collapse

Author Topic: Release Party: Rhino  (Read 13692 times)

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
Re: Release Party: Rhino
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2009, 12:40:49 PM »
sry zarro, but he is my new favorite punch bag.

^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Shamless Self promotion  ;*))

Dude , that Spidey rocks !

You don't even need the weapon, since the hand of soddom are almost grabbing the body of the opponent, just need few changes and will be a awesome hit for Rhino

Here is a example

I hope you can understand me better.  :P

I think this is actually really cool  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline Skeletor-EX

• Artist, Musician, Video producer.
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:August 22, 2014, 10:21:32 PM
  • The truth HELPS! Not hurts... LISTEN!!
    • Skeletor-EX Mugen Youtube video channel...
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2009, 01:55:23 PM »
that actually sounds pretty decent.

This would be awesome!! I totally think it should be done...

Offline SPOOKY77

• CVGUnited.com Admin
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:May 17, 2011, 11:58:08 AM
    • CVG United
« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2009, 02:58:34 PM »
Sry Im so late man.....CONGRATS  =D>  ;D

Fantastic release

Offline Omega Krauser

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 04, 2011, 08:06:18 PM
« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2009, 05:37:53 PM »
It's uh.. Still the 17th somewhere, right.? RIGHT.? Yea, I thought so. ;*))

(An update of this pic for the DCvM screenpack is in the character folder, updated and ready to go into the char.)

Well, here comes the BETA of Rhino. Not gonna give a percentage as I'm not sure how far in he really is, but there's still a hell of a lot more that's going to be added into him. A lot of it already sprited, just didn't have the time to add the stuff in AND make it into the IMT Release Party. So, I choose to share this with the public and just update him with all the extra goodies not too far down the line.

Well, enough talk, take a look at how far along he is at the moment. :)

First vid of him done, and as I said, soon after I made the first vid he'd probably get a beta release. Well, here it is.

EoH Rhino

Permanent Link: Download RHINO! CLICK HERE!!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/y5vwr3
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZO15VT9M

And here's Rhino's stage (unfinished) I made a good while back. Will probably get completely re-made though a little later on.

Rhino's Rampage

Permanent Link: Download RHINO'S RAMPAGE STAGE! CLICK HERE!!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/j67ho4
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MICOUC1E

Last, but definitely not least, check the "ReadMe" for what he has so far, what's yet to come, and thanks to all the people that made this char possible so far. Especially my main men, the coder to Rhino, MGMurrow and the guy doing the vocals, ShockDingo. These guys deserve a round of applause for everything they've done. =D>

ENJOY.! :w00t:

EDIT: Forgot to mention, he only has one intro and one win pose so far coded in. Sorry, kiddos, but more stuff's a comin'. :thumbsup:
Good contribution. Batzarro I was hoping to launch this char and that's good that you get the portrait of Marvel Vs Dc Because I use this screenpack but you forgot to do the mini portrait that looks very good but no matter the released
Sorry for my bad English use the Google Tracutor XD

Offline Darkmanx_429

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 31, 2020, 04:33:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: May 19, 2009, 05:50:56 PM »
Geez, so many great releases and all bout the same time!  How do you guys find all the time?

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2009, 06:09:03 PM »
Time management, love of the game, ignoring the haters and embracing the helpful, most of all, team work.

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 26, 2024, 02:34:14 PM
« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2009, 06:22:57 PM »
This is definitely a beta. However, it shows INSANE promise. Aside from more moves, the only problems I see are lack of voices (which you said are coming) and that he still has that freaking random yellow ring when he's knocked down in the corner, same as Punisher.

Pisses me off to no end <_<

Thanks, but I'm not exactly sure what you mean about the yellow ring. Mind showing some pic of it.?

You don't even need the weapon, since the hand of soddom are almost grabbing the body of the opponent, just need few changes and will be a awesome hit for Rhino

Here is a example

That actually does sound pretty great. Was thinking you meant he would use his horn the whole time he did that, but glad you showed me what you meant. Was looking for another new special or two and another grab was desired. It re-uses sprites that are already there with a few added ones to make a whole new move. Think this move has a lot of potential and probably will get done. :)

Thanks.! :thumbsup:

Geez, so many great releases and all bout the same time!  How do you guys find all the time?
Aside from what Acey said, there's three things that help me to make a WIP come to life.

1) Make a whole list of what you want the char to have and just general ideas. This really helps from just making sprites that have no real direction towards anything the char will use.

2) After getting a good amount of sprites done, copy significant pieces (like the head, symbols, or things of that nature) on to a blank sheet. If you've done a lot of sprites, you should most likely have everything you need to copy/paste the harder parts. Though, you'll always run into a few sprites that you do need whole new pieces for. :)

3) Working through the night. Though, that can come back to bite you in the @ss and then you're too tired to work on anything the next day. :D

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Snakebyte

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 26, 2021, 09:56:15 PM
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2009, 08:27:50 PM »
The sprites in group 6777.

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2009, 09:21:48 PM »

Here is a example

I think he should end this either with a powerbomb like slam that bounces the enemy away, or he should just toss them afterwards.

Offline InsanEvil

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 11, 2015, 06:50:44 PM
« Reply #84 on: May 19, 2009, 10:15:28 PM »

That actually does sound pretty great. Was thinking you meant he would use his horn the whole time he did that, but glad you showed me what you meant. Was looking for another new special or two and another grab was desired. It re-uses sprites that are already there with a few added ones to make a whole new move. Think this move has a lot of potential and probably will get done. :)

I'm glad that you like the idea  :thumbsup:

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 19, 2016, 06:01:36 PM
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: May 20, 2009, 12:18:44 AM »
tested him. no complaints in my area whatsoever. i like how you kept his theme in his character design meaning he does what he is supposed to do

SIG BY AKEME & ROSALINA BY LG

Offline atomicbuster

• Contributor
  • Last Login:June 17, 2016, 01:08:45 PM
  • Sanguif es el jefe aqui!
« Reply #86 on: May 20, 2009, 04:39:03 AM »
Wow. And I really thought this was gonna suck. Wrong!
Althought the char feels very basic (no taunt/throw), the foundations for a great char have been firmly laid down. For that, you get a  :thumbsup:
His specials are nice. I think you did a decent job rearranging his mostly-Zangief attacks. Keep up the good work.

Offline Near

• Contributor
  • Last Login:June 01, 2018, 09:00:45 AM
« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2009, 08:55:56 AM »

Thanks.! :thumbsup:
Aside from what Acey said, there's three things that help me to make a WIP come to life.

1) Make a whole list of what you want the char to have and just general ideas. This really helps from just making sprites that have no real direction towards anything the char will use.

2) After getting a good amount of sprites done, copy significant pieces (like the head, symbols, or things of that nature) on to a blank sheet. If you've done a lot of sprites, you should most likely have everything you need to copy/paste the harder parts. Though, you'll always run into a few sprites that you do need whole new pieces for. :)

3) Working through the night. Though, that can come back to bite you in the @ss and then you're too tired to work on anything the next day. :D

i perfectly quote u, last night i was go too bed at the 5 in the morning, lol
Sorry for my poor english but i'm italian... :P

Offline tremainekr

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:August 17, 2021, 03:04:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: May 20, 2009, 09:29:15 PM »
y not have rhino have a tricky fight style..like maki,kong cyclopes, or el furte from street

fighter 4..where he runs toward opponent with qcf a punch button he do a running horn

headbutt or a kick button he will do a running slam into the wall on the side of the screen.

its a nice move because of the run sprites look alike and you dont know if its the

headbutt or the slam coming it would be a fustrating a.i. to fight against. 

a good hyper would be..if he connects with the opponent with a sliding grab then holds

them with one hand ..stomp the ground once a stone slab comes out the ground (i think

kong has some rock sprites in his thanos sprites) and he punches opponet into the wall.

the wall leaves a shadow mark of the EOH character (just a single EOH character sprite

shadowed) if thats too much work...or just a regular body print like the old street fighter

2 games. its called the tombstone punch its a move from the ben 10 game on psp
Your sig is way too big - Admin

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: May 20, 2009, 10:26:11 PM »
WIll he have special intros for Deadpool and Dazzeler?

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2009, 11:37:32 PM »
The sprites in group 6777.

Alright, I know what you mean now. Someone else mentioned it as well and will be addressed. :)

Wow. And I really thought this was gonna suck. Wrong!
Althought the char feels very basic (no taunt/throw), the foundations for a great char have been firmly laid down. For that, you get a  :thumbsup:
His specials are nice. I think you did a decent job rearranging his mostly-Zangief attacks. Keep up the good work.

Thanks, I'm glad you were wrong. :P

And yea, pretty basic atm, but there is so much more to come. Most of it sprited already just need some time to code. When MG does his magic with coding, this Rhino will truly rule some major @ss.! :w00t:

y not have rhino have a tricky fight style..like maki,kong cyclopes, or el furte from street

fighter 4..where he runs toward opponent with qcf a punch button he do a running horn

headbutt or a kick button he will do a running slam into the wall on the side of the screen.

its a nice move because of the run sprites look alike and you dont know if its the

headbutt or the slam coming it would be a fustrating a.i. to fight against. 

a good hyper would be..if he connects with the opponent with a sliding grab then holds

them with one hand ..stomp the ground once a stone slab comes out the ground (i think

kong has some rock sprites in his thanos sprites) and he punches opponet into the wall.

the wall leaves a shadow mark of the EOH character (just a single EOH character sprite

shadowed) if thats too much work...or just a regular body print like the old street fighter

2 games. its called the tombstone punch its a move from the ben 10 game on psp

For your first suggestion, I actually have that type of move planned for someone else.

For the second suggestion, I think seeing a move like that would almost seem like he controls rock/earth. So, I'm not really feeling that idea, but thanks for trying. :)

WIll he have special intros for Deadpool and Dazzeler?
Hoping to, yea. Along with a few other people as well. :thumbsup:

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Hizzpanic87

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 09, 2010, 09:15:16 PM
« Reply #91 on: May 21, 2009, 12:40:42 AM »
Wow I haven't been on IMT for a long time and this is definitely a great great surprise considering how well done he is your awesome i didn't even know he was a WIP maybe Ive been gone too long.I friggin miss how awesome all you creators are  ^:)^  bravo  =D>

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
« Reply #92 on: May 21, 2009, 01:25:46 AM »
IMO

change the sounds for the walk, different strength hits, blocked hits and the motion sound of physical attacks. Rhino sounds kinda like Punisher. Always thought the IMT sounds were kinda soft for attacks
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline Blacksaiyen

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 14, 2012, 10:29:36 AM
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: May 21, 2009, 07:06:06 AM »
+ The heavy breath when Rhino's just standing is a 'plus'.
+ The voice is cool

- HK.... You should change it it doesn't fit at all ; it's like the character's dancing French Cancan ; not so sure about it (tested yesterday), but he may be able to perform it way too fast (the delay between 2 HK isn't long enough).
- The police car sprites (the same than the Punisher's ones) are plain. It seems, that they've been ripped from Streets of Rage and just put here... it's probably the real challenge to make Rhino's worth the shot : drawing a car which would fit the MvC style (Not that easy, I agree) ;

Offline KudosForce

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 18, 2011, 07:01:38 PM
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: May 21, 2009, 08:14:28 AM »
- The police car sprites (the same than the Punisher's ones) are plain. It seems, that they've been ripped from Streets of Rage and just put here... it's probably the real challenge to make Rhino's worth the shot : drawing a car which would fit the MvC style (Not that easy, I agree) ;

He may need some assistance in that area. I'm sure there's plenty of talented people here that can help him with that, though. ;)
Mission complete!

-Rolento

92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature

Offline Blacksaiyen

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 14, 2012, 10:29:36 AM
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: May 21, 2009, 01:57:12 PM »
Yeah sure, Kudos, it's not an easy task, and there's no reason to feel ashamed by asking for some outside help.
Batzarro, please take your time, you needn't rush your next release, it's still better to wait for something, which reflects your serious involvement, than something, which looks like you've just put hundreds of awful sprites inside to balance the lack of quality.

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 19, 2016, 06:01:36 PM
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: May 21, 2009, 02:13:51 PM »
will you give him breathing from his crouching stance? just asking.

SIG BY AKEME & ROSALINA BY LG

Offline Skeletor-EX

• Artist, Musician, Video producer.
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:August 22, 2014, 10:21:32 PM
  • The truth HELPS! Not hurts... LISTEN!!
    • Skeletor-EX Mugen Youtube video channel...
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: May 21, 2009, 04:25:56 PM »
Rhino is OFF THE HOOK!! :o This is probably THEE smoothest beta character I've ever played with! His combo ability is INSANE for a guy of his size. I had no idea that anyone would have even thought of making this guy, but I'm truly thankful you have...

[GAME PLAY]
Smooth as my girls nice soft backside!! In other words... Very very AWESOME!! Nuff said on that...

[BASICS]
His basic attacks are based from Zangief, but who cares??? They look pretty good to me. He chain combos very well, and in true MVC fashion. He's not as fast as most MVC fighters, but he shouldn't be. He's HUGE! But believe me... This does not stop him from kick the hell out of other characters a$$'es! Complete with launcher, followed by my favorite thing ever... Aerial combos. Great job... Seriously!

[SPECIALS]
The running charge is very effective and reminds me so much of those old school Spiderman episodes. The gore and toss special is an awesome way to end off a combo, and comes in really when you're backed in a corner. The jumping knee drop can be done on the ground as well as in the air, and can also be added to combos. Just freakin sick...! I can't wait to see what else you have in store for this guy...!

[SUPERS]
Well, he only has one! It's cool, but I find myself beating the crap of my opponents with basics and special so much, I don't think to use it. I can't really comment on this yet. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what he gets. Personally, I like the idea of the Sodom throw. Pushing them on ground through crackling concrete. Just seems awesome to even think about. I say DO IT!!

[PROBLEMS]
After doing the Knee drop, if you get hit while doing it, he can then walk on air! lol... Doesn't take away from the fun you'll have with him, but needs to be corrected... Nothing else found as of yet...

[OVERALL]
I like this guy! He looks to be very promising. If he kicks a$$ now as a beta, imagine the damage he'll cause when he's done! Worth the DL now if you ask me, but some may want to wait till he's complete, or at least updated. Besides the one little problem I found, he's nicely done, and it was about time... Thumbs up soldier! Great job so far...!  :thumbsup:  =D>

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #98 on: May 21, 2009, 06:27:47 PM »
IMO

change the sounds for the walk, different strength hits, blocked hits and the motion sound of physical attacks. Rhino sounds kinda like Punisher. Always thought the IMT sounds were kinda soft for attacks

Rhino will have his own set of get hit/attack sounds, I think they just haven't been put in yet. Didn't notice anything wrong with the walk/block sounds. Though, I'm sure a heavier sounding walk would sound better if the default one is still in.

+ The heavy breath when Rhino's just standing is a 'plus'.
+ The voice is cool

- HK.... You should change it it doesn't fit at all ; it's like the character's dancing French Cancan ; not so sure about it (tested yesterday), but he may be able to perform it way too fast (the delay between 2 HK isn't long enough).

I rather like the standing HK, though I think what might look off is the placement of his leg planted on the ground. Will see if I can make that look any better.

As for the cop car sprite, it was borrowed from Wucash's Ghost Rider (w/permission). I did change it up a bit from his, but I might just use his original one as a lay out and completely remake it myself. Giving it more MvC graphics and more definite lines.

will you give him breathing from his crouching stance? just asking.

Yea, his crouch will be animated. Just didn't get to it this time around. :)

Rhino is OFF THE HOOK!! :o This is probably THEE smoothest beta character I've ever played with! His combo ability is INSANE for a guy of his size. I had no idea that anyone would have even thought of making this guy, but I'm truly thankful you have...

[GAME PLAY]
Smooth as my girls nice soft backside!! In other words... Very very AWESOME!! Nuff said on that...

[BASICS]
His basic attacks are based from Zangief, but who cares??? They look pretty good to me. He chain combos very well, and in true MVC fashion. He's not as fast as most MVC fighters, but he shouldn't be. He's HUGE! But believe me... This does not stop him from kick the hell out of other characters a$$'es! Complete with launcher, followed by my favorite thing ever... Aerial combos. Great job... Seriously!

[SPECIALS]
The running charge is very effective and reminds me so much of those old school Spiderman episodes. The gore and toss special is an awesome way to end off a combo, and comes in really when you're backed in a corner. The jumping knee drop can be done on the ground as well as in the air, and can also be added to combos. Just freakin sick...! I can't wait to see what else you have in store for this guy...!

[SUPERS]
Well, he only has one! It's cool, but I find myself beating the crap of my opponents with basics and special so much, I don't think to use it. I can't really comment on this yet. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what he gets. Personally, I like the idea of the Sodom throw. Pushing them on ground through crackling concrete. Just seems awesome to even think about. I say DO IT!!

[PROBLEMS]
After doing the Knee drop, if you get hit while doing it, he can then walk on air! lol... Doesn't take away from the fun you'll have with him, but needs to be corrected... Nothing else found as of yet...

[OVERALL]
I like this guy! He looks to be very promising. If he kicks a$$ now as a beta, imagine the damage he'll cause when he's done! Worth the DL now if you ask me, but some may want to wait till he's complete, or at least updated. Besides the one little problem I found, he's nicely done, and it was about time... Thumbs up soldier! Great job so far...!  :thumbsup:  =D>

Glad you're enjoying him. You can thank MG for most all you mentioned, aside from your girl's smooth backside.. I highly doubt you can thank MG for that. :D

The bug you mentioned has been brought up and will be fixed. :)

(click to show/hide)

Offline tremainekr

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:August 17, 2021, 03:04:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: May 21, 2009, 06:42:19 PM »
   didnt test it..if he does his hyper, can cyclopes or ryu stop his hyper if he is hit with a

fire ball or beam hypers..if so..what about a second hyper where he does a super diving

headbutt where during his hyper portrait he slides his right foot back twice and smoke comes

out his nose like a bull and it cant be stopped like the juggernaunt headcrush hyper.

.or where he rapidly runs with shoulder charges right to left  on and off the screen..juggling the

opponet in one spot  while in the air.

.he has a football fighting style

by the way please dont change the combo system i love it. =D>
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 10:35:45 PM by tremainekr »
Your sig is way too big - Admin

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[Today at 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar