it's true what Kev Said.
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 11:44:03 PM »
When he means Max Cds, I think he means the Action Replay Max CDs. There are two of them, one for the PS2 that allows you to run cheats, help you play CD-Rs and stuff like that. The other MAX CD is the one for the comp. This CD is what you use to make CD-Rs compatible to the PS2 so that the files the PC Max CD makes can run on the PS2. With that said, not EVERYTHING can be read by making these CDs. There is a small, but unlikely chance that noone thought about trying to import mugen to the PS2 this way. I do have Action Replay Max which I bought awhile back and I have blank CDs. Now if there is a certain type of CD-R that needs to run Mugen, I wouldn't mind buying the CDs myself since I do need to buy more CDs anyways lol.

animugen

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 11:46:48 PM »
When he means Max Cds, I think he means the Action Replay Max CDs. There are two of them, one for the PS2 that allows you to run cheats, help you play CD-Rs and stuff like that. The other MAX CD is the one for the comp. This CD is what you use to make CD-Rs compatible to the PS2 so that the files the PC Max CD makes can run on the PS2. With that said, not EVERYTHING can be read by making these CDs. There is a small, but unlikely chance that noone thought about trying to import mugen to the PS2 this way. I do have Action Replay Max which I bought awhile back and I have blank CDs. Now if there is a certain type of CD-R that needs to run Mugen, I wouldn't mind buying the CDs myself since I do need to buy more CDs anyways lol.

Well in that case why not go to bestbuy whenever you can then buy those Max Comp CDs and then see what happens.Because none of us except Kev has tried it.

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 12:26:03 AM »
I think when he means you cant use Music CDR's he means the ones for rack burners that are specifically for music. Like I said try a Memorex black CDR.

Burnable Music CD's usually promote music on the label. PC CDR's generally specify for data storage.

If this were to work I assume you insert the max cd, and somehow it offers an option to put in a data cd which can then run the data on the cdr.

Ive never used a max disc, so I have no idea what they can do. I just know I sure would love to play Mugen on my 55 though.

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 12:38:02 AM »
why'd you make a new thread on this?
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

animugen

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 12:56:18 AM »
why'd you make a new thread on this?

Have you stopped to think that Kev could be telling the truth?I mean you just want to give up without even trying?You never know this could be a new discovery.THAT'S EXACTLY WHY I REPOSTED THIS TOPIC!!!I will not let it die.The topic lives :w00t:

animugen

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 01:36:54 AM »
I think when he means you cant use Music CDR's he means the ones for rack burners that are specifically for music. Like I said try a Memorex black CDR.

Burnable Music CD's usually promote music on the label. PC CDR's generally specify for data storage.

If this were to work I assume you insert the max cd, and somehow it offers an option to put in a data cd which can then run the data on the cdr.

Ive never used a max disc, so I have no idea what they can do. I just know I sure would love to play Mugen on my 55 though.

You mean this?

Are these the CD r's you speak of?

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 01:45:42 AM »

However I am reading online there isn't really any difference between Black CD-Rs and regular CD-Rs. People online say that the black CD-Rs burn music better, although there is no proof that they do or don't.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 01:53:28 AM »
Stay away from the black cd-r's playstation 1 & 2 hate them . If it's what I am thinking , it's because the PS2 drive is so cheaply made it will only read certain types of blanks . Just get some quality blanks like verbatim .

Anyone have the link to that site kev posted ? I didn't have time to look at it yesterday because the holiday & family . Now it's gone ? 

I want to read up on this . I have mugen running on an Xbox on my 62" screen , but I like the PS2 controller better . 

All I'm saying is I am usually on the ball with this stuff . I have not heard or seen anyone saying Mugen runs on PS2 besides kev . I think if it actually happened I would find it somewhere , or at least something about it . But I am willing to give it a try If there is any possibility of it working . So I need that link , so I can read up on it .

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 03:38:09 AM »
The link that was provided didn't tell you how to do it, it only provided info about Action Replay Max.

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 07:31:13 AM »

You mean this?

Yep those are it. And thats weird that DT heard they dont read well. Thats what we always used on PS1 ripping devices. It may not make a differance but I never had a problem with them reading.

animugen

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008, 11:58:45 AM »

You mean this?

Yep those are it. And thats weird that DT heard they dont read well. Thats what we always used on PS1 ripping devices. It may not make a differance but I never had a problem with them reading.

Someone has to try this though.We must know if Kev was telling the truth.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2008, 12:03:16 PM »
@ alex I experienced it . I bought them because the PS1 games were black bottom , so I wanted all my game to have the black bottoms & the artwork . I did about 10 of them & the PS1  or PS2 didn't like them at all . I really have good drives in my systems , because I kep on swapping them out until I had drives that read most of the blanks .

Back on topic , if the link kev provided just explained the action replay . I don't think this actually works . Where is that kev guy anyway ?

« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 04:08:06 PM by DARKTALBAIN »

(click to show/hide)

animugen

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2008, 12:11:08 PM »
@ alex I experienced it . I bought them because the PS1 games were black bottom , so I wanted all my game to have the black bottoms & the artwork . I did about 10 of them & the PS1  or PS2 didn't like them at all . I really have good drives in my systems , because I kep on swapping them out until I had drives that read most of the blanks .

Back on topic , if the link kev provided just explained the action replay . I don't think this actually works . Where is that kev guy anyway ?

[IMG]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa64/DARKTALBAIN/infinity.png[/IMG

Link doesn't work. \-/o

And here's the Link Kev gave to me.

http://www.mod-chip.com/en/actionreplay_max_new.php

Check it out Darktalbain.

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2008, 12:19:55 PM »
I may give it a try since you can use the Max CD's for Smackdown Create a wrestler. That was my video game hobby b4 Mugen so I may yet use it even thought I barely play PS2 anymore.

I just dont fully understand the procedure, but Ill try entering the max cd, and then putting in the mugen files on a burnt Sony CDR, and see what happens. Worst thing that will happen, is I give the Mugen CD to a friend to play, and use the max cd for Smackdown.

animugen

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2008, 01:10:13 PM »
I may give it a try since you can use the Max CD's for Smackdown Create a wrestler. That was my video game hobby b4 Mugen so I may yet use it even thought I barely play PS2 anymore.

I just dont fully understand the procedure, but Ill try entering the max cd, and then putting in the mugen files on a burnt Sony CDR, and see what happens. Worst thing that will happen, is I give the Mugen CD to a friend to play, and use the max cd for Smackdown.

Kev said it was like this.You need to Burn your mugen stuff onto the Max CD rom and then you put it into your PS2 after The Action Replay Max tells you to put in the burned game.

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2008, 01:37:34 PM »

Kev said it was like this.You need to Burn your mugen stuff onto the Max CD rom and then you put it into your PS2 after The Action Replay Max tells you to put in the burned game.

Ill try it, but im not sure how youd burn onto a Max CD though? It doesnt really make sense. Wouldnt that erase any program on the Max CD that would adapt it to the PS2?

Im beginning to doubt the validity if thats the case. Unless these max CD's save with the disks origional data intact???

animugen

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2008, 01:55:48 PM »

Ill try it, but im not sure how youd burn onto a Max CD though? It doesnt really make sense. Wouldnt that erase any program on the Max CD that would adapt it to the PS2?

Im beginning to doubt the validity if thats the case. Unless these max CD's save with the disks origional data intact???

But I thought Kev said that there are Blank CD-r's.Well if there isn't then you could try those Black Bottom Discs you were talking about.Or try the discs that Dark Talbain was talking about.

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2008, 03:59:27 PM »
Right but thats not the problem I see. Even if there was a blank Max CD there needs to be a program to adapt mugen to the PS2, thats why this isnt making sense.

The only way I could see this working is if you put in the max program cd, and then take it out, and put in Mugen CDR with everything on it, regardless of what kind it is.

His story seemed to change halfway through so Im thinking its BS. Unless theres something special about these Max CD's Im not aware of.

animugen

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2008, 04:01:29 PM »
Right but thats not the problem I see. Even if there was a blank Max CD there needs to be a program to adapt mugen to the PS2, thats why this isnt making sense.

The only way I could see this working is if you put in the max program cd, and then take it out, and put in Mugen CDR with everything on it, regardless of what kind it is.

His story seemed to change halfway through so Im thinking its BS. Unless theres something special about these Max CD's Im not aware of.

If that's the case then why not try a normal CD-R then after it tells you to put in the burnt game put it in and see what happens.

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2008, 04:04:19 PM »
Well heres what the max CD does

Special Features

NEW! Preloaded with over 30,000 powerful cheat codes for the latest and greatest PS2 games. Blast your games wide open with infinite health and ammo, unlock characters, levels, vehicles and more.
NEW! So easy to update with new codes in a variety of ways. The only cheat code system that can be updated directly via a PS2 broadband internet connection, USB Flash Drive, CD-R, USB keyboard or standard PS2 game pad.
NEW! Includes proprietary MAX Media Creator PC software letting you burn your own Action Replay MAX-compatible CD-R's that play on any regular PlayStation 2 - no need to modify your console.
NEW! Enjoy MP3 music via your TV or music system using your PS2 - enjoy over 10 hours of music on just one CD-R (encoded at 128kbps).
NEW! Watch DivX movies on your PS2. One CD-R contains up to 3 hours.
NEW! Play Sega Megadrive game ROMs on your PS2.
NEW! PS2 online chat and instant messaging - enjoy real-time discussion with other Action Replay owners from all over the world.
Turn your PS2 into a multi-region DVD player and watch movies from other countries.
Pack up to 10 times more data onto any memory card using the MAX Memory Manager feature.
Download game-busting PS2 game saves direct to your memory card.
Want to access your codes quickly? Action Replay MAX is the only cheat code system that recognises your specific game disc as soon as you insert it.
Unrivalled code support - the fastest codes for all the biggest and best games.
Intuitive game-style interface that's a joy to use.

Hmmmmnnnn

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2008, 04:10:16 PM »
Heres another

BURN YOUR OWN PLAYSTATION 2 COMPATIBLE MOVIE, MP3 MUSIC and RETRO GAME DISCS!
The world's most powerful cheat code system and video game enhancer just got even better!

Bringing revolutionary CD-R and media player features to the PlayStation 2 for the first time, Action Replay MAX once again takes PlayStation 2 game enhancement to a higher level - as only Datel knows how.

With Action Replay MAX the PlayStation 2 suddenly becomes the centre of your digital lifestyle with exciting new functionality including MP3, the most popular movie file formats, CD-R compatibility, USB Flash drive support, PS2 online chat and even a retro games emulator.

Using the bundled MAX Media Creator software for PC, you can now burn a CD-R that will function on any standard PlayStation 2 console no need to invalidate your console's warranty by tinkering with the hardware. This incredible new capability is both easy to use and immensely powerful.

Now you can create your own custom-made PS2-compatible discs containing MP3 music, movies and even retro Genesis/MegaDrive games. Experience them all through your PlayStation 2, only with Action Replay MAX.

And that's not all

Packed with even more playable cheat codes than ever, and boasting the best code support of any video game enhancer, Action Replay MAX once again leads where others only dare to follow.

Action Replay MAX is packed with more gamebusting codes than ever, allowing you to beat any PS2 game with a whole host of 100% unofficial cheats that you won't find anywhere else. Instantly acquire MAX health, ammo and money. Unlock secret characters, levels, vehicles and much, much more. Blast your games wide open!

Action Replay's Advanced Code Engine (A.C.E.) will automatically download a game's codes direct to your PlayStation 2, in many cases before that game is even available at retail. What's more, Action Replay is the only cheat code system that will then automatically recognise your new PS2 game release, taking you straight to the specific codes for it. So why wait around until Day One for codes?

Not got broadband? No problem. It's still so easy to get the latest codes in a flash. Action Replay includes support for USB Flash drive, or you can download new codes to a CD-R and then load them into Action Replay on a standard PS2.

New codes can still be entered by hand using a standard PlayStation 2 game pad, or via a compatible USB keyboard such as Datel's own PowerBoard.

Action Replay MAX is quite simply the most advanced cheat code system ever developed, yet it's so easy to pick up and use.

Action Replay MAX's EVO Drive is the fast and easy way to transfer new codes and game saves between your PS2 and any PC. Go online to download the very latest gamebusting codes and saves. Use EVO Drive's massive 16 megabytes of memory to back-up your standard memory cards, or use the unique Crusher option to pack in up to 10 times more data.

FEATURES
 NEW! Preloaded with over 50,000 powerful cheat codes for the latest and greatest PS2 games. Blast your games wide open with infinite health and ammo, unlock characters, levels, vehicles and more. 
 NEW! So easy to update with new codes in a variety of ways. The only cheat code system that can be updated directly via a PS2 broadband internet connection, USB Flash Drive, CD-R, USB keyboard or standard PS2 game pad. 
 NEW! Includes proprietary MAX Media Creator PC software letting you burn your own Action Replay MAX-compatible CD-R's that play on any regular PlayStation 2 no need to modify your console. 
 NEW! Enjoy MP3 music via your TV or music system using your PS2 enjoy over 10 hours of music on just one CD-R (encoded at 128kbps). 
 NEW! Watch movies encoded in popular file formats on your PS2. One CD-R contains up to 3 hours . 
 NEW! Play Genesis/Megadrive game ROMs on your PS2 
 NEW! PS2 online chat and instant messaging enjoy real-time discussion with other Action Replay owners from all over the world 
 Turn your PS2 into a multi-region DVD player and watch movies from other countries 
 Pack up to 10 times more data onto any memory card using the MAX Memory Manager feature 
 Download game-busting PS2 game saves direct to your memory card 
 Want to access your codes quickly? Action Replay MAX is the only cheat code system that recognises your specific game disc as soon as you insert it. 
 Unrivalled code support the fastest codes for all the biggest and best games 
 Intuitive game-style interface that's a joy to use 
 and much, much more! 

I guess I can see this possibly working

animugen

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2008, 04:11:45 PM »
Well heres what the max CD does

Special Features

NEW! Preloaded with over 30,000 powerful cheat codes for the latest and greatest PS2 games. Blast your games wide open with infinite health and ammo, unlock characters, levels, vehicles and more.
NEW! Includes proprietary MAX Media Creator PC software letting you burn your own Action Replay MAX-compatible CD-R's that play on any regular PlayStation 2 - no need to modify your console.
NEW! Enjoy MP3 music via your TV or music system using your PS2 - enjoy over 10 hours of music on just one CD-R (encoded at 128kbps).
NEW! Watch DivX movies on your PS2. One CD-R contains up to 3 hours.
NEW! Play Sega Megadrive game ROMs on your PS2.
NEW! PS2 online chat and instant messaging - enjoy real-time discussion with other Action Replay owners from all over the world.
Turn your PS2 into a multi-region DVD player and watch movies from other countries.
Pack up to 10 times more data onto any memory card using the MAX Memory Manager feature.
Download game-busting PS2 game saves direct to your memory card.
Unrivalled code support - the fastest codes for all the biggest and best games.
Intuitive game-style interface that's a joy to use.

Hmmmmnnnn

So does that mean there's no such thing as a blank Max CD-R?You know like a Blank Memorex CD-R. :-??

Heres another

BURN YOUR OWN PLAYSTATION 2 COMPATIBLE MOVIE, MP3 MUSIC and RETRO GAME DISCS!
The world's most powerful cheat code system and video game enhancer just got even better!

Bringing revolutionary CD-R and media player features to the PlayStation 2 for the first time, Action Replay MAX once again takes PlayStation 2 game enhancement to a higher level - as only Datel knows how.

With Action Replay MAX the PlayStation 2 suddenly becomes the centre of your digital lifestyle with exciting new functionality including MP3, the most popular movie file formats, CD-R compatibility, USB Flash drive support, PS2 online chat and even a retro games emulator.

Using the bundled MAX Media Creator software for PC, you can now burn a CD-R that will function on any standard PlayStation 2 console no need to invalidate your console's warranty by tinkering with the hardware. This incredible new capability is both easy to use and immensely powerful.

Now you can create your own custom-made PS2-compatible discs containing MP3 music, movies and even retro Genesis/MegaDrive games. Experience them all through your PlayStation 2, only with Action Replay MAX.

And that's not all

Packed with even more playable cheat codes than ever, and boasting the best code support of any video game enhancer, Action Replay MAX once again leads where others only dare to follow.

Action Replay MAX is packed with more gamebusting codes than ever, allowing you to beat any PS2 game with a whole host of 100% unofficial cheats that you won't find anywhere else. Instantly acquire MAX health, ammo and money. Unlock secret characters, levels, vehicles and much, much more. Blast your games wide open!

Action Replay's Advanced Code Engine (A.C.E.) will automatically download a game's codes direct to your PlayStation 2, in many cases before that game is even available at retail. What's more, Action Replay is the only cheat code system that will then automatically recognise your new PS2 game release, taking you straight to the specific codes for it. So why wait around until Day One for codes?

Not got broadband? No problem. It's still so easy to get the latest codes in a flash. Action Replay includes support for USB Flash drive, or you can download new codes to a CD-R and then load them into Action Replay on a standard PS2.

New codes can still be entered by hand using a standard PlayStation 2 game pad, or via a compatible USB keyboard such as Datel's own PowerBoard.

Action Replay MAX is quite simply the most advanced cheat code system ever developed, yet it's so easy to pick up and use.

Action Replay MAX's EVO Drive is the fast and easy way to transfer new codes and game saves between your PS2 and any PC. Go online to download the very latest gamebusting codes and saves. Use EVO Drive's massive 16 megabytes of memory to back-up your standard memory cards, or use the unique Crusher option to pack in up to 10 times more data.

FEATURES
 NEW! Preloaded with over 50,000 powerful cheat codes for the latest and greatest PS2 games. Blast your games wide open with infinite health and ammo, unlock characters, levels, vehicles and more. 
 NEW! Includes proprietary MAX Media Creator PC software letting you burn your own Action Replay MAX-compatible CD-R's that play on any regular PlayStation 2 no need to modify your console. 
 NEW! Enjoy MP3 music via your TV or music system using your PS2 enjoy over 10 hours of music on just one CD-R (encoded at 128kbps). 
 NEW! Watch movies encoded in popular file formats on your PS2. One CD-R contains up to 3 hours . 
 NEW! Play Genesis/Megadrive game ROMs on your PS2 
 NEW! PS2 online chat and instant messaging enjoy real-time discussion with other Action Replay owners from all over the world 
 Turn your PS2 into a multi-region DVD player and watch movies from other countries 
 Pack up to 10 times more data onto any memory card using the MAX Memory Manager feature 
 Download game-busting PS2 game saves direct to your memory card 
 Unrivalled code support the fastest codes for all the biggest and best games 
 Intuitive game-style interface that's a joy to use 
 and much, much more! 

I guess I can see this possibly working

If only the dude had some proof though.If he can prove it to everyone then I know something good will come his way.

Anyway why not Theendgamelv3 and you Alex try it out with the Blank CDs you have?Not a Max but you know like Kev said Burn a Mugen into a CD-R then after action replay tells you to put in the game you just put in the burnt mugen game in there and see what happens.

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2008, 04:17:48 PM »
seems like a cool device either way. I have a ton of retro games that will work too, so it could be a lot of fun trying. Still confused about the CD part though, unless he meant to burn it from the max program onto a cdr then it will play.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2008, 04:20:24 PM »

Link doesn't work. \-/o

And here's the Link Kev gave to me.

http://www.mod-chip.com/en/actionreplay_max_new.php

Check it out Darktalbain.

Thanx Animugen , If it is possible & I figure it all out by beating it to death until I get it . I will definately let you guys know how to do it in detail . I have tutorials for the Xbox version posted at forums for everyone .

So I guess wish me luck .

Did you guys get to read what I posted the other day before the thread was deleted . Before the mod chips you could use cheat devices as a boot disc .  You had to solder a toggle switch to the board of the PS2 so you could turn the drive off & open the drawer for the swap . There was also some way by holding the power button for so many seconds . I just never could do that accuratly so the toggle switch was easier .  One of my ps2's still even has that toggle switch . So there is some possibility that it can work .

(click to show/hide)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar