collapse

Author Topic: The Dark Knight: Official Thread!  (Read 2489 times)

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
Re: The Dark Knight: Official Thread!
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2008, 11:43:27 PM »
It was cool to see the rogues gallery building, I could totally see Scarecrow, Joker, and 2 face evolving into their comic versions, as they become obsessed with Batman, and there by becoming more colorful themselves.

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2008, 12:12:16 AM »
This movie was Kickass! I saw it today, The Joker was great!

Offline George Costanza

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 20, 2010, 08:55:01 PM
  • You can stuff your sorries in a sack, mister!
    • Heavy Metal Mugen
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2008, 12:43:27 AM »
Bale was a horrible actor the movie overall was good  ;D

joker was incredible  ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Offline CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!! LVL 16!!

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 12, 2010, 08:55:52 PM
  • Pretend this mood thing says, "Feelin' Obvious!"
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2008, 03:19:12 AM »

If you dont mind me asking wat was wrong with Bale?? My only complaint was him doing that Weird Voice when he's in the batsuit but that was it, he's Now THE Batman.  /:O

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2008, 04:27:49 AM »

If you dont mind me asking wat was wrong with Bale?? My only complaint was him doing that Weird Voice when he's in the batsuit but that was it, he's Now THE Batman.  /:O
Hoenstly, I don't even mind the voice. I do mind the other versions of Batman that don't have that voice though.

Offline George Costanza

• Infinity Regular
    • Heavy Metal Mugen
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2008, 07:12:10 AM »

he showed no emotion in everything he did like when he fought looked mad stiff and when he fought it didnt look right when he was mad u didnt really feel for him i could not really sympathize  for him

every one in the movie said something deep and memorable to me

"The only justice in an unfair world is chance. " - Harvey Dent

"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger." The Joker

bat mansaid nothing that i can remember

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2008, 07:56:16 AM »

he showed no emotion in everything he did like when he fought looked mad stiff and when he fought it didnt look right when he was mad u didnt really feel for him i could not really sympathize  for him

Whatever 8=|

Offline BA$

• The guy who notices the small things people don't
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 17, 2014, 09:20:37 PM
  • I want to contrbute for MUGEN
    • follow me at twitter
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2008, 03:06:16 PM »

Whatever 8=|
Quote from: Unknown
Thinking.
Why does Dommsday pull the cape out of his crotch though

Offline George Costanza

• Infinity Regular
    • Heavy Metal Mugen
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2008, 04:09:18 PM »
hey its the truth at least 2 me it is :-j

Offline Warcueid

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 17, 2020, 10:42:46 PM
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2008, 06:56:54 PM »
Not to rain on everyones parade here, but, I agree with TommyxSpitsXblood. Bale did feel stiff at times. That doesn't mean the movie was horrible, in fact the movie was fantastic. I feel that they should stop the Dark Knight movies with this one. After seeing Ledgers' performance as The Joker, I think it would be pretty hard for them to live up to this movie. But hey, lets see what happens in the future...... I guess.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2008, 07:05:34 PM »
OK I finally found the time to watch this movie .

I thought it was excellent .

The villian I thought I would like , I hated & the villian I thought I would hate , I liked .

When I seen the shots of Two Face I thought I was going to hate him .

Two Face was awesome . They stuck to the character & he was played well .

I personally think Heath Ledger sucked as the Joker . I'm really glad he didn't have more lines in the movie . Because if he had anymore , that would have ruined it for me .

I had to watch Batman Beyond Return of the Joker right after watching this movie . Just to get this horrid Joker performance out of my head & remind me what a real Joker performance is .

Of course most of the fan boys are going to disagree with me since the guy that played him took his own life & is dead now .

This is the same case with everything .

Randy Rhodes = Greatest Guitarist ever in some peoples eyes

Cliff Burton = Greatest Bass player ever to some .

Tupac = greatest rapper

I hear it all the time . Did they have talent , yes . Greatest ever I think not . It's weird when people die they become the greatest ever .

Heath was a terrible Joker to me . If he didn't kill himself the fan boys would have probably said mediocre at best . But since he is dead  ......
Greatest ever . I think not .

I personally believe if the guy was still alive the fan boys would not be saying " he was the greatest joker ever , no one could be a better joker "
Because he really wasn't . He didn't even have the " joker enthusiasm " in the role .

My opinion .

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

• Infinity Faithful
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2008, 07:31:41 PM »
OK I finally found the time to watch this movie .

I personally think Heath Ledger sucked as the Joker . I'm really glad he didn't have more lines in the movie . Because if he had anymore , that would have ruined it for me .

I had to watch Batman Beyond Return of the Joker right after watching this movie . Just to get this horrid Joker performance out of my head & remind me what a real Joker performance is .

:|

Really? Elaborate.

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2008, 07:42:04 PM »
Not to rain on everyones parade here, but, I agree with TommyxSpitsXblood. Bale did feel stiff at times. That doesn't mean the movie was horrible, in fact the movie was fantastic. I feel that they should stop the Dark Knight movies with this one. After seeing Ledgers' performance as The Joker, I think it would be pretty hard for them to live up to this movie. But hey, lets see what happens in the future...... I guess.

Since when is Batman a big talker :DxDie

Bale on his worst day owns any actor to put on the cowl. He portrayed a very green Batman, someone not used to any supervillan. He even dismisses Joker early on to go after Mob bosses.

No offense but a lot of gripers seem to know very little about Batman other than what theyve seen on toons. Not you persay, but I wonder how many people pro Ledger, or Bale gripers have actually read any Batman comics, or graphic novels. saying Batman is cold, and stiff is a compliment. Batman is that way, even his gruff persona is an act, not true anger, just a way of covering himself in front of those around him.

• Infinity Faithful
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2008, 07:55:47 PM »

No offense but a lot of gripers seem to know very little about Batman other than what theyve seen on toons. Not you persay, but I wonder how many people pro Ledger, or Bale gripers have actually read any Batman comics, or graphic novels. saying Batman is cold, and stiff is a compliment. Batman is that way, even his gruff persona is an act, not true anger, just a way of covering himself in front of those around him.
Agreed, that's spot on!!   You Always know what to say!! :thumbsup:

The only way to have a talkative Batman is to use Terry McGinnis. Batman...

"he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... a DARK KNIGHT...."
~Gary Oldman

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2008, 07:59:42 PM »

^^(PM)^

tl;dr Shut up you're not as into comics as I am so your opinion doesn't matter nor make any sense.  :DxDie
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline Warcueid

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2008, 08:47:59 PM »

Perhaps I should of been more clear, I meant his performance as Bruce Wayne, while you do see him as a "playboy" in the movie. He shows little to no emotion than the previous movie. (that also might be because you see more Batman than Wayne.) But the reason I say his performance AS WAYNE was stiff is because of how he takes Rachels' death. He barely showed any emotion and while you KNOW he feels sad, he (Bale) doesn't depict it too well, IMO.
Bale on his worst day owns any actor to put on the cowl.
He does play this Batman well, I agree. But hes a tie with Keaton in my opinion, seeing as how they portrayed two different Batman.(I'm not mentioning the other actors, cause, well.......they were horrible and any Batman movie after Batman Returns, with the exception of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, should be forgotten.)
Thats dandy and often true, and don't take this personally, but what you said makes you sound like:
Shut up you're not as into comics as I am so your opinion doesn't matter nor make any sense.  :DxDie
ps: I know you didn't direct that "not a lot of people know about the comics,etc" at me, but I was trying to have some fun there. ;D

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2008, 09:54:56 PM »
Anyway, it wasnt meant to offend, or be directed toward you, just an outcry in general.

Batman doesnt deal with death well, he didnt let Jason Todds death influence his morals, in JLU's Death of Superman he refuses to go to the funeral. Recently when Martian Manhunter died in the comics he said nothing, just placed an Oreo Cookie in his coffin.

Nothing can slow the mission. Not Robins Death, not breaking up with a babe like catwoman, not the death of many friends, and lovers, thats just the Bat.

Sorry to geek out, but its the one thing I guess I'm a mega fan of.  :)

Offline shinra358

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:August 16, 2008, 07:20:26 PM
« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2008, 09:58:35 PM »
yall know not to pay no mind to asian jesus considering he always wants to fight all the time.

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2008, 10:14:03 PM »
yall know not to pay no mind to asian jesus considering he always wants to fight all the time.

That's what you think. :'(

Anyway, it wasnt meant to offend, or be directed toward you, just an outcry in general.

Batman doesnt deal with death well, he didnt let Jason Todds death influence his morals, in JLU's Death of Superman he refuses to go to the funeral. Recently when Martian Manhunter died in the comics he said nothing, just placed an Oreo Cookie in his coffin.

Nothing can slow the mission. Not Robins Death, not breaking up with a babe like catwoman, not the death of many friends, and lovers, thats just the Bat.

Eh, it's okay. It happens to the best of us. For example, it happens to me and Gundam stuff.  ;)

(and I think you're just jumping to conclusions because you probably just don't like me, shinra. It's okay. It's the internet. Oh, and LOLASSUMPTIONS.)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 10:20:09 PM by [Asian-Jesus] »
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline Warcueid

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2008, 10:34:54 PM »

Don't sweat it, its cool  :thumbsup: I'm glad that there are people out there keeping up with comics and enjoying, and basically keeping them alive. Everyone geeks out at something (we ARE on a forum dedicated to a game engine ;D).
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 06:20:34 PM by Warcueid »

Offline I_Burner

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:January 29, 2012, 05:08:52 AM
  • Avy by Hollow Boy aka C.D.
    • Burnt M.U.G.E.N.
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2008, 10:38:15 PM »
Perhaps I should of been more clear, I meant his performance as Bruce Wayne, while you do see him as a "playboy" in the movie. He shows little to no emotion than the previous movie. (that also might be because you see more Batman than Wayne.) But the reason I say his performance AS WAYNE was stiff is because of how he takes Rachels' death. He barely showed any emotion and while you KNOW he feels sad, he (Bale) doesn't depict it too well, IMO.

Hmm. I actually took that scene as Bruce being too overwelmed to show much of anything. He failed Rachel, the one person he cared for most, and she never would have been in that kind of danger had he not become Batman. He was in shock.

And as ALEXZIQ pointed out, Bruce Wayne doesn't know how to handle death. Batman's cowl isn't the only mask he wears. Not everyone responds to the loss of a loved one with a huge outpouring of emotion, but rather they internalize it all. Just look at how he handled his parents' deaths (in the last movie at least)... he ran away, and never intended to return. Bruce hides his feelings, for far too many reasons to go into here. Personally, I thought that performance was very true to the character.

Also just wanted to give some props to the supporting cast that aren't getting as much attention in this thread. Oldman's performance finally brings Gordon to life. He's such a huge part of the Batman universe, yet he's always been trivialized on the big screen. Same goes for Michael Caine's Alfred - he's finally not being portrayed as the stodgy old butler who just seems to be going along with Bruce's plans like some sort of geriatric robot. This is an Alfred who believes in what Batman stands for, possibly even more than Bruce Wayne himself. We've seen good animated versions of these characters before, but it's great to see them getting the treatment they deserve from Hollywood.

Anyway....
This movie has got to be the best thing I've seen in the last 10 years. I've seen it twice so far, and I'm dying to go see it in IMAX!!! (Can't think of much of anything more bad@$$ than a 3-story tall Batman!) I have to keep waiting, though, since tickets for that here are STILL SOLD OUT  \-/o

Offline Warcueid

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2008, 11:05:11 PM »
Hmm. I actually took that scene as Bruce being too overwelmed to show much of anything. He failed Rachel, the one person he cared for most, and she never would have been in that kind of danger had he not become Batman. He was in shock.

And as ALEXZIQ pointed out, Bruce Wayne doesn't know how to handle death. Batman's cowl isn't the only mask he wears. Not everyone responds to the loss of a loved one with a huge outpouring of emotion, but rather they internalize it all. Just look at how he handled his parents' deaths (in the last movie at least)... he ran away, and never intended to return. Bruce hides his feelings, for far too many reasons to go into here. Personally, I thought that performance was very true to the character.
Hmm. That is very interesting and is true to the character. But I can't help but ask myself, is what we saw during that seen Wayne or Batman? Like you said, he failed her, in his own sight......going offtopic. But I guess you're right, that was an accurate portrayal of both Batman and Wayne.As for the supporting cast, like you mentioned, Michael Caine plays a great Alfred. The writers really knew how to make Alfred more than just a butler and shows how he is part of the Wayne family.

Yeah, I'm in the same sinking IMAX boat with you. But a friend told me that he could get me tickets for a show....heres to hoping that it happens.

Offline George Costanza

• Infinity Regular
    • Heavy Metal Mugen
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: July 25, 2008, 02:17:42 AM »

Bale on his worst day owns any actor to put on the cowl. He portrayed a very green Batman, someone not used to any supervillan. He even dismisses Joker early on to go after Mob bosses.

i ment him portraying the batman was crap sum 1 could have done a better job

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2008, 07:01:17 AM »

Ok. How did he show no emotion? Or were you out grabbing popcorn during the interrogation scene? He went flying off the walls in that scene.

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2008, 07:35:51 AM »

i ment him portraying the batman was sh*t sum 1 could have done a better job

No you couldnt, thats how Batman is, read a comic.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar