collapse

Author Topic: did Michael Bay ruined TRANSFORMERS film ?  (Read 2134 times)

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
Re: did Michael Bay ruined TRANSFORMERS film ?
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2008, 07:59:49 PM »
alright, theres too many people to quote so ill just make refrences....

transformers the movie was good. it stuck a lot to the original story, had original characters, and talked about the things that related most to cartoon/comics. such as the spark, cybortron, etc.

i agree heavily on what vkm said about comic related movies. you cant make a movie thats based off a comic and change sh*t just to make it mainstream. period. my biggest example of this would probably be, you cant make a Jesus movie and do it to where he was alive (phsyicaly) in the 21st century driving a car and what not just to make it mainstream. it doesnt work. if your going to make a movie based on a comic book, then base it on the comic book. dont just say "oh were basing this movie on a comic book" and all it turns out to be is something totally different. all they did was just steal the name basically. and yes i am talking about movies such as spiderman, xmen, batman begins (vkm this is where i disagreed)

now teros...you stated that you liked the spiderman series and said it was pretty close in accuracy. dude...did you see spiderman 1,2,3?! everything about that series is completley redun. there are VERY seldom moments that were actuallly from either the series or the comic. and the fact that theres so many spiderman comics they couldve based on and didnt, is VERY sad. i mean hell, allllllllllllllllll of spiderman 3 was completely falsified. i could go on and on and on and on about how dispicable that movie (and this series) was but all i have to say to prove my point is spiderman teamed up with the green goblin on a snowboard.

vkm...you stated that batman begins was also greatly related to its source (which to me means comics, cartoons, etc). i say the same thing about that movie as i stated above. and again...i can go on and on and on, but all i got to say is batman had a tank?!!!....yes batman had a tank. last time i remembered, batman had a batmobile, not a bat-tank.
The Tank was based off another Batman comic series, but the story stayed more true to the original then a lot of Marvel films out there.

Offline street_shark

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 31, 2009, 01:07:10 PM
  • hello there boys and girls...
    • myspace
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2008, 08:19:13 PM »
the tank came in a batman comic that could hardly be called a series...it came from a spinoff. if they took the tank from that they mine as well have used the mutants that were in it. yea, it was a batman comic where every villian was dead, he had already retired, and came back just to fight with superman in the caribbeans....and some people wonder why it died off so quick. not to mention that 99% of the time, the batmobile was a form of car, instead of the 1% of the time when they decided to make it into a tank. sorry man but i just dont buy it. and last time i heard, bruce wayne wasnt trained by ra ja gule and scarecrow isnt some punk kid with a suitcase.

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:June 27, 2018, 08:24:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2008, 09:02:51 PM »
now teros...you stated that you liked the spiderman series and said it was pretty close in accuracy. dude...did you see spiderman 1,2,3?! everything about that series is completley redun. there are VERY seldom moments that were actuallly from either the series or the comic. and the fact that theres so many spiderman comics they couldve based on and didnt, is VERY sad. i mean hell, allllllllllllllllll of spiderman 3 was completely falsified. i could go on and on and on and on about how dispicable that movie (and this series) was but all i have to say to prove my point is spiderman teamed up with the green goblin on a snowboard.

You obviously didn't read my post carefully.

Quote from: Teros
Yeah, they weren't 100% accurate but it was pretty close compared to the other comic movies and that's all that matters.

Either way, they were good movies. Reread my post because once again, you just didn't get it. 8=|

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline street_shark

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 31, 2009, 01:07:10 PM
  • hello there boys and girls...
    • myspace
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2008, 09:12:36 PM »
didnt get it? naw man i completely understood it. dont make yourself out to look like some really smart kid that wrote a complicated sentence.

compared to other comic book movies, it wasnt accurate. so no, it didnt come close.

Offline Warcueid

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 17, 2020, 10:42:46 PM
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2008, 11:12:46 PM »
And so your point is that these movies were bad?

I think they could of tried to make these movies better (Spider-Man and X-men). I will say yes, Spiderman 3 was off, in terms of villains. Venom felt like he was thrown in there for fanservice and to make some bucks. But one and two were great. You say these films were off. Care to explain what was off. I really would like to know what was off in Spider-Man. I am aware that alot of the hardcore comic readers did not like some of the movies, but I try to understand that these movies were great for what they were: movies.

Offline BA$

• The guy who notices the small things people don't
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 17, 2014, 09:20:37 PM
  • I want to contrbute for MUGEN
    • follow me at twitter
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2008, 11:36:22 PM »
I think they could of tried to make these movies better (Spider-Man and X-men). I will say yes, Spiderman 3 was off, in terms of villains. Venom felt like he was thrown in there for fanservice and to make some bucks. But one and two were great. You say these films were off. Care to explain what was off. I really would like to know what was off in Spider-Man. I am aware that alot of the hardcore comic readers did not like some of the movies, but I try to understand that these movies were great for what they were: movies.
i agree you said about the first 2 spiderman movies =D>
Quote from: Unknown
Thinking.
Why does Dommsday pull the cape out of his crotch though

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2008, 11:57:52 PM »
didnt get it? naw man i completely understood it. dont make yourself out to look like some really smart kid that wrote a complicated sentence.

compared to other comic book movies, it wasnt accurate. so no, it didnt come close.

Give me a more accurate comic movie that was as good and sucessful as the Spider-man movies then. Like it or not, there probably isn't.

QFT!

I liked SM3, but it could have been better. Venom was thrown in there because of fans. Sam just never liked Venom.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 12:13:21 AM by Teros »

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline BA$

• The guy who notices the small things people don't
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 17, 2014, 09:20:37 PM
  • I want to contrbute for MUGEN
    • follow me at twitter
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2008, 12:00:43 AM »

QFT!

I liked SM3, but it could have been better. Venom was thrown in there because of fans. Sam just never liked Venom.
[/quote]
he was treated like SH*T >:( \-/o
Quote from: Unknown
Thinking.
Why does Dommsday pull the cape out of his crotch though

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 04, 2012, 03:03:17 AM
  • Hail TO the King
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2008, 12:38:41 PM »
first of all let me start off by saying...teros your reasons suck.

movies that stuck to the comic/cartoon better than spiderman are:
blade
punisher (a lil off but not insanely off)
transformers

the only thing i find accepting on the spiderman movies is the fact that the green goblin was controlled and possesed, jus like he was supposed to be.

..................................................................................................

comic book movies shouldnt be jacked up and different for the ALL of mainstream media to watch.

does everyone read comic books?  NO.  lots of people make fun of people for reading comic books. like jocks and sh*t.    comics  are an escape from the real world.  its fantasy.   the movies should be the same.  for the comic book nerds(like myself) to watch and enjoy.    not for the jocky guy who doesnt know who green goblin is to enjoy.       

why are they making it more enjoyable for the people who DONT read comics.
and less enjoyable for the people who DO read comics.

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Hail TO the King
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2008, 12:48:13 PM »

let me ask you this?  are you into anime?  dragonball perhaps?  cause a movie is coming out.  im not into anime.
but what if that movie came out and you HATED it cause it was so off !
but i told you that i thought this was a pretty good movie. (cause im dont know much as you)

this is the same thing but instead of anime its comics.

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Hail TO the King
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2008, 12:49:41 PM »
teros! shut up about the venom thing. that isnt the only reason why those movies sucked.  thats just 1 out of 100 reasons

Offline Sasuke-kun

• Presea Fan and
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:October 18, 2013, 01:26:43 PM
  • 50% output should be sufficient...
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2008, 01:19:01 PM »
<_<|...|
Lloyd: Presea, no one can stand against your axe!!!
Presea: The enemy has been defeated. We should move on.
Lloyd: Cold...

Offline Esq.

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 07, 2013, 09:43:21 PM
    • Esq. - MySpace page
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2008, 01:28:57 PM »
<_<|...|

:D Yea...that's how I felt after reading all that.  :-?? Really people...what's the point??? Some love it, some like it, some hate it...LET IT GO!!!  8=| This argument isn't even SOUND anymore. Teros likes the damn movie and that's just his opinion. If you're mad/angry, be that, but don't keep posting meaningless statements to convince someone that they're wrong for liking/disliking a freakin movie. All it is, is a lot of  :-@, all that needed to be said was, 'the movie wasn't NEARLY accurate to the comics...I hated it....it sucked,' and vice versa. THAT'S IT!!! Just let it GO people.  :-$

Offline Warcueid

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 17, 2020, 10:42:46 PM
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2008, 01:56:59 PM »
let me ask you this?  are you into anime?  dragonball perhaps?  cause a movie is coming out.  im not into anime.
but what if that movie came out and you HATED it cause it was so off !
but i told you that i thought this was a pretty good movie. (cause im dont know much as you)

this is the same thing but instead of anime its comics.

First off, no actually, I'm not a big fan of anime. I've watched some, DB,DBZ, others. Yes I am aware there is a movie coming out, will I like it? Maybe, the movie isn't out yet, let alone a trailer. But I don't expect these characters to fly around, shoot planet sized fireballs and go SS, or for the story to be the exact same. Spider-Man 1 was fantastic, most things were spot on. The only thing that I can think of was off is Gwen was never seen and killed. The scene on the bridge was even reminiscent of Green Goblin holding Gwen captive. Another one that was off is the fact that Spider-Man does not produce and shoot out web from his wrist, whereas he uses cartridges in the comics (which I thought was a welcome addition.)

My main point I'm trying to make, people, fan of comics and new should consider: This is a movie things WILL be left out, or changed completely. Treat it as a "What if" or, this is a "completely new storyline according to whoever directs/writes it."
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 01:58:32 PM by Warcueid »

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2008, 02:44:54 PM »
first of all let me start off by saying...teros your reasons suck.

l...o...l

teros! shut up about the venom thing. that isnt the only reason why those movies sucked.  thats just 1 out of 100 reasons

You're ammusing.

Like Esq said, just drop it. The movies were good, like it or not. You all make it sound like the movies were horrible just because you all said so. It's just like the Saw IV thread a while back. You just don't like that our opinions differ from yours, just get over it already.

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Hail TO the King
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2008, 04:26:09 PM »
well the people who dont like it are discussing about why we dont like it.  yall aren't.       i joined this little thread for 2 things, transformers(surprisingly stuck to the original theory, and made popularaty. that makes a good comic/cartoon movie, you dont have to go out of the was just to attract everyone in the world)  and also cause teros' posts were nothing but smarta** comments.    dont you understand when you act that way you tend to annoy people

Offline Sasuke-kun

• Presea Fan and
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2008, 04:37:40 PM »
Oh God...

Does someone from the staff team will have to babysit you on each movie-related topic or what? 8=|

Why is too hard for you to accept other people opinions about a goddamnit movie? :-w

Because isn't something important from real life...
Just a f**k*** movie!!! \-/o

You love it?
That's OK.

You like it?
That's OK too.

You dislike it?
That's also OK

You hate it?
You have your reasons and your right to do it but for God sake...

Like you, other people have their own way to see things and you or anyone else doesn't have the rights to make them change their mind to share the same opinion like you!!! >o:-(
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 04:39:56 PM by Sasuke-kun »

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Hail TO the King
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2008, 04:42:11 PM »
dude isnt this a DISCUSSION where people discuss!!           cause im laughing over here.  your over there getting all serious and booty tight and sh*t.   

when someone makes a movie thread expect the people who dont like it and people who like it clashing.  you cant do anything about it.

Offline Sasuke-kun

• Presea Fan and
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2008, 04:44:37 PM »
Yeah...

I know that, but it doesn't mean for that discussion to go beyond the rules to be locked and dumped in the end...

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Hail TO the King
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2008, 04:46:24 PM »
dont worrie bout it man.   it happens.        ya i dont care.

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2008, 04:48:06 PM »
and also cause teros' posts were nothing but smarta** comments.    dont you understand when you act that way you tend to annoy people

You are the only member on any forum I visit that gets annoyed.

Lastly, I haven't made any smart remarks, if I did, please point them out. If anything, you are for disrespecting the mods.

... this topic should be locked.

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline Esq.

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 07, 2013, 09:43:21 PM
    • Esq. - MySpace page
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2008, 04:53:45 PM »
well the people who dont like it are discussing about why we dont like it.  yall aren't.       i joined this little thread for 2 things, transformers(surprisingly stuck to the original theory, and made popularaty. that makes a good comic/cartoon movie, you dont have to go out of the was just to attract everyone in the world)  and also cause teros' posts were nothing but smarta** comments.    dont you understand when you act that way you tend to annoy people

Actually, I didn't make any comments at all pertaining to Spiderman, so I'm not really sure who that was aimed at. I commented on the ORIGINAL topic...way, WAY back. I don't feel it's always neccessary for me to drop a post, especially when I have nothing to say, as sometimes I just like to read other peoples thoughts on the subject. But, everything changes when people start thrashing each other, over the internet, about something not at all relating to the original topic for no apparent reason. It begins to defeat the whole point of the thread to begin with. If someone is 'annoying' you, IGNORE THEM. It's pointless to argue over something that has no right or wrong answer. It's merely a difference in opinion. Everything that's happened in those prior posts was useless. That's why I interjected. I'm not a mod/administrator, but as a part of this community I felt the need to speak up. Just let it go...not siding with ANYONE, I'm speaking to EVERYONE. Just let it go and move on.

Oh God...

Does someone from the staff team will have to babysit you on each movie-related topic or what? 8=|

Why is too hard for you to accept other people opinions about a goddamnit movie? :-w

Because isn't something important from real life...
Just a f**k*** movie!!! \-/o

You love it?
That's OK.

You like it?
That's OK too.

You dislike it?
That's also OK

You hate it?
You have your reasons and your right to do it but for God sake...

Like you, other people have their own way to see things and you or anyone else doesn't have the rights to make them change their mind to share the same opinion like you!!! >o:-(

^^(PM)^

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Hail TO the King
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2008, 04:59:22 PM »
hey look at me i love spiderman movies  8-}

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Hail TO the King
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2008, 05:00:18 PM »
THAT WAS THE LAST SPIDERMAN POST I SWEAR!

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2008, 05:05:41 PM »
THAT WAS THE LAST SPIDERMAN POST I SWEAR!

Can I still make my joke?

how old are u again? it says your 19,  act it.

Just a joke, don't take it seriously :P

... now, after this post lets get back on topic to Transformers.

I can't wait for the sequel :thumbsup:

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[Today at 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar