collapse

Author Topic: Who Bought Super Smash Bros. Brawl???  (Read 1371 times)

Offline CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!! LVL 16!!

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 12, 2010, 08:55:52 PM
  • Pretend this mood thing says, "Feelin' Obvious!"
Who Bought Super Smash Bros. Brawl???
« on: March 09, 2008, 06:54:10 PM »
I just did bout an hour ago but...

I dont have a Wii yet!!!!  :DxDie :DxDie

Offline TrunkJunky

• Re-emerging Stage Maker
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:November 26, 2014, 10:09:54 PM
  • I know nothing about making anything anymore.
    • TrunJunky MUGEN Partay Mode!!!
Re: Who Bought Super Smash Bros. Brawl???
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 06:56:25 PM »
You big dummy. :DxDie

I get my copy of Brawl tomorrow. ;D

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 07:38:02 PM »
Got one, beat adventure mode. The only characters I'm missing are Jigglypuff, and Wolf.

Offline That Mugen Guy

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:March 27, 2012, 11:40:02 PM
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 10:17:41 PM »
I got the game to, only peps am missing is wolf, jigglypuff, toonlink, and sonic
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 06:07:13 PM by That Mugen Guy »

Jesus loves me, he loves me a bunch! Because he always puts Skippy in my lunch!

Offline ~Wolfpaul~

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 06, 2012, 05:57:31 PM
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 10:32:57 PM »
i got it this morning, its the best!  :thumbsup:

Userbar By The Dude Z

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:March 30, 2017, 10:27:21 PM
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008, 10:41:32 PM »
I got it at midnight launch, I was in the GameStop SSBB tournament, it was gay though, you had to use the iimote and no one was used to the controls so everybody jsut kept falling off the stage, it also randomly selectd your characters, I got stuck with Poke'mon Trainer and lost, maybe I'll post the vids later!  :thumbsup:
Coming 2099.

Offline That Mugen Guy

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:March 27, 2012, 11:40:02 PM
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 10:49:43 PM »
I got it at midnight launch, I was in the GameStop SSBB tournament, it was gay though, you had to use the iimote and no one was used to the controls so everybody jsut kept falling off the stage, it also randomly selectd your characters, I got stuck with Poke'mon Trainer and lost, maybe I'll post the vids later!  :thumbsup:

gahhh I know exactly how u feel  ~X(
the guy I was playing said lets practice for a lil, so we were trying to see which buttons do what, then the game stop person told us "u know u got 20 sec right" then we where in a mad rush trying to kill each other, so I finally got all the dragoon pieces together but whoop time was up, so we when to sudden death and there it goes he was samus and he shot the lil energy ball at me and I was dead.

Jesus loves me, he loves me a bunch! Because he always puts Skippy in my lunch!

Offline EXCh33ky

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 25, 2013, 04:21:03 PM
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 12:21:58 AM »
I just did bout an hour ago but...

I dont have a Wii yet!!!!  :DxDie :DxDie
i know how you feel captain, ive been searching like crazy for a wii but they dont have any anywhere :'(

Avatar by Shinrahunter, Sig by DemonKing Ex

Offline TrunkJunky

• Re-emerging Stage Maker
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:November 26, 2014, 10:09:54 PM
  • I know nothing about making anything anymore.
    • TrunJunky MUGEN Partay Mode!!!
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2008, 12:32:49 AM »
You'll just have to buy one off of EBay or settle for one of those rediculous $500+ Wii Bundles that contain games you probably wouldn't like anyway. :|

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2008, 12:53:34 AM »
That's weird, they let us use the characters we want at my local tournament. I hate Link now. He just feels more short ranged than usual. He feels a bit weaker. Oh well. Sonic is my new main char now. Man I love sonic in this game.

IMO This is what platform games should be (I'm referring to the adventure mode). Half the time I was playing wishing that new Sonic games would play like this. If I could, I would have Nintendo remake the first 2 Sonic games using the grapchics from brawl.

I love Sonic's stage. So much nostalgia.

Offline Negi Springfield

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:December 26, 2022, 03:12:38 PM
  • Got some change?!
    • Hokuto_no_Fan
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2008, 08:03:26 AM »
yeah I got it too
idk why you didnt un-lock Sonic in Adventure mode
O.o I did
anyway all I'm missing is
Wolf
Jigglypuff
Toon Link
and erm.....
idk if there's more
lol
later on when I get the chance
I'll post my friend code in the topic..for that
lol

Offline The Great Matsutzu

• Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:April 17, 2009, 10:03:33 AM
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2008, 09:00:30 AM »
LOL, we got Brawl yesterday, which is why I was mysteriously not around the board yesterday :-[... I was a little frustrated though, as my main from Melee, Jigglypuff, was the last character we unlocked (This morning). Can you believe I unlocked Wolf way before her... ;*))

BTW, Wolf is really fun to play as, I am glad for his inclusion.  :thumbsup:

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2008, 12:04:02 PM »
Mine won't come in the mail until later this week. :-??

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2008, 12:32:41 PM »
i really wished that Mewtwo or a similar good looking pokemon was there in the game:instead they put the overrated lucario( Mewtwo> >lucario)
BTW,has anyone unlock it?how does it play compared to others?

Offline Esq.

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 07, 2013, 09:43:21 PM
    • Esq. - MySpace page
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2008, 12:59:24 PM »

What? Ok, I guess different Gamestops did things a little bit different. I got to select my character in the first tournament I went to, and people were allowed to sign up as long as we were still signing up when they came. After, I went to another Gamestop, (I lost the earlier one), and it was supposed to start at 10. Got there at 9:55 and they told me I was too late and they weren't letting anyone else sign up, I was like WTF?! Couldn't trip too much though, since I had already tried earlier. Great game, only missing Jigglypuff....but honestly, I like it this way! (Sorry Great Matsutzu!)  ;*))

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2008, 01:13:59 PM »
i really wished that Mewtwo or a similar good looking pokemon was there in the game:instead they put the overrated lucario( Mewtwo> >lucario)

Yeah, I miss good ol Mewtwo as well. Of all that's missing , to me he's the biggest cut (That, and Roy).

I met Lucario in Subspace Emissary yesterday. I beleive he can't be avoided (part of the story), so he is unlocked pretty naturally as you play that mode.

He actually plays very similary to Mewtwo. He can charge up that glowing Psychic ball the same way and everything. I haven't played him extensivley, so I can't tell you the differences between he and MewTwo.

What? Ok, I guess different Gamestops did things a little bit different. I got to select my character in the first tournament I went to, and people were allowed to sign up as long as we were still signing up when they came. After, I went to another Gamestop, (I lost the earlier one), and it was supposed to start at 10. Got there at 9:55 and they told me I was too late and they weren't letting anyone else sign up, I was like WTF?! Couldn't trip too much though, since I had already tried earlier. Great game, only missing Jigglypuff....but honestly, I like it this way! (Sorry Great Matsutzu!)  ;*))

I actually got my copy at Walmart yesterday, unbeleivably. They actually opened up a fresh case to get me the game :-[

LOL, you'll find Jigglypuff eventually. I beleive after awhile of playing and not finding her in Subspace Emissary, she'll be unlocked anyway (by playing 350 vs. matches)

« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 02:09:08 PM by The Great Matsutzu »

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 19, 2016, 06:01:36 PM
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2008, 01:15:33 PM »
i brought mine yesterday morning and i played it all day until 4 this morning lol. just unlocked sonic then went to sleep cuz of my brown overloading. :D

SIG BY AKEME & ROSALINA BY LG

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2008, 08:18:45 PM »

Yeah, I miss good ol Mewtwo as well. Of all that's missing , to me he's the biggest cut (That, and Roy).

I met Lucario in Subspace Emissary yesterday. I beleive he can't be avoided (part of the story), so he is unlocked pretty naturally as you play that mode.

He actually plays very similary to Mewtwo. He can charge up that glowing Psychic ball the same way and everything. I haven't played him extensivley, so I can't tell you the differences between he and MewTwo.

I actually got my copy at Walmart yesterday, unbeleivably. They actually opened up a fresh case to get me the game :-[

LOL, you'll find Jigglypuff eventually. I beleive after awhile of playing and not finding her in Subspace Emissary, she'll be unlocked anyway (by playing 350 vs. matches)

Yeah I can't do 350 matches. It takes longer then it would getting her in Subspace Emissary. Somehow when I got to the fight against JP, I had Pokemon Trainer as my character and it became a Pokemon battle.  :D

My casual team is this

1. Sonic
2. Snake
3. Pokemon Trainer
4. Metaknight

Link would have been number 4 if he played like he did in the last two games. lol, and if Mewtwo was in it, he would have been number 3.

OKay. Here's my Super Smash Bros dream team (a team I would have if the game had all versions of all characters from all 3 games).

1.Sonic
2.Snake
3.Mewtwo
4.Pokemon Trainer

I'm sorry but when it comes down to it, Pokemon Trainer beats Ocarina's Link.
I guess my second dream team would be

1.Marth (melee version)
2.Link (Ocarina of time style)
3.Metaknight
4.Sheik/Zelda
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 08:23:19 PM by Violent Ken Masters »

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2008, 08:33:37 PM »
pokemon trainer is awesome. seriously.

does subspace have branching paths or something?

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2008, 08:45:04 PM »
pokemon trainer is awesome. seriously.

does subspace have branching paths or something?
I don't know about branching paths but I do know there's a ton of ways you can do levels. Like there's 3 ways you can complete the level Jigglypuff is on.

Offline Negi Springfield

• Infinity Faithful
  • Got some change?!
    • Hokuto_no_Fan
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2008, 08:11:57 AM »
^
well that's all fine and dandy
XD
I need Wolf and jiggly
CAN'T FIND!
XD
tell me,
WHAT STAGE (THE NAME!)
are those two chars are on?

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2008, 08:17:31 AM »
Part of this post is from the big Brawl Discussion from the video game's board, while I've altered it somewhat. I beleive for both chars, you have to beat Subspace Emissary once.

Wolf is in the Ruins level. At one point, theres is a platform going slowly down. After riding it, you'll see a door. Ignore it. Keep riding the platform, and it will dissapear. Then, you'll drop down further, and there should be a door there. Enter it, and Wolf will challenge you. Defeat him, and he'll join your party and you'll unlock him for the other modes.

Jigglypuff was in in area called Swamp I believe (I need to recheck the name). She was in an area where there was water, and a bunch of those tubes that fling you further.A door was floating between two of the black tubes, I entered it and she challenged me. She was the last character I found.

Good luck, Negi, I hope this helps.

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 17, 2024, 01:38:42 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2008, 12:05:50 PM »
I bought it doing the midnite release Saturday but couldn't play cuz i had to be at wok  at 7 dat morning :( I played 4 bout a hour yesterday and it seemed awesome but cant get in to it cuz of college :'( but hey school is more important :thumbsup: 

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline Negi Springfield

• Infinity Faithful
  • Got some change?!
    • Hokuto_no_Fan
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2008, 01:06:54 PM »
Wolf is in the Ruins level. At one point, theres is a platform going slowly down. After riding it, you'll see a door. Ignore it. Keep riding the platform, and it will dissapear. Then, you'll drop down further, and there should be a door there. Enter it, and Wolf will challenge you. Defeat him, and he'll join your party and you'll unlock him for the other modes.
There are 3 stages
named
"ruins"
X_X

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2008, 01:11:06 PM »
There are 3 stages
named
"ruins"
X_X

Here's a video.

The creator of this video helped me with his video of Jigglypuff.
Also I unlocked Wolf by beating boss mode with Fox on easy. (you have to fight wolf after fighting Tabuu).

Offline b.easy

• Global Moderator
  • Last Login:December 01, 2022, 11:28:07 PM
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2008, 01:50:12 PM »
shouldn't this should be in video games? and aren't there enough smash brothers topics there anyways?
anyways, this game is made of fail because of lack of lemmings and Kratos and compounded by the fact that I can't afford a Wii.

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2008, 02:05:22 PM »
shouldn't this should be in video games? and aren't there enough smash brothers topics there anyways?
anyways, this game is made of fail because of lack of lemmings and Kratos and compounded by the fact that I can't afford a Wii.

LOL, at first it was a discussion about who was able to purchase the game, but it rather segwayed into a gameplay discussion topic. :P

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 14, 2024, 03:10:11 AM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2008, 04:48:31 PM »

1. Kratos isn't even on a Nintendo platform at all.

2. Sad fact is even if you could afford, you's still have trouble finding one. I feel for you.

3. I haven't been here cause I've been playing Smash instead.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 04:51:11 PM by G Lux »
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2008, 05:59:44 PM »
1: kratos from tales of symphonia was on gamecube.
2: EBAY!
3:me too!

• Infinity Faithful
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2008, 07:33:13 PM »
Back on TOPIC!!

Nope, still didnt get a Wii!! :'(
(remind me to blow up K-mart for making my mom wait 2 hrs. for nothing.)

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2008, 09:55:34 PM »
Back on TOPIC!!

I know how that feels, I went running around xmas to get my gf a wii, but instead I got her a 360.  :D

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 17, 2024, 01:38:42 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2008, 12:17:24 AM »
 :D I was of those who sleep out side 4 there Wii i was 4th in line. That was the best nite of my life we all were so wasted :D

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2008, 05:38:22 AM »
:D I was of those who sleep out side 4 there Wii i was 4th in line. That was the best nite of my life we all were so wasted :D
lol, when I got mine, Toys R Us was taking rainchecks for a week after launch.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 14, 2024, 03:10:11 AM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2008, 07:19:36 PM »
Back on TOPIC!!

Don't sweat it. Thanks to the declining economy, K-Mart's gonna be closing up shop soon...
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

• Infinity Faithful
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2008, 01:29:55 AM »
I FINALLY GOT MY Wii™!!!!
THANK YOU!! THERE REALLY IS A GOD!!!!

HALLELUJAH!!

(I dont have to blow up K-Mart!!  :w00t: :w00t:

I can finally join the "Swap Friends Codes for Brawl Topic!!" Once I know how!

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2008, 01:35:45 AM »
I FINALLY GOT MY Wii™!!!!
THANK YOU!! THERE REALLY IS A GOD!!!!

HALLELUJAH!!

(I dont have to blow up K-Mart!!  :w00t: :w00t:
Yay for you! Now I have to figure out what my girlfriend wants for her birthday.  >:(
J/k, but seriously, I have no clue what to get her since she's not as big of a gamer as I.
Erm. What do women like?  :-??   I need a mircale.

Oh btw Cpt. Obvious, do you have wifi? If not, your going to need to get the ethernet-usb adapter to play online.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:15:00 AM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 01:00:10 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
[19] 20 21 22 23 24 25