collapse

Author Topic: Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG  (Read 2677 times)

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG
« on: February 09, 2010, 02:49:25 PM »
After noticing a few ppl that used to play it or play the game,i decided to make a YGO thread to comment on the current happenings of the game in general or what are your favorite cards/combos/decks,or whatever you feel like commenting about the card game itself

So let's break the ice with this question:what are your thoughts of the current format?
Any predictions for the March "Banlist"?

Imo,something has to be done to hit Lightsworn decks...they have been running around pretty much untouched for at least a year and a half,and the deck is only dominating now because of how other decks got weakened in September

Also,did anyone got to the pre-release events of the new set Absolute Powerforce?
I did,but i pulled nothing worth mentioning out of my 5 packs  :'(

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 03:07:14 PM »
I still play i have 3 main decks , Lightsworn , Gladiator beast and my own personal I've won many local tournaments and came out in the top 8 in the regional not to mention a few toy r us tournaments.

I think the current ban/limited list slowed down the lightsworn and gladiator beast decks way too much

I can only run 2 Judgment dragon's and for Gb only one retiari is nsane!

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 12:00:37 AM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 04:13:21 PM »
Idk if I should be putting this here or not... but I am selling 100 Mixed Lots of Yugioh cards on eBay.. so if anyone wants me to provide a link, I can.

I have like 1000 of those cards... lol...

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 04:21:04 PM »
GB's being slowed down is indeed a fact.Rescue Cat,Cold Wave and Solemn Judgment at 1 really put a dent on how competitive it is.btw,the Glad you are talking about is not Retiari,is Bestiari  :P

LS,on the other hand,didn't even get hit at all in September,which pissed off everyone not playing Lightsworn. It's currently the fastest deck of the format,and the key cards have a bullseye on the list in March   :-w

I have quite a few decks,and i have won a few locals lately(haven't really been in the game for a long time).I currently run Blackwings,but i'm finishing up X-Sabers and have the stuff to build Fortune Ladies,Spellcasters based on sp.counters,Aliens,Morphtronics and mainly,a Gradius themed deck with Victory Viper XX03 as one of the main cards
Haven't had the chance yet to be at a regional(because there were none so far)

@ATICE:cards from what sets are included on the lot?

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 04:33:36 PM »
@ATICE:cards from what sets are included on the lot?
I have like... well... they're mostly cards from the original series... I don't have any uh... GX cards... well... barely any... Like I tell the buyers on eBay, if you're looking for specifics just name them...

Here's the link to my listing: http://cgi.ebay.com/100-Yu-Gi-Oh-Cards-MIXED-LOT_W0QQitemZ320439338388QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4a9bac4594

(click to show/hide)

Offline Epicsmith93

• Aku wa yarusan!
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:March 27, 2011, 10:05:28 PM
  • Do you really wanna mess with me?!
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 05:22:55 PM »
I was in third grade when yugioh first came out, so I guess i'm still very addicted. I've liked all the cards from each set. I just think the concept for the 5'ds show is stupid. "Let's play this on motorcycles going over 200mph! How fun!"  o.O# But the cards themselves are cool though, no doubt

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 07:23:36 PM »
the concept looked stupid to me,but the mechanics and the adjustments they made for the riding duels are pretty interesting,specially in the latter episodes where the field actually does something for the game(Speed World 2 that is)

Offline KenFan9276 - Member of CROM

• Phoenix Wright > Megaman :D
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 25, 2014, 01:22:01 PM
  • OBJECTION!
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 08:18:30 PM »
easy answer:ELEMENTAL HERO DECK I WHOOP SOME REAR END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Epicsmith93

• Aku wa yarusan!
  • Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 09:33:25 PM »
I actually came up with the fusion of all 3 main protagonists ace cards which turned out to be...
Elemental Hero: Stardust Magician!  <_<|...|

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2010, 09:44:08 PM »
lol...did you not hear about the YGO Movie in Japan?Jaden and Yugi fuse Neos with Black Luster Soldier to form Elemental Hero Neos Knight  <_<|google|

Offline Epicsmith93

• Aku wa yarusan!
  • Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2010, 09:46:14 PM »
I heard bout the movie, just not them actually fusing a monster together. And isn't there a rule where you can only have 15 cards in your fusion deck anyways?

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2010, 10:14:27 PM »
I heard bout the movie, just not them actually fusing a monster together. And isn't there a rule where you can only have 15 cards in your fusion deck anyways?
Are you going by actual rules or just tournament rules.... because unless you're going to be in a tournament anytime soon.. I wouldn't really follow the tournament rules... Do they even have Yugioh tournaments anymore?

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2010, 11:22:27 PM »
I played Yu Gi Oh before I played Magic. I was a national champion for Yu Gi Oh, won a few shonen jumps & was a top rated player in the USA for awhile on Upper Decks website.
I started getting mad when I would pay a ton of money for cards & build decks, then they would ban things. Because they were trying to make it fair for all to play. Screw that, if someone can't afford to buy the cards they shouldn't play in the big tournaments. Or if they do, they shouldn't really expect to beat me with my 1000 dollar chaos deck. Not an exxageration either, I had Morphing Jars in their when you could only get them in tournamant packs.  That card alone was like $400. I played after they banned yata * chaos & everything that was good. But it seemed everytime I had a winning deck & it got posted on the net, the next ban list had half the cards on it. Why ban Pot of Greed? It was a rare, anyone could afford it. Then those Dark Beginning sets came out & all the hard to find cards that were worth something from tournament packs were now commons. What was upper deck thinking there? I was smart enough to get rid of my needle worms & royal decree's before those sets came out. But still every kid around now had needle worms, just sad. Winning tournaments to get those packs used to mean something before that. that stupid last turn deck used to p*ss me off too. that d*mn deck took no skill to play. That was one card that deserved to be banned. I still played after all that but lost interest & went to magic. My last deck was all common versions of cards & they were all normal monsters with order to charge & things. that deck used to win a lot. No one expected it at the major tourneys. I still have 1000's of Yu Gi Oh cards now. Antone want to buy them? lol     
Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2010, 11:42:34 PM »
yep your right it is bestiari! Don't Worry about LS there all going to be re-printed so the cards are going
to be extra cheap they already re-printed Honest! so it's not long before everyone had a LS deck and
that would only lead to some of the cards being limited/banned even though Gladiator's been slowed down
their perfect against LS, LS just can't stop them from swarming! I know this because I run both.

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Epicsmith93

• Aku wa yarusan!
  • Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2010, 11:54:54 PM »
One of my favorite deck themes was always the ArchFiends. Of course there draw back being paying Life Points, but I stacked that field spell that makes both players pay it and the creature that made it so you didn't have to do it either. I also liked the ability to negate certain effects with dice rolls, so I used some traps that allowed you to reroll dice as well. What are some other good Deck Types guys?

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2010, 12:05:13 AM »
@DT: That's why I never played by the tournament rules... It was really weird how they were banning cards that are actually important... If I'm not mistaken they even banned Change of Heart & Monster Reborn.... I used to laugh at all my friends who played with the tournament rules because I would pwn them... then one day about half of them decided "We're not dueling anyone who doesn't abide by the tournament rules..." And I was just like... wtf... half of my cards are "banned from Yugioh dueling".... and they were like "oh well..."... It's one of the reasons I'm selling them on eBay.. I got fed up with all the bull... and I hate how some duelers take it WAYY TOO SERIOUSLY... like the card effects.. some of the card effects can have different attitudes to them... making you think they're supposed to do or prevent one thing, when they're doing or preventing another thing from happening... It just got totally crazy...

Offline Epicsmith93

• Aku wa yarusan!
  • Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2010, 12:14:00 AM »
What's crazier is when YGO was first released, how instantly it got banned from schools because there were "Card Sharks". People would challenge other people to duels, and winners got to keep the other players cards. You kow, Like they did in the anime  o.O#. Seriously, why would you even accept a challenge like that?

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2010, 12:23:37 AM »
lol! i used to be a card shark i used to take people deck's o well they should of never accepted the challenge. It became popular after the episode with the "rare" hunters duelist that hunt for rare cards in the anime. After that everyone in school wanted to be just like them.

(click to show/hide)

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2010, 01:06:45 AM »

Last I played in major tournaments your fusion deck could be as big as you wanted. I had a magical scientist deck & my fusion deck consisted of like 100 cards I'd pull it out & set it next to my deck 7 people would think I was out of my mind, until they seen there life points go away on turn one & some just really didn't understand what happened ...lol

@DT: That's why I never played by the tournament rules... It was really weird how they were banning cards that are actually important... If I'm not mistaken they even banned Change of Heart & Monster Reborn.... I used to laugh at all my friends who played with the tournament rules because I would pwn them... then one day about half of them decided "We're not dueling anyone who doesn't abide by the tournament rules..." And I was just like... wtf... half of my cards are "banned from Yugioh dueling".... and they were like "oh well..."... It's one of the reasons I'm selling them on eBay.. I got fed up with all the bull... and I hate how some duelers take it WAYY TOO SERIOUSLY... like the card effects.. some of the card effects can have different attitudes to them... making you think they're supposed to do or prevent one thing, when they're doing or preventing another thing from happening... It just got totally crazy...

That's all I ever played these card games for. I am a tournament player. the only reason I would ever play anyone for fun, was to stay in practice my deck for the tournaments.

lol! i used to be a card shark i used to take people deck's o well they should of never accepted the challenge. It became popular after the episode with the "rare" hunters duelist that hunt for rare cards in the anime. After that everyone in school wanted to be just like them.

I used to play for really rare cards all the time at the tourneys. That's how I got all three tournament pack needle worms...lol

(click to show/hide)

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2010, 01:09:19 AM »
I want to see your card list now...

(really)

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2010, 01:16:50 AM »
What's crazier is when YGO was first released, how instantly it got banned from schools because there were "Card Sharks". People would challenge other people to duels, and winners got to keep the other players cards. You kow, Like they did in the anime  o.O#. Seriously, why would you even accept a challenge like that?
Me and my friends had those type of duels sometimes.. but it was just for a few cards... never for an entire deck.

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2010, 11:14:31 AM »
Yeah...the 15 cards limit in the fusion deck(now called Extra deck) was to introduce the synchro summon mechanic to the game,which has changed the way many decks were played.It kind of sucks,but on the other side we are able to have our main,side and extra deck in a single deck box  ;*))

On one point,YGO keeps all the cards released available,while limiting or even banning cards that produce too much of an advantage.Magic makes set rotation and forces you to buy the new stuff in order to being able to play

And in all honesty,KDE has only banned cards that were literally killing the game(the lastest offender was a synchro monster ironically,[lmgt]Dark Strike Fighter[/lmgt].With two of those attacking directly and activating their effects,you win the game dealing 8000 dmg to lp)

Cards can come and go from the list,the best example of this are chaos sorcerer and Breaker,Magical warrior.Banned a long time ago,now you can run 2 and 3 of each in your deck.But it's still KDE's fault for failing at playtesting and card design when releasing broken stuff like DSF or overnerfing certain effects

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2010, 11:22:38 AM »
 :o Breeeeeeeeeeeaker the magical warrior. You can run 3 now? OMG! He was always a favorite of mine. I had a bad @$$ magician deck, it just couldn't hang with chaos. It was so close to consistently beating it. But my chaos deck was always just a tad faster. I always wanted to just win a shonen jump with a  magician deck. It would have been rough.

I want to see your card list now...

(really)

Are you talking to me?

(click to show/hide)

Offline Epicsmith93

• Aku wa yarusan!
  • Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2010, 11:23:23 AM »
From time to time, I played YGO expert, which is a cool game made by everyday normal people, anyways. It was a online game and I made a deck revolving around the DSF. There were cards that Mine Tokens. They were level 10's and when they left the field, your opponent lost 800 life points. So waht I would do is make 2 or 3 mine tokens, get DSF on the field, and deal about 8000 points 'o' damage on the spot. I enetered a tourney with this deck, but literally, 2 minuets before it started, the admins left a global message to all players saying they couldn't use it. To bad for me entering the tourney a min after that  :D. So I won that tourney, then got banned for using a illegal card that I didn't know was illegal at the time.  :-??  

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2010, 12:21:09 PM »
lol,that Anime card that gave the mine tokens was pretty broken for a DSF themed deck   o.O#
Why they decided to make it into that online game,i don't really know

@DT:yeah,winning a shonen with a pure spellcaster/magician deck would be a tough spot,specially with stuff like Lightsworn spreading like a plague now that are much cheaper than before(all 3 big money cards-Judgment Dragon,Honest and Charge of the Light Brigade- were reprinted and became easier to obtain)

You also said you won a jump,what was the SJCS card you were given by winning the event?do you still have it or did you sell it?

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar