collapse

Author Topic: The Dark Knight: Official Thread!  (Read 2490 times)

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
Re: The Dark Knight: Official Thread!
« Reply #75 on: July 25, 2008, 10:45:52 AM »
I think Bale was the perfect Batman . When he put on the suit & deepened his voice , I bought it . I believed he is Batman . That's very convincing .

Ledger as The Joker is wher I had the problem .

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline b.easy

• Global Moderator
  • Last Login:December 01, 2022, 11:28:07 PM
« Reply #76 on: July 25, 2008, 11:03:13 AM »
Saw this movie with a few friends yesterday, and they all said the Joker felt weird. They missed Jack Nicholson, one guy said "Man, at least he was having fun, strutting and stuff. That guy used to have a gun that didn't even shoot bullets, just "BANG" on a flag. Where's that stuff? This guy was just some kind of whiny killer."

Bale as Batman was weird because he kept putting on his special "batman voice" that sounds like a poor impersonation of Solid Snake, i just wanted him to shut up.

Also, Two Face was a nice surprise, but I'm pretty sure that's not how someone looks when they get burned by diesel fuel.  /:O

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: July 25, 2008, 11:24:17 AM »
Saw this movie with a few friends yesterday, and they all said the Joker felt weird. They missed Jack Nicholson, one guy said "Man, at least he was having fun, strutting and stuff. That guy used to have a gun that didn't even shoot bullets, just "BANG" on a flag. Where's that stuff? This guy was just some kind of whiny killer."

Bale as Batman was weird because he kept putting on his special "batman voice" that sounds like a poor impersonation of Solid Snake, i just wanted him to shut up.

Also, Two Face was a nice surprise, but I'm pretty sure that's not how someone looks when they get burned by diesel fuel.  /:O

I dont miss Jack at all. While ledger might not had enough Jack in the character, Jack certainly didnt have enough Ledger in his performance either.

Jacks portrayal is one all its own, its not really a great depiction of the Joker, just a good performance from a talented actor. I never really saw insanity in his performance, just Jacks personality.

I'm pretty happy with Ledgers Joker. It only captures one side of the character, but was well done for that side of the character.

I'm not really sure the Joker would be as sophisticated at the beginning of his career as he would be later on. I could easily see Joker going from the Ledger Joker to the Joker On "The Batman Cartoon" to the Mark Hamill Joker on the the Animated series, as a progression. I think everyone forgets that this is technically Batman year 2 in the movies.

As far as Bales Batman voice, thats just the way its supposed to be. This isnt Superfriends.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #78 on: July 25, 2008, 11:46:09 AM »

Also, Two Face was a nice surprise, but I'm pretty sure that's not how someone looks when they get burned by diesel fuel. /:O

I agree with your ledger opinions . The " spirit " of the joker was not captured by ledger in my opinion . He was depressed & morbid in real life at the time of filming from what news articles say . So I don't even think he was even acting for the joker part . He was just being himself on the screen . I don't get these stars sometimes . The guy had the world by the b*llz . Yet he's depressed & pretty much kills himself . 

I still like Bale though . to quote alexziq " this is not superfriends " Best statement to sum it up .

I was pleasently surprised by Two face . When I seen shots of him before the movie I thoght I was going to hate him . But the character was very well done & the actor played him perfectly .

(click to show/hide)

Offline b.easy

• Global Moderator
  • Last Login:December 01, 2022, 11:28:07 PM
« Reply #79 on: July 25, 2008, 03:17:15 PM »
I'm not really sure the Joker would be as sophisticated at the beginning of his career as he would be later on. I could easily see Joker going from the Ledger Joker to the Joker On "The Batman Cartoon" to the Mark Hamill Joker on the the Animated series, as a progression. I think everyone forgets that this is technically Batman year 2 in the movies.

I can definitely see that, I did forget that this was supposed to be 'young' batman.

But as far as the voice, it was just one of the instances in the movie where it began to reek slightly of overracting. The same with the Joker's weird mannerisms and that lip licking thing he does.

Still, it was probably the best movie i've seen this year. It had a much bigger scope than the old movies, you really felt like the city was infested with crime instead of just being terrorized by a villian-of-the-week superfriends style.

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: July 25, 2008, 04:12:40 PM »
I will say this I dont think Bale should use the growling voice all the time. When he spoke to Kattie holmes in the 1st film he was less gruff b4 she knew it was him. He should talk to gordan, and the others he knows in that tone. And save the deep voice for the criminals.

I think though you have to take it like Christopher Reeves playing a very clumsy doofey Clark Kent. Hes trying to realistically protect his secret identity by acting differant. Batman while not as far fetched as Superman is still pretty obvious since theres not many in Gotham that could realistically have the money, and motive to be Batman.

Bale felt that like Spiderman on the old 60's cartoons should change his voice as Batman. It just was more obvious in this film than it was in Begins. A minor flw to me though.

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 18, 2010, 11:11:29 PM
  • When i move throught the Ghetto i drive slow
« Reply #81 on: July 25, 2008, 04:17:02 PM »
i think the joker was perfectly played in batman
ccuz in the comics he was on another lvl of insane the joker is the #1 baddest villian of all time

and ledger did a perfect portrayal of him

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #82 on: July 25, 2008, 04:29:47 PM »

I can definitely see that, I did forget that this was supposed to be 'young' batman.

But as far as the voice, it was just one of the instances in the movie where it began to reek slightly of overracting. The same with the Joker's weird mannerisms and that lip licking thing he does.

Still, it was probably the best movie i've seen this year. It had a much bigger scope than the old movies, you really felt like the city was infested with crime instead of just being terrorized by a villian-of-the-week superfriends style.

I'm glad i'm not the only one that noticed that . That lip licking thing was just plain stupid & I don't really know why he did that .

(click to show/hide)

TomBewley

« Reply #83 on: July 25, 2008, 04:41:31 PM »
Just got back from seeing it and I thought I should give my opinions, as well as a quick visit to the forum

Spoilers Below

What I loved:
Heath as the Joker- I thought Heath played a very different Joker to what people are used to seeing. He was truly insane, although less, well jokey than other performances. And no, my opinion isn't swayed by his death unlike some people. It was a fantastic performance, but well it wasn't the Joker I know and love. He did have his moments (the magic pencil) where it felt like him, but he seemed to serious at times. But then I don't really know  :-??

Two-Face/Harvey- Aaron played this so well, it was really wonderful to see. Although I feel his time was short as Two-Face it really showed how he had fallen and why. None of this lets flip the coin until we get the result we want (Damn you Batman Forever)

Alfred- Got to love Michael in this film. He played an actual character rather than just a stiff old butler. He brought Alfred to life.

I did think it tried to fit too much into one film. Two Face should have been in the next film along with Joker (I mean they didn't kill Joker off and he did say him and Batman would be fighting forever, they obviously wanted to bring him back).

And they killed Rachel off! Hmmm, new love interest in the next film perhaps, a female villain? Harley to carry on the Joker's work? Catwoman as that on and off love fling?

I did love the film very much, although the hype was way too much due to Heath's death. I don't know why but the film I think lacked something. Maybe it's just me  :-??

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: July 25, 2008, 05:53:44 PM »
Just got back from seeing it and I thought I should give my opinions, as well as a quick visit to the forum

Spoilers Below

What I loved:
Heath as the Joker- I thought Heath played a very different Joker to what people are used to seeing. He was truly insane, although less, well jokey than other performances. And no, my opinion isn't swayed by his death unlike some people. It was a fantastic performance, but well it wasn't the Joker I know and love. He did have his moments (the magic pencil) where it felt like him, but he seemed to serious at times. But then I don't really know  :-??

Two-Face/Harvey- Aaron played this so well, it was really wonderful to see. Although I feel his time was short as Two-Face it really showed how he had fallen and why. None of this lets flip the coin until we get the result we want (Damn you Batman Forever)

Alfred- Got to love Michael in this film. He played an actual character rather than just a stiff old butler. He brought Alfred to life.

I did think it tried to fit too much into one film. Two Face should have been in the next film along with Joker (I mean they didn't kill Joker off and he did say him and Batman would be fighting forever, they obviously wanted to bring him back).

And they killed Rachel off! Hmmm, new love interest in the next film perhaps, a female villain? Harley to carry on the Joker's work? Catwoman as that on and off love fling?

I did love the film very much, although the hype was way too much due to Heath's death. I don't know why but the film I think lacked something. Maybe it's just me  :-??

I don't think they tried to fit too much into the film. I feel this is how a sequel to an origins movie should be. I'm just sick of seeing the same old movies, where there's some story throughout most of the movie and then there's just one main fight scene at the end. So many movies fall under this category
All of the spiderman films, all of the xmen films, pretty much all marvel films.

This was different though, it has plot and action perfectly at the right times. Not too much, not too little. I'm ok with it though when it's an origins film, because directors have to give a character enough time to grow into the hero he becomes, but when it's sequel is pretty much the same, it's rather lame.

I think Bane would make a good villain because I just got finished reading a Batman comic, basically he blew out a wall in Arkham Asylum, freed all the the inmates, and the Joker was trying to kill the one guy who I guess owned the Asylum, and it was pretty similar to the movie. He held the guy with a wire strapped under his chin and connected to the trigger of a shotgun so if Mr.Arkham goes off his feet, well you get the idea. After enough taunting, the Joker had left him and Batman saved Mr.Arkham, but it was too late because he had already gone insane.

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:August 21, 2016, 08:15:31 AM
  • Get the hell out of my way!
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2008, 01:03:37 AM »
I got back from watching the film....not to bad. I mean I was expecting a tad more from it, but I didn't leave disappointed either. Harvey Dent was really good in the film. Joker........I liked him, it was a different take and it was a good different take. Award winning....no, if Jack didn't win a award for it I don't think Heath should. I liked Jack's Joker alittle more.  In films, I believe actors who do popular characters IMO should put some of their own self into the character without losing who and what the character is. I think again Heath did a good job with the Joker, while being different and added his own style to him. I like how they went with Batman being public enemy no.1 at the end so that was neat. Bale's Batman is good. I think he is the best Batman to date...except his voice as Batman. He sounds like he has lung cancer. I mean gruff is ok. Snake has a gruff voice which was good. Superfriends....how about the animated Batman of the 90s and 2000s outside of course "The Batman" cartoon. Kevin Conroy did his voice perfectly. It wasn't gruff or anything cause it doesn't need to be.

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: July 26, 2008, 02:14:04 AM »
I got back from watching the film....not to bad. I mean I was expecting a tad more from it, but I didn't leave disappointed either. Harvey Dent was really good in the film. Joker........I liked him, it was a different take and it was a good different take. Award winning....no, if Jack didn't win a award for it I don't think Heath should. I liked Jack's Joker alittle more.  In films, I believe actors who do popular characters IMO should put some of their own self into the character without losing who and what the character is. I think again Heath did a good job with the Joker, while being different and added his own style to him. I like how they went with Batman being public enemy no.1 at the end so that was neat. Bale's Batman is good. I think he is the best Batman to date...except his voice as Batman. He sounds like he has lung cancer. I mean gruff is ok. Snake has a gruff voice which was good. Superfriends....how about the animated Batman of the 90s and 2000s outside of course "The Batman" cartoon. Kevin Conroy did his voice perfectly. It wasn't gruff or anything cause it doesn't need to be.

Conroy distinctly sounded different than Bruce Wayne though as Batman. Bruce was very sophisticated, and dapper, Batmans voice was much harsher. That died down during the series and into Justice League, but most dialouge was with alfred, or d*** Grayson Robin that didnt need the deeper tone, but again that series takes place right b4 Robin would become Nightwing, and several years after where this movie leaves off. I still dont see it that far fetched.

To me Bale is Frank Millers vision, and I predict once this series is done Miller might get the next shot. After Sin City, 300, and the up and coming Spirit film, its a matter of time b4 we see a Frank Miller Batman. There wont be much to debate when that puppy happens. Frank Millers movies are 3D versions of the comics.

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #87 on: July 26, 2008, 03:04:30 AM »

Conroy distinctly sounded different than Bruce Wayne though as Batman. Bruce was very sophisticated, and dapper, Batmans voice was much harsher. That died down during the series and into Justice League, but most dialouge was with alfred, or p**** Grayson Robin that didnt need the deeper tone, but again that series takes place right b4 Robin would become Nightwing, and several years after where this movie leaves off. I still dont see it that far fetched.

To me Bale is Frank Millers vision, and I predict once this series is done Miller might get the next shot. After Sin City, 300, and the up and coming Spirit film, its a matter of time b4 we see a Frank Miller Batman. There wont be much to debate when that puppy happens. Frank Millers movies are 3D versions of the comics.

Speaking of Frank Miller, what are your thoughts on Batman: Year 100? (yeah, it's not miller. But it's more like a sequel of sorts to his own Year One arc)
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline I_Burner

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:January 29, 2012, 05:08:52 AM
  • Avy by Hollow Boy aka C.D.
    • Burnt M.U.G.E.N.
« Reply #88 on: July 26, 2008, 03:59:57 PM »
I thought the voice thing was a little overdone at times, but it works for the character. In the context of this series, Bruce is trying to make Batman into something more than human. So in addition to trying to protect his identity, he wants Batman to be seen as something larger-than-life and over-the-top. The only point that the voice really bugged me was when he was talking to Fox, who knows exactly who he is and what he doing. It made no sense to me that he would be trying to disguise his voice then. I do prefer Conroy's voicing of the character, or even Keaton's, but Bale's attempt still works for this version of the character.

As for the Jack vs. Ledger debate, I don't think it's even fair to make a comparison. Nicholson's Joker was a completely different character from a very different vision of Gotham. And though I loved Jack's Joker, I never lost sight of the fact that I was watching Jack Nicholson act. Ledger's performance was impressive to me simply because I could forget that it was Heath Ledger on screen. This Joker had to be different from what we've seen before, otherwise the movie wouldn't work. If Ledger played this character too much like Jack, or Hamill, or (God help us) Romero, people would view his performance as a failure (regardless of whether or not he's alive), and the movie would have tanked. The kind of pressure he was under to not only give a performance that could carry the film but to also separate himself from giants who have played this character before him was tremendous. Some of the mannerisms he chose were odd, but this was an attempt at a realistic Joker. In real life, if there was someone truly that twisted, they would be bound to have some other issues. Yes, this was a departure from what we have seen before, but again within the context of these films, I don't think this character could have been portrayed any better.

You know, I never mean to go off on these huge rants.... It just sort of happens....

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #89 on: July 29, 2008, 05:41:03 AM »
Just thought I'd share this.

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline malisiousjoe

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:November 27, 2011, 10:33:23 PM
  • Stop your crying!!!
« Reply #90 on: July 29, 2008, 08:01:16 AM »
I thought the Dark Knight was true to the comics in every way and that the way it should have been. I didn't like Jack's Joker and Ledger's Joker was completely insane as he should be. Harvey was also well played. Batman was typical Bale and I've always enjoyed his work. Lot's of plesant surprises too. My question is do you think Joker will come back?

Thanks DG!

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: July 29, 2008, 09:01:07 AM »
No they said they would not re-cat Joker.

Bale however has said that he believes the 3rd film will be even better than the 2nd, and it was always intended that way. We shall see whats up there sleve in a couple years.

Offline malisiousjoe

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:November 27, 2011, 10:33:23 PM
  • Stop your crying!!!
« Reply #92 on: July 29, 2008, 05:48:47 PM »

Bale however has said that he believes the 3rd film will be even better than the 2nd, and it was always intended that way. We shall see whats up there sleve in a couple years.
*rubs hands together* I can't wait!

Thanks DG!

Offline thefisherkings

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 01, 2012, 07:28:44 PM
  • Jesus Saves!
« Reply #93 on: July 30, 2008, 10:34:17 AM »

I just got a wierd feeling in my stomach
This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life!

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 12:00:37 AM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #94 on: July 30, 2008, 10:39:14 AM »
So.. I actually just saw this movie this past weekend. I liked the beginning, the middle scene (the Harvey Dent chase scene) was epic, and so was the ending...

Health Ledger performed his last and (what I think is) his greatest role as The Joker!

This movie was epic, and I can't wait for the 2 DVD set when it comes out!! I'm sure they'll do it, sometime.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[Today at 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar