collapse

Author Topic: Despero  (Read 3436 times)

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
Re: Despero
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2012, 12:49:35 PM »
I didn't get a chance to listen. I just downloaded them last night. I definitely will tonight!
Alrighty then. Be sure to give me some critique when you get to listen to them

Offline xxxXx

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 20, 2018, 02:36:15 PM
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2012, 01:16:26 PM »
HyperSonic92 has done a wonderful job on the voice pack. I've altered a sample sound to make it more like a big monster/brute (imo the comic version of despero). I'd be grateful for your oppinions.
http://www.4shared.com/rar/fxymg5sV/voice.html

Offline metamutant

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:May 05, 2024, 09:46:50 AM
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2012, 02:29:18 PM »
very nice, he sounds much better  :thumbsup:

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2012, 02:34:45 PM »
Can you make a sendspace link? It says I can't download from there without an account and I don't want to set up one there

Offline xxxXx

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2012, 02:41:24 PM »

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2012, 02:45:29 PM »
Thanks man  :Terry

As far as the clip goes, it just sounds like mine but much more deeper. So I guess not that big a change. Still sounds good though, I'm glad that you liked what I sent you

Offline Cyanide

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 29, 2019, 06:52:34 AM
    • Mugen Obscurity
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2012, 03:35:18 AM »
# Super jump shouldn't be that mobile. Standard Vs allows you to accelerate to 4, pressing back is a much lower decrease for altering the speed. You can move a lot while jumping with this guy.
# As with Clayface, template is broken for comboing. If i want to launch someone i have to do it from crouching. I can't get into his launcher while standing (this is a pretty easy fix, will explain at end of post)
# QCB+K, deals more damage than 1 super and almost as much as the other 2. You have a couple of other specials doing far too much in comparison to the supers as well.
# animation speeds on basics could do with some changes, they're REALLY fast, this makes for an incredibly easy and very loose combo system.
# maybe less transparency on the afterimages? Capcoms afterimages specially in the Vs games were pretty opaque
# QCF+K, needs more impact when he lands, pause p2 there for 10-20 ticks before throwing him away add an envshake too. Could also do this with the normal throw version.
# I managed a 6 hit combo with light punch, should be 2 tops, i think your anim speed is causing this
# Push on a lot of basics is iffy. Take light punch again, when close you can hit up to 4-5 times without moving, against the wall, once only. Crouch, now you can hit 7 times before he's out of range. c.LK is 8 hits before he's out of your way.
# QCB+mp>mp>repeat. I get stuck, but i can get at least 15 hits doing this, if i was better at timing i think you could kill someone.
# still lots of superman in the .sff file
# movecamera on the QCB+K moves needs to be off, that hand shouldn't take control of the action like that, it's a projectile, not a person.
# player indicators show up despite the fact that p2 isn't really high enough to need it, although that's potentially my floor tension

To solve your combo issues, use HoldDown as the identifier for a crouching attack and swap the statetype to != A the same as your standing attacks, this way you can switch and change between both crouching and standing. It also gives you more flexibility in combos.

Also, if you could convince whoever sprited this to add a couple more frames to the heavy moves you'll get a more fluent basis to your standing combos. Right now there is barely any advantage to the light moves because of the low frame count. 1 frame > hit for light. 1 frame > hit for medium.

Lastly, and this is a more personal gripe. You need to move onto 1.0 if you're going to do AI to any extent. Winmugen AI is ugly and the ailevel trigger is far cleaner.

Offline xxxXx

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2012, 11:52:58 AM »
# Super jump shouldn't be that mobile. Standard Vs allows you to accelerate to 4, pressing back is a much lower decrease for altering the speed. You can move a lot while jumping with this guy.
# As with Clayface, template is broken for comboing. If i want to launch someone i have to do it from crouching. I can't get into his launcher while standing (this is a pretty easy fix, will explain at end of post)
# QCB+K, deals more damage than 1 super and almost as much as the other 2. You have a couple of other specials doing far too much in comparison to the supers as well.
# animation speeds on basics could do with some changes, they're REALLY fast, this makes for an incredibly easy and very loose combo system.
# maybe less transparency on the afterimages? Capcoms afterimages specially in the Vs games were pretty opaque
# QCF+K, needs more impact when he lands, pause p2 there for 10-20 ticks before throwing him away add an envshake too. Could also do this with the normal throw version.
# I managed a 6 hit combo with light punch, should be 2 tops, i think your anim speed is causing this
# Push on a lot of basics is iffy. Take light punch again, when close you can hit up to 4-5 times without moving, against the wall, once only. Crouch, now you can hit 7 times before he's out of range. c.LK is 8 hits before he's out of your way.
# QCB+mp>mp>repeat. I get stuck, but i can get at least 15 hits doing this, if i was better at timing i think you could kill someone.
# still lots of superman in the .sff file
# movecamera on the QCB+K moves needs to be off, that hand shouldn't take control of the action like that, it's a projectile, not a person.
# player indicators show up despite the fact that p2 isn't really high enough to need it, although that's potentially my floor tension

To solve your combo issues, use HoldDown as the identifier for a crouching attack and swap the statetype to != A the same as your standing attacks, this way you can switch and change between both crouching and standing. It also gives you more flexibility in combos.

Also, if you could convince whoever sprited this to add a couple more frames to the heavy moves you'll get a more fluent basis to your standing combos. Right now there is barely any advantage to the light moves because of the low frame count. 1 frame > hit for light. 1 frame > hit for medium.

Lastly, and this is a more personal gripe. You need to move onto 1.0 if you're going to do AI to any extent. Winmugen AI is ugly and the ailevel trigger is far cleaner.

thx for the detailed feedback. I'll try to work it through...
Thanks man  :Terry

As far as the clip goes, it just sounds like mine but much more deeper. So I guess not that big a change. Still sounds good though, I'm glad that you liked what I sent you

I'll try to remake all the other clips in the same way, we'll see which version fits despero better.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2012, 12:05:54 PM »
I'll try to remake all the other clips in the same way, we'll see which version fits despero better.
Alright. Do you need me to record any other clips as well?

Offline xxxXx

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2012, 03:50:58 PM »
Alright. Do you need me to record any other clips as well?

most likely yes. but I'm gonna need some ideas.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2012, 04:26:34 PM »
most likely yes. but I'm gonna need some ideas.
Maybe go through some comics or episodes featuring Despero to find some ideas

Offline xxxXx

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2012, 04:38:26 PM »
Maybe go through some comics or episodes featuring Despero to find some ideas

good idea, will try that. I'll come back with some ideas possibly after this weekend. Also if you or anyone else have a sugestion, please post them and we'll choose the best ones.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2012, 05:17:20 PM »
good idea, will try that. I'll come back with some ideas possibly after this weekend. Also if you or anyone else have a sugestion, please post them and we'll choose the best ones.
I'll see what I can do  :Terry

Offline Kazander13

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 07, 2018, 04:34:39 PM
  • Predictabo!
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2012, 10:47:01 PM »
This one is off to a good start. 

The only feedback I have at the moment is the damage difference between supers and hypers that Cyanide pointed out.  The spread between the QCB+k moves varies a little wildly and the one using LK does a bit too much damage in my opinion.  The Gun hyper does way too little damage even if all the bullets connect.  And maybe this one was just me being a tard, but I couldn't perform his QCB+KK hyper  listed in the .cmd file.

(Edit)

He also seems to cause an excessive amount of block damage with his normal supers, but this may be due to the project he's designed for.

Overall it's a great addition to the DC roster and I look forward to any improvements.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 10:52:18 PM by Kazander13 »

Offline Cyanide

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 29, 2019, 06:52:34 AM
    • Mugen Obscurity
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2012, 11:51:07 PM »
The command is listed, but there is no changestate for it. You can have a command without it ever being used, which is what has happened here.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar