collapse

Author Topic: wrestling discussion  (Read 2869 times)

Offline Legend Inc.

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 10, 2008, 06:01:16 PM
  • HOORAY FOR CENSORSHIP
    • Email
Re: wrestling discussion
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2008, 06:09:34 PM »
one of my favorite WWF moments was the surivor series when it was WWF vs. ECW/WCW

that was heaven

Offline Darqueness

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 25, 2022, 08:17:56 AM
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2008, 05:45:47 PM »
Just addin my own 1.5 cents.. From a guy who's taken his bumps and has quite a few friend sin the biz.. the industry as a whole is going through a recession,to put it mildly. Sad thing is, alot of naysayers and fans blame the talent, but the fact of the matter is, both WWE and TNA have quite a few great workers, and quite a few amazing wrestlers on either show (Paul London, Petey Williams, Beth Phoenix, I could go on and on) but it's not about the wrestlers it's about the craptastically stupid story lines and angles the creative team puts them in. I can honestly say that there isn't a single character on any of the 4 shows (Raw, ECW, Smackdown!, or Impact) that is being used properly and to the best of their ability. Paul Burchill, as someone mentioned earlier, had a friggin kick@$$ finisher (even tho it was a modified RockBottom, but what a modification  :thumbsup:) and a character that everyone enjoyed, but he was changed cuz the creative team felt he wasn't getting over with the fans. I dunno,but he usually had one of the loudest pops of the night when he was on. And throwin him with yet another female who isn't goin to have any real personality or unique isn't going to help.. (Don't even get me started on the DivaSearch wastes..)

The fact of the matter is the people in charge of both shows have no idea what's good anymore and no idea what the fans really want to see. Due to that they make things up that they think THEY wanna see, or things relating to the presently most popular shows,which for some stupid reason happens to be reality shows and teenage romance/drama crap like the stuff on CW. Not that I'm knocking on the romance/drama stuff,but seriously,if I turn on my tv to watch a wrestling show, main thing I'd like to see is a dying concept of entertainment called "wrestling".. I've been watching wrestling since Hogan won the belt from Iron Shiek back in '84 and never in all my years has the crap on tv been this  horrid. Back in the federation days, and the era of attitude, and even in the later millenium, there was always something for everyone. Nowadays it seems theres nothing for anyone. Of allthe other fans I know, inside the business and out, I don't know a single one who feels the current product on tv isn't total crap, or that they're doing like everything wrong.

For the record, for those of you who are true fans of professional wrestling, seriously, wrestling is not truly dead. Try checking out a few indy feds and you'll see what I mean. That's where the wrestlers are usually allowed to do everything they are capable of doing and truly be themselves, and show you just how good they really are.

K, gettin off my soapbox now.. Sorry, wrestling is just something very near and dear to my heart..  :)

Offline Superjoker

• Infinity Sprite Artist
  • Last Login:November 11, 2019, 10:01:54 PM
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2008, 02:18:15 AM »

i dont think the writers r the problem, true the storylines r f***'d up most times, n the wrestlers r cool.
but i think that the problem is dat everything has been done in wrestling already,
every gimmick has been played,
n egos rise, for example jeff jarrett QUIT wwf cos Austin wouldnt loose to him,
nWo they're all stuck up bastards backstage n so on.

i think that it use to b better cos there was n actual ratings competition, wwf vs wcw

wat do u think???
 :-??

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 04, 2012, 03:03:17 AM
  • Hail TO the King
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2008, 01:45:28 PM »

Gore Whore:

i think Crush is Brian Adams, he was in WCW part of KRONIK
there is no table, tlc, hell in a cell matches..... how ever....

RYU #19

please tell us more about this Project 64 a lil more, i seen some vids on you tube n it looks MMMMMAAAADDDD

I have to say that the best matches i ever saw where probs:

the first ever TLC match at WM17 i think
Dudleyz vs Hardyz vs Edge & Christian

IC championship ladder match RAW
Eddie Guerrero vs RVD
(this one is PPV material)

the ones i remember for now

the TLC at WM17 wasent the first that was the 2nd......the first TLC was in summerslam a year ago from that, which was awsome!

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2008, 02:04:47 PM »
Scott Hall was never Crush .

It was always Bryan Adams . The Demolition Crush , the Hawaian Crush . Bryan Adams 

He actually died last year .

Scott Hall was " The bad guy " Razor Ramone

My favorite time in wrestling besides when I was really young & idolized the Ultimate Warrior .

Was the nWo/DX era . nWo was great & it pushed WWF to be alot more vulgar  .

DX was best when it was Shawn , Hunter & Chyna . That was some funny sh*t .

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2008, 02:18:14 PM »
one of my favorite WWF moments was the surivor series when it was WWF vs. ECW/WCW

that was heaven

I saw that show live!

It was fun, but after seeing ECW live in the Philly days, it just wasnt ECW to me. Now I vomit every time I watch ECW these days,

Extremly Choreographed Wrestling
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 02:41:55 PM by ALEXZIQ »

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2008, 02:23:53 PM »
Due to strange stipulations(title or career it looks)Undertaker no longer works for WWE...as he lost to edge last night in a TLC match   >:(
So on the looks,Taker is either in hiatus or officially retired,but with wwe you never know  >:(

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2008, 02:56:59 PM »
Due to strange stipulations(title or career it looks)Undertaker no longer works for WWE...as he lost to edge last night in a TLC match   >:(
So on the looks,Taker is either in hiatus or officially retired,but with wwe you never know  >:(

I think he wanted to retire . Isn't he almost 50 ? Taker has been wresting since the late 70's maybe . If not definately the early 80's As Mean Marc Callus . At the least that's 28 years of abuse on his body . Especially the last 10 years where the stunts are bigger & the falls are higher .

I could be wrong , but I think he just wanted to retire .

(click to show/hide)

Offline fer619

• Angry Bird
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:May 18, 2014, 09:32:23 PM
  • ANGRY BIRDZ GONNA DESTROY DEM PIGZ!
    • fer619's Hideout
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2008, 06:17:38 PM »
it'll be a pretty damn shame if he does decide to retire. I enjoyed watching him in action.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2008, 06:47:43 PM »
If he does retire, they'll probably stage it as a career match, like they did with Ric Flair.

Also, this made me lol.

[youtube=425,350]NN9qhIeyX1g[/youtube]

Offline Goenitz

• Infinity Messiah &
  • Infinity Original
  • Last Login:November 13, 2022, 02:35:50 AM
  • Truth can only be found in the depths of darkness.
    • R8derboy
    • infinitymugenteam
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2008, 07:01:35 PM »
he is on a short vacation like randy orton is, the bad part for orton is that he actually got hurt really bad on his last match before leaving on his vacation. orton wanted a vacation to be next to his soon to be born son and was granted the time off but now he will be using that time to recover as well. undertaker will be brought back once edge dumps vicki and vicki out of hate for edge for being dumped lifts the loser leave clause that was implemented last night on him. so expect to see taker back in a month or so.
PSN: R8derboy

Offline Tundra

• Co-Founder/Former Member of the Infinity Deviants
  • Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 08:24:14 PM
  • SHEESH!!!
    • Wavy_Lamborghini
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2008, 07:12:04 PM »
Randy Orton is the best there is. RKO 4 life. He was the best in evolution and the best in Rated RKO. World Heavyweight Champ, Intercontinental, WWE Champ, US Champ, and all around hero.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2008, 07:13:37 PM »
If he does retire, they'll probably stage it as a career match, like they did with Ric Flair.

Also, this made me lol.

I thought that vid was controversial & funny  :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie

That match last night was a retirement match . If edge beat Taker he was supposed to retire .

So I think that's it .

(click to show/hide)

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2008, 07:22:07 PM »

Also, this made me lol.

[youtube=425,350]NN9qhIeyX1g[/youtube]

:DxDie :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie
I remember that skit...hilarious! :D
On topic:as i said before,if Taker leaves wrestling,of course it has to be in a big way,like Ric Flair(WHHOOOOH!)that had that match against HBK at WM
I didn`t know Randy Orton was going to be father...at least didn´t remember it
And it was a clause only for Taker,loser leaves WWE

Offline Goenitz

• Infinity Messiah &
  • Infinity Original
    • R8derboy
    • infinitymugenteam
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2008, 07:35:08 PM »
yeah undertaker left or so called retired but as stated on a wrestling site all it was was for him to get time of and wait till the edge/vicki angle comes to a end. that's when vicki will lift the stipulation from last night and so call bring him back

here is the sites qoute:
It was reported earlier that WWE took down The Undertaker's profile from the SmackDown! Superstars section of wwe.com to sell the storyline that he's gone from the company after losing to Edge last night. His profile has now been added to the Alumni section of wwe.com. Undertaker should be back and on the active roster once the La Familia angle comes to a conclusion. stay tune.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 07:47:48 PM by Goenitz »

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2008, 07:45:44 PM »
Taker despite his age is the best old guy in the be biz. These new manequins created in the Ohio Valley farm leagues over the years arent as mobile as the good ole Taker. I'm sure taker will perform on a reduced schedule for a few more years providing he avoids major injuries.

Offline The Anvil

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:September 23, 2015, 08:40:42 AM
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2008, 08:21:28 AM »
The best wrestler of all time BRET THE HITMAN  HART, the best tag of all time JIM THE ANVIL NEIDHART AND BRET HART HART FOUNDATION, the best FACTION of all time BRET HART, OWEN HART ,BULLDOG, BRAIN PILLMAN AND JIM THE ANVIL NEIDHART= THE NEW HART FOUNDATION. Time and time again bret had the best matches , ss 92 vs bulldog, ss 91 vs curt hennig, wm 13 vs stone cold. The list goes on. My fav moment was when bret reformed the new hart foundation , and they fueded with steve austin in 1997.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2008, 02:12:23 PM »
The best wrestler of all time BRET THE HITMAN  HART, the best tag of all time JIM THE ANVIL NEIDHART AND BRET HART HART FOUNDATION, the best FACTION of all time BRET HART, OWEN HART ,BULLDOG, BRAIN PILLMAN AND JIM THE ANVIL NEIDHART= THE NEW HART FOUNDATION. Time and time again bret had the best matches , ss 92 vs bulldog, ss 91 vs curt hennig, wm 13 vs stone cold. The list goes on. My fav moment was when bret reformed the new hart foundation , and they fueded with steve austin in 1997.

To a point I do agree . Bret Hart truly is , The best there is , the best there was & the best there ever will be . The Excellence of Execution . Probably the greatest technichal wrestler of all time . Too bad a no talent bum like Goldberg basically ended his career . So I agree with you on The Hitman .

As for the White Rhino , Neidhart  . He sucked . The best thing they ever did was break up the Hart Foundation & give Brett solo career . Brett carried his dead carcass for too long . Brett became the WWF champion many times after that . What happened to Neidhart , NOTHING ! I think I prove my point .

Now as much as I agree with you on the Hitman . You can't take nothing away from " tha showstopper  " I don't think I've ever seen Shawn Michaels have a bad match . Totallu different style from Brett , but a great performer none the less . I've seen Shawn even make the sh*ttiest wrestlers in a match look good . That's a talent in itself .

And YES he did screw Brett when he put in his own maneuver . the dreaded " sharpshooter "

I have a question for the fans here . Which came first , Sting's Scorpion Deathlock or The Hitman's Sharpshooter ? I do not know , so I'm just wondering .

(click to show/hide)

Offline fer619

• Angry Bird
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:May 18, 2014, 09:32:23 PM
  • ANGRY BIRDZ GONNA DESTROY DEM PIGZ!
    • fer619's Hideout
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2008, 02:21:23 PM »
Taker despite his age is the best old guy in the be biz.

^^(PM)^

although he's not THAT old
(click to show/hide)

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2008, 11:11:01 PM »
Well...anyway,i just visited wwe.com and found out that The Rock`s latest DVD will come out soon...and you get a classic match viewable for free there:
Eddie Guerrero vs The Rock.Excellent match in my opinion  ^:)^
Watch it yourselves and comment...let`s talk a little about the past

Offline Superjoker

• Infinity Sprite Artist
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2008, 12:40:10 AM »

i seen the add for the most electrifyin man in sports entertainment, ill b snappin that one up for real man.

it will go great with my the best there is the best there was n the best there ever will b dvd

EDDIE GUERRERO was my fave, i believe he was a true entertainer, i think all his matches are the best

Offline Goenitz

• Infinity Messiah &
  • Infinity Original
    • R8derboy
    • infinitymugenteam
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2008, 02:18:51 AM »

I have a question for the fans here . Which came first , Sting's Scorpion Deathlock or The Hitman's Sharpshooter ? I do not know , so I'm just wondering .
Sting used it first back when he wrestled as Flash with the Blade Runners.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2008, 02:24:32 AM »

That's what I thought . Thanx

(click to show/hide)

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2008, 07:34:58 AM »

Are you sure about that? While the Scorpion was indeed 1st, I remember Sting inventing it when he 1st started wrestling Flair so he would have a submission hold too. Up untill then he alway used the corner splash as his finisher.

Offline Superjoker

• Infinity Sprite Artist
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2008, 08:36:24 AM »

yeh sting invented it, hence 'the scorpion deathlock'

it was tought to bret hart by konnan in japan, hitman perfected the move

its on the hitman dvd

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[Today at 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar