collapse

Author Topic: wrestling discussion  (Read 2867 times)

Offline The Anvil

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:September 23, 2015, 08:40:42 AM
    • Email
Re: wrestling discussion
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2008, 09:12:19 AM »
The best wrestler of all time BRET THE HITMAN  HART, the best tag of all time JIM THE ANVIL NEIDHART AND BRET HART HART FOUNDATION, the best FACTION of all time BRET HART, OWEN HART ,BULLDOG, BRAIN PILLMAN AND JIM THE ANVIL NEIDHART= THE NEW HART FOUNDATION. Time and time again bret had the best matches , ss 92 vs bulldog, ss 91 vs curt hennig, wm 13 vs stone cold. The list goes on. My fav moment was when bret reformed the new hart foundation , and they fueded with steve austin in 1997.

To a point I do agree . Bret Hart truly is , The best there is , the best there was & the best there ever will be . The Excellence of Execution . Probably the greatest technichal wrestler of all time . Too bad a no talent bum like Goldberg basically ended his career . So I agree with you on The Hitman .

As for the White Rhino , Neidhart  . He sucked . The best thing they ever did was break up the Hart Foundation & give Brett solo career . Brett carried his dead carcass for too long . Brett became the WWF champion many times after that . What happened to Neidhart , NOTHING ! I think I prove my point .

Now as much as I agree with you on the Hitman . You can't take nothing away from " tha showstopper  " I don't think I've ever seen Shawn Michaels have a bad match . Totallu different style from Brett , but a great performer none the less . I've seen Shawn even make the sh*ttiest wrestlers in a match look good . That's a talent in itself .

And YES he did screw Brett when he put in his own maneuver . the dreaded " sharpshooter "

I have a question for the fans here . Which came first , Sting's Scorpion Deathlock or The Hitman's Sharpshooter ? I do not know , so I'm just wondering .

other than the first paragraph i disagree with EVERYTHING you said.
Jim Neidhart, is one of the best in ring wrestlers of all time, HE was the one carrying bret at the start of brets career, and bret has said this himself, jim wasnt used because they couldnt push both members at the same time (same as what happened to the rockers, only the wrong rocker got pushed, shawn should have been pushed out of the building, maybe in front of some oncoming traffic lol)
Jim Neidhart is THE BEST brawler, and was the best wrestler who never held a singles title.
He was supposed to win the IC championship from Deisel in 94, but got ill and was replaced with razor, he was also going to be tag with owen at WM11, but left (i dont know why).
Have you ever seen jim actually wrestle? just like in 97 he outwrestles steve austin, ken shamrock and triple H, and even the rock.
He has the best standing dropkick, powerslam and shoulder block i have ever seen.
And is one of the best promo cutters in history
now, as far as hickenbottom goes, youv never watched summerslam 92? worst match iv ever seen (martel and michaels), shawn is a dreadful wrestler, and many wrestlers were surprised when he was pushed singly (many people beleive due to having off screen relations with pat patterson 8-})
ss92 is just an example of a match where someone cannot carry his @$$ through a match and it ends up looking like a pile of puke. Look how hard tatanka had to work at wrestlemania 9 to make their match look good.
i will never forgive or forget what shawn michaels did to bret, not only that but how un professional he (still) is, take his match against hogan for example, his faked injuries to get out of dropping the belt to bret at WM13 and the MSG incident among other things.
and even recently trying to get umaga fired over something as stupid as tight colours.
i wish jim would come back and botch an anvil flattener on shawn, thus ending his career like he ruined brets wwe career.
he now hides behind god (but still does sleezy things)
Hart Foundation For EVER!!!!!!!! (besides, where do you think i got the name The Anvil from?)

Offline The Anvil

• Email
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2008, 09:13:14 AM »

I have a question for the fans here . Which came first , Sting's Scorpion Deathlock or The Hitman's Sharpshooter ? I do not know , so I'm just wondering .
Sting used it first back when he wrestled as Flash with the Blade Runners.

That's what I thought . Thanx

and also, the scorpion deathlock is actually i little different to the sharpshooter, stu and bret came up with the move together

Offline Superjoker

• Infinity Sprite Artist
  • Last Login:November 11, 2019, 10:01:54 PM
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2008, 10:51:37 AM »

thats not true anvil, watch the dvd man, bret says 'everyone thinks my dad tought me the sharpsoother but its not true'

but i must agree wit u, HART FOUNDATION 4 EVER

they tried to make a new foundation, wit all the new gen hart's includin the anvil's daughter

Offline tremainekr

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:August 17, 2021, 03:04:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2008, 11:40:11 AM »
If he does retire, they'll probably stage it as a career match, like they did with Ric Flair.

Also, this made me lol.

[youtube=425,350]NN9qhIeyX1g[/youtube]

OMG hahahahahahahahh ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

thats the good stuff
Your sig is way too big - Admin

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2008, 11:53:34 AM »

thats not true anvil, watch the dvd man, bret says 'everyone thinks my dad tought me the sharpsoother but its not true'

Yeah he shouldve said he stole it from Sting like he knows he did 8=|

Offline tremainekr

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2008, 12:08:26 PM »
the rock was my favorite. even when he was bad with the corparation and with nation of domination.
altough................................................

IM a D-D-Peion. cant find the clip when he diamond cutter raven,then lodi jumped from the top rope and he caught it in mid air, saturn had the
chair,ddp kicked the chair,the chair backfired on saturn then he caught it. ddp threw kidman to the ropes. then launched him in the air and he caught it. kanyon was on the turnbuckle. ddp shock the ropes, kanyon then fell on his balls and ddp diamond cutter kanyon off the top turnbuckle.  

medical bills unknown amounts of money/ becoming a legend and putting on a good show that night priceless.

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 06:44:39 PM by tremainekr »

Offline Goenitz

• Infinity Messiah &
  • Infinity Original
  • Last Login:November 13, 2022, 02:35:50 AM
  • Truth can only be found in the depths of darkness.
    • R8derboy
    • infinitymugenteam
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2008, 01:13:57 PM »

yeh sting invented it, hence 'the scorpion deathlock'

it was tought to bret hart by konnan in japan, hitman perfected the move

its on the hitman dvd
actually it was invented by Riki Choshu a NJPW wrestler back in the 80's and the original name of it was the Sasori-Gatame. but sting was the one that made it popular here in the states
PSN: R8derboy

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2008, 01:41:07 PM »

its on the hitman dvd
actually it was invented by Riki Choshu a NJPW wrestler back in the 80's and the original name of it was the Sasori-Gatame. but sting was the one that made it popular here in the states

I remember the plot well. NWA, and NJPW started interacting a lot after Muta, and Sting debut in the NWA. Sting and Muta's fued had come to an end for the time, and Sting was getting pushed, and began the Sting/Flair rivalry. Sting came back from an event in Japan sporting a new Scorpion on his trunks, and used the move in the ole TBS studios against one of the ole NWA/GCW jobbers (maybe Mike South) He announced it was the Scorpion Death lock

Offline tremainekr

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2008, 06:07:57 PM »

its on the hitman dvd
[/quote]
[/quote]

I remember the plot well. NWA, and NJPW started interacting a lot after Muta, and Sting debut in the NWA. Sting and Muta's fued had come to an end for the time, and Sting was getting pushed, and began the Sting/Flair rivalry. Sting came back from an event in Japan sporting a new Scorpion on his trunks, and used the move in the ole TBS studios against one of the ole NWA/GCW jobbers (maybe Mike South) He announced it was the Scorpion Death lock
[/quote]

now i know the truth,and knowing is half the battle G.I. Joe. lol

thank for the info

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2008, 06:27:01 PM »
The best wrestler of all time BRET THE HITMAN  HART, the best tag of all time JIM THE ANVIL NEIDHART AND BRET HART HART FOUNDATION, the best FACTION of all time BRET HART, OWEN HART ,BULLDOG, BRAIN PILLMAN AND JIM THE ANVIL NEIDHART= THE NEW HART FOUNDATION. Time and time again bret had the best matches , ss 92 vs bulldog, ss 91 vs curt hennig, wm 13 vs stone cold. The list goes on. My fav moment was when bret reformed the new hart foundation , and they fueded with steve austin in 1997.

To a point I do agree . Bret Hart truly is , The best there is , the best there was & the best there ever will be . The Excellence of Execution . Probably the greatest technichal wrestler of all time . Too bad a no talent bum like Goldberg basically ended his career . So I agree with you on The Hitman .

As for the White Rhino , Neidhart  . He sucked . The best thing they ever did was break up the Hart Foundation & give Brett solo career . Brett carried his dead carcass for too long . Brett became the WWF champion many times after that . What happened to Neidhart , NOTHING ! I think I prove my point .

Now as much as I agree with you on the Hitman . You can't take nothing away from " tha showstopper  " I don't think I've ever seen Shawn Michaels have a bad match . Totallu different style from Brett , but a great performer none the less . I've seen Shawn even make the sh*ttiest wrestlers in a match look good . That's a talent in itself .

And YES he did screw Brett when he put in his own maneuver . the dreaded " sharpshooter "

Jim Neidhart, is one of the best in ring wrestlers of all time, HE was the one carrying bret at the start of brets career, and bret has said this himself, jim wasnt used because they couldnt push both members at the same time (same as what happened to the rockers, only the wrong rocker got pushed, shawn should have been pushed out of the building, maybe in front of some oncoming traffic lol)
Jim Neidhart is THE BEST brawler, and was the best wrestler who never held a singles title.
He was supposed to win the IC championship from Deisel in 94, but got ill and was replaced with razor, he was also going to be tag with owen at WM11, but left (i dont know why).
Have you ever seen jim actually wrestle? just like in 97 he outwrestles steve austin, ken shamrock and triple H, and even the rock.
He has the best standing dropkick, powerslam and shoulder block i have ever seen.
now, as far as hickenbottom goes, youv never watched summerslam 92? worst match iv ever seen (martel and michaels), shawn is a dreadful wrestler, and many wrestlers were surprised when he was pushed singly (many people beleive due to having off screen relations with pat patterson 8-})
ss92 is just an example of a match where someone cannot carry his @$$ through a match and it ends up looking like a pile of puke. Look how hard tatanka had to work at wrestlemania 9 to make their match look good.
i will never forgive or forget what shawn michaels did to bret, not only that but how un professional he (still) is, take his match against hogan for example, his faked injuries to get out of dropping the belt to bret at WM13 and the MSG incident among other things.
and even recently trying to get umaga fired over something as stupid as tight colours.
i wish jim would come back and botch an anvil flattener on shawn, thus ending his career like he ruined brets wwe career.
Hart Foundation For EVER!!!!!!!! (besides, where do you think i got the name The Anvil from?)

Dude , Shawn Michaels is possibly the greatest entertainer / wrestler to ever enter the WWF . 

Shawn made it  on his own where's Jannety ? Yeah I thought so .

You talk about a match with Tatanka . You consider him a skilled wrestler ?

Sounds like you hold a personal grudge because of what happened to Bret . Sure Shawn new what was going to happen , but Vince McMahon was the one that set up the whole scenario .
Of course Shawn went along with it because that's what he gets paid to do & yeah , him &  The Hitman really didn't get along too well . Shawn didn't ruin Bret's WWF career . The Hitman was leaving for WCW anyway . If anyone ruined Bret's career it was WCW . They had a star of that magnitude & didn't have a clue what to do with him .

Yes I've seen Jim wrestle . You're comparing him to being better than The Rock , Triple H & Steve Austin . Which I consider all of them more showmen than wrestlers .

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline The Anvil

• Email
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2008, 09:15:36 AM »

Dude , Shawn Michaels is possibly the greatest entertainer / wrestler to ever enter the WWF . 

Shawn made it  on his own where's Jannety ? Yeah I thought so .

You talk about a match with Tatanka . You consider him a skilled wrestler ?

Sounds like you hold a personal grudge because of what happened to Bret . Sure Shawn new what was going to happen , but Vince McMahon was the one that set up the whole scenario .
Of course Shawn went along with it because that's what he gets paid to do & yeah , him &  The Hitman really didn't get along too well . Shawn didn't ruin Bret's WWF career . The Hitman was leaving for WCW anyway . If anyone ruined Bret's career it was WCW . They had a star of that magnitude & didn't have a clue what to do with him .

Yes I've seen Jim wrestle . You're comparing him to being better than The Rock , Triple H & Steve Austin . Which I consider all of them more showmen than wrestlers .

HHH came up with the whole ss 97 idea, and he and HBK but pressure on Vince to go through with it. HBK did ruin Brets wwe carrer, since Bret would have dropped the belt to Ken Shamrock next night on raw, or left the title vacent like he wanted to, and would not have been on bad terms with the company. Bret and Vince even were thinking of a 3 year run in WCW and then back to WWe after that.
Yes jannetty is better than shawn, still cant believe he was pushed, there were so many better wrestlers than him on the roster at the time. What i find even funnier is the fact jannetty used to kick HBK butt backstage, even his own partner didnt get on with him.

Too be honest i do think Tatanka is a better in ring wrestler than HBK . Shawns moveset is very limted, he only has a few moves and the super kick to the head is the worst finisher, its actually against the wrestling rule book.
   Just watch some Neidhart matches, see him in action against ken Shamrock or Steve austin, he out wrestles them hold to hold.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 09:23:58 AM by The Anvil »

Offline Legend Inc.

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 10, 2008, 06:01:16 PM
  • HOORAY FOR CENSORSHIP
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2008, 06:52:14 PM »
i think the sharpshooter is an overrated move
and the scorpion deathlock is just an elevated sharpshooter

now if you want REAL submissions then moves like the trailer hitch, cattle mutilation, gogoplata, and the anaconda vice/cross are the way to go

BTW the sharpshooter was NOT invented by Sting
it was invented by a japanese wrestler, named Ricki Chosu
a lot of wrestling moves used today were invented by japanese wrestlers

sting just raised the sharpshooter, and put his gimmick name on it

brett hart popularized the move for us westerners

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2008, 07:11:26 PM »
Walls of Jericho and Eddie Guerrero`s submission move("El lazo de El Paso" i think was its name) are just variations of the sharpshooter as well...also it was used by "we know who" benoit

Offline Legend Inc.

• Initiate
  • HOORAY FOR CENSORSHIP
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2008, 07:16:56 PM »
no the walls of jericho is an elevated boston crab
very different from a sharpshooter

the lasso from el paso is a modified cloverleaf where you dont put your legs between your opponents legs
looks sort of like a figure 4 leg lock except you are holding it together with your arms, not your legs

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2008, 07:39:24 PM »
owned...you`re right,but they are very similar indeed...i got confused... :-??

Offline Legend Inc.

• Initiate
  • HOORAY FOR CENSORSHIP
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2008, 07:47:25 PM »
okey dokey then

Offline The Anvil

• Email
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2008, 07:55:56 AM »
on another note is anyone else excited about warriors return?

Offline fer619

• Angry Bird
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:May 18, 2014, 09:32:23 PM
  • ANGRY BIRDZ GONNA DESTROY DEM PIGZ!
    • fer619's Hideout
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2008, 01:46:14 PM »

/:O
(click to show/hide)

Offline Goenitz

• Infinity Messiah &
  • Infinity Original
  • Last Login:November 13, 2022, 02:35:50 AM
  • Truth can only be found in the depths of darkness.
    • R8derboy
    • infinitymugenteam
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2008, 04:40:46 PM »
PSN: R8derboy

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2008, 04:50:48 PM »

Your kidding me , right ? the ultimate Warrior is coming back again ? I guess they didn't learn after the last debacle in WCW . I'll tell you what the Ultimate Warrior was my favorite . When I was 8 . He was larger than life , ran to the ring with so much intensity & pummeled people in like 3 seconds . That was a great gimmick at the time . His interveiws made absolutely no sense what so ever . It was like he was speaking another language . I loved it when I was young . Now the ultimate warrior is just boring . When he came to WCW a few tears ago to fight the nWo & he came out that first night & rambled on for like an hour not making an ounce of sense . I realized once again another childhood great memory was ruined .

Where is he coming to TNA ?

(click to show/hide)

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2008, 10:59:12 PM »

Your kidding me , right ? the ultimate Warrior is coming back again ? I guess they didn't learn after the last debacle in WCW . I'll tell you what the Ultimate Warrior was my favorite . When I was 8 . He was larger than life , ran to the ring with so much intensity & pummeled people in like 3 seconds . That was a great gimmick at the time . His interveiws made absolutely no sense what so ever . It was like he was speaking another language . I loved it when I was young . Now the ultimate warrior is just boring . When he came to WCW a few tears ago to fight the nWo & he came out that first night & rambled on for like an hour not making an ounce of sense . I realized once again another childhood great memory was ruined .

Not sure, but TNA has been running some Sting Interviews where he talks about his days in the Blade Runners, and when they ditched that deal and became Sting, and Dingo Warrior in The 1st Family or Wrestling with Rick steiner, and Muta, and how they parted ways very badley. Kinda would make sense.

Sting has dropped like 65 lbs in muscle over the years, one could only imagine with Warrior. If their setting up a settle the score deal, it wouldve been better in 88, than 2008.

God ive been watching this crap too long.

F'n soap opera

Offline The Heartbreak Kid

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:March 30, 2011, 05:02:45 PM
« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2008, 03:05:43 AM »

Not sure, but TNA has been running some Sting Interviews where he talks about his days in the Blade Runners, and when they ditched that deal and became Sting, and Dingo Warrior in The 1st Family or Wrestling with Rick steiner, and Muta, and how they parted ways very badley. Kinda would make sense.

Sting has dropped like 65 lbs in muscle over the years, one could only imagine with Warrior. If their setting up a settle the score deal, it wouldve been better in 88, than 2008.

God ive been watching this crap too long.

F'n soap opera

Warrior isnt coming to TNA.... well maybe sometime in the future but not now. The whole TNA interviews with Sting are apart of a retirement plan TNA is trying to honor (sorta like what wwe did with flair). Now don't take this wrong, This isnt just a crummy angle to 1up WWE. Sting is actually considering retiring again (he did before TNA brought him back).

As for Warriors comeback, he's doing it in a Spanish Promotion known as NWE and he'll be facing none other than former Smackdown Superstar Orlando Jordan. Heres the video

And for those of you who don't think Warrior is still in shape after all these years

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2008, 09:22:53 AM »
Well his head didnt hold up as well as Sting, but every other part of him is like he has Bane Venom running thru him.

Seeing the Warrior that old really made me feel old, that and made me realize I need to get my own azz into shape.

Why this is happening in this promotion is kinda pointless though. I think Hedgewig would look pretty good with the makeup, and maybe go for a bleached out flattop, and rat tail like Sting did back in the day. If he goes out with the gray its going to seem a tad odd.

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 04, 2012, 03:03:17 AM
  • Hail TO the King
« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2008, 02:16:39 PM »

ultimate warrior died.  it must be some stupid guy dressed up as him  8=|  i hate wwE

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2008, 02:38:08 PM »
The Warrior is pretty juiced up . He isn't anything without his hair . 

I wish I wouldn't have watched those videos . It ruined my childhood memories .

(click to show/hide)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar