collapse

Author Topic: The 15 Days of Chinese New Year - (The Unlimited)  (Read 8342 times)

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
Re: The 15 Days of Chinese New Year - (The Unlimited)
« Reply #100 on: February 08, 2009, 03:21:05 PM »
If that portrait making vid was considered day 14 release ( I don't know they didn't list it as anything ) Then we have one day . If not then there are still 2 days left .

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline JackDodger

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 20, 2009, 04:04:55 PM
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: February 08, 2009, 04:54:35 PM »
I think the portrait tutorial was 13th day, leaving today for a 14th, and tomorrow for the 15th.

While I think all the stages released were great, I don't think anyone should get their hopes up.  No expectations, no disappointments.

Offline x_mad80

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 25, 2014, 11:28:52 PM
    • xmad's mugen crap!
« Reply #102 on: February 08, 2009, 07:35:19 PM »
still would be cool if the released a char though. but if they dont i'm fine with that to.  :thumbsup:

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 03, 2024, 04:36:18 PM
    • Excursion's Corner
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: February 08, 2009, 07:44:53 PM »
The way I see it, The Unlimited is contributing. It is wasn't for individuals like them that band together to do/create things to keep this MUGEN engine going with new content then we would be in a far off worse situation with no fan fare at all.

The Unlimited: I am linking your site to the top of our forum... right next to Club Syn  :thumbsup:

Offline Bud the C.H.U.D.

• Initiate
  • Last Login:February 09, 2010, 07:44:32 PM
  • Troll 2, anyone?
« Reply #104 on: February 09, 2009, 12:10:44 AM »
Yes, there are two more days to go.

Remember difference in timezones, so what may be tomorrow for you might still be today for them. If you catch my drift.

Anyways, its been a cool treat to the community. And there's still some more to go.

Offline Weapon x program

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 16, 2015, 12:38:11 PM
  • welcome
« Reply #105 on: February 09, 2009, 01:26:22 AM »
wow, the release was how to make portraits? this one sucks, everyday someone shows how to do something like this in the mugen tutorials sections.
I have been really happy when thiS thread started out, but we only got stages so far, and not "wucash" stages  :-?? , so now i m very disappointed. I hope to see two characters in the final, and two finished . Because 15 days without chars is just a normal week on infinity forum. Maybe you should have called this thread the unlimited release stages party.   /:O

Offline warecus

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 22, 2023, 01:28:41 AM
« Reply #106 on: February 09, 2009, 01:55:07 AM »
excuse me as I get my chuckle on.  ha ha ha

speak on brother todd

Offline warecus

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 22, 2023, 01:28:41 AM
« Reply #107 on: February 09, 2009, 02:05:59 AM »
Greetings, all. Glad you're enjoying our event so far. Now, some of you might be groaning at the idea of getting another stage today - but this one, at least, obviously belongs to a certain character. Enjoy it now and stick around for the rest of the event - if you think that we're all talk and stages... then the joke's on you!

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #108 on: February 09, 2009, 03:20:40 AM »
Greetings, all. Glad you're enjoying our event so far. Now, some of you might be groaning at the idea of getting another stage today - but this one, at least, obviously belongs to a certain character. Enjoy it now and stick around for the rest of the event - if you think that we're all talk and stages... then the joke's on you!

So the Joker is the last release then .

(click to show/hide)

Offline Laxxe23

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:September 06, 2021, 03:10:10 PM
« Reply #109 on: February 09, 2009, 04:48:57 AM »
So the Joker is the last release then .

shhh dont ruin it for the others lol

Offline A New Challenger

• The Unlimited
  • Last Login:March 07, 2013, 01:24:44 PM
    • The Unlimited
    • Email
« Reply #110 on: February 09, 2009, 05:02:49 AM »
Goody, the jeering has already started. Here's the deal:

Originally, we wanted to release both a beta of one character, and a full on 1.0 of another. The beta was a Marvel character, the 1.0 a very-much anticipated DC. I won't be saying any more on the matter of who was which. One of them will be featured prominently in the video, albeit in one of his earlier builds.

There was originally a very different plan. It called for 12 stages, 2 characters and a video, all of which were on track. This was before losing a few team members to real life concerns - some as innocuous as ill-timed vacations or personal projects... others as serious as finding long-lost parents, and hospitalization. One way or another, every time we gained momentum life took us two steps back. We've not had an easy time of making even so little as we did, these past few months. The reason I was so on edge about making stages last week? I didn't expect to have to.

The most recent incident, one of said hospitalizations, came when one of our team members attempted to stay awake to crunch out some sprites and wound up in the ER after an anxiety attack. That was game over.

We hope you enjoy the stages, and that what little we've offered here has put us on the radar for 2009. I'm sorry if you're disappointed - but at this point, we don't care what you call us; what our reputation ends up being. We've been through a lot lately, and as a team we'll come out of it stronger.

As for the stages not being "Wucash level" there's a very simple explanation - we're not as good as Wucash. We're a team of sprite editors and character creators. Wucash, unlike myself, is a Jack of All trades skillwise. Much of what I do know about stages comes from my working relationship with him. Unfortunately, he was unavailable to help with these stages outside of providing me with the searchlight effects and base code for GCPD Rooftop. All the same, when the time comes to present them in a polished format (RE: a full game) he will be helping us spruce things up here and there.

Frankly, I'm proud of what we managed to do in things like plausibly extended Jojo bases to allow for superjump, and creating comic-accurate atmospheres throughout. Likewise, we also recognize that there will always be room for improvement. An example is our screenpack, which suggested by some as a potential release - after some of the amazing things being done in high-res, stuff like CvSW? I'll be ground-upping ours again. The one in the old screenshots will never be seeing the light of day.

In a few days, we'll be releasing a trailer of a few of the characters that we were working on that didn't quite make deadline. This includes a number of personal projects, in addition to a few things that have gone unannounced entirely or have received face lifts in secret. Hopefully, all will see release over 2009. The trailer will be featuring... off the top of my head I want to say... 8 or so characters currently in various stages of completion.

To those of you bitching about what you didn't get, think about how it feels for us to have not met our personal goals. We're not making things for you; we're just as upset that we didn't get them either.

To those who did, especially the moderation team here at Infinity, thanks for supporting the event. We really appreciate it.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 05:24:57 AM by A New Challenger »

我的名字是軍隊,為了我們是許多。

Offline Superjoker

• Infinity Sprite Artist
  • Last Login:November 11, 2019, 10:01:54 PM
« Reply #111 on: February 09, 2009, 07:45:20 AM »

and thank you for sharin

:thumbsup:

u dont gotta give nobody no xplanations mate

cant wait 2 c ur wips in action

%%-

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: February 09, 2009, 09:46:29 AM »
We'll Im looking forward to the video just to see some of the characters in action.

Offline Kojunho

• Scruffy squire and an
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 08, 2021, 07:27:27 PM
  • Yeah, I'm backs.
    • Email
« Reply #113 on: February 09, 2009, 10:21:45 AM »
Go Superboy Prime!
Go Jason Todd!
Go Tim Drake!
-.-

Offline Beto

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 08:25:49 PM
  • Action!!
    • My Youtube page
    • Email
« Reply #114 on: February 09, 2009, 11:02:02 AM »
I found at least 1 would be launched, it is a shame ... :'(

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #115 on: February 09, 2009, 11:46:25 AM »
one of our team members attempted to stay awake to crunch out some sprites and wound up in the ER after an anxiety attack. That was game over.

My condolences, this is when Mugen goes wrong. I sincerly hope he's doing much better now.

but at this point, we don't care what you call us; what our reputation ends up being. We've been through a lot lately, and as a team we'll come out of it stronger...

...Frankly, I'm proud of what we managed to do in things like plausibly extended Jojo bases to allow for superjump, and creating comic-accurate atmospheres throughout. Likewise, we also recognize that there will always be room for improvement.

That's just really cool and it's why in my book you are all a success. The Unlimited will be with us for a long time to come.

As for the stages not being "Wucash level" there's a very simple explanation - we're not as good as Wucash.

Who is? No one has made capcom style stages like Wucash until Wucash came long and made them. I'm proud of the stages I made too but they are not even close to Wucash level.

And to those complaining about not getting any Unlimited characters yet... I understand your disapointemnt becasue we all want to play some great new Unlimited characters, but let's show some tact and let the Unlimited do their thing. At least the shared this much with us all so far.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #116 on: February 09, 2009, 01:45:59 PM »
The most recent incident, one of said hospitalizations, came when one of our team members attempted to stay awake to crunch out some sprites and wound up in the ER after an anxiety attack. That was game over.

If this is a true story , that's insane . Seems like you guys are taking mugen way too seriously that one of you put yourself in the hospital . I realize you have no appreciation for my work , but I did the same thing with my first character . I stayed up 2 days straight to finish him . I was so run down , I got sick . I didn't have to be hospitalized or anything . But I know the feeling . So I hope the guy/girl gets well .     

As for the stages not being "Wucash level" there's a very simple explanation - we're not as good as Wucash. We're a team of sprite editors and character creators. Wucash, unlike myself, is a Jack of All trades skillwise. Much of what I do know about stages comes from my working relationship with him. Unfortunately, he was unavailable to help with these stages outside of providing me with the searchlight effects and base code for GCPD Rooftop. All the same, when the time comes to present them in a polished format (RE: a full game) he will be helping us spruce things up here and there.

Wucash is amazing he is on a level by himself just like Loganir . Wucash coding made Deadpool good . So I agree with you on all this . We can't all be Wucash .

I'm sorry if you're disappointed - but at this point, we don't care what you call us; what our reputation ends up being. We've been through a lot lately, and as a team we'll come out of it stronger.

I will say one thing about this since you did such a good job at running your mouth a month ago . At least you made an effort to put something out . Though it may not have been on the level that you claim your team is on , it was an effort none the less . Just think about this the next time you want to shoot your mouth off about how terrible you think Wolvenom is , or how bad you think the infinity screenpack is , etc ..... Hopefully you learned something from all this . Even a teacher can learn a lesson sometimes . 

To those of you bitching about what you didn't get, think about how it feels for us to have not met our personal goals. We're not making things for you; we're just as upset that we didn't get them either.

To those who did, especially the moderation team here at Infinity, thanks for supporting the event. We really appreciate it.

OK so I have a question ? The way this reads is that this event is concluded at 13 days , correct ? I'm not going to bite your head off if it is because " you said it would be 15 " blah , blah , blah  .

I just want to know , so I quit looking for the new releases everyday .

To conclude my statement .

Good luck to you guys in the future . I feel bad for you that all of this happened . People got themselves sick , Wucash didn't have time to help you , & you've all failed your personal goals . This all seemed like a very traumatic experience . 

(click to show/hide)

Offline Weapon x program

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 16, 2015, 12:38:11 PM
  • welcome
« Reply #117 on: February 09, 2009, 02:09:42 PM »
at least, they didn t show videos from characters that three years after we still don t have "cough" ultron "cough".  ;*))
My main problem is that i thought we were gonna have a lot of characters and not stages, this should have been written first  :-??.
And yes, i was sure that the words used in the wolvenom thread would come back. But let s forgive this part, we all are on the same side, we all want to create the missing marvel and dc characters we both love. Don t forget i can help you if you need help on any bat character. And i would be proud A new challenger and bis team members accept to be betatesters on batman beyond and wonderman before they are released.  ^^(PM)^
(if we don t forgive each other we could all come to the dark side and become: magus, the worst in the mugen universe  >:D .)

Offline mecha-gino

• Initiate
  • Last Login:September 16, 2018, 12:51:32 PM
« Reply #118 on: February 09, 2009, 02:35:12 PM »
 /:O I had no idea you guys were behind schedule because of personal problems.

I'm sorry too hear that.
I do look foward too the future releases and the video.

I just Hope Superboy prime is in the video.

Offline x_mad80

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 25, 2014, 11:28:52 PM
    • xmad's mugen crap!
« Reply #119 on: February 09, 2009, 04:12:31 PM »
i'm sorry that stuff hapend, i'm still happy with the releases you've given us so far.  :thumbsup:
i can't wait to see the vid.  and as for the chars, release them when ur ready.  :)

Offline A New Challenger

• The Unlimited
  • Last Login:March 07, 2013, 01:24:44 PM
    • The Unlimited
    • Email
« Reply #120 on: February 09, 2009, 10:48:19 PM »
I wouldn't call the experience 'traumatic' - but then I wouldn't agree with most of the backhanded snark in that post, DT. Regardless, what I wrote was true. Not my business to say who - wasn't me, but he is a friend. Discretion is a valuable commodity.

All the same, while the current mugen climate demands that a team release 2 characters, 3 betas and a dozen "What's the point of releasing this character with like 5 animations" alphas each year to be recognized, it wasn't always that way.

I think we're mugen's dinosaurs, in the way that I remember MvDC's first years, many many years ago - back when all they had where a few concept sprites, Erradicator's MSH characters and then later, Hannibal's Superman and Magus' Batman. Nothing to rave about - and yet they kept at it, and they amassed support. They grew, and continue to grow. DCvM wasn't built in a year.

We're building. And we'll get there yet.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 10:53:33 PM by A New Challenger »

我的名字是軍隊,為了我們是許多。

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #121 on: February 09, 2009, 11:34:41 PM »
I was actually being sincere about everything I said . I didn't sugarcoat about the stupidity you pulled a month ago , but I was trying to be understanding about what your team went through .

Can't even be nice to this guy  :-??

(click to show/hide)

Offline Superjoker

• Infinity Sprite Artist
  • Last Login:November 11, 2019, 10:01:54 PM
« Reply #122 on: February 10, 2009, 12:34:14 AM »

@ DT- a great man once said

"the past, the past, your living in the past man, quit living in the past"

@ ANC -

do ur chars have a project they fit in?

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #123 on: February 10, 2009, 01:54:07 AM »
I was actually being sincere about everything I said . I didn't sugarcoat about the stupidity you pulled a month ago , but I was trying to be understanding about what your team went through .

Can't even be nice to this guy  :-??

Actually you post did sound "backhanded", so much that I actually almost removed it from the thread until I decided that Jason Todds comments were a good counter balance to it.  :-??

A little more off topic: Regarding Mugen as a whole, there is the SD team, the Unlimited, the IMT, and a few others who are worth mentioning too, each create at their own pace and I have respect for anyone who gives their time to attempting Mugen creating (more so for those who succeede.) With that said, the SD team started off 6 years ago (2003) with less resources than we have now-a-days (technology, quantity of quality spriters and programmers) and they were the pioneers that really made mass customization of mugen characters something we all decided to strive for. They have an excuse for a slow start since they were building the ground we stand on today. Years later (late 2006) when Infinity started we hit the ground running and were able to draw on all the experience of the past to achieve swift results with great sprites and programming. Despite whatever propoganda one may follow in this day and age, what Infinity has accomplished is nothing short of spectacular. More recently the Unlimited was formed (late 2007) out of many of the community's well known spriters and creators, again built upon the experience of the past and only an idiot would doubt what this team is capable of. As for today, I don't think it's about who has the best Batman, it should be about a real community of the best custom spriters in Mugen, coexisting and encouraging each other to achieve something that no single one of us would be able to achieve alone.

Yeah, there are people out there releasing very inadequate creations, there will probably never be an end to those, but look at it this way, just because someone can't draw as well as I can doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed to draw, it's the only way one would improve.

Offline Kojunho

• Scruffy squire and an
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 08, 2021, 07:27:27 PM
  • Yeah, I'm backs.
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: February 10, 2009, 07:32:45 AM »
O_O
I think I love you Acey  :P lol
But in all seriousness  =D> on that well-versed speech. Bravo.
-.-

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar